Old 10-01-2019, 07:02 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default egg cooker question

On Wednesday, January 9, 2019 at 8:22:32 PM UTC-6, Sqwertz wrote:
On Wed, 9 Jan 2019 12:26:29 -0800 (PST), Nancy2 wrote:

You have taken a position with no knowledg of the small appliance we are talking about, and
that position is one of ignorance about that appliance, and now are too stubborn to quit
and say you were mistaken. It's a sorry position.

I'm not mistaken at all. My mother used to have an egg cooker, as I
implied in a previous post. I had used it a couple times and was
glad when I accidentally dropped it on the floor and broke it. As
it wasn't taking up valuable counter space and I didn't have to drag
it out of the cupboard when she needed it. Using the egg cooker is
no more convenient than using a pan. And the pan is infinitely more
useful.

I think we can call this argument over, if not a truce.

-sw

I'll agree to a truce, with a couple final points: it takes a lot more water to boil eggs on top the stove, and a pot to do it with takes up more space in a cupboard than an egg cooker. Second, it takes a lot more energy to boil a pot of water than it does for a cooker to do its thing.

There, I'm finished. ;-)

N.

Old 10-01-2019, 07:12 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, January 10, 2019 at 9:02:47 AM UTC-10, Nancy2 wrote:
[...]

If you had an automatic rice cooker you could probably do the same thing. Use a steamer basket and the same amount of water. It is unfortunate that my daughter threw out my beautiful rice cooker else I would be steaming eggs at this very moment.
Old 10-01-2019, 08:04 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 10 Jan 2019 11:02:43 -0800 (PST), Nancy2 wrote:

[...]

OK, fine, I'll argue this some more since you brought up energy vs.
cost of egg cooker....

[resisting temptation] Oh, fuggit - I'll let you have the last word ;-)

-sw
Old 10-01-2019, 08:41 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 10 Jan 2019 11:12:18 -0800 (PST), dsi1
wrote:

[...]

I much prefer an ordinary pot for cooking rice... and I can use the
same pot to boil eggs, and I do... that 2 qt Farberware pot is the
only pot that lives on my stove... that one pot is used to cook many
other things.

BTW, I can't only read a small portion of your's and nancy2's posts...
one day yoose may fix your word wrap... how ironic that yoose are
touting automatic cookery.
Old 10-01-2019, 08:52 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

[...]

Wait until you see a post by Greg Morrow, where he quotes an entire
article with endless lines. Screen pollution.

Old 10-01-2019, 09:11 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default All this talk of eggs. - Was: egg cooker question

On Thursday, January 10, 2019 at 1:10:42 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Thursday, January 10, 2019 at 12:02:51 PM UTC-6, Wayne Boatwright wrote:

I never at devilled eggs except for my grandmother's, until I asked
her specifically why she put in the filling. After learning that I
made them for myself, and I was always tempted to eat a plate full.
:-)

I believe I could make an entire meal out of deviled eggs. L-O-V-E them.

I sometimes have deviled eggs as the protein part of a meal, but I always
have some crudites along with. It's scarcely a meal if it doesn't have
vegetables.

Cindy Hamilton
Old 10-01-2019, 09:14 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

[...]

It's probably yoose and Popeye's software. I don't have a problem
reading them. See if yoose can find a setting to wrap the lines instead
of having to rely on other people to compose just for yoose.

Old 10-01-2019, 09:16 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

[...]

Of course you can boil eggs in an automatic rice cooker. I've done that. My suggestion is to steam the eggs instead of boiling them. When the measured quantity of water is gone, the cooker turns off or goes into the keep warm mode.

The real irony is that you want me to revert back to computing of the 90's so that you can read my posts easier. I cannot do that because Windows computing is like the dark age for me. It's all like a very bad dream and now I have awoken.

OTOH, I am trying to set up an old Dell notebook to run propitiatory Windows dino-ware. The hardware on this thing is pretty much overwhelmed by Windows. With the original OS installed, I got 4.7 GB left on the 30 GB drive. This means that I don't have enough room on the drive to do the security and Windows update. Jeepers! I can't believe they sold computers like this. The good news is that this computer might be teal in color. Very hip!

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...5_GjMCExFGEC7z

Old 10-01-2019, 09:24 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

[...]

It's Google Group's fault. It uses a non standard line length, or no
line length at all, more likely.

I can press a key to make it wrap, so it doesn't run off the screen,
but you're still looking at lines that are the width of your entire
screen.

Old 10-01-2019, 09:25 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 10 Jan 2019 13:11:50 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
wrote:

On Thursday, January 10, 2019 at 1:10:42 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Thursday, January 10, 2019 at 12:02:51 PM UTC-6, Wayne Boatwright wrote:

I never at devilled eggs except for my grandmother's, until I asked
her specifically why she put in the filling. After learning that I
made them for myself, and I was always tempted to eat a plate full.
:-)

I believe I could make an entire meal out of deviled eggs. L-O-V-E them.

I sometimes have deviled eggs as the protein part of a meal, but I always
have some crudites along with. It's scarcely a meal if it doesn't have
vegetables.

Yes, if I have a lunch or dinner without vegetables, I feel like a
child at a birthday party.
Old 10-01-2019, 10:05 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

[...]

Which key?

It's essentially only those two whose tying goes off the screen, most
everyone else wraps perfectly.
Old 10-01-2019, 10:34 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

[...]

In Forte Agent it's the letter O key. It helps a bit when you're
reading their posts, but not when you're replying to them.

It's essentially only those two whose tying goes off the screen, most
everyone else wraps perfectly.

Yes, it's only the Google Groups users. Google Groups does a lot more
wrong.
Old 10-01-2019, 11:17 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

[...]

Yoose are beginning to sound like yoose buddy Jill.