Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default All this talk of eggs. - Was: egg cooker question

On Thursday, January 10, 2019 at 1:10:42 PM UTC-5, wrote:
> On Thursday, January 10, 2019 at 12:02:51 PM UTC-6, Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> >
> > I never at devilled eggs except for my grandmother's, until I asked
> > her specifically why she put in the filling. After learning that I
> > made them for myself, and I was always tempted to eat a plate full.
> > :-)
> >

> I believe I could make an entire meal out of deviled eggs. L-O-V-E them.

I sometimes have deviled eggs as the protein part of a meal, but I always
have some crudites along with. It's scarcely a meal if it doesn't have
vegetables.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default egg cooker question

Bruce wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Jan 2019 15:41:40 -0500, wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 10 Jan 2019 11:12:18 -0800 (PST), dsi1
>> > wrote:

>>> If you had an automatic rice cooker you could probably do the same thing. Use a steamer basket and the same amount of water. It is unfortunate that my daughter threw out my beautiful rice cooker else I would be steaming eggs at this very moment.

>> I much prefer an ordinary pot for cooking rice... and I can use the
>> same pot to boil eggs, and I do... that 2 qt Farberware pot is the
>> only pot that lives on my stove... that one pot is used to cook many
>> other things.
>>
>> BTW, I can't only read a small portion of your's and nancy2's posts...
>> one day yoose may fix your word wrap... how ironic that yoose are
>> touting automatic cookery.

> Wait until you see a post by Greg Morrow, where he quotes an entire
> article with endless lines. Screen pollution.

It's probably yoose and Popeye's software. I don't have a problem
reading them. See if yoose can find a setting to wrap the lines instead
of having to rely on other people to compose just for yoose.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, January 10, 2019 at 10:41:44 AM UTC-10, Sheldon wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Jan 2019 11:12:18 -0800 (PST), dsi1
> > wrote:

> >> I'll agree to a truce, with a couple final points: it takes a lot more water to boil eggs on top the stove, and a pot to do it with takes up more space in a cupboard than an egg cooker. Second, it takes a lot more energy to boil a pot of water than it does for a cooker to do its thing.
> >>
> >> There, I'm finished. ;-)
> >>
> >> N.

> >If you had an automatic rice cooker you could probably do the same thing.. Use a steamer basket and the same amount of water. It is unfortunate that my daughter threw out my beautiful rice cooker else I would be steaming eggs at this very moment.

> I much prefer an ordinary pot for cooking rice... and I can use the
> same pot to boil eggs, and I do... that 2 qt Farberware pot is the
> only pot that lives on my stove... that one pot is used to cook many
> other things.
>
> BTW, I can't only read a small portion of your's and nancy2's posts...
> one day yoose may fix your word wrap... how ironic that yoose are
> touting automatic cookery.

Of course you can boil eggs in an automatic rice cooker. I've done that. My suggestion is to steam the eggs instead of boiling them. When the measured quantity of water is gone, the cooker turns off or goes into the keep warm mode.

The real irony is that you want me to revert back to computing of the 90's so that you can read my posts easier. I cannot do that because Windows computing is like the dark age for me. It's all like a very bad dream and now I have awoken.

OTOH, I am trying to set up an old Dell notebook to run propitiatory Windows dino-ware. The hardware on this thing is pretty much overwhelmed by Windows. With the original OS installed, I got 4.7 GB left on the 30 GB drive. This means that I don't have enough room on the drive to do the security and Windows update. Jeepers! I can't believe they sold computers like this. The good news is that this computer might be teal in color. Very hip!

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...5_GjMCExFGEC7z

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 10 Jan 2019 15:14:43 -0600, Hank Rogers >
wrote:

>Bruce wrote:
>> On Thu, 10 Jan 2019 15:41:40 -0500, wrote:
>>
>>> On Thu, 10 Jan 2019 11:12:18 -0800 (PST), dsi1

>>> I much prefer an ordinary pot for cooking rice... and I can use the
>>> same pot to boil eggs, and I do... that 2 qt Farberware pot is the
>>> only pot that lives on my stove... that one pot is used to cook many
>>> other things.
>>>
>>> BTW, I can't only read a small portion of your's and nancy2's posts...
>>> one day yoose may fix your word wrap... how ironic that yoose are
>>> touting automatic cookery.

>> Wait until you see a post by Greg Morrow, where he quotes an entire
>> article with endless lines. Screen pollution.
>>

>It's probably yoose and Popeye's software. I don't have a problem
>reading them. See if yoose can find a setting to wrap the lines instead
>of having to rely on other people to compose just for yoose.

It's Google Group's fault. It uses a non standard line length, or no
line length at all, more likely.

I can press a key to make it wrap, so it doesn't run off the screen,
but you're still looking at lines that are the width of your entire
screen.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 10 Jan 2019 13:11:50 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Thursday, January 10, 2019 at 1:10:42 PM UTC-5, wrote:
>> On Thursday, January 10, 2019 at 12:02:51 PM UTC-6, Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>> >
>> > I never at devilled eggs except for my grandmother's, until I asked
>> > her specifically why she put in the filling. After learning that I
>> > made them for myself, and I was always tempted to eat a plate full.
>> > :-)
>> >

>> I believe I could make an entire meal out of deviled eggs. L-O-V-E them.

>I sometimes have deviled eggs as the protein part of a meal, but I always
>have some crudites along with. It's scarcely a meal if it doesn't have
>vegetables.

Yes, if I have a lunch or dinner without vegetables, I feel like a
child at a birthday party.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 11 Jan 2019 08:24:28 +1100, Bruce >
wrote:

>On Thu, 10 Jan 2019 15:14:43 -0600, Hank Rogers >
>wrote:
>
>>Bruce wrote:

>>> Wait until you see a post by Greg Morrow, where he quotes an entire
>>> article with endless lines. Screen pollution.
>>>

>>It's probably yoose and Popeye's software. I don't have a problem
>>reading them. See if yoose can find a setting to wrap the lines instead
>>of having to rely on other people to compose just for yoose.

>It's Google Group's fault. It uses a non standard line length, or no
>line length at all, more likely.
>
>I can press a key to make it wrap, so it doesn't run off the screen,
>but you're still looking at lines that are the width of your entire
>screen.

Which key?

It's essentially only those two whose tying goes off the screen, most
everyone else wraps perfectly.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>>It's probably yoose and Popeye's software. I don't have a problem
>>>reading them. See if yoose can find a setting to wrap the lines instead
>>>of having to rely on other people to compose just for yoose.

>>It's Google Group's fault. It uses a non standard line length, or no
>>line length at all, more likely.
>>
>>I can press a key to make it wrap, so it doesn't run off the screen,
>>but you're still looking at lines that are the width of your entire
>>screen.

>Which key?

In Forte Agent it's the letter O key. It helps a bit when you're
reading their posts, but not when you're replying to them.

>It's essentially only those two whose tying goes off the screen, most
>everyone else wraps perfectly.

Yes, it's only the Google Groups users. Google Groups does a lot more
wrong.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>> It's Google Group's fault. It uses a non standard line length, or no
>>> line length at all, more likely.
>>>
>>> I can press a key to make it wrap, so it doesn't run off the screen,
>>> but you're still looking at lines that are the width of your entire
>>> screen.

>> Which key?

> In Forte Agent it's the letter O key. It helps a bit when you're
> reading their posts, but not when you're replying to them.
>
>> It's essentially only those two whose tying goes off the screen, most
>> everyone else wraps perfectly.

> Yes, it's only the Google Groups users.

Yoose are beginning to sound like yoose buddy Jill.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon, I don't believe I have ever lied...not even to my kids. I purposely use the "Return"
key when I post, so on my iPad, it looks almost like a short line. I can't recall anyone else
ever complaining about line length in my posts.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy2 wrote:
> Sheldon, I don't believe I have ever lied...not even to my kids. I purposely use the "Return"
> key when I post, so on my iPad, it looks almost like a short line. I can't recall anyone else
> ever complaining about line length in my posts.
>
> N.

Don't worry about it. It's impossible to know what will set Popeye off.
You might have simply used the wrong brand of lawn mower blade or water
filter. Or (god forbid), he may have found that you have an inadequate
basement.

You snipped out everything the diminutive sailor wrote, but I imagine he
called yoose a liar and faggot? That's his standard insult.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, January 10, 2019 at 1:58:56 PM UTC-10, Nancy2 wrote:
> Sheldon, I don't believe I have ever lied...not even to my kids. I purposely use the "Return"
> key when I post, so on my iPad, it looks almost like a short line. I can't recall anyone else
> ever complaining about line length in my posts.
>
> N.

I wouldn't worry about it. In the future, people who complain about you using a mobile device to post, will seem to be seriously tech-challenged, backwards, and over-the-hill. They are the children/disciples of Blinky the Shark. A true charlatan if there ever was one. He spoke and they believed. They believe to this day. They anxiously await the day when everybody sees things their way. It's kind of a sad thing to see.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 10 Jan 2019 15:58:53 -0800 (PST), Nancy2
> wrote:

>Sheldon, I don't believe I have ever lied...not even to my kids. I purposely use the "Return"
>key when I post, so on my iPad, it looks almost like a short line. I can't recall anyone else
>ever complaining about line length in my posts.
>
>N.

If you'd quote I'd know what you're talking about, as it is I haven't
a clue. I've decided it's time I stopped replying to your posts.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
dsi1 > wrote:

> I wouldn't worry about it. In the future, people who complain about you using
> a mobile device to post, will seem to be seriously tech-challenged,
> backwards, and over-the-hill. They are the children/disciples of Blinky the
> Shark. A true charlatan if there ever was one. He spoke and they believed.
> They believe to this day. They anxiously await the day when everybody sees
> things their way. It's kind of a sad thing to see.

What exactly did you have against Blinky? Did he disrespect you in a
web design group? He was a respected, erudite poster for the all too
brief time he was in RFC. He also shot fantastic food photos. But then
he should have. He was a professional Hollywood cameraman.
In what group did you bump into him? He certainly made a impression on
you.

[OBFood] Salisbury steak, Rice-A-Roni and canned green beans.

leo
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, January 10, 2019 at 9:28:44 PM UTC-6, Hank Rogers wrote:

> At least there would be no food fight. At least not with the deviled
> eggs. Maybe we could fling mashed potatoes or pork n beans.

Pork 'n Beans, they'd make a bigger, splattering mess than potatoes!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 10 Jan 2019 18:04:45 -0800, Leonard Blaisdell wrote:

> In article >,
> dsi1 > wrote:
>
>> I wouldn't worry about it. In the future, people who complain about you using
>> a mobile device to post, will seem to be seriously tech-challenged,
>> backwards, and over-the-hill. They are the children/disciples of Blinky the
>> Shark. A true charlatan if there ever was one. He spoke and they believed.
>> They believe to this day. They anxiously await the day when everybody sees
>> things their way. It's kind of a sad thing to see.

> What exactly did you have against Blinky? Did he disrespect you in a
> web design group? He was a respected, erudite poster for the all too
> brief time he was in RFC. He also shot fantastic food photos. But then
> he should have. He was a professional Hollywood cameraman.
> In what group did you bump into him? He certainly made a impression on
> you.

Blinky wasn't as well respected as you think, at least in the group
I remember him (I think it was alt.usenet.readers and servers).
Though I didn't disagree with him on his opinion of Deja-Google, but
many of the 'facts' he presented were simply wrong and he refused to
acknowledge them.

Never saw any food photos. He never posted to alt.binaries.food
that I remember.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, January 10, 2019 at 4:04:52 PM UTC-10, Leonard Blaisdell wrote:
> In article >,
> dsi1 > wrote:
>
> > I wouldn't worry about it. In the future, people who complain about you using
> > a mobile device to post, will seem to be seriously tech-challenged,
> > backwards, and over-the-hill. They are the children/disciples of Blinky the
> > Shark. A true charlatan if there ever was one. He spoke and they believed.
> > They believe to this day. They anxiously await the day when everybody sees
> > things their way. It's kind of a sad thing to see.

> What exactly did you have against Blinky? Did he disrespect you in a
> web design group? He was a respected, erudite poster for the all too
> brief time he was in RFC. He also shot fantastic food photos. But then
> he should have. He was a professional Hollywood cameraman.
> In what group did you bump into him? He certainly made a impression on
> you.
>
> [OBFood] Salisbury steak, Rice-A-Roni and canned green beans.
>
> leo

I had no contact with him that I can remember. The only thing I didn't care for was his "Killing all posts from Google Groups" bit. Lots of folks ate that up. His legacy is that people who use Google Groups get hassled for the dumbest things by people that know nothing about Google Groups. That is simply wrong. I saw none of his fantastic food photos. I would have liked to.. I like nice food photos.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, Sqwertz
> wrote

> Blinky wasn't as well respected as you think, at least in the group
> I remember him (I think it was alt.usenet.readers and servers).
> Though I didn't disagree with him on his opinion of Deja-Google, but
> many of the 'facts' he presented were simply wrong and he refused to
> acknowledge them.
>
> Never saw any food photos. He never posted to alt.binaries.food
> that I remember.

Blinky represented his opinions, coupled with enough knowledge of the
subject, to argue with conviction. I don't remember him as a Luddite,
but I could be wrong. I occasionally posted to groups in favor or
opposition to him. It would probably only have been in the Mac groups
(not likely), the web design groups (likely) and certainly here.
I distinctly remember commenting on some okra that he took a picture of
just before he died. I have never frequented ABF. I do remember him
commenting on how sick he was in some group just before he died with
what he thought was the flu. He died alone.
My memories are fragile, but I was always a year older than he was, so
I win. His posts were always interesting to me.

leo
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 10 Jan 2019 23:06:55 -0800, Leonard Blaisdell wrote:

> In article >, Sqwertz
> > wrote
>
>> Blinky wasn't as well respected as you think, at least in the group
>> I remember him (I think it was alt.usenet.readers and servers).
>> Though I didn't disagree with him on his opinion of Deja-Google, but
>> many of the 'facts' he presented were simply wrong and he refused to
>> acknowledge them.
>>
>> Never saw any food photos. He never posted to alt.binaries.food
>> that I remember.

> Blinky represented his opinions, coupled with enough knowledge of the
> subject, to argue with conviction. I don't remember him as a Luddite,
> but I could be wrong.

David (dsi1) is just representing Blinky as being a luddite in the
defective reading/posting interface (which is even worse now).
David thinks anybody who doesn't worship Google is a luddite.

It is funny, though, that he remembers being so butthurt by Blinky's
comments about the Google news interface and its users that David so
dearly worships. That was .. what... 10+ years ago? It definitely
made a lasting impression on him, as you noted.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
dsi1 > wrote:

> I had no contact with him that I can remember. The only thing I didn't care
> for was his "Killing all posts from Google Groups" bit. Lots of folks ate
> that up. His legacy is that people who use Google Groups get hassled for the
> dumbest things by people that know nothing about Google Groups. That is
> simply wrong. I saw none of his fantastic food photos. I would have liked to. I like nice food photos.

That was him? Damn, Blinky, you left a legacy!

leo
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, January 10, 2019 at 9:35:07 PM UTC-10, Leonard Blaisdell wrote:
> In article >,
> dsi1 > wrote:
>
> > I had no contact with him that I can remember. The only thing I didn't care
> > for was his "Killing all posts from Google Groups" bit. Lots of folks ate
> > that up. His legacy is that people who use Google Groups get hassled for the
> > dumbest things by people that know nothing about Google Groups. That is
> > simply wrong. I saw none of his fantastic food photos. I would have liked to. I like nice food photos.

> That was him? Damn, Blinky, you left a legacy!
>
> leo

It's the past that most of the anti-GGers have forgotten about. That's the breaks.

http://twovoyagers.com/improve-usenet.org/index.html

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/rec....A/MreC9XDF-KEJ

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Thursday, January 10, 2019 at 10:41:44 AM UTC-10, Sheldon wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Jan 2019 11:12:18 -0800 (PST), dsi1
> > wrote:

> >> I'll agree to a truce, with a couple final points: it takes a lot more
> >> water to boil eggs on top the stove, and a pot to do it with takes up
> >> more space in a cupboard than an egg cooker. Second, it takes a lot
> >> more energy to boil a pot of water than it does for a cooker to do its
> >> thing.
> >>
> >> There, I'm finished. ;-)
> >>
> >> N.

> >If you had an automatic rice cooker you could probably do the same thing.
> >Use a steamer basket and the same amount of water. It is unfortunate that
> >my daughter threw out my beautiful rice cooker else I would be steaming
> >eggs at this very moment.

> I much prefer an ordinary pot for cooking rice... and I can use the
> same pot to boil eggs, and I do... that 2 qt Farberware pot is the
> only pot that lives on my stove... that one pot is used to cook many
> other things.
>
> BTW, I can't only read a small portion of your's and nancy2's posts...
> one day yoose may fix your word wrap... how ironic that yoose are
> touting automatic cookery.

Of course you can boil eggs in an automatic rice cooker. I've done that. My
suggestion is to steam the eggs instead of boiling them. When the measured
quantity of water is gone, the cooker turns off or goes into the keep warm
mode.

The real irony is that you want me to revert back to computing of the 90's
so that you can read my posts easier. I cannot do that because Windows
computing is like the dark age for me. It's all like a very bad dream and
now I have awoken.

OTOH, I am trying to set up an old Dell notebook to run propitiatory Windows
dino-ware. The hardware on this thing is pretty much overwhelmed by Windows.
With the original OS installed, I got 4.7 GB left on the 30 GB drive. This
means that I don't have enough room on the drive to do the security and
Windows update. Jeepers! I can't believe they sold computers like this. The
good news is that this computer might be teal in color. Very hip!

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...5_GjMCExFGEC7z

===

We have an old one of those but it is black)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon, why are you complaining again about my not quoting? It has been explained
several times why that isn't possible with an original iPad, like I use most of the time,
and I always try to refer to the person to whom I am replying....there is no reason to
complain about my most recent post, which I addressed to you! What kind of reading
comprehension skills do you have? None? So sorry. Not.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy2 wrote:

> Sheldon, why are you complaining again about my not quoting? It has been explained
> several times why that isn't possible with an original iPad, like I use most of the time,
> and I always try to refer to the person to whom I am replying....there is no reason to
> complain about my most recent post, which I addressed to you! What kind of reading
> comprehension skills do you have? None? So sorry. Not.

Several ppl have complained about line length and/or lack of
quoting from a few. No big deal if they used a real newsreader or
learned how to use it. Even my old version of Netscape fixes
that.

I can set word wrap for both outgoing and incoming messages
Using "normal" headers, I also see references to previous posts
in the thread. Just click back a message or two. So simple. When
you don't quote, I can read what you are responding to with on
simple click.

Here's my "normal view" headers for your message:
Subject: egg cooker question
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2019 05:57:57 -0800 (PST)
From: Nancy2 >
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking

Those reference numbers are active links,
I can click on any one of those to read a
what you were responding to. Easy enough to do.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:

> The good news is that this computer might be teal in color. Very hip!
>
> https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...5_GjMCExFGEC7z

No. Both computer above and your cooking pot are blue.
They both need some yellow coloring added.
Teal has a very distinct green cast to it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

" wrote:

> On Thursday, January 10, 2019 at 9:28:44 PM UTC-6, Hank Rogers wrote:
> >
> > At least there would be no food fight. At least not with the deviled
> > eggs. Maybe we could fling mashed potatoes or pork n beans.
> >

> Pork 'n Beans, they'd make a bigger, splattering mess than potatoes!

Once on a Boy Scout camping trip, I tossed an unopened can
of Pork 'n Beans into the campfire. This was just a fun to do
thing for us young boys. We all knew it would explode once
it got hot enough. So we all hid behind nearby trees to stay
out of the way.

Within a few minutes, that bean-bomb detonated with a fairly
loud bang. The two ends of the can were never found. The round
body of the can was straightened pretty much. All trees and
tents within about 40 feet were covered with pork'n beans.

It was pretty cool. ;-D

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:

> Still speaking of HB eggs.... Does anyone remember the hard boiled
> eggs with Russian (or French) dressing from the 50's - the mid 70's?
> They appeared on menus at Woolworth's all the way up top semi-fine
> dining.
>
> That was my brunch today.
> https://i.postimg.cc/CKL9jXRt/Hard-B...n-Dressing.jpg

That looks and sounds tasty. I googled a recipe for russian
dressing and see that it's an enhanced mix of mayo and ketchup
which I love. I'll have to try that soon. Only thing I don't
currently have is Frank's Hot Sauce but I normally keep some
handy.
----------------------------------
Epicurious recipe:

1. 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion.
2. 1 cup purchased or homemade mayonnaise.
3. 1/4 cup ketchup-style chili sauce or ketchup.
4. 4 teaspoons bottled horseradish, or to taste.
5. 1 teaspoon hot sauce, preferably Frank's Red Hot Sauce.
6. 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce.
-----------------------------------

> I peeled 8 eggs in 37 seconds using the boil method. No gadgets
> required.

Nope. No you didn't....not unless you changed into your superhero
costume beforehand.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-01-11 10:27 a.m., Gary wrote:
> " wrote:

>> Pork 'n Beans, they'd make a bigger, splattering mess than potatoes!

> Once on a Boy Scout camping trip, I tossed an unopened can
> of Pork 'n Beans into the campfire. This was just a fun to do
> thing for us young boys. We all knew it would explode once
> it got hot enough. So we all hid behind nearby trees to stay
> out of the way.
>
> Within a few minutes, that bean-bomb detonated with a fairly
> loud bang. The two ends of the can were never found. The round
> body of the can was straightened pretty much. All trees and
> tents within about 40 feet were covered with pork'n beans.
>
> It was pretty cool. ;-D

When I was the reserves we did that with the canned Jambalaya that came
in the combat rations we had on bivouac.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, January 11, 2019 at 5:26:29 AM UTC-10, Gary wrote:
> Nancy2 wrote:
> >
> > Sheldon, why are you complaining again about my not quoting? It has been explained
> > several times why that isn't possible with an original iPad, like I use most of the time,
> > and I always try to refer to the person to whom I am replying....there is no reason to
> > complain about my most recent post, which I addressed to you! What kind of reading
> > comprehension skills do you have? None? So sorry. Not.

> Several ppl have complained about line length and/or lack of
> quoting from a few. No big deal if they used a real newsreader or
> learned how to use it. Even my old version of Netscape fixes
> that.
>
> I can set word wrap for both outgoing and incoming messages
> Using "normal" headers, I also see references to previous posts
> in the thread. Just click back a message or two. So simple. When
> you don't quote, I can read what you are responding to with on
> simple click.
>
> Here's my "normal view" headers for your message:
> Subject: egg cooker question
> Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2019 05:57:57 -0800 (PST)
> From: Nancy2 >
> Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
>
> Those reference numbers are active links,
> I can click on any one of those to read a
> what you were responding to. Easy enough to do.

Using Netscape Navigator and/or a Windows desktop client program/computer is not practical at this time. In the future, Microsoft Windows will once again become the preeminent OS and people will once again use desktop systems.. Netscape Navigator will rise from the ashes. Cloud computing, web apps, mobile computing, and multiple platform computing will be seen as just some crazy fads.

This will be when you guys will make your move. Well, not literally you guys because this will happen in around 10,000 years and we'll all be dead.

The good news is that people have and always will be resistant to change and will always ridicule people with new ideas and ways. That is the natural order of things. It is built into our DNA and just one of the peculiarities of being human. As we all know, ya can't fight nature.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, January 11, 2019 at 5:26:44 AM UTC-10, Gary wrote:
> dsi1 wrote:
> >
> > The good news is that this computer might be teal in color. Very hip!
> >
> > https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...5_GjMCExFGEC7z

> No. Both computer above and your cooking pot are blue.
> They both need some yellow coloring added.
> Teal has a very distinct green cast to it.

Well thank you for that. I don't know nothing about color. If you want to know something about color, you ask a painter. If you want to know what the weather is going to be like, you ask a surfer.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, January 10, 2019 at 11:41:01 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Thursday, January 10, 2019 at 10:41:44 AM UTC-10, Sheldon wrote:
> > On Thu, 10 Jan 2019 11:12:18 -0800 (PST), dsi1
> > > wrote:

> > >If you had an automatic rice cooker you could probably do the same thing.
> > >Use a steamer basket and the same amount of water. It is unfortunate that
> > >my daughter threw out my beautiful rice cooker else I would be steaming
> > >eggs at this very moment.

> > I much prefer an ordinary pot for cooking rice... and I can use the
> > same pot to boil eggs, and I do... that 2 qt Farberware pot is the
> > only pot that lives on my stove... that one pot is used to cook many
> > other things.
> >
> > BTW, I can't only read a small portion of your's and nancy2's posts...
> > one day yoose may fix your word wrap... how ironic that yoose are
> > touting automatic cookery.

> Of course you can boil eggs in an automatic rice cooker. I've done that. My
> suggestion is to steam the eggs instead of boiling them. When the measured
> quantity of water is gone, the cooker turns off or goes into the keep warm
> mode.
>
> The real irony is that you want me to revert back to computing of the 90's
> so that you can read my posts easier. I cannot do that because Windows
> computing is like the dark age for me. It's all like a very bad dream and
> now I have awoken.
>
> OTOH, I am trying to set up an old Dell notebook to run propitiatory Windows
> dino-ware. The hardware on this thing is pretty much overwhelmed by Windows.
> With the original OS installed, I got 4.7 GB left on the 30 GB drive. This
> means that I don't have enough room on the drive to do the security and
> Windows update. Jeepers! I can't believe they sold computers like this. The
> good news is that this computer might be teal in color. Very hip!
>
> https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...5_GjMCExFGEC7z
>
> ===
>
> We have an old one of those but it is black)

Well that's not very hip!

Just kidding. That color, now confirmed to be blue, just screams "Hey, lookie here! I got a really old, cheap, and slow, computer!"