Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default egg cooker question

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Thursday, January 10, 2019 at 11:41:01 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Thursday, January 10, 2019 at 10:41:44 AM UTC-10, Sheldon wrote:
> > On Thu, 10 Jan 2019 11:12:18 -0800 (PST), dsi1
> > > wrote:

> > >If you had an automatic rice cooker you could probably do the same
> > >thing.
> > >Use a steamer basket and the same amount of water. It is unfortunate
> > >that
> > >my daughter threw out my beautiful rice cooker else I would be steaming
> > >eggs at this very moment.

> > I much prefer an ordinary pot for cooking rice... and I can use the
> > same pot to boil eggs, and I do... that 2 qt Farberware pot is the
> > only pot that lives on my stove... that one pot is used to cook many
> > other things.
> >
> > BTW, I can't only read a small portion of your's and nancy2's posts...
> > one day yoose may fix your word wrap... how ironic that yoose are
> > touting automatic cookery.

> Of course you can boil eggs in an automatic rice cooker. I've done that.
> My
> suggestion is to steam the eggs instead of boiling them. When the measured
> quantity of water is gone, the cooker turns off or goes into the keep warm
> mode.
>
> The real irony is that you want me to revert back to computing of the 90's
> so that you can read my posts easier. I cannot do that because Windows
> computing is like the dark age for me. It's all like a very bad dream and
> now I have awoken.
>
> OTOH, I am trying to set up an old Dell notebook to run propitiatory
> Windows
> dino-ware. The hardware on this thing is pretty much overwhelmed by
> Windows.
> With the original OS installed, I got 4.7 GB left on the 30 GB drive. This
> means that I don't have enough room on the drive to do the security and
> Windows update. Jeepers! I can't believe they sold computers like this.
> The
> good news is that this computer might be teal in color. Very hip!
>
> https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...5_GjMCExFGEC7z
>
> ===
>
> We have an old one of those but it is black)

Well that's not very hip!

Just kidding. That color, now confirmed to be blue, just screams "Hey,
lookie here! I got a really old, cheap, and slow, computer!"

--

;p

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, January 11, 2019 at 12:00:58 PM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:
> On Friday, January 11, 2019 at 5:26:29 AM UTC-10, Gary wrote:
> > Nancy2 wrote:
> > >
> > > Sheldon, why are you complaining again about my not quoting? It has been explained
> > > several times why that isn't possible with an original iPad, like I use most of the time,
> > > and I always try to refer to the person to whom I am replying....there is no reason to
> > > complain about my most recent post, which I addressed to you! What kind of reading
> > > comprehension skills do you have? None? So sorry. Not.

> > Several ppl have complained about line length and/or lack of
> > quoting from a few. No big deal if they used a real newsreader or
> > learned how to use it. Even my old version of Netscape fixes
> > that.
> >
> > I can set word wrap for both outgoing and incoming messages
> > Using "normal" headers, I also see references to previous posts
> > in the thread. Just click back a message or two. So simple. When
> > you don't quote, I can read what you are responding to with on
> > simple click.
> >
> > Here's my "normal view" headers for your message:
> > Subject: egg cooker question
> > Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2019 05:57:57 -0800 (PST)
> > From: Nancy2 >
> > Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
> >
> > Those reference numbers are active links,
> > I can click on any one of those to read a
> > what you were responding to. Easy enough to do.

> Using Netscape Navigator and/or a Windows desktop client program/computer is not practical at this time. In the future, Microsoft Windows will once again become the preeminent OS and people will once again use desktop systems. Netscape Navigator will rise from the ashes. Cloud computing, web apps, mobile computing, and multiple platform computing will be seen as just some crazy fads.
>
> This will be when you guys will make your move. Well, not literally you guys because this will happen in around 10,000 years and we'll all be dead.
>
> The good news is that people have and always will be resistant to change and will always ridicule people with new ideas and ways. That is the natural order of things. It is built into our DNA and just one of the peculiarities of being human. As we all know, ya can't fight nature.

I can type 90 words per minute on a real keyboard. On a tablet, about 1
character per second. On a cell phone, about 1 character per 5 seconds,
given how much correction I have to do when my fingers press the wrong
teeny, tiny "key".

Which do you think I'd rather use, and why? It's not about being resistant
to change.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, January 11, 2019 at 9:00:49 AM UTC-10, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> I can type 90 words per minute on a real keyboard. On a tablet, about 1
> character per second. On a cell phone, about 1 character per 5 seconds,
> given how much correction I have to do when my fingers press the wrong
> teeny, tiny "key".
>
> Which do you think I'd rather use, and why? It's not about being resistant
> to change.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

Don't be so prideful. My sister-in-law was probably the fastest keypunch operator on the West coast - maybe in the country.

Why would you think that I would care how anybody posts here? Feel free to do as you like.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, January 11, 2019 at 2:32:23 PM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:
> On Friday, January 11, 2019 at 9:00:49 AM UTC-10, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> >
> > I can type 90 words per minute on a real keyboard. On a tablet, about 1
> > character per second. On a cell phone, about 1 character per 5 seconds,
> > given how much correction I have to do when my fingers press the wrong
> > teeny, tiny "key".
> >
> > Which do you think I'd rather use, and why? It's not about being resistant
> > to change.
> >
> > Cindy Hamilton

> Don't be so prideful. My sister-in-law was probably the fastest keypunch operator on the West coast - maybe in the country.
>
> Why would you think that I would care how anybody posts here? Feel free to do as you like.

Your sarcastic post (which you conveniently snipped) suggests that you have
some attitude about browsers, dedicated newsreaders, PCs, and tablets.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, January 11, 2019 at 10:14:35 AM UTC-10, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Friday, January 11, 2019 at 2:32:23 PM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:
> > On Friday, January 11, 2019 at 9:00:49 AM UTC-10, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> > >
> > > I can type 90 words per minute on a real keyboard. On a tablet, about 1
> > > character per second. On a cell phone, about 1 character per 5 seconds,
> > > given how much correction I have to do when my fingers press the wrong
> > > teeny, tiny "key".
> > >
> > > Which do you think I'd rather use, and why? It's not about being resistant
> > > to change.
> > >
> > > Cindy Hamilton

> > Don't be so prideful. My sister-in-law was probably the fastest keypunch operator on the West coast - maybe in the country.
> >
> > Why would you think that I would care how anybody posts here? Feel free to do as you like.

> Your sarcastic post (which you conveniently snipped) suggests that you have
> some attitude about browsers, dedicated newsreaders, PCs, and tablets.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

I don't get into other people's business. If they try to lay their Blinkysattva trip on me, the sarcasm shall flow as the waters of Akaka Falls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtuAutz98lo
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Friday, January 11, 2019 at 5:26:29 AM UTC-10, Gary wrote:
> Nancy2 wrote:
> >
> > Sheldon, why are you complaining again about my not quoting? It has
> > been explained
> > several times why that isn't possible with an original iPad, like I use
> > most of the time,
> > and I always try to refer to the person to whom I am replying....there
> > is no reason to
> > complain about my most recent post, which I addressed to you! What kind
> > of reading
> > comprehension skills do you have? None? So sorry. Not.

> Several ppl have complained about line length and/or lack of
> quoting from a few. No big deal if they used a real newsreader or
> learned how to use it. Even my old version of Netscape fixes
> that.
>
> I can set word wrap for both outgoing and incoming messages
> Using "normal" headers, I also see references to previous posts
> in the thread. Just click back a message or two. So simple. When
> you don't quote, I can read what you are responding to with on
> simple click.
>
> Here's my "normal view" headers for your message:
> Subject: egg cooker question
> Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2019 05:57:57 -0800 (PST)
> From: Nancy2 >
> Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
>
> Those reference numbers are active links,
> I can click on any one of those to read a
> what you were responding to. Easy enough to do.

Using Netscape Navigator and/or a Windows desktop client program/computer is
not practical at this time. In the future, Microsoft Windows will once again
become the preeminent OS and people will once again use desktop systems.
Netscape Navigator will rise from the ashes. Cloud computing, web apps,
mobile computing, and multiple platform computing will be seen as just some
crazy fads.

This will be when you guys will make your move. Well, not literally you guys
because this will happen in around 10,000 years and we'll all be dead.

The good news is that people have and always will be resistant to change and
will always ridicule people with new ideas and ways. That is the natural
order of things. It is built into our DNA and just one of the peculiarities
of being human. As we all know, ya can't fight nature.

==

Cor! I see you looking into your crystal ball wearing a gold pointy hat and
cloak!!

I am impressed ;p

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, January 11, 2019 at 10:28:07 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

> Cor! I see you looking into your crystal ball wearing a gold pointy hat and
> cloak!!
>
> I am impressed ;p

How did you know I had a pointy hat made of gold?

OTOH, you're a 100% wrong about the cloak and the only thing I gaze into is a shiny polished coconut. I don't see the future or anything in it but mostly, it calms me down.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 10 Jan 2019 16:48:23 -0800 (PST), dsi1
> wrote:

>On Thursday, January 10, 2019 at 1:58:56 PM UTC-10, Nancy2 wrote:
>> Sheldon, I don't believe I have ever lied...not even to my kids. I purposely use the "Return"
>> key when I post, so on my iPad, it looks almost like a short line. I can't recall anyone else
>> ever complaining about line length in my posts.
>>
>> N.

>I wouldn't worry about it. In the future, people who complain about you using a mobile device to post, will seem to be seriously tech-challenged, backwards, and over-the-hill. They are the children/disciples of Blinky the Shark. A true charlatan if there ever was one. He spoke and they believed. They believe to this day. They anxiously await the day when everybody sees things their way. It's kind of a sad thing to see.

There's nothing wrong with using a mobile device for Usenet. And to
have Usenet web-based can be handy too if you use multiple devices. If
you see that as the way of the future (if Usenet has a future), you
may be right, who knows. The only thing that sucks is the half-baked
Google Groups product.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Friday, January 11, 2019 at 10:28:07 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

> Cor! I see you looking into your crystal ball wearing a gold pointy hat
> and
> cloak!!
>
> I am impressed ;p

How did you know I had a pointy hat made of gold?

OTOH, you're a 100% wrong about the cloak and the only thing I gaze into is
a shiny polished coconut. I don't see the future or anything in it but
mostly, it calms me down.

===

Did you not know I was psychic?? Mind you, the odd G&T can throw it off
just a little ...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default All this talk of eggs. - Was: egg cooker question

On 1/9/2019 3:50 PM, jay wrote:
> On 1/9/19 9:30 AM, jmcquown wrote:
>> The other night I cooked three eggs, no more than medium boiled (one
>> was still slighly runny) for dinner.Â* Spooned the eggs from the shells
>> into a coffee mug, with butter and S&P added.Â* Mom called it
>> egg-a-cup.Â* It's something she made for my breakfast when I was a very
>> little girl.Â* I still enjoy it.Â* I toasted a slice of bakery sourdough
>> bread, lightly buttered.Â* It hit the spot.

> Eggs done as you describe are perhaps my most favorite way to prepare
> them. I don't do it all that often since it requires more effort than
> over easy.

There's no real effort required. You have to watch over easy. And turn
them.

For soft boiled eggs just set the timer once the water starts to boil
about 4 minutes for large eggs. I like them fairly soft. Immediately
take them off the stove and rinse in the pan with cold water. Crack the
shells and spoon the eggs with into the mug along with thin pats of
butter and S&P. Mix it up with a spoon and eat. With a slice of
buttered toast.

> Hard boiled eggs are not something we do often unless using
> up some eggs. They do travel well on road trips in a ziplock with salt
> and pepper added to the bag.
>
> jay

I suppose they do travel well. On road trips or picnics.

For me Egg A Cup evokes a childhood memory. Something I still eat.
It's comfort food, not a culinary adventure.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, January 11, 2019 at 9:28:42 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Friday, January 11, 2019 at 10:28:07 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> >
> > Cor! I see you looking into your crystal ball wearing a gold pointy hat
> > and
> > cloak!!
> >
> > I am impressed ;p

> How did you know I had a pointy hat made of gold?
>
> OTOH, you're a 100% wrong about the cloak and the only thing I gaze into is
> a shiny polished coconut. I don't see the future or anything in it but
> mostly, it calms me down.
>
> ===
>
> Did you not know I was psychic?? Mind you, the odd G&T can throw it off
> just a little ...

It is good to be psychic. Not being psychic is okay, I guess. Being blind is bad. It's a very bad thing. Bad.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Friday, January 11, 2019 at 9:28:42 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Friday, January 11, 2019 at 10:28:07 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> >
> > Cor! I see you looking into your crystal ball wearing a gold pointy hat
> > and
> > cloak!!
> >
> > I am impressed ;p

> How did you know I had a pointy hat made of gold?
>
> OTOH, you're a 100% wrong about the cloak and the only thing I gaze into
> is
> a shiny polished coconut. I don't see the future or anything in it but
> mostly, it calms me down.
>
> ===
>
> Did you not know I was psychic?? Mind you, the odd G&T can throw it off
> just a little ...

It is good to be psychic. Not being psychic is okay, I guess. Being blind is
bad. It's a very bad thing. Bad.

==

Nodnodnod