Old 12-01-2019, 08:11 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default egg cooker question

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Friday, January 11, 2019 at 10:28:07 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

Cor! I see you looking into your crystal ball wearing a gold pointy hat
and
cloak!!

I am impressed ;p

How did you know I had a pointy hat made of gold?

OTOH, you're a 100% wrong about the cloak and the only thing I gaze into is
a shiny polished coconut. I don't see the future or anything in it but
mostly, it calms me down.

===

Did you not know I was psychic?? Mind you, the odd G&T can throw it off
just a little ...

Old 12-01-2019, 04:38 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 00:48 11 Jan 2019, dsi1 wrote in
:

On Thursday, January 10, 2019 at 1:58:56 PM UTC-10, Nancy2 wrote:
Sheldon, I don't believe I have ever lied...not even to my kids. I
purpo

sely use the "Return"
key when I post, so on my iPad, it looks almost like a short line. I
can

't recall anyone else
ever complaining about line length in my posts.

N.

I wouldn't worry about it. In the future, people who complain about you
using a mobile device to post, will seem to be seriously
tech-challenged, backwards, and over-the-hill. They are the
children/disciples of Blinky the Shark. A true charlatan if there ever
was one. He spoke and they believed. They believe to this day. They
anxiously await the day when everybody sees things their way. It's kind
of a sad thing to see.

Blinky seemed like a very sincere person to me. Can't see why you would
call him a charlatan.
Old 12-01-2019, 07:34 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default All this talk of eggs. - Was: egg cooker question

On 1/9/2019 3:50 PM, jay wrote:
On 1/9/19 9:30 AM, jmcquown wrote:
The other night I cooked three eggs, no more than medium boiled (one
was still slighly runny) for dinner.* Spooned the eggs from the shells
into a coffee mug, with butter and S&P added.* Mom called it
egg-a-cup.* It's something she made for my breakfast when I was a very
little girl.* I still enjoy it.* I toasted a slice of bakery sourdough
bread, lightly buttered.* It hit the spot.

Eggs done as you describe are perhaps my most favorite way to prepare
them. I don't do it all that often since it requires more effort than
over easy.

There's no real effort required. You have to watch over easy. And turn
them.

For soft boiled eggs just set the timer once the water starts to boil
about 4 minutes for large eggs. I like them fairly soft. Immediately
take them off the stove and rinse in the pan with cold water. Crack the
shells and spoon the eggs with into the mug along with thin pats of
butter and S&P. Mix it up with a spoon and eat. With a slice of
buttered toast.

Hard boiled eggs are not something we do often unless using
up some eggs. They do travel well on road trips in a ziplock with salt
and pepper added to the bag.

jay

I suppose they do travel well. On road trips or picnics.

For me Egg A Cup evokes a childhood memory. Something I still eat.
It's comfort food, not a culinary adventure.

Jill
Old 12-01-2019, 07:51 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, January 11, 2019 at 9:28:42 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
"dsi1" wrote in message

On Friday, January 11, 2019 at 10:28:07 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

Cor! I see you looking into your crystal ball wearing a gold pointy hat
and
cloak!!

I am impressed ;p

How did you know I had a pointy hat made of gold?

OTOH, you're a 100% wrong about the cloak and the only thing I gaze into is
a shiny polished coconut. I don't see the future or anything in it but
mostly, it calms me down.

===

Did you not know I was psychic?? Mind you, the odd G&T can throw it off
just a little ...

It is good to be psychic. Not being psychic is okay, I guess. Being blind is bad. It's a very bad thing. Bad.