Old 30-12-2018, 02:17 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Does CBD Really Do Anything?

On Sunday, December 30, 2018 at 8:19:19 AM UTC-5, Ophelia wrote:
"Cindy Hamilton" wrote in message

One thing it does appear to do is interfere with metabolism of various
drugs, including antidepressants, resulting in higher-than-expected levels
of those drugs in the blood stream.

I take quite a lot of drugs for Asthma. Any idea if that would be a
problem?

Probably not. My husband also has asthma, and he's just applied for
his medical marijuana card. His doctor knows what he takes for
asthma and saw no contraindications. Here's a rather wonky slide show
on drug interactions:

https://doh.dc.gov/sites/default/files/dc/sites/doh/publication/attachments/Medical%20Cannabis%20Adverse%20Effects%20and%20Dru g%20Interactions_0.pdf

It starts getting good at about Slide 11.

I've been researching medical marijuana. In the U.S., CBD oil is in
kind of a regulatory grey area, and a lot of its potency depends on
the manufacturer. You can get various levels of alleged potency; with or
without THC (which is the stuff that gets you high).

Cindy Hamilton

I had heard it helps with sleep. Did that come up in your
research? I sleep very badly and wondered if that would be of use.

Yes, it did come up in my research, and it can help some people with
insomnia.

Cindy Hamilton

Old 30-12-2018, 02:53 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, December 30, 2018 at 8:17:55 AM UTC-6, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
[...]

Very good Cindy. Yes, humans and other mammals I believe have this subtle internal metabolic regulatory system that's not even in the medical textbooks yet! The ENDOcannabinoid System! Anatomists years ago named certain neuroreceptor sites as "cannbinoid receptors" but it was not until the 1990's that scientists reasoned that normally nothing evolves an innate system to interact ONLY with an external plant! There is normally some endogenous system an external plant happens to also trigger!

And now we KNOW what those endogenous systems are!

John Kuthe, RN, BSN, Cannabis Nurse GONNABE!

Old 30-12-2018, 04:25 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Cindy Hamilton wrote:

Yes, it did come up in my research, and it can help some people with
insomnia.

It does seem like many are trying hard to attribute marijuana
stuff to be the magical elixor to fix all known problems. For
insomnia, an ounce or two of alcohol an hour before bed works.
Eating a somewhat decent amount of food before bedtime will also
take you out. Might not be the healthy thing to do but it works.

This Christmas time I had a very bad nerve problem. I did 4 days
and 3 nights without any sleep. Constant pain. That was not so
fun but I survived it.
Old 30-12-2018, 06:09 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, December 30, 2018 at 11:25:57 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:
Cindy Hamilton wrote:

Yes, it did come up in my research, and it can help some people with
insomnia.

It does seem like many are trying hard to attribute marijuana
stuff to be the magical elixor to fix all known problems. For
insomnia, an ounce or two of alcohol an hour before bed works.

For some people, it causes them to wake up again in the middle
of the night and be unable to fall back asleep.

Eating a somewhat decent amount of food before bedtime will also
take you out. Might not be the healthy thing to do but it works.

People with acid reflux are told to let several hours elapse between
dinner and bedtime.

This Christmas time I had a very bad nerve problem. I did 4 days
and 3 nights without any sleep. Constant pain. That was not so
fun but I survived it.

Imagine if you had that kind of pain for years.

That's why my husband takes four different pain medications on
a daily basis, including two different opioids.

Cindy Hamilton

Old 30-12-2018, 06:12 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Thanks, Greg. I've recently been put on gabapentin, which does help my chronic insomnia, but doesn't do much for pain. Even though I grew up in the 60s, I've never done drugs or even smoked pot, but I intend to before I leave this earth. NH hasn't legalized recreational pot yet, but we do have a medicinal pot store down the street.
Beside other painful conditions, I have costochondritis, which is an inflamed rib cage. Rheumatologist says no painkiller will touch it, so far he's right. Standing for more than ten minutes kills me. Chopping veggies or washing dishes is getting almost impossible. It feels like pleurisy, but isn't. Oh well, we all have our health issues.

I'll be making Canadian pork pies and gorton tomorrow, so I'll do the chopping today and the assembly and cooking tomorrow. I don't intend to give up my favorite foods because of this stupid condition.

Denise in NH
Old 30-12-2018, 07:17 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Cindy Hamilton wrote:

[...]

=

I have one type of opioid, but just the one, 4 times a day, so I do
empathise.

Old 30-12-2018, 08:03 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, December 29, 2018 at 6:12:12 PM UTC-6, GM wrote:

My first nursing job was in a nursing home, and one resident's MD prescribed for her "One beer, chart consumption" on her med list! And OH BOY did she love that evening beer and yes she always tried to get another!

John Kuthe, RN, BSN, Cannabis Nurse GONNABE!
Old 30-12-2018, 08:18 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 29 Dec 2018 19:39:57 -0800 (PST), GM

I've used both sub-lingual and topical CBD, waste of money. Did not work at all for me. I have severe pain from autoimmune conditions and costocondritis.

Denise in NH

I *hate* that you are in pain, Denise...what - if anything - somewhat works to alleviate it...???

Two Advil & a tall Vodka w/Sprite... works well for my back pain...
also stuffing two so-so pillows into one pillow case works better than
a 'my pillow'.
Old 30-12-2018, 08:27 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 30 Dec 2018 06:17:52 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
wrote:

On Sunday, December 30, 2018 at 8:19:19 AM UTC-5, Ophelia wrote:
"Cindy Hamilton" wrote in message

One thing it does appear to do is interfere with metabolism of various
drugs, including antidepressants, resulting in higher-than-expected levels
of those drugs in the blood stream.

I take quite a lot of drugs for Asthma. Any idea if that would be a
problem?

Probably not. My husband also has asthma, and he's just applied for
his medical marijuana card. His doctor knows what he takes for
asthma and saw no contraindications. Here's a rather wonky slide show
on drug interactions:

It's not very wise to get high with a respiratory issue... what
happens when someone has an exascerbation and they're too zonked to
get to and use a rescue inhaler???

Old 30-12-2018, 10:15 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

On Sunday, December 30, 2018 at 8:19:19 AM UTC-5, Ophelia wrote:
"Cindy Hamilton" wrote in message

One thing it does appear to do is interfere with metabolism of various
drugs, including antidepressants, resulting in higher-than-expected levels
of those drugs in the blood stream.

I take quite a lot of drugs for Asthma. Any idea if that would be a
problem?

Probably not. My husband also has asthma, and he's just applied for
his medical marijuana card. His doctor knows what he takes for
asthma and saw no contraindications. Here's a rather wonky slide show
on drug interactions:

It's not very wise to get high with a respiratory issue... what
happens when someone has an exascerbation and they're too zonked to
get to and use a rescue inhaler???

He's never that zonked. I can't remember the last time he needed
a rescue inhaler. 5 years? 10 years? Maybe more recently while
traveling on business, but I wasn't there to see it.

Cindy Hamilton
Old 30-12-2018, 10:24 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

[...]

If he never needed a rescue inhaler in ten years then he doesn't have
asthma... he's got you snookered... which isn't hard to do considering
your history... none of your stories are believeable... and to date
you've not once posted pictures of anything you've claimed to have
cooked.
Old 30-12-2018, 10:51 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

[...]

Thank yoose, Dr. Popeye! I bet yoose prescribe crystal palace and a blow
job to all yoose *** patients. LOL