Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Baccalà

Bruce wrote:

> > " Suicide rate per 100,000 people per year:
> > Sweden 11.7
> > United States 28"

> Just because I said it, doesn't mean Dave said it. The opposite is
> also true: what Dave says, I don't say.
>
> Why do I have to explain this?

You really don't. Ongoing arguments are very popular here. I find
it amazing though just how many posts (and hundreds of quoted
lines) that your 3 lines above have generated. I found all the
follow-ups amusing. lol
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default BaccalÃ*

On 2019-01-03 7:11 p.m., Pamela wrote:
> On 23:38 3 Jan 2019, Bruce > wrote in
> :

>> Of course I don't deny that. I have already said 2 times that I made a
>> mistake. Just like you made a mistake by quoting me and attributing
>> the text to Dave. Now the question is: will YOU admit YOUR mistake?

> The mistake I made is of no significance because addressing the
> ventriloquist by speaking to the dummy, still gets a reply from the
> ventriloquist.

Wow. What an incredible asshole you just proved yourself to be. You
called me incompetent, said I could not read, along with a few other
person insults. You attacked Bruce for posting false information even
after he admitted that he had made a mistake. You demanded that I admit
that I was wrong. Now you are refusing to admit your own mistake with
another bullshit insult about confusing a ventriloquist and his dummy.
In other words, you ****ed up again and don't have to admit anything
because your feeble brain fooled you into thinking he and I were the
same person. Holy shit you are dim. I was not even saying the same thing
he was. I merely pointed out the nature of the error he had apparently
made and that the figure 28 was indeed associated with the US on one of
the lists.

I gave you all the information you need to do check on to see where
the error was, but you kept insisting that I was saying something
completely different. What a ****ing prize you are.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 04 Jan 2019 10:50:23 -0500, Gary > wrote:

>Bruce wrote:
>>
>> > " Suicide rate per 100,000 people per year:
>> > Sweden 11.7
>> > United States 28"

>> Just because I said it, doesn't mean Dave said it. The opposite is
>> also true: what Dave says, I don't say.
>>
>> Why do I have to explain this?

>You really don't. Ongoing arguments are very popular here. I find
>it amazing though just how many posts (and hundreds of quoted
>lines) that your 3 lines above have generated. I found all the
>follow-ups amusing. lol

Apart from Janet jumping on the bandwagon and falling off again, it's
all mainly a matter of troll "Pamela" having some "fun"
Posted to rec.food.cooking

:

>> On Fri, 04 Jan 2019 00:11:51 GMT, Pamela >
>> wrote:
>>
>>>On 23:38 3 Jan 2019, Bruce > wrote in
:

>>>The mistake I made is of no significance because addressing the
>>>ventriloquist by speaking to the dummy, still gets a reply from the
>>>ventriloquist.

>> Dave and I get along so well that he has me killfiled so you're barking
>> up the wrong tree.

>I'm still working out the relationships here but they seem rather
>complex.

Half the newsgroup has the other half killfiled. Lots of people here
take themselves so seriously that they have to shield themselves from
people who don't agree with them. Pompous and disfunctional.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

:

>> On 2019-01-03 5:18 p.m., Pamela wrote:
>>> On 19:13 3 Jan 2019, Dave Smith > wrote in

>>> I said the suicide rate per 100,000 for the US is not 28, which is
>>> what you were falsely claiming.

>> You have once again demonstrated that you need to learn to read. I have
>> said several times that the the US ranked 28th.
>>

>>> The fact is you were so inccmpetent that you misread the Wikipedia
>>> article and picked the ranking for the rate. What a dunce!
>>>

>> Cut and pasted from the list further down that page with the ranking of
>> countries' cuidide rates from 1985-2017.:
>>

>> 28 United States[45] (more info) 21.8 6.0 13.9
>> (0.0126%) 2016

>Good way to show the origin of Bruce significant error.
>
>What I don't understand is how knowing that make the significance of the
>error any less. It doesn't.
>
>It's a bad error and knowing the origin doesn't lessen the error.

How long are you going to go on about this? The error has been pointed
out (a 100 times) and admitted (at least 3 times). It's also fairly
irrelevant. The original statement was that the Swedes have a high
suicide rate, but the American rate's higher.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

:

>> On Fri, 04 Jan 2019 18:29:47 GMT, Pamela >
>> wrote:
>>
>>>On 00:20 4 Jan 2019, Bruce > wrote in
:

>>>I'm still working out the relationships here but they seem rather
>>>complex.

>> Half the newsgroup has the other half killfiled. Lots of people here
>> take themselves so seriously that they have to shield themselves from
>> people who don't agree with them. Pompous and disfunctional.

>And the rest are so well balanced they have a chip on both shoulders?

The rest -not many- are reasonable, open-minded people like me.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

:

>>> Just because I said it, doesn't mean Dave said it. The opposite is
>>> also true: what Dave says, I don't say.
>>>
>>> Why do I have to explain this?

>> You really don't. Ongoing arguments are very popular here. I find
>> it amazing though just how many posts (and hundreds of quoted
>> lines) that your 3 lines above have generated. I found all the
>> follow-ups amusing. lol

>The truly strange part is the sustained denials. By posting endless
>smokescreens, it seems Dave and Bruce want to hide the error.
>
>Far better to have declared at the beginning, "Oops, it's a silly mistake"
>instead of all the twisting of "Two tables in the article", "Ranking
>position", "Same relative position", etc.

I'm going to leave this fascinating topic with you. Happy trolling
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-01-04 1:29 p.m., Pamela wrote:
> On 00:20 4 Jan 2019, Bruce > wrote in

>>> The mistake I made is of no significance because addressing the
>>> ventriloquist by speaking to the dummy, still gets a reply from the
>>> ventriloquist.

>> Dave and I get along so well that he has me killfiled so you're barking
>> up the wrong tree.

> I'm still working out the relationships here but they seem rather
> complex.

That is likely going to be difficult for you because you obviously don't
read very well.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-01-04 1:42 p.m., Pamela wrote:
> On 15:50 4 Jan 2019, Gary > wrote in
> :

>>> Just because I said it, doesn't mean Dave said it. The opposite is
>>> also true: what Dave says, I don't say.
>>>
>>> Why do I have to explain this?

>> You really don't. Ongoing arguments are very popular here. I find
>> it amazing though just how many posts (and hundreds of quoted
>> lines) that your 3 lines above have generated. I found all the
>> follow-ups amusing. lol

> The truly strange part is the sustained denials. By posting endless
> smokescreens, it seems Dave and Bruce want to hide the error.

There is no smokescreen you blithering idiot. Bruce made a mistake and
he acknowledged it. When you whined about there being no 28 for the US
I pointed out that the second list showed the US being ranked 28th.

> Far better to have declared at the beginning, "Oops, it's a silly mistake"
> instead of all the twisting of "Two tables in the article", "Ranking
> position", "Same relative position", etc.

Fer crissakes he did say he erred. He is right about me having him
killfiled, so I only saw that acknowledgement when you quoted him in one
of your posts.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 4 Jan 2019 16:26:57 -0500, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2019-01-04 1:29 p.m., Pamela wrote:
>> On 00:20 4 Jan 2019, Bruce > wrote in

>>> Dave and I get along so well that he has me killfiled so you're barking
>>> up the wrong tree.

>> I'm still working out the relationships here but they seem rather
>> complex.
>>

>That is likely going to be difficult for you because you obviously don't
>read very well.

So now you know Dave - if you are trolling and male, you would have
done better to have used a masculine name!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, Dave Smith
> wrote:

> Fer crissakes he did say he erred. He is right about me having him
> killfiled, so I only saw that acknowledgement when you quoted him in one
> of your posts.

But did you have Brice binned? I was kind of fond of him. Where did he
go?

leo
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-01-05 6:54 p.m., Leonard Blaisdell wrote:
> In article >, Dave Smith
> > wrote:
>
>> Fer crissakes he did say he erred. He is right about me having him
>> killfiled, so I only saw that acknowledgement when you quoted him in one
>> of your posts.

> But did you have Brice binned? I was kind of fond of him. Where did he
> go?

I got fed up with his constant and idiotic sniping. My sticking him in
my filter has no bearing on your news feed. Feel free to enjoy his
childish comments.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, Dave Smith
> wrote:

> I got fed up with his constant and idiotic sniping. My sticking him in
> my filter has no bearing on your news feed. Feel free to enjoy his
> childish comments.

He doesn't post here anymore. It's a mystery, I tell ya.

leo

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-01-05 7:30 p.m., Leonard Blaisdell wrote:
> In article >, Dave Smith
> > wrote:
>
>> I got fed up with his constant and idiotic sniping. My sticking him in
>> my filter has no bearing on your news feed. Feel free to enjoy his
>> childish comments.

> He doesn't post here anymore. It's a mystery, I tell ya.

Apparently he does because he was quoted in a post in this thread. He is
back to Bruce. He alters his user name occasionally to worm his way
around the kill files he knows he is in.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 5 Jan 2019 19:00:28 -0500, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2019-01-05 6:54 p.m., Leonard Blaisdell wrote:
>> In article >, Dave Smith
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> Fer crissakes he did say he erred. He is right about me having him
>>> killfiled, so I only saw that acknowledgement when you quoted him in one
>>> of your posts.

>> But did you have Brice binned? I was kind of fond of him. Where did he
>> go?
>>

>I got fed up with his constant and idiotic sniping. My sticking him in
>my filter has no bearing on your news feed. Feel free to enjoy his
>childish comments.

What's childish is bragging about your killfile. When I see another
lengthy "me me me" post by Petty Smith, I just don't read it. No need
to killfile, no need to brag about my killfile.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

:

>> On Sat, 5 Jan 2019 19:00:28 -0500, Dave Smith
>> > wrote:

>>>I got fed up with his constant and idiotic sniping. My sticking him in
>>>my filter has no bearing on your news feed. Feel free to enjoy his
>>>childish comments.

>> What's childish is bragging about your killfile. When I see another
>> lengthy "me me me" post by Petty Smith, I just don't read it. No need
>> to killfile, no need to brag about my killfile.

>Just wondering why you and Dave Smith have put each other in killfiles.
>He's soon to go into my killfile for repeatedly twisting the truth in my
>recent discussion with him.
>
>At least when you made an error (about the suicide stats) you readily owned
>up to it but Dave Smith endlessly wheadled, deflected and drew out the
>discussion pointlessly.
>
>I find his lack of honestly far more disturbing than the initial error. Was
>it a similar experience that let you not to talk to him?

It's what Dave always does and he is infinitely worse when the other
poster is female.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-01-06 10:46 a.m., Pamela wrote:

> Move along now Dave. We have noted your modus operandi. You're the first
> person in this group I will put in my killfile, which will happen as soon as
> you're finished with posting about current matters.

I seriously doubt that you will do that, but I do expect that you will
continue with your idiocy.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>On 00:58 6 Jan 2019, Bruce > wrote in
:

>Just wondering why you and Dave Smith have put each other in killfiles.
>He's soon to go into my killfile for repeatedly twisting the truth in my
>recent discussion with him.
>
>At least when you made an error (about the suicide stats) you readily owned
>up to it but Dave Smith endlessly wheadled, deflected and drew out the
>discussion pointlessly.
>
>I find his lack of honestly far more disturbing than the initial error. Was
>it a similar experience that let you not to talk to him?

Dave wasn't dishonest and you were the one who was making this non
event go on and on. He's also not in my killfile. I'm in his
Posted to rec.food.cooking

:

>> On Sun, 06 Jan 2019 12:39:13 GMT, Pamela >
>> wrote:
>>
>>>On 00:58 6 Jan 2019, Bruce > wrote in
:

>>>Just wondering why you and Dave Smith have put each other in killfiles.
>>> He's soon to go into my killfile for repeatedly twisting the truth in
>>>my recent discussion with him.
>>>
>>>At least when you made an error (about the suicide stats) you readily
>>>owned up to it but Dave Smith endlessly wheadled, deflected and drew
>>>out the discussion pointlessly.
>>>
>>>I find his lack of honestly far more disturbing than the initial error.
>>> Was it a similar experience that let you not to talk to him?

>> It's what Dave always does and he is infinitely worse when the other
>> poster is female.

>I didn't realise Dave had form in this.
>
>I did notice the sheer aggressiveness and curses in some of his posts to
>me which was unusual even by the low standards of Usenet.
>
>I suppose they were an intimidation attempt to get me to back down from
>making further queries which were embarassing to him.
>
>He seemed such a nice guy at first but when he shows his true colours
>he's more nasty than I expected.

First you try to drive people nuts with your nagging and when they
react, you go "Poor me, the world is so cruel to me." Some people are
a bit slow, but in the end they will all see you for the troll that
you are
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 07 Jan 2019 05:43:35 +1100, Bruce >
wrote:

>On Sun, 06 Jan 2019 10:33:21 -0400, wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 06 Jan 2019 12:39:13 GMT, Pamela >
>>wrote:
>>
>>>On 00:58 6 Jan 2019, Bruce > wrote in
:

>>>Just wondering why you and Dave Smith have put each other in killfiles.
>>>He's soon to go into my killfile for repeatedly twisting the truth in my
>>>recent discussion with him.
>>>
>>>At least when you made an error (about the suicide stats) you readily owned
>>>up to it but Dave Smith endlessly wheadled, deflected and drew out the
>>>discussion pointlessly.
>>>
>>>I find his lack of honestly far more disturbing than the initial error. Was
>>>it a similar experience that let you not to talk to him?

>>It's what Dave always does and he is infinitely worse when the other
>>poster is female.

>He's always the same. The male/female thing is a hangup of yours

If you start cranking on that again you'll need to stay with Dave! Yes
I am a feminist, I would think any women who worked back in the
60s/70s would be. I was militant because we had to be in order to get
equal pensions, equal pay is still not really there, but the equal
pensions are here in Canada for the most part.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 07 Jan 2019 05:46:38 +1100, Bruce >
wrote:

>On Sun, 06 Jan 2019 12:39:13 GMT, Pamela >
>wrote:
>
>>On 00:58 6 Jan 2019, Bruce > wrote in
m:

>>Just wondering why you and Dave Smith have put each other in killfiles.
>>He's soon to go into my killfile for repeatedly twisting the truth in my
>>recent discussion with him.
>>
>>At least when you made an error (about the suicide stats) you readily owned
>>up to it but Dave Smith endlessly wheadled, deflected and drew out the
>>discussion pointlessly.
>>
>>I find his lack of honestly far more disturbing than the initial error. Was
>>it a similar experience that let you not to talk to him?

>Dave wasn't dishonest and you were the one who was making this non
>event go on and on. He's also not in my killfile. I'm in his

See there's another reason to be militant!!! Why can't I be in his kf
too??? It's not fair!!!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

:

>> On Sun, 06 Jan 2019 12:39:13 GMT, Pamela >
>> wrote:
>>
>>>On 00:58 6 Jan 2019, Bruce > wrote in
:

>>>Just wondering why you and Dave Smith have put each other in killfiles.
>>> He's soon to go into my killfile for repeatedly twisting the truth in
>>>my recent discussion with him.
>>>
>>>At least when you made an error (about the suicide stats) you readily
>>>owned up to it but Dave Smith endlessly wheadled, deflected and drew
>>>out the discussion pointlessly.
>>>
>>>I find his lack of honestly far more disturbing than the initial error.
>>> Was it a similar experience that let you not to talk to him?

>> It's what Dave always does and he is infinitely worse when the other
>> poster is female.

>I didn't realise Dave had form in this.
>
>I did notice the sheer aggressiveness and curses in some of his posts to
>me which was unusual even by the low standards of Usenet.
>
>I suppose they were an intimidation attempt to get me to back down from
>making further queries which were embarassing to him.
>
>He seemed such a nice guy at first but when he shows his true colours
>he's more nasty than I expected.

First you try to drive people nuts with your nagging and when they
react, you go "Poor me, the world is so cruel to me." Some people are
a bit slow, but in the end they will all see you for the troll that
you are

==

Yes, Fat Tony has always been a troll and is well known.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-01-06 4:40 p.m., Pamela wrote:
> On 18:49 6 Jan 2019, Bruce > wrote in

>> Some people are a bit slow, but in the end they will all see you for
>> the troll that you are

> By contrast, everyone can see that you're a troll from the outset.

Oh no. Is he getting more intention that you?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 6 Jan 2019 15:22:06 -0500, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2019-01-06 2:43 p.m., wrote:
>> On Sun, 6 Jan 2019 10:21:13 -0500, Dave Smith

>>> You are whining about lack of honesty? That's a laugh. Last week I
>>> posted statistical data that demonstrates very clearly that old women
>>> have ever increasing crash rates, and that contradicted your anecdote
>>> about an elderly male. You never came up with any statistical data to
>>> refute mine. You also never provided any proof of your geriatric soccer
>>> league. Now you are whining about it somehow being gender related. I
>>> will take that to mean that you resent being caught in your lies.
>>>

>> I wasn't going to take your bait on older women drivers but you do lie
>> about the soccer. At the time I gave you the link to Soccer NS which
>> contained the link to the Over 40s soccer league. If you didn't see
>> it, that's not my fault - oops - of course it is, YOU couldn't be
>> wrong or had forgotten the link.

>Over 40???? BS. You were talking about soccer players in their 80s.

No I wasn't, I don't know any but perhaps I know of an 80 year old
kyakker?

I was referring to 'our boys' as I think of our soccer teams in their
youth, they are early 50s now. Many are still playing, true a
slightly slower game, but they play and have Gentlemans League.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>>He's always the same. The male/female thing is a hangup of yours

>>If you start cranking on that again you'll need to stay with Dave! Yes
>>I am a feminist, I would think any women who worked back in the
>>60s/70s would be. I was militant because we had to be in order to get
>>equal pensions, equal pay is still not really there, but the equal
>>pensions are here in Canada for the most part.

>I'm all for equality between men and women, but you see gender issues
>where there are none.

Such as?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:
>>> On Sun, 6 Jan 2019 10:21:13 -0500, Dave Smith

>>> I wasn't going to take your bait on older women drivers but you do lie
>>> about the soccer. At the time I gave you the link to Soccer NS which
>>> contained the link to the Over 40s soccer league. If you didn't see
>>> it, that's not my fault - oops - of course it is, YOU couldn't be
>>> wrong or had forgotten the link.

>> Over 40???? BS. You were talking about soccer players in their 80s.
>>

> No I wasn't, I don't know any but perhaps I know of an 80 year old
> kyakker?

So now you are going to pull a Julie and deny that you claimed to have
an senior friend who plays soccer and that there is an entire league of
them?

> I was referring to 'our boys' as I think of our soccer teams in their
> youth, they are early 50s now. Many are still playing, true a
> slightly slower game, but they play and have Gentlemans League.

That is a lot younger than your claimed at the time.