Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Fun food experiments

Last night my gardener was looking for microwave popcorn. I used to buy it.
I don't eat it. I pop my own in a pan. He asked if I could make him some and
put a little brown sugar in it. Now I can make caramel corn, but when I do,
the corn is popped separately, old maids picked out, and a caramel syrup is
made in a pan on the stove. Baking soda is added to give it a lighter
texture. It is then mixed with the corn in a big roasting pan and baked for
an hour, mixing it every so often as it bakes.

I was pretty sure that Kettle corn was made by adding sugar to the fat. And
indeed it is! So I tried adding a little brown sugar to come coconut oil and
butter and popped the corn in that. Did not add salt. Came very well! Like a
quick caramel corn but light on the caramel. Only problem was that I didn't
shake the pan so the stuff on the very bottom got almost to burned.

Some time back I made a recipe for roasted grape tomatoes with balsamic
glaze. Gardener loved it but it was too overwhelming to me due to the large
amount of glaze. This time I found a similar recipe that sautéed the
tomatoes and only used one teaspoon of the glaze per pint of tomatoes. I had
one of those huge tubs from Costco. Grape and cherry tomatoes in different
colors. They were meant for salad but due to illness and lettuce recalls we
ate no salad.

I winged the recipe. Tossed the tomatoes in a pan with a little olive oil,
salt and pepper. Cooked them for maybe 5 min. until the tomatoes began to
break down. Added perhaps three teaspoons of the Balsamic glaze, a little
dried parsley and dried basil. I know... I know. Had no fresh basil and
didn't need the large amount that the stores here sell. I cooked some
tri-color corkscrew pasta and added some chicken breast, cooked and cut in
bite sized pieces for him. I'm not a fan of chicken so had mine without. The
tomato sauce was spooned over the pasta and I topped it with Parmesan
cheese. Folks! This is a keeper! He wolfed his down before I had eaten even
half of mine. And it wasn't out of hunger as he was grabbing cookies as fast
as I could bake them.

I made chocolate chip cookies, have some vegan oatmeal and coconut dough
(didn't need vegan but this recipe uses ingredients I had on hand) and also
some Snickerdoodles with Bisquick. I got a box of Bisquick at Costco and
it's HUGE! The end result was a slightly different texture and sweeter than
the kind I make from scratch, but I didn't have to add fat. My problem was
that I've been using butter like crazy and need to make sure that I have
enough left for Christmas dinner. Am doing a mixed berry crisp (can use
coconut oil if I need to), stuffing for the turkey and buttery dinner rolls.

I also made a pan of powdered sugar fudge. Accidently grabbed the lemon
extract instead of the vanilla! Thankfully I could smell it as the first
drop hit the fudge. I attempted to scoop out the portion where it hit. The
end result is great! No lemon taste at all. Need to go do the oatmeal and
coconut cookies now. Had to let the oven cool down a bit as the prior
cookies used a higher temp.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Julie Bove" wrote in message news
[...]

==

My goodness! You have been busy)))

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 23 Dec 2018 10:56:23 -0000, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

> [...]
>it's HUGE! The end result was a slightly different texture and sweeter than
>the kind I make from scratch, but I didn't have to add fat. My problem was
>that I've been using butter like crazy and need to make sure that I have
>enough left for Christmas dinner. Am doing a mixed berry crisp (can use
>coconut oil if I need to), stuffing for the turkey and buttery dinner rolls.
>
>I also made a pan of powdered sugar fudge. Accidently grabbed the lemon
>extract instead of the vanilla! Thankfully I could smell it as the first
>drop hit the fudge. I attempted to scoop out the portion where it hit. The
>end result is great! No lemon taste at all. Need to go do the oatmeal and
>coconut cookies now. Had to let the oven cool down a bit as the prior
>cookies used a higher temp.
>
>==
>
>My goodness! You have been a busy beaver)))

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote in message

> [...]
> some Snickerdoodles with Bisquick. I got a box of Bisquick at Costco and
> it's HUGE! The end result was a slightly different texture and sweeter
> than
> the kind I make from scratch, but I didn't have to add fat. My problem was
> that I've been using butter like crazy and need to make sure that I have
> enough left for Christmas dinner. Am doing a mixed berry crisp (can use
> coconut oil if I need to), stuffing for the turkey and buttery dinner
> rolls.
>
> I also made a pan of powdered sugar fudge. Accidently grabbed the lemon
> extract instead of the vanilla! Thankfully I could smell it as the first
> drop hit the fudge. I attempted to scoop out the portion where it hit. The
> end result is great! No lemon taste at all. Need to go do the oatmeal and
> coconut cookies now. Had to let the oven cool down a bit as the prior

I think I have!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote in message

> [...]
> some Snickerdoodles with Bisquick. I got a box of Bisquick at Costco and
> it's HUGE! The end result was a slightly different texture and sweeter
> than
> the kind I make from scratch, but I didn't have to add fat. My problem was
> that I've been using butter like crazy and need to make sure that I have
> enough left for Christmas dinner. Am doing a mixed berry crisp (can use
> coconut oil if I need to), stuffing for the turkey and buttery dinner
> rolls.
>
> I also made a pan of powdered sugar fudge. Accidently grabbed the lemon
> extract instead of the vanilla! Thankfully I could smell it as the first
> drop hit the fudge. I attempted to scoop out the portion where it hit. The
> end result is great! No lemon taste at all. Need to go do the oatmeal and
> coconut cookies now. Had to let the oven cool down a bit as the prior

Sure sounds like it

Tomorrow I will be making a Pecan pie, courtesy of I not I, and a sweet
potato pie. Heck I don't remember who gave me that recipe. Sorry to whoever
gave it to me.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/23/2018 3:41 PM, Ophelia wrote:

> Tomorrow I will be making a Pecan pie, courtesy of I not I, and a sweet
> potato pie. Heck I don't remember who gave me that recipe. Sorry to
> whoever gave it to me.

I've just done an orange-chocolate chip loaf cake, covered in dark
chocolate ganache. Tomorrow I'll be making a couple of yeast-raised
coffee cakes, one with an almond filling, the other with cheese. And
some fancy breads.
I've prepped _almost_ everything for Xmas dinner. Tomorrow I'll split
and season the Cornish hens and simmer the innards for gravy, then get
all the serving dishes ready. The table is already set, except for the
flowers, which I'm just about to do.
I like enjoying my guests, rather than spending all my time in the
kitchen, and don't want to feel rushed on the day.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"S Viemeister" wrote in message ...

On 12/23/2018 3:41 PM, Ophelia wrote:

> Tomorrow I will be making a Pecan pie, courtesy of I not I, and a sweet
> potato pie. Heck I don't remember who gave me that recipe. Sorry to
> whoever gave it to me.

I've just done an orange-chocolate chip loaf cake, covered in dark
chocolate ganache. Tomorrow I'll be making a couple of yeast-raised
coffee cakes, one with an almond filling, the other with cheese. And
some fancy breads.
I've prepped _almost_ everything for Xmas dinner. Tomorrow I'll split
and season the Cornish hens and simmer the innards for gravy, then get
all the serving dishes ready. The table is already set, except for the
flowers, which I'm just about to do.
I like enjoying my guests, rather than spending all my time in the
kitchen, and don't want to feel rushed on the day.

==

I agree, but I do love cooking)) I will do what i can in advance though

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/23/2018 4:05 PM, Ophelia wrote:

> "S Viemeister"* wrote in message ...
> On 12/23/2018 3:41 PM, Ophelia wrote:
>
>> Tomorrow I will be making a Pecan pie, courtesy of I not I, and a
>> sweet potato pie. Heck I don't remember who gave me that recipe. Sorry
>> to whoever gave it to me.
>>

> I've just done an orange-chocolate chip loaf cake, covered in dark
> chocolate ganache. Tomorrow I'll be making a couple of yeast-raised
> coffee cakes, one with an almond filling, the other with cheese. And
> some fancy breads.
> I've prepped _almost_ everything for Xmas dinner. Tomorrow I'll split
> and season the Cornish hens and simmer the innards for gravy, then get
> all the serving dishes ready. The table is already set, except for the
> flowers, which I'm just about to do.
> I like enjoying my guests, rather than spending all my time in the
> kitchen, and don't want to feel rushed on the day.
>
> ==
>
> I agree, but I do love cooking)) I will do what i can in advance though

Oh, yes - I love cooking too! But as much as possible will be done
before my guests arrive, so I can enjoy them, too.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 23 Dec 2018 02:51:24 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:

> Last night my gardener was looking for microwave popcorn. I used to buy it.
> I don't eat it. I pop my own in a pan. He asked if I could make him some and
> put a little brown sugar in it.

That's enough reading for me, thank you. It's pretty clear you're
his bitch.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 24 Dec 2018 02:30:20 -0600, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Sun, 23 Dec 2018 02:51:24 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:
>
>> Last night my gardener was looking for microwave popcorn. I used to buy it.
>> I don't eat it. I pop my own in a pan. He asked if I could make him some and
>> put a little brown sugar in it.

>That's enough reading for me, thank you. It's pretty clear you're
>his bitch.

Cheri, please talk to this man. He clearly doesn't realise it's almost
Christmas.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote in message

> [...]
>> coconut oil if I need to), stuffing for the turkey and buttery dinner
>> rolls.
>>
>> I also made a pan of powdered sugar fudge. Accidently grabbed the lemon
>> extract instead of the vanilla! Thankfully I could smell it as the first
>> drop hit the fudge. I attempted to scoop out the portion where it hit.
>> The
>> end result is great! No lemon taste at all. Need to go do the oatmeal and
>> coconut cookies now. Had to let the oven cool down a bit as the prior
>> cookies used a higher temp.
>>
>> ==
>>
>> My goodness! You have been busy)))

> I think I have!
>
> ==
>
> Sure sounds like it
>
> Tomorrow I will be making a Pecan pie, courtesy of I not I, and a sweet
> potato pie. Heck I don't remember who gave me that recipe. Sorry to

I love pecan pie but diabetes and egg issues make it no good for me now.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"S Viemeister" > wrote in message
> On 12/23/2018 3:41 PM, Ophelia wrote:
>
>> Tomorrow I will be making a Pecan pie, courtesy of I not I, and a sweet
>> potato pie. Heck I don't remember who gave me that recipe. Sorry to
>> whoever gave it to me.
>>

> I've just done an orange-chocolate chip loaf cake, covered in dark
> chocolate ganache. Tomorrow I'll be making a couple of yeast-raised coffee
> cakes, one with an almond filling, the other with cheese. And some fancy
> breads.
> I've prepped _almost_ everything for Xmas dinner. Tomorrow I'll split and
> season the Cornish hens and simmer the innards for gravy, then get all the
> serving dishes ready. The table is already set, except for the flowers,
> which I'm just about to do.
> I like enjoying my guests, rather than spending all my time in the
> kitchen, and don't want to feel rushed on the day.

I think I'll at least get the "crisp" part ready for my berry crisp.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 23 Dec 2018 02:51:24 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:
>
>> Last night my gardener was looking for microwave popcorn. I used to buy
>> it.
>> I don't eat it. I pop my own in a pan. He asked if I could make him some
>> and
>> put a little brown sugar in it.

> That's enough reading for me, thank you. It's pretty clear you're
> his bitch.

Why, Steve! I do believe you're jealous! I love to pamper the people in my
life. Anything I can do for them that doesn't cost me a lot of money, I do.
I'll be making my friend Swedish Rye on a regular basis. She said the second
batch is just perfect!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote in message

> [...]
>>
>> I also made a pan of powdered sugar fudge. Accidently grabbed the lemon
>> extract instead of the vanilla! Thankfully I could smell it as the first
>> drop hit the fudge. I attempted to scoop out the portion where it hit.
>> The
>> end result is great! No lemon taste at all. Need to go do the oatmeal and
>> coconut cookies now. Had to let the oven cool down a bit as the prior
>> cookies used a higher temp.
>>
>> ==
>>
>> My goodness! You have been busy)))

> I think I have!
>
> ==
>
> Sure sounds like it
>
> Tomorrow I will be making a Pecan pie, courtesy of I not I, and a sweet
> potato pie. Heck I don't remember who gave me that recipe. Sorry to
> whoever gave it to me.

I love pecan pie but diabetes and egg issues make it no good for me now.

I've never had any before. Today will be a first to make and a first to
taste.

I am sorry you can't have it. Yes, this recipe has two eggs in it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"S Viemeister" wrote in message ...

On 12/23/2018 4:05 PM, Ophelia wrote:

> "S Viemeister" wrote in message ...
> On 12/23/2018 3:41 PM, Ophelia wrote:
>
>> Tomorrow I will be making a Pecan pie, courtesy of I not I, and a sweet
>> potato pie. Heck I don't remember who gave me that recipe. Sorry to
>> whoever gave it to me.
>>

> I've just done an orange-chocolate chip loaf cake, covered in dark
> chocolate ganache. Tomorrow I'll be making a couple of yeast-raised coffee
> cakes, one with an almond filling, the other with cheese. And some fancy
> breads.
> I've prepped _almost_ everything for Xmas dinner. Tomorrow I'll split and
> season the Cornish hens and simmer the innards for gravy, then get all the
> serving dishes ready. The table is already set, except for the flowers,
> which I'm just about to do.
> I like enjoying my guests, rather than spending all my time in the
> kitchen, and don't want to feel rushed on the day.
>
> ==
>
> I agree, but I do love cooking)) I will do what i can in advance
> though

Oh, yes - I love cooking too! But as much as possible will be done
before my guests arrive, so I can enjoy them, too.

==

Yep

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 24 Dec 2018 01:31:23 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
>> On Sun, 23 Dec 2018 02:51:24 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>>> Last night my gardener was looking for microwave popcorn. I used to buy
>>> it.
>>> I don't eat it. I pop my own in a pan. He asked if I could make him some
>>> and
>>> put a little brown sugar in it.

>> That's enough reading for me, thank you. It's pretty clear you're
>> his bitch.

>Why, Steve! I do believe you're jealous! I love to pamper the people in my
>life. Anything I can do for them that doesn't cost me a lot of money, I do.

Pedro should be paying for your, um... servicing him.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/24/2018 4:31 AM, Julie Bove wrote:

> "Sqwertz" > wrote in message
>> On Sun, 23 Dec 2018 02:51:24 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>>> Last night my gardener was looking for microwave popcorn. I used to
>>> buy it.
>>> I don't eat it. I pop my own in a pan. He asked if I could make him
>>> some and
>>> put a little brown sugar in it.

>> That's enough reading for me, thank you.Â* It's pretty clear you're
>> his bitch.

> Why, Steve! I do believe you're jealous! I love to pamper the people in
> my life. Anything I can do for them that doesn't cost me a lot of money,
> I do. I'll be making my friend Swedish Rye on a regular basis. She said
> the second batch is just perfect!

The world would be a better place if everyone had your attitude. Good
for you!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message ...

On 12/24/2018 4:31 AM, Julie Bove wrote:

> "Sqwertz" > wrote in message
>> On Sun, 23 Dec 2018 02:51:24 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>>> Last night my gardener was looking for microwave popcorn. I used to
>>> buy it.
>>> I don't eat it. I pop my own in a pan. He asked if I could make him
>>> some and
>>> put a little brown sugar in it.

>> That's enough reading for me, thank you. It's pretty clear you're
>> his bitch.

> Why, Steve! I do believe you're jealous! I love to pamper the people in
> my life. Anything I can do for them that doesn't cost me a lot of money,
> I do. I'll be making my friend Swedish Rye on a regular basis. She said
> the second batch is just perfect!

The world would be a better place if everyone had your attitude. Good
for you!

===

Yes!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 24 Dec 2018 01:31:23 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:

> "Sqwertz" > wrote in message
>> On Sun, 23 Dec 2018 02:51:24 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>>> Last night my gardener was looking for microwave popcorn. I used to buy
>>> it.
>>> I don't eat it. I pop my own in a pan. He asked if I could make him some
>>> and
>>> put a little brown sugar in it.

>> That's enough reading for me, thank you. It's pretty clear you're
>> his bitch.

> Why, Steve! I do believe you're jealous! I love to pamper the people in my
> life. Anything I can do for them that doesn't cost me a lot of money, I do.
> I'll be making my friend Swedish Rye on a regular basis. She said the second
> batch is just perfect!

Jealous I'm not living with and banging you? Uh, no. I'm just
amazed at how this guy is taking of you. He must be well hung.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 24 Dec 2018 13:05:21 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> On 12/24/2018 4:31 AM, Julie Bove wrote:

>>> That's enough reading for me, thank you.* It's pretty clear you're
>>> his bitch.

>> Why, Steve! I do believe you're jealous! I love to pamper the people in
>> my life. Anything I can do for them that doesn't cost me a lot of money,
>> I do. I'll be making my friend Swedish Rye on a regular basis. She said
>> the second batch is just perfect!

> The world would be a better place if everyone had your attitude. Good
> for you!

Yeah, that worked out pretty well for her ex-husband. The true
dynamics of this "relationship" with her "gardener" would probably
even floor me.

-sw

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote in message

> [...]
>>> end result is great! No lemon taste at all. Need to go do the oatmeal
>>> and
>>> coconut cookies now. Had to let the oven cool down a bit as the prior
>>> cookies used a higher temp.
>>>
>>> ==
>>>
>>> My goodness! You have been busy)))

>> I think I have!
>>
>> ==
>>
>> Sure sounds like it
>>
>> Tomorrow I will be making a Pecan pie, courtesy of I not I, and a sweet
>> potato pie. Heck I don't remember who gave me that recipe. Sorry to
>> whoever gave it to me.

> I love pecan pie but diabetes and egg issues make it no good for me now.
>
> ==
>
> I've never had any before. Today will be a first to make and a first to
> taste.
>
> I am sorry you can't have it. Yes, this recipe has two eggs in it.

There is a vegan recipe that uses dates and no crust. Tastes pretty much the
same but still too many carbs.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> On Mon, 24 Dec 2018 01:31:23 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:

>>> That's enough reading for me, thank you. It's pretty clear you're
>>> his bitch.

>>Why, Steve! I do believe you're jealous! I love to pamper the people in my
>>life. Anything I can do for them that doesn't cost me a lot of money, I
>>do.

> Pedro should be paying for your, um... servicing him.

Who is Pedro?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in message
> On 12/24/2018 4:31 AM, Julie Bove wrote:

>>> That's enough reading for me, thank you. It's pretty clear you're
>>> his bitch.

>> Why, Steve! I do believe you're jealous! I love to pamper the people in
>> my life. Anything I can do for them that doesn't cost me a lot of money,
>> I do. I'll be making my friend Swedish Rye on a regular basis. She said
>> the second batch is just perfect!

> The world would be a better place if everyone had your attitude. Good for
> you!

Thanks!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 24 Dec 2018 13:05:21 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

>>> Why, Steve! I do believe you're jealous! I love to pamper the people in
>>> my life. Anything I can do for them that doesn't cost me a lot of money,
>>> I do. I'll be making my friend Swedish Rye on a regular basis. She said
>>> the second batch is just perfect!

>> The world would be a better place if everyone had your attitude. Good
>> for you!

> Yeah, that worked out pretty well for her ex-husband. The true
> dynamics of this "relationship" with her "gardener" would probably
> even floor me.

There's nothing weird here. We just get along really well and we have common
interests.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 24 Dec 2018 01:31:23 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:

>>> That's enough reading for me, thank you. It's pretty clear you're
>>> his bitch.

>> Why, Steve! I do believe you're jealous! I love to pamper the people in
>> my
>> life. Anything I can do for them that doesn't cost me a lot of money, I
>> do.
>> I'll be making my friend Swedish Rye on a regular basis. She said the
>> second
>> batch is just perfect!

> Jealous I'm not living with and banging you? Uh, no. I'm just
> amazed at how this guy is taking of you. He must be well hung.

I wouldn't know about that Steve. But I can sure see what it is that
motivates you!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

"Ophelia" > wrote in message

> [...]
>>> and
>>> coconut cookies now. Had to let the oven cool down a bit as the prior
>>> cookies used a higher temp.
>>>
>>> ==
>>>
>>> My goodness! You have been busy)))

>> I think I have!
>>
>> ==
>>
>> Sure sounds like it
>>
>> Tomorrow I will be making a Pecan pie, courtesy of I not I, and a sweet
>> potato pie. Heck I don't remember who gave me that recipe. Sorry to
>> whoever gave it to me.

> I love pecan pie but diabetes and egg issues make it no good for me now.
>
> ==
>
> I've never had any before. Today will be a first to make and a first to
> taste.
>
> I am sorry you can't have it. Yes, this recipe has two eggs in it.

There is a vegan recipe that uses dates and no crust. Tastes pretty much the

I suppose you could have just treated yourself for Christmas?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

--

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 24 Dec 2018 13:05:21 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

>>> Why, Steve! I do believe you're jealous! I love to pamper the people in
>>> my life. Anything I can do for them that doesn't cost me a lot of money,
>>> I do. I'll be making my friend Swedish Rye on a regular basis. She said
>>> the second batch is just perfect!

>> The world would be a better place if everyone had your attitude. Good
>> for you!

> Yeah, that worked out pretty well for her ex-husband. The true
> dynamics of this "relationship" with her "gardener" would probably
> even floor me.

There's nothing weird here. We just get along really well and we have common
interests.

==

Take no notice! He is jealous. He wishes he could have a relationship with
your gardener.

In fact I bet he would like a relationship with #anybody#!!!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 24 Dec 2018 01:31:23 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:

>>> That's enough reading for me, thank you. It's pretty clear you're
>>> his bitch.

>> Why, Steve! I do believe you're jealous! I love to pamper the people in
>> my
>> life. Anything I can do for them that doesn't cost me a lot of money, I
>> do.
>> I'll be making my friend Swedish Rye on a regular basis. She said the
>> second
>> batch is just perfect!

> Jealous I'm not living with and banging you? Uh, no. I'm just
> amazed at how this guy is taking of you. He must be well hung.

I wouldn't know about that Steve. But I can sure see what it is that
motivates you!

==

Yes, he is sounding rather desperate!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote in message

> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk
> "Julie Bove" wrote in message news >
>
> "Ophelia" > wrote in message
>>

>> "Julie Bove" wrote in message news >>
>>
>> "Ophelia" > wrote in message

>>> I think I have!
>>>
>>> ==
>>>
>>> Sure sounds like it
>>>
>>> Tomorrow I will be making a Pecan pie, courtesy of I not I, and a sweet
>>> potato pie. Heck I don't remember who gave me that recipe. Sorry to
>>> whoever gave it to me.

>> I love pecan pie but diabetes and egg issues make it no good for me now.
>>
>> ==
>>
>> I've never had any before. Today will be a first to make and a first to
>> taste.
>>
>> I am sorry you can't have it. Yes, this recipe has two eggs in it.

> There is a vegan recipe that uses dates and no crust. Tastes pretty much
> the
> same but still too many carbs.
>
> ==
>
> I suppose you could have just treated yourself for Christmas?

No. Diabetes doesn't go away for Christmas.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote in message

> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk
> "Julie Bove" wrote in message news >
>
> "Sqwertz" > wrote in message

>>> The world would be a better place if everyone had your attitude. Good
>>> for you!

>> Yeah, that worked out pretty well for her ex-husband. The true
>> dynamics of this "relationship" with her "gardener" would probably
>> even floor me.

> There's nothing weird here. We just get along really well and we have
> common
> interests.
>
> ==
>
> Take no notice! He is jealous. He wishes he could have a relationship
> with your gardener.
>
> In fact I bet he would like a relationship with #anybody#!!!

Oh
Oh. Sad.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

--

"Ophelia" > wrote in message

> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk
> "Julie Bove" wrote in message news >
>
> "Ophelia" > wrote in message
>>

>> "Julie Bove" wrote in message news >>
>>
>> "Ophelia" > wrote in message

>>> I think I have!
>>>
>>> ==
>>>
>>> Sure sounds like it
>>>
>>> Tomorrow I will be making a Pecan pie, courtesy of I not I, and a sweet
>>> potato pie. Heck I don't remember who gave me that recipe. Sorry to
>>> whoever gave it to me.

>> I love pecan pie but diabetes and egg issues make it no good for me now.
>>
>> ==
>>
>> I've never had any before. Today will be a first to make and a first to
>> taste.
>>
>> I am sorry you can't have it. Yes, this recipe has two eggs in it.

> There is a vegan recipe that uses dates and no crust. Tastes pretty much
> the
> same but still too many carbs.
>
> ==
>
> I suppose you could have just treated yourself for Christmas?

No. Diabetes doesn't go away for Christmas.

==

Ok!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

--

"Ophelia" > wrote in message

> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk
> "Julie Bove" wrote in message news >
>
> "Sqwertz" > wrote in message

>>> The world would be a better place if everyone had your attitude. Good
>>> for you!

>> Yeah, that worked out pretty well for her ex-husband. The true
>> dynamics of this "relationship" with her "gardener" would probably
>> even floor me.

> There's nothing weird here. We just get along really well and we have
> common
> interests.
>
> ==
>
> Take no notice! He is jealous. He wishes he could have a relationship
> with your gardener.
>
> In fact I bet he would like a relationship with #anybody#!!!

Oh
Oh. Sad.

==

Yes!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 26 Dec 2018 16:36:14 GMT, Pamela >
wrote:

>On 06:44 25 Dec 2018, "Julie Bove" > wrote in
>news >

>>> Jealous I'm not living with and banging you? Uh, no. I'm just
>>> amazed at how this guy is taking of you. He must be well hung.

>> I wouldn't know about that Steve. But I can sure see what it is that
>> motivates you!

>Maybe he was drunk when he posted that.

I don't believe the dwarf imbibes,
however I think he's a weedie/weenie.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

Sheldon wrote:

> On Wed, 26 Dec 2018 16:36:14 GMT, Pamela >
> wrote:
>
> >On 06:44 25 Dec 2018, "Julie Bove" > wrote in
> >news > >

> >> I wouldn't know about that Steve. But I can sure see what it is that
> >> motivates you!

> >Maybe he was drunk when he posted that.

> I don't believe the dwarf imbibes,
> however I think he's a weedie/weenie.

Definitely...for proof look at some of the stuff he posts on rfc on Facebook...you'd *have* be high to engage in that goofiness, e.g. a stack of hotcakes with a little troll doll stuck on top, etc...

--
Best
Greg