Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Still the best

It's that time and I've got the rhyme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXh7JR9oKVE

It still makes me "misty", every time I see it.

It's still the best. Google the rest.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/20/2018 12:05 PM, notbob wrote:
> It's that time and I've got the rhyme.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXh7JR9oKVE
>
> It still makes me "misty", every time I see it.
>
> It's still the best.Â* Google the rest.Â*
>
> nb

That one's fun! Gives me shivers. What voices!

I can't really imagine finding myself in the middle of a flash-mob. Are
there groups still doing them?

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-12-20 12:05 p.m., notbob wrote:
> It's that time and I've got the rhyme.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXh7JR9oKVE
>
> It still makes me "misty", every time I see it.
>
> It's still the best.Â* Google the rest.Â*

That happened at a local mall. My bank is just around the corner from
the food court and my sister in law managed a store down the corridor
from it. Most of those food services are still there. The only think
that was out of place was the number of people in the food court, but
about 3/4 of them were the choir.

It's a great piece of music and gets played here a lot at Christmas and
Easter.

The first flash mob was a brilliant idea. They don't seem to happen much
anymore.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, December 20, 2018 at 11:06:05 AM UTC-6, notbob wrote:

> It's that time and I've got the rhyme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ooc5eJc5SHA
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"notbob" wrote in message ...

It's that time and I've got the rhyme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXh7JR9oKVE

It still makes me "misty", every time I see it.

It's still the best. Google the rest.

nb

===

Ahhh that has always my absolute favourite) I wonder if they are still
doing it)))

Thanks for posting)))

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-12-20 10:05 a.m., notbob wrote:
> It's that time and I've got the rhyme.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXh7JR9oKVE
>
> It still makes me "misty", every time I see it.
>
> It's still the best.Â* Google the rest.Â*
>
> nb

I used to be in a large choir that sang that every xmas. A religious
colleague couldn't understand how an atheist like me could sing it but
it's glorious music, even the bass part that I sang.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-12-20 3:28 p.m., graham wrote:
> On 2018-12-20 10:05 a.m., notbob wrote:
>> It's that time and I've got the rhyme.
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXh7JR9oKVE
>>
>> It still makes me "misty", every time I see it.
>>
>> It's still the best.Â* Google the rest.Â*
>>
>> nb

> I used to be in a large choir that sang that every xmas. A religious
> colleague couldn't understand how an atheist like me could sing it but
> it's glorious music, even the bass part that I sang.

We used to have a Bouvier des Flandres who used to howl during the bass
parts of The Messiah. My wife used to crank it up nice and loud but when
the bass section started up she would start wailing away. It was the
only think that ever made her howl.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 20 Dec 2018 16:52:07 -0500, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2018-12-20 3:28 p.m., graham wrote:
>> On 2018-12-20 10:05 a.m., notbob wrote:
>>> It's that time and I've got the rhyme.
>>>
>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXh7JR9oKVE
>>>
>>> It still makes me "misty", every time I see it.
>>>
>>> It's still the best.* Google the rest.*
>>>
>>> nb

>> I used to be in a large choir that sang that every xmas. A religious
>> colleague couldn't understand how an atheist like me could sing it but
>> it's glorious music, even the bass part that I sang.

>My wife used to crank it up nice and loud but when
>the bass section started up she would start wailing away.

Highly unusual behaviour, indeed.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 20 Dec 2018 10:05:58 -0700, notbob > wrote:

>It's that time and I've got the rhyme.
>
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXh7JR9oKVE
>
>It still makes me "misty", every time I see it.
>
>It's still the best. Google the rest.

In the US, someone with PTSD might get a fright and start shooting.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/20/2018 2:11 PM, wrote:
> On Thursday, December 20, 2018 at 11:06:05 AM UTC-6, notbob wrote:
>>
>> It's that time and I've got the rhyme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ooc5eJc5SHA

Okay, if you really want to get annoying...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdN_8OlJGs0

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/20/2018 3:28 PM, graham wrote:
> On 2018-12-20 10:05 a.m., notbob wrote:
>> It's that time and I've got the rhyme.
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXh7JR9oKVE
>>
>> It still makes me "misty", every time I see it.
>>
>> It's still the best.Â* Google the rest.Â*
>>
>> nb

> I used to be in a large choir that sang that every xmas. A religious
> colleague couldn't understand how an atheist like me could sing it but
> it's glorious music, even the bass part that I sang.

Music is music. Doesn't have to mean anything in terms of religous
beliefs. I love 'The Little Drummer Boy' but I don't actually believe
some little boy showed up to play a drum for a baby in a manger.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

That's lovely, but my absolute favorite...always makes me tear up, don't know why...is the
Julie Andrews one at the airport, "Doe, a deer,...." I think it was the airport in the Capitol of Belgium,
but always have to search on YouTube for it because I can't remember.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-12-20 7:49 p.m., Nancy2 wrote:

> That's lovely, but my absolute favorite...always makes me tear up, don't know why...is the
> Julie Andrews one at the airport, "Doe, a deer,...." I think it was the airport in the Capitol of Belgium,
> but always have to search on YouTube for it because I can't remember.
>
> N.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQLCZOG202k

The number of performers is greater than the audience!

Current actors and actresses could learn a lot about diction from Julie
Andrews!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/20/2018 9:49 PM, Nancy2 wrote:

> That's lovely, but my absolute favorite...always makes me tear up, don't know why...is the
> Julie Andrews one at the airport, "Doe, a deer,...." I think it was the airport in the Capitol of Belgium,
> but always have to search on YouTube for it because I can't remember.
>
> N.

This one? (smile)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQLCZOG202k

Do re mi...

Happy Holidays Nancy2!

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/20/2018 9:59 PM, graham wrote:
> On 2018-12-20 7:49 p.m., Nancy2 wrote:
>>
>> That's lovely, but my absolute favorite...always makes me tear up,
>> don't know why...is the
>> Julie Andrews one at the airport, "Doe, a deer,...."Â* I think it was
>> the airport in the Capitol of Belgium,
>> but always have to search on YouTube for it because I can't remember.
>>
>> N.
>>

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQLCZOG202k
>
> The number of performers is greater than the audience!
>
> Current actors and actresses could learn a lot about diction from Julie
> Andrews!!!!!!!!!!!

Apperently Antwwerp Station is the perfect place for flashmobs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_hlvRNgGOQ

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 20 Dec 2018 10:05:58 -0700, notbob > wrote:

> It's that time and I've got the rhyme.
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXh7JR9oKVE
> It still makes me "misty", every time I see it.

An excellent, polished performance especially given the "venue". I
wonder where the director was hiding. I don't think it could have been
the women with the mobile phone.

Thanks for posting the link.

--
Bob
St Francis would have done better to preach to the cats
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Thanks, Jill, and Happy Holidays to you ;-)). Our Christmas may be wet, but with
rain, not snow.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Thanks for,the "Greased Lightning" link, Jill...I didn't realize there were other flash mobs at
Antwerp. Mi think it is the acoustics and size of the venue. The sound system isn't too shabby,
either. ;-))

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/21/2018 9:02 AM, Nancy2 wrote:
> Thanks for,the "Greased Lightning" link, Jill...I didn't realize there were other flash mobs at
> Antwerp. Mi think it is the acoustics and size of the venue. The sound system isn't too shabby,
> either. ;-))
>
> N.

You're welcome! The acoustics are great, kind of like singing in the
shower is great.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-12-20 9:59 p.m., graham wrote:
> On 2018-12-20 7:49 p.m., Nancy2 wrote:
>>
>> That's lovely, but my absolute favorite...always makes me tear up,
>> don't know why...is the
>> Julie Andrews one at the airport, "Doe, a deer,...."Â* I think it was
>> the airport in the Capitol of Belgium,
>> but always have to search on YouTube for it because I can't remember.
>>
>> N.
>>

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQLCZOG202k
>
> The number of performers is greater than the audience!

It was like that with the flash mob messiah at the Seaway Mall. The
food court appeared to be unusually busy, but then most of the people
there were the performers. As I watched this one I wondered how they
could organize a group dance in the middle of a busy train station
without commuters and travels getting in between. As the production
grew it became apparent that most of the random travellers were actually
part of it and were probably strategically standing or moving to block
the area.

> Current actors and actresses could learn a lot about diction from Julie
> Andrews!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/21/2018 8:58 AM, Nancy2 wrote:
> Thanks, Jill, and Happy Holidays to you ;-)). Our Christmas may be wet, but with
> rain, not snow.
>
> N.

It will probably be wet and rainy here, too.

I wonder where these people rehearse? Surely no one has a place as
large as Antwerp Station to practice synchronized dancing. Things that
make you go "Hmmmm."

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/21/2018 9:55 AM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2018-12-20 9:59 p.m., graham wrote:
>> On 2018-12-20 7:49 p.m., Nancy2 wrote:
>>>
>>> That's lovely, but my absolute favorite...always makes me tear up,
>>> don't know why...is the
>>> Julie Andrews one at the airport, "Doe, a deer,...."Â* I think it was
>>> the airport in the Capitol of Belgium,
>>> but always have to search on YouTube for it because I can't remember.
>>>
>>> N.
>>>

>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQLCZOG202k
>>
>> The number of performers is greater than the audience!

> It was like that with the flash mob messiah at the Seaway Mall.Â* The
> food court appeared to be unusually busy, but then most of the people
> there were the performers.Â*Â* As I watched this one I wondered how they
> could organize a group dance in the middle of a busy train station
> without commuters and travelsÂ* getting in between. As the production
> grew it became apparent that most of the random travellers were actually
> part of it and were probably strategically standing or moving to block
> the area.

I still have to wonder where they rehearse. An empty theatre? It's not
as if you can shut down a busy train station to coordinate the dance
moves. Fun to watch. I've never seen a flashmob in person.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-12-21 9:58 a.m., jmcquown wrote:
> On 12/21/2018 8:58 AM, Nancy2 wrote:
>> Thanks, Jill, and Happy Holidays to you ;-)). Our Christmas may be
>> wet, but with
>> rain, not snow.
>>
>> N.
>>

> It will probably be wet and rainy here, too.
>
> I wonder where these people rehearse?Â* Surely no one has a place as
> large as Antwerp Station to practice synchronized dancing.Â* Things that
> make you go "Hmmmm."

You also have to wonder about the placement of all the high quality
cameras and sound equipment.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

I think a high school gymnasium would work great. And the music for a rehearsal wouldn't
have to be all that great.

As to video equipment, it's amazing what equipment is out there that does professional quality
video that makes amateurs appear great. ;-))

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

The sound equipment...because of all the marble...is probably just the speaker equipment they
use for regular announcements, maybe with some additional amplifiers.

N.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

I saw a flash mob that performed around the fresh produce section of a local supermarket...small
"mob," but very well done (by high school students).

N.