Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default First meal in our new home

Yesterday we closed on the house but with no furniture, it was not
possible to stay there. We've been at my son's house for a few days,
but left this morning.today. cable/internet was installed, refrigerator
delivered, bed for spare room delivered.

So this morning, I had what we needed for a memorable meal. Yes. coffee
and tea, and toast with PB&J. Certainly won't be forgotten!

Two trips to the store so far for all the things we need but could not
carry. One trip was all hard good, second trip a combination with some
foods and staples.

Next couple of weeks will be busy with things like shades, outdoor
furniture, and a new Napoleon grill.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, December 19, 2018 at 7:28:48 PM UTC-6, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> Yesterday we closed on the house but with no furniture, it was not
> possible to stay there. We've been at my son's house for a few days,
> but left this morning.today. cable/internet was installed, refrigerator
> delivered, bed for spare room delivered.

It's kind of exciting moving into a brand spanking new place, isn't??

> So this morning, I had what we needed for a memorable meal. Yes. coffee
> and tea, and toast with PB&J. Certainly won't be forgotten!

Toast with peanut butter & jelly is good! Probably pretty filling, too.

> Two trips to the store so far for all the things we need but could not
> carry. One trip was all hard good, second trip a combination with some
> foods and staples.

And you'll probably make a few more trips before you get everything you
need.

> Next couple of weeks will be busy with things like shades, outdoor
> furniture, and a new Napoleon grill.

And while doing all those new chores you'll probably need nothing more
than a sweater or very light jacket while outside.

Enjoy and keep us updated on your progress.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 19 Dec 2018 17:40:12 -0800 (PST), "
> wrote:

>On Wednesday, December 19, 2018 at 7:28:48 PM UTC-6, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>>
>> Yesterday we closed on the house but with no furniture, it was not
>> possible to stay there. We've been at my son's house for a few days,
>> but left this morning.today. cable/internet was installed, refrigerator
>> delivered, bed for spare room delivered.
>>

>It's kind of exciting moving into a brand spanking new place, isn't??
>>
>> So this morning, I had what we needed for a memorable meal. Yes. coffee
>> and tea, and toast with PB&J. Certainly won't be forgotten!
>>

>Toast with peanut butter & jelly is good! Probably pretty filling, too.

Careful, you might get Elvis Presley syndrome and we all know how that
ended!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, December 19, 2018 at 7:44:01 PM UTC-6, Bruce wrote:

> On Wed, 19 Dec 2018 17:40:12 -0800 (PST), "
> > wrote:
>
> >Toast with peanut butter & jelly is good! Probably pretty filling, too.

> Careful, you might get Elvis Presley syndrome and we all know how that
> ended!

I think he liked his with banana and bacon and then fried in butter.
(Heart attack on a plate.) But peanut butter on toast is heavenly
especially when that p. b. gets warm and gooey.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/19/2018 8:28 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> Yesterday we closed on the house but with no furniture, it was not
> possible to stay there.Â* We've been at my son's house for a few days,
> but left this morning.today. cable/internet was installed, refrigerator
> delivered, bed for spare room delivered.
>
> So this morning, I had what we needed for a memorable meal.Â* Yes. coffee
> and tea, and toast with PB&J.Â* Certainly won't be forgotten!
>
> Two trips to the store so far for all the things we need but could not
> carry.Â* One trip was all hard good, second trip a combination with some
> foods and staples.
>
> Next couple of weeks will be busy with things like shades, outdoor
> furniture, and a new Napoleon grill.

Kudos on the memorable PB&J toast. Here's hoping you get settled in
very soon! Moving is a PITA but it surely is the best way to declutter.
It's nice you were able to stay at your son's house for a few days
rather than in a hotel.

I see you have your priorities straight. Cable/internet up and
running. Yes, you can connect to RFC. Heh. If you hadn't told us I
doubt we'd have known you were in the process of moving. No major
internet interruptus!

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 19 Dec 2018 17:49:07 -0800 (PST), "
> wrote:

>On Wednesday, December 19, 2018 at 7:44:01 PM UTC-6, Bruce wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, 19 Dec 2018 17:40:12 -0800 (PST), "
>> > wrote:
>>
>> >Toast with peanut butter & jelly is good! Probably pretty filling, too.

>> Careful, you might get Elvis Presley syndrome and we all know how that
>> ended!
>>

>I think he liked his with banana and bacon and then fried in butter.
>(Heart attack on a plate.) But peanut butter on toast is heavenly
>especially when that p. b. gets warm and gooey.

Yes, that sounds good. I'm not sure about the addition of jelly/jam,
though. Too many somethings spoil the something.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 19 Dec 2018 20:28:39 -0500, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>Yesterday we closed on the house but with no furniture, it was not
>possible to stay there. We've been at my son's house for a few days,
>but left this morning.today. cable/internet was installed, refrigerator
>delivered, bed for spare room delivered.
>
>So this morning, I had what we needed for a memorable meal. Yes. coffee
>and tea, and toast with PB&J. Certainly won't be forgotten!
>
>Two trips to the store so far for all the things we need but could not
>carry. One trip was all hard good, second trip a combination with some
>foods and staples.
>
>Next couple of weeks will be busy with things like shades, outdoor
>furniture, and a new Napoleon grill.

Congratulations! Enjoy yourselves getting set up.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-12-19 8:28 p.m., Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> Yesterday we closed on the house but with no furniture, it was not
> possible to stay there.Â* We've been at my son's house for a few days,
> but left this morning.today. cable/internet was installed, refrigerator
> delivered, bed for spare room delivered.
>
> So this morning, I had what we needed for a memorable meal.Â* Yes. coffee
> and tea, and toast with PB&J.Â* Certainly won't be forgotten!
>
> Two trips to the store so far for all the things we need but could not
> carry.Â* One trip was all hard good, second trip a combination with some
> foods and staples.
>
> Next couple of weeks will be busy with things like shades, outdoor
> furniture, and a new Napoleon grill.

Are you waiting for your old furniture to be delivered or are you
starting getting all new stuff?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/20/2018 11:47 AM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2018-12-19 8:28 p.m., Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>> Yesterday we closed on the house but with no furniture, it was not
>> possible to stay there.Â* We've been at my son's house for a few days,
>> but left this morning.today. cable/internet was installed,
>> refrigerator delivered, bed for spare room delivered.
>>
>> So this morning, I had what we needed for a memorable meal.Â* Yes.
>> coffee and tea, and toast with PB&J.Â* Certainly won't be forgotten!
>>
>> Two trips to the store so far for all the things we need but could not
>> carry.Â* One trip was all hard good, second trip a combination with
>> some foods and staples.
>>
>> Next couple of weeks will be busy with things like shades, outdoor
>> furniture, and a new Napoleon grill.

> Are you waiting for your old furniture to be delivered or are you
> starting getting all new stuff?

Both. We did get some new things but the bulk is existing stuff. We
gave away a lot, trashed a lot and are still probably bringing more than
we need. In the same house for 37 years you accumulate a lot of "stuff".
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-12-20 3:41 p.m., Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 12/20/2018 11:47 AM, Dave Smith wrote:

>>> Next couple of weeks will be busy with things like shades, outdoor
>>> furniture, and a new Napoleon grill.

>> Are you waiting for your old furniture to be delivered or are you
>> starting getting all new stuff?
>>

> Both.Â* We did get some new things but the bulk is existing stuff. We
> gave away a lot, trashed a lot and are still probably bringing more than
> we need.Â* In the same house for 37 years you accumulate a lot of "stuff".

Tell me about it. These days I am more likely to go through the house
and round up stuff to take to the dump than to go out and buy more stuff.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/20/2018 3:41 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 12/20/2018 11:47 AM, Dave Smith wrote:
>> On 2018-12-19 8:28 p.m., Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>>> Yesterday we closed on the house but with no furniture, it was not
>>> possible to stay there.Â* We've been at my son's house for a few days,
>>> but left this morning.today. cable/internet was installed,
>>> refrigerator delivered, bed for spare room delivered.
>>>
>>> So this morning, I had what we needed for a memorable meal.Â* Yes.
>>> coffee and tea, and toast with PB&J.Â* Certainly won't be forgotten!
>>>
>>> Two trips to the store so far for all the things we need but could
>>> not carry.Â* One trip was all hard good, second trip a combination
>>> with some foods and staples.
>>>
>>> Next couple of weeks will be busy with things like shades, outdoor
>>> furniture, and a new Napoleon grill.

>> Are you waiting for your old furniture to be delivered or are you
>> starting getting all new stuff?
>>

> Both.Â* We did get some new things but the bulk is existing stuff. We
> gave away a lot, trashed a lot and are still probably bringing more than
> we need.Â* In the same house for 37 years you accumulate a lot of "stuff".

I lived in my last apartment for 12 years. When I moved I rented a
dumpster. There was a neighbor I'd never actually met who was literally
taking things out of the dumpster. He knocked on my door and said he
wanted to come inside to see what else I had. What? NO. That was weird.

Jill