Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Ideas for Canned Mackerel?

I need to consume large amounts of protein tomorrow morning for a
blood test. I'm often failing the protein test by .1 (5.9 when 6.0
is required) even though I cram for it. I bought some protein
drinks, and 15oz cans of salmon and mackerel (already ate the 12oz
can of tuna tonight).

Nothing with bell peppers please. I don't like bell peppers.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

Sqwertz wrote:

> I need to consume large amounts of protein tomorrow morning for a
> blood test. I'm often failing the protein test by .1 (5.9 when 6.0
> is required) even though I cram for it. I bought some protein
> drinks, and 15oz cans of salmon and mackerel (already ate the 12oz
> can of tuna tonight).

*No* one here gives an uck - fay about your foney - baloney "health" issues, you nonsensical ululating two - bit midget...

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, lid
says...

> I need to consume large amounts of protein tomorrow morning for a
> blood test. I'm often failing the protein test by .1 (5.9 when 6.0
> is required) even though I cram for it. I bought some protein
> drinks, and 15oz cans of salmon and mackerel (already ate the 12oz
> can of tuna tonight).

Mackerel pate.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeands...3/tinned-fish-
recipes-sardines-anchovies

" 2 120-125g cans mackerel fillets in oil, or similar canned oily fish
fillets
1 tsp English mustard
1 tbsp creme fraiche
Pinch of cayenne pepper
Lemon juice
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper Wholemeal toast or oatcakes, to
serve

"Drain the oil from the cans of mackerel, and tip the fish into the
bowl of a food processor. Add the mustard, creme fraiche, cayenne, some
black pepper and a good squeeze of lemon. Blitz to a thick paste,
stopping several times along the way to scrape down the sides of the
processor. Taste and add salt, if necessary (the canned fish is already
quite salty), and more pepper or lemon juice, if you like.

Serve the pté spread thickly on toast or oatcakes"

A favourite instant snack of mine, is canned sardines (in oil, not
the tomato sauce ones) mashed up, spread on hot buttered toast; squeeze
over some fresh lemon juice.

I'm jealous you get to stuff your face before blood tests; mine
requires a 12 hour fast :-)

Janet UK
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Feed it to the cat.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, December 16, 2018 at 11:38:44 PM UTC-5, Sqwertz wrote:
> I need to consume large amounts of protein tomorrow morning for a
> blood test. I'm often failing the protein test by .1 (5.9 when 6.0
> is required) even though I cram for it. I bought some protein
> drinks, and 15oz cans of salmon and mackerel (already ate the 12oz
> can of tuna tonight).

Is this a serious request? I mean, if you "fail" the test, are
"they" going to imprison you or shoot you or force you to take horrible
medications or what?

I'll assume your request is legit, so try this with the mackerel:
https://www.maangchi.com/recipe/kimchi-camping-stew
Simple and surprisingly good, whether you're out camping
or at home trying to cheat for a test :-).

--
Silvar Beitel
Posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

Silvar Beitel wrote:

> On Sunday, December 16, 2018 at 11:38:44 PM UTC-5, Sqwertz wrote:
> > I need to consume large amounts of protein tomorrow morning for a
> > blood test. I'm often failing the protein test by .1 (5.9 when 6.0
> > is required) even though I cram for it. I bought some protein
> > drinks, and 15oz cans of salmon and mackerel (already ate the 12oz
> > can of tuna tonight).

> Is this a serious request? I mean, if you "fail" the test, are
> "they" going to imprison you or shoot you or force you to take horrible
> medications or what?

Lol...as Steve's mere existence is a "fail", none of the aforementioned punishments would be any worse than his daily life...

--
Best
Greg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

sqwertz wrotea:

> I need to consume large amounts of protein tomorrow morning for a
> blood test. I'm often failing the protein test by .1 (5.9 when 6.0
> is required) even though I cram for it. I bought some protein
> drinks, and 15oz cans of salmon and mackerel (already ate the 12oz
> can of tuna tonight).

Double up on your usual cheapo tube steak and vienna saw-seege.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

Sheldon wrote:

> sqwertz wrotea:
> >
> > I need to consume large amounts of protein tomorrow morning for a
> > blood test. I'm often failing the protein test by .1 (5.9 when 6.0
> > is required) even though I cram for it. I bought some protein
> > drinks, and 15oz cans of salmon and mackerel (already ate the 12oz
> > can of tuna tonight).

> Double up on your usual cheapo tube steak and vienna saw-seege.

Or he could go out and blow a bunch of dudes to "up" that protein "ante"...and since he's a midget he won't even have to invest in kneepads, lol :

https://examine.com/nutrition/is-semen-high-in-protein/

"Is semen high in protein?

Yes. Semen is 50% protein by weight and contains a variety of nutrients to protect the sperm cells from damages.

Semen Composition

Protein:

Semen contains both albumin (a protein structure) and free amino acids. The proteins come from the prostate, whereas the amino acids come from the seminal vesicles. A review of several studies found the average amount to be 5040mg/100mL, whereas albumin made up 1550mg of the 5040mg. Although an overall percentage is impossible to calculate due to varying specific gravities of semen and protein content, it is close to 50% protein by weight..."

</>

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 17 Dec 2018 23:08:14 -0000 (UTC), Wayne Boatwright
> wrote:
>
>The very thought of canned mackerel makes me cringe. OTOH, canned
>tuna I do like for tuna salad or as a sandwich filling. I've never
>cared for any hot preparation of tuna; e.g., tuna noodle casserole
>or tuna patties. I do like salmon patties, however.

There's (1) canned mackerel in tall round cans. The chunks are big and
have the bone still in them. And there's (2) mackerel fillet in oil,
in flat rounded rectangular cans. I love (1) as an alternative to
salmon in patties. I love (2) for everything else. I also love the
smaller Atlantic fresh mackerels, but I can't get them in Australia. I
think it's a great fish.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

GM wrote:
> Sheldon wrote:
>
>> sqwertz wrotea:
>>>
>>> I need to consume large amounts of protein tomorrow morning for a
>>> blood test. I'm often failing the protein test by .1 (5.9 when 6.0
>>> is required) even though I cram for it. I bought some protein
>>> drinks, and 15oz cans of salmon and mackerel (already ate the 12oz
>>> can of tuna tonight).

>> Double up on your usual cheapo tube steak and vienna saw-seege.

> Or he could go out and blow a bunch of dudes to "up" that protein "ante"...and since he's a midget he won't even have to invest in kneepads, lol :
>
> https://examine.com/nutrition/is-semen-high-in-protein/
>
> "Is semen high in protein?
>
> Yes. Semen is 50% protein by weight and contains a variety of nutrients to protect the sperm cells from damages.
>
> Semen Composition
>
> Protein:
>
> Semen contains both albumin (a protein structure) and free amino acids. The proteins come from the prostate, whereas the amino acids come from the seminal vesicles. A review of several studies found the average amount to be 5040mg/100mL, whereas albumin made up 1550mg of the 5040mg. Although an overall percentage is impossible to calculate due to varying specific gravities of semen and protein content, it is close to 50% protein by weight..."
>
> </>

So, it might not be all the spinach that gives Popeye his super strength.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 17 Dec 2018 17:04:58 -0000, Janet wrote:

> In article >, lid
> says...
>>
>> I need to consume large amounts of protein tomorrow morning for a
>> blood test. I'm often failing the protein test by .1 (5.9 when 6.0
>> is required) even though I cram for it. I bought some protein
>> drinks, and 15oz cans of salmon and mackerel (already ate the 12oz
>> can of tuna tonight).

> Mackerel pate.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeands...3/tinned-fish-
> recipes-sardines-anchovies
>
> " 2 120-125g cans mackerel fillets in oil, or similar canned oily fish
> fillets
> 1 tsp English mustard
> 1 tbsp creme fraiche
> Pinch of cayenne pepper
> Lemon juice
> Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper Wholemeal toast or oatcakes, to
> serve

This probably requires the "Good" mackerel. I have the cheap shit :-)

> I'm jealous you get to stuff your face before blood tests; mine
> requires a 12 hour fast :-)

They're not testing for diabetes. Mostly just communicable diseases
and general health markers.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, lid
says...

> On Mon, 17 Dec 2018 17:04:58 -0000, Janet wrote:
>
> > In article >,
lid
> > says...
> >>
> >> I need to consume large amounts of protein tomorrow morning for a
> >> blood test. I'm often failing the protein test by .1 (5.9 when 6.0
> >> is required) even though I cram for it. I bought some protein
> >> drinks, and 15oz cans of salmon and mackerel (already ate the 12oz
> >> can of tuna tonight).

> > Mackerel pate.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeands...3/tinned-fish-
> > recipes-sardines-anchovies
> >
> > " 2 120-125g cans mackerel fillets in oil, or similar canned oily fish
> > fillets
> > 1 tsp English mustard
> > 1 tbsp creme fraiche
> > Pinch of cayenne pepper
> > Lemon juice
> > Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper Wholemeal toast or oatcakes, to
> > serve

> This probably requires the "Good" mackerel. I have the cheap shit :-)
>
> > I'm jealous you get to stuff your face before blood tests; mine
> > requires a 12 hour fast :-)

> They're not testing for diabetes.

Neither is mine; I'm not diabetic. My annual *fasted* blood test is
part of my standard NHS health review, among other things it measures
various blood lipids plus liver and kidney function.

Janet UK

> Mostly just communicable diseases
> and general health markers.
>
> -sw

Tin of mackerel too big john east[_3_] General Cooking 27 20-04-2012 12:08 AM
Pasta with Canned Mackerel Karen[_9_] Recipes (moderated) 0 16-04-2007 05:52 PM
Canned Apples and Canned Peaches [email protected] General Cooking 0 05-10-2006 11:27 PM
mackerel Danny Sushi 42 06-02-2006 05:04 PM
CANNED MACKEREL ANTHONY MARINO Recipes 0 21-09-2004 02:47 AM