Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default I'm not coming back!

Wife and I took a grandson and girlfriend to dinner at a 99 Restaurant.
It is a popular chain in New England.

Dinner was good and the waitress brought the check. After I paid, she
stain, "thank you, hope to see you again" Then I sai, it was good, but
I'm not coming back" That got her all flustered.

I explained that the next morning we were leaving for a move to Florida
and may never return. That got a laugh out of her. We left Thursday
around noon and got here today about 3:30. Closing on new house is next
Tuesday.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, December 15, 2018 at 7:46:57 PM UTC-6, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> Wife and I took a grandson and girlfriend to dinner at a 99 Restaurant.
> It is a popular chain in New England.
>
> Dinner was good and the waitress brought the check. After I paid, she
> stain, "thank you, hope to see you again" Then I sai, it was good, but
> I'm not coming back" That got her all flustered.
>
> I explained that the next morning we were leaving for a move to Florida
> and may never return. That got a laugh out of her. We left Thursday
> around noon and got here today about 3:30. Closing on new house is next
> Tuesday.

Congrats Ed! You have my address? I have your old one on file but will need your new address in FL! Christmas Candy 2018! Email me!

John Kuthe,

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, December 15, 2018 at 7:46:57 PM UTC-6, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> We left Thursday
> around noon and got here today about 3:30. Closing on new house is next
> Tuesday.

Glad you arrived safely and hope you enjoy your new home to the max!!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/15/2018 8:46 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> WifeÂ* and I took a grandson and girlfriend to dinner at a 99 Restaurant.
> Â*It is a popular chain in New England.
>
> Dinner was good and the waitress brought the check.Â* After I paid, she
> stain, "thank you, hope to see you again"Â* Then I sai, it was good, but
> I'm not coming back"Â* That got her all flustered.

You scamp!

> I explained that the next morning we were leaving for a move to Florida
> and may never return.Â* That got a laugh out of her.Â* We left Thursday
> around noon and got here today about 3:30.Â* Closing on new house is next
> Tuesday.

Just in time to miss Winter!

Congratulations, I'm very happy for you guys.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, Ed Pawlowski >
wrote:

> Wife and I took a grandson and girlfriend to dinner at a 99 Restaurant.
> It is a popular chain in New England.
>
> Dinner was good and the waitress brought the check. After I paid, she
> stain, "thank you, hope to see you again" Then I sai, it was good, but
> I'm not coming back" That got her all flustered.
>
> I explained that the next morning we were leaving for a move to Florida
> and may never return. That got a laugh out of her. We left Thursday
> around noon and got here today about 3:30. Closing on new house is next
> Tuesday.

Your subject line got my attention. Go hither and yon, but come back
"here". May you have no problems settling in. The next time I move will
be to a old folks home against my will, if I'm lucky.

[ObFood] I made Christmas cheese tonight. I posted the recipe here in
2011 in a post to sf, but you all probably forgot it. If you hate
gorgonzola, you'll hate this. It goes well with wheat thins.

<https://www.dropbox.com/s/kf02mizw8r...masCheese.txt?
dl=0>

leo

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in message
> Wife and I took a grandson and girlfriend to dinner at a 99 Restaurant.
> It is a popular chain in New England.
>
> Dinner was good and the waitress brought the check. After I paid, she
> stain, "thank you, hope to see you again" Then I sai, it was good, but
> I'm not coming back" That got her all flustered.
>
> I explained that the next morning we were leaving for a move to Florida
> and may never return. That got a laugh out of her. We left Thursday
> around noon and got here today about 3:30. Closing on new house is next
> Tuesday.

Good for you Ed, I wish you and your wife all good things in your new home.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

The title made me think this was yet another Kuthe post.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 15 Dec 2018 19:20:16 -0800, Leonard Blaisdell wrote:

> [ObFood] I made Christmas cheese tonight. I posted the recipe here in
> 2011 in a post to sf, but you all probably forgot it. If you hate
> gorgonzola, you'll hate this. It goes well with wheat thins.
>
> <https://www.dropbox.com/s/kf02mizw8r...masCheese.txt?
> dl=0>

I'll ask the mouse who lives in my kitchen walls if I can borrow his
food processor to mince 1.5ts of onion :-)

I think I'll try this with a good blue cheese. Since I can't find
CreamyGorg anymore and all the other domestic and imports I've tried
are bitter (I have defective bitter taste buds).

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 16 Dec 2018, Ed Pawlowski wrote
(in article >):

> Wife and I took a grandson and girlfriend to dinner at a 99 Restaurant.
> It is a popular chain in New England.
>
> Dinner was good and the waitress brought the check. After I paid, she
> stain, "thank you, hope to see you again" Then I sai, it was good, but
> I'm not coming back" That got her all flustered.
>
> I explained that the next morning we were leaving for a move to Florida
> and may never return. That got a laugh out of her. We left Thursday
> around noon and got here today about 3:30. Closing on new house is next
> Tuesday.

Good luck. It sounds nice, and at least you will have respectable
temperatures at this time of year.

I doubt I would be able to cope with the summer heat and humidity in that
part of the world, though.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 15 Dec 2018 20:46:55 -0500, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>Wife and I took a grandson and girlfriend to dinner at a 99 Restaurant.
> It is a popular chain in New England.
>
>Dinner was good and the waitress brought the check. After I paid, she
>stain, "thank you, hope to see you again" Then I sai, it was good, but
>I'm not coming back" That got her all flustered.
>
>I explained that the next morning we were leaving for a move to Florida
>and may never return. That got a laugh out of her. We left Thursday
>around noon and got here today about 3:30. Closing on new house is next
>Tuesday.

Wishing you all the best and happy, warm days

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/16/2018 5:17 AM, Fruitiest of Fruitcakes wrote:
> On 16 Dec 2018, Ed Pawlowski wrote
> (in article >):
>
>> Wife and I took a grandson and girlfriend to dinner at a 99 Restaurant.
>> It is a popular chain in New England.
>>
>> Dinner was good and the waitress brought the check. After I paid, she
>> stain, "thank you, hope to see you again" Then I sai, it was good, but
>> I'm not coming back" That got her all flustered.
>>
>> I explained that the next morning we were leaving for a move to Florida
>> and may never return. That got a laugh out of her. We left Thursday
>> around noon and got here today about 3:30. Closing on new house is next
>> Tuesday.

> Good luck. It sounds nice, and at least you will have respectable
> temperatures at this time of year.
>
> I doubt I would be able to cope with the summer heat and humidity in that
> part of the world, though.

In July and August I will pay homage to Mr. Lennox and his invention of
the air conditioner.

In winter we holed up near the wood stove and the dark and dreary days.
Now we will hole up in front of the AC, but look out at bright sun.
Today, not only is it 30 degrees warmer, but sunset is 1 hr 20 min. later.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/16/2018 8:34 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 12/16/2018 5:17 AM, Fruitiest of Fruitcakes wrote:

>> Good luck. It sounds nice, and at least you will have respectable
>> temperatures at this time of year.
>>
>> I doubt I would be able to cope with the summer heat and humidity in that
>> part of the world, though.
>>

> In July and August I will pay homage to Mr. Lennox and his invention of
> the air conditioner.
>
> In winter we holed up near the wood stove and the dark and dreary days.
> Now we will hole up in front of the AC, but look out at bright sun.
> Today, not only is it 30 degrees warmer, but sunset is 1 hr 20 min. later.

Florida is quite west of Connecticut. I don't know where you are but
it's amazing how far west if you check the longitude.

I'm a lot closer to Connecticut than to Florida, but I have found
myself with the a/c on all summer, these days. Used to be there
would be a couple of weeks with the windows closed but much of the
time the heat was tolerable. Not any more. Record heat every
summer. Might as well be in Florida.

nancy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, December 16, 2018 at 7:49:38 AM UTC-6, Nancy Young wrote:

> I'm a lot closer to Connecticut than to Florida, but I have found
> myself with the a/c on all summer, these days. Used to be there
> would be a couple of weeks with the windows closed but much of the
> time the heat was tolerable. Not any more. Record heat every
> summer. Might as well be in Florida.
>
> nancy

Still driving that PETROLEUM BURNER??!!

Global WARMING has happened several notable times on The Planet! Like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1LdMWlNYS4&t=180s

CONGRATS YUMANS!!! WE DID IT AGAIN!!!! :-(

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/16/2018 8:49 AM, Nancy Young wrote:

> Florida is quite west of Connecticut.Â* I don't know where you are but
> it's amazing how far west if you check the longitude.
>

> nancy

I knew that, but never bothered to check. It is 11 degrees difference
(82 vs 71) and each degree is roughly 69 miles. I'm amazed at 759
miles! Never would have guessed that much.

Thanks Nancy, for the reminder.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, Sqwertz
> wrote:

> On Sat, 15 Dec 2018 19:20:16 -0800, Leonard Blaisdell wrote:
>
> > [ObFood] I made Christmas cheese tonight. I posted the recipe here in
> > 2011 in a post to sf, but you all probably forgot it. If you hate
> > gorgonzola, you'll hate this. It goes well with wheat thins.
> >
> > <https://www.dropbox.com/s/kf02mizw8r...masCheese.txt?
> > dl=0>

> I'll ask the mouse who lives in my kitchen walls if I can borrow his
> food processor to mince 1.5ts of onion :-)

I minced mine with a chef's knife this year. I just couldn't see
dragging out the food processor for exactly what you said. I used to
make the cheese for friends and relatives and used a couple of
tablespoons.

leo
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 16 Dec 2018 08:34:18 -0500, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>On 12/16/2018 5:17 AM, Fruitiest of Fruitcakes wrote:
>> On 16 Dec 2018, Ed Pawlowski wrote
>> (in article >):
>>
>>> Wife and I took a grandson and girlfriend to dinner at a 99 Restaurant.
>>> It is a popular chain in New England.
>>>
>>> Dinner was good and the waitress brought the check. After I paid, she
>>> stain, "thank you, hope to see you again" Then I sai, it was good, but
>>> I'm not coming back" That got her all flustered.
>>>
>>> I explained that the next morning we were leaving for a move to Florida
>>> and may never return. That got a laugh out of her. We left Thursday
>>> around noon and got here today about 3:30. Closing on new house is next
>>> Tuesday.

>> Good luck. It sounds nice, and at least you will have respectable
>> temperatures at this time of year.
>>
>> I doubt I would be able to cope with the summer heat and humidity in that
>> part of the world, though.
>>

>In July and August I will pay homage to Mr. Lennox and his invention of
>the air conditioner.
>
>In winter we holed up near the wood stove and the dark and dreary days.
>Now we will hole up in front of the AC, but look out at bright sun.
>Today, not only is it 30 degrees warmer, but sunset is 1 hr 20 min. later.

Smart move.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 16 Dec 2018 08:34:18 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> In July and August I will pay homage to Mr. Lennox and his invention of
> the air conditioner.

Lennox and Trane were pioneers of heating systems and furnaces.
Carrier invented the air conditioner. And the Snow Meister invented
the freezer.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 15 Dec 2018 20:46:55 -0500, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>Wife and I took a grandson and girlfriend to dinner at a 99 Restaurant.
> It is a popular chain in New England.
>
>Dinner was good and the waitress brought the check. After I paid, she
>stain, "thank you, hope to see you again" Then I sai, it was good, but
>I'm not coming back" That got her all flustered.
>
>I explained that the next morning we were leaving for a move to Florida
>and may never return. That got a laugh out of her. We left Thursday
>around noon and got here today about 3:30. Closing on new house is next
>Tuesday.

Good luck and enjoy your new digs... plant some palms.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/15/2018 8:46 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> WifeÂ* and I took a grandson and girlfriend to dinner at a 99 Restaurant.
> Â*It is a popular chain in New England.
>
> Dinner was good and the waitress brought the check.Â* After I paid, she
> stain, "thank you, hope to see you again"Â* Then I sai, it was good, but
> I'm not coming back"Â* That got her all flustered.
>
> I explained that the next morning we were leaving for a move to Florida
> and may never return.Â* That got a laugh out of her.Â* We left Thursday
> around noon and got here today about 3:30.Â* Closing on new house is next
> Tuesday.

I hope you truly enjoy your new house, Ed!

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message ...

Wife and I took a grandson and girlfriend to dinner at a 99 Restaurant.
It is a popular chain in New England.

Dinner was good and the waitress brought the check. After I paid, she
stain, "thank you, hope to see you again" Then I sai, it was good, but
I'm not coming back" That got her all flustered.

I explained that the next morning we were leaving for a move to Florida
and may never return. That got a laugh out of her. We left Thursday
around noon and got here today about 3:30. Closing on new house is next
Tuesday.

===

Best wishes that you settle in well and you both love your new house!!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 17 Dec 2018 07:39:50 -0000, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message ...
>
>Wife and I took a grandson and girlfriend to dinner at a 99 Restaurant.
> It is a popular chain in New England.
>
>Dinner was good and the waitress brought the check. After I paid, she
>stain, "thank you, hope to see you again" Then I sai, it was good, but
>I'm not coming back" That got her all flustered.
>
>I explained that the next morning we were leaving for a move to Florida
>and may never return. That got a laugh out of her. We left Thursday
>around noon and got here today about 3:30. Closing on new house is next
>Tuesday.

That would be Christmas Day... perhaps they'll wrap your front door
with Christmas paper. . .

>===
>
>Best wishes that you settle in well and you both love your new house!!

Coming soon modom (palindrome guy)[_3_] General Cooking 0 14-04-2009 03:57 AM
Coming back Piedmont[_3_] Barbecue 19 14-03-2009 06:53 PM
Justin Wilson's "Looking Back" reruns coming to RFD TV in May Rusty General Cooking 3 23-04-2006 02:11 PM