Old 16-12-2018, 04:32 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default I'm not coming back!

In article , Sqwertz
wrote:

On Sat, 15 Dec 2018 19:20:16 -0800, Leonard Blaisdell wrote:

[ObFood] I made Christmas cheese tonight. I posted the recipe here in
2011 in a post to sf, but you all probably forgot it. If you hate
gorgonzola, you'll hate this. It goes well with wheat thins.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kf02mizw8r...masCheese.txt?
dl=0

I'll ask the mouse who lives in my kitchen walls if I can borrow his
food processor to mince 1.5ts of onion :-)

I minced mine with a chef's knife this year. I just couldn't see
dragging out the food processor for exactly what you said. I used to
make the cheese for friends and relatives and used a couple of
tablespoons.

leo

Old 16-12-2018, 07:23 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 16 Dec 2018 08:34:18 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 12/16/2018 5:17 AM, Fruitiest of Fruitcakes wrote:
On 16 Dec 2018, Ed Pawlowski wrote
(in article ):

Wife and I took a grandson and girlfriend to dinner at a 99 Restaurant.
It is a popular chain in New England.

Dinner was good and the waitress brought the check. After I paid, she
stain, "thank you, hope to see you again" Then I sai, it was good, but
I'm not coming back" That got her all flustered.

I explained that the next morning we were leaving for a move to Florida
and may never return. That got a laugh out of her. We left Thursday
around noon and got here today about 3:30. Closing on new house is next
Tuesday.

Good luck. It sounds nice, and at least you will have respectable
temperatures at this time of year.

I doubt I would be able to cope with the summer heat and humidity in that
part of the world, though.

In July and August I will pay homage to Mr. Lennox and his invention of
the air conditioner.

In winter we holed up near the wood stove and the dark and dreary days.
Now we will hole up in front of the AC, but look out at bright sun.
Today, not only is it 30 degrees warmer, but sunset is 1 hr 20 min. later.

Smart move.
Old 16-12-2018, 08:43 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 16 Dec 2018 08:34:18 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

In July and August I will pay homage to Mr. Lennox and his invention of
the air conditioner.

Lennox and Trane were pioneers of heating systems and furnaces.
Carrier invented the air conditioner. And the Snow Meister invented
the freezer.

-sw
Old 16-12-2018, 11:11 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 15 Dec 2018 20:46:55 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Wife and I took a grandson and girlfriend to dinner at a 99 Restaurant.
It is a popular chain in New England.

Dinner was good and the waitress brought the check. After I paid, she
stain, "thank you, hope to see you again" Then I sai, it was good, but
I'm not coming back" That got her all flustered.

I explained that the next morning we were leaving for a move to Florida
and may never return. That got a laugh out of her. We left Thursday
around noon and got here today about 3:30. Closing on new house is next
Tuesday.

Good luck and enjoy your new digs... plant some palms.

Old 17-12-2018, 01:03 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/15/2018 8:46 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
Wife¬* and I took a grandson and girlfriend to dinner at a 99 Restaurant.
¬*It is a popular chain in New England.

Dinner was good and the waitress brought the check.¬* After I paid, she
stain, "thank you, hope to see you again"¬* Then I sai, it was good, but
I'm not coming back"¬* That got her all flustered.

I explained that the next morning we were leaving for a move to Florida
and may never return.¬* That got a laugh out of her.¬* We left Thursday
around noon and got here today about 3:30.¬* Closing on new house is next
Tuesday.

I hope you truly enjoy your new house, Ed!

Jill

Old 17-12-2018, 08:39 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message ...

Wife and I took a grandson and girlfriend to dinner at a 99 Restaurant.
It is a popular chain in New England.

Dinner was good and the waitress brought the check. After I paid, she
stain, "thank you, hope to see you again" Then I sai, it was good, but
I'm not coming back" That got her all flustered.

I explained that the next morning we were leaving for a move to Florida
and may never return. That got a laugh out of her. We left Thursday
around noon and got here today about 3:30. Closing on new house is next
Tuesday.

===

Best wishes that you settle in well and you both love your new house!!
Old 17-12-2018, 03:46 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 17 Dec 2018 07:39:50 -0000, "Ophelia"
wrote:

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message ...

Wife and I took a grandson and girlfriend to dinner at a 99 Restaurant.
It is a popular chain in New England.

Dinner was good and the waitress brought the check. After I paid, she
stain, "thank you, hope to see you again" Then I sai, it was good, but
I'm not coming back" That got her all flustered.

I explained that the next morning we were leaving for a move to Florida
and may never return. That got a laugh out of her. We left Thursday
around noon and got here today about 3:30. Closing on new house is next
Tuesday.

That would be Christmas Day... perhaps they'll wrap your front door
with Christmas paper. . .

===

Best wishes that you settle in well and you both love your new house!!

Coming soon modom (palindrome guy)[_3_] General Cooking 0 14-04-2009 03:57 AM
Coming back Piedmont[_3_] Barbecue 19 14-03-2009 06:53 PM
Justin Wilson's "Looking Back" reruns coming to RFD TV in May Rusty General Cooking 3 23-04-2006 02:11 PM