Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Tortilla Soup

On Friday, December 21, 2018 at 8:05:22 PM UTC-5, cshenk wrote:
> Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> > > Blaisdell wrote: >>>> In article >,

> > > us, but >>>>> sometimes they are a fail with nobody to blame but
> > > myself, live and learn. >>>>>

> > > it isn't >>>> very good, but there's soup in the cupboard and cold
> > > cuts in the fridge >>>> if she wants to serve herself. She always
> > > manages to choke the meal >>>> down without disturbing the cupboard
> > > or fridge. >>>> We're having stew meat stroganoff tonight. I've
> > > made it enough to know >>>> she'll like it. I'm serving buttered
> > > Dutch crunch loaf slices with it.

> > > piccata, >>> rice, and green beans. My track record on piccata
> > > isn't perfect, but >>> I managed quite a good one last night.

> > > Birthday >> to your husband!

> > > I honestly can't say I've ever bought Wonder bread. Seems to me my
> > > mother bought it when my brothers and I were young. Little red,
> > > yellow and blue balloons on the package? That's a vague memory.
> > >
> > > I don't buy veal very often. I'm not a huge fan of chicken,
> > > either. When I do buy chicken it's generally thighs. Or leg
> > > quarters for making a pot of chicken stew with dumplings.
> > >
> > > Jill

> > My husband strongly prefers Veal Parmesan, so that's what we usually
> > cook when we have veal at home. He hates mushrooms and I refrain
> > from cooking them, so I only get veal with morels when we go out.
> >
> > We like chicken (and turkey) quite a bit and eat a lot of it. Tonight
> > we're having chicken stir-fried with soy sauce and onions. Tomorrow
> > it'll be Sate Babi:
> >
> > Sate Babi (pork sate)
> >
> > 3 T finely chopped onion
> > 2 garlic cloves
> > 2 t galangal (laos)
> > 1 T peanut butter
> > 1 t lemongrass powder (sereh)
> > 1 t tumeric
> > 2 t coriander
> > 1.5 t cumin
> > 0.5 t red pepper flakes
> > 3 T lemon juice
> > 1.5 t salt
> > 1 T brown sugar
> > 1.25 C coconut milk
> > 1/2 C kecap manis (Indonesian sweet soy sauce)
> > 1 to 1.5 lb boneless pork
> >
> > The first N-1 ingredients are a marinade for the pork, which is cut
> > in cubes, skewered, and grilled. I usually reserve some of the
> > marinade as a dipping sauce.
> >
> > Cindy Hamilton

> I LOVE that recipe!

Thanks. I've had it for decades. I copied it out of a book from the
public library after dining at an Indonesian restaurant in Toronto.

Feel free to use fresh lemongrass instead of dried. Dried was all I
could get for quite a while, and I got used to its taste in this dish.

Incidentally, I usually serve it with green beans topped with this sauce,
which has a similar but not identical flavor profile. It might be too
matchy-matchy for you.

4 T chopped onion
4 garlic cloves
1/2 t red pepper flakes
1 t salt
1 t cumin
1 C coconut milk
2 T oil
10 oz peanut butter
3 T kecap manis (Indonesian sweet soy sauce)
1 t brown sugar
2 T lemon juice

Saute first 5 ingredients in oil. Add remaining ingredients, stirring until smooth.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

https://postimg.cc/v4jJ37hZ

>> That's obviously an image lifted off the net...

> YOU IGNORANT PRICK!!Â* I MADE IT!! THAT PHOTO IS IN MY KITCHEN!
> WHY DON'T YOU GO AND STICK YOUR HEAD UP A DEAD BEAR'S ARSE WHERE IT
> BELONGS!!!!

And Sheldon wonders why people don't bother to post photos.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>> Like this:

https://postimg.cc/v4jJ37hZ

>> That's obviously an image lifted off the net...

>YOU IGNORANT PRICK!! I MADE IT!! THAT PHOTO IS IN MY KITCHEN!
>WHY DON'T YOU GO AND STICK YOUR HEAD UP A DEAD BEAR'S ARSE WHERE IT
>BELONGS!!!!

I thought it was a nice touch that you found a picture on the 'Net
that had pots and pans similar to your own in the view.
Congratulations!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

> >> Like this:

https://postimg.cc/v4jJ37hZ

> > That's obviously an image lifted off the net...

> YOU IGNORANT PRICK!! I MADE IT!! THAT PHOTO IS IN MY KITCHEN!
> WHY DON'T YOU GO AND STICK YOUR HEAD UP A DEAD BEAR'S ARSE WHERE IT
> BELONGS!!!!

My word, graham, such language! Do you think you represent yourself as a
good "Ambassador" of Canada with such fowl - mouthed harangues...!!!???

Best
Greg

==

He used to be such a lovely gentleman.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>> Like this:

https://postimg.cc/v4jJ37hZ

>> That's obviously an image lifted off the net...

>YOU IGNORANT PRICK!! I MADE IT!! THAT PHOTO IS IN MY KITCHEN!
>WHY DON'T YOU GO AND STICK YOUR HEAD UP A DEAD BEAR'S ARSE WHERE IT
>BELONGS!!!!

I thought it was a nice touch that you found a picture on the 'Net
that had pots and pans similar to your own in the view.
Congratulations!

==

Really clever that, eh?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 22 Dec 2018 09:49:52 -0500, Dave Smith
> wrote:

https://postimg.cc/v4jJ37hZ

>>> That's obviously an image lifted off the net...

>> YOU IGNORANT PRICK!!* I MADE IT!! THAT PHOTO IS IN MY KITCHEN!
>> WHY DON'T YOU GO AND STICK YOUR HEAD UP A DEAD BEAR'S ARSE WHERE IT
>> BELONGS!!!!

>And Sheldon wonders why people don't bother to post photos.

For fear of being told, in John Kuthe style capitals, to stick their
head up a dead bear's arse?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

https://postimg.cc/v4jJ37hZ

>>> That's obviously an image lifted off the net...

>> YOU IGNORANT PRICK!! I MADE IT!! THAT PHOTO IS IN MY KITCHEN!
>> WHY DON'T YOU GO AND STICK YOUR HEAD UP A DEAD BEAR'S ARSE WHERE IT
>> BELONGS!!!!

>Don't let him get to you, your bread looks wonderful.
>
>Cheri

It's so closely cropped that there's nothing in that photo that
indicates whose kitchen or it's even in a kitchen.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

https://postimg.cc/v4jJ37hZ

>>> YOU IGNORANT PRICK!! I MADE IT!! THAT PHOTO IS IN MY KITCHEN!
>>> WHY DON'T YOU GO AND STICK YOUR HEAD UP A DEAD BEAR'S ARSE WHERE IT
>>> BELONGS!!!!

>>Don't let him get to you, your bread looks wonderful.
>>
>>Cheri

>It's so closely cropped that there's nothing in that photo that
>indicates whose kitchen or it's even in a kitchen.

Otherwise he'd have had to sterilise his entire kitchen or face
ridicule by domestic goddess Shelly.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 22 Dec 2018 08:29:54 -0800 (PST), GM

wrote:

> [...]

I made no judgement, just asked what it is

https://postimg.cc/v4jJ37hZ

>> > That's obviously an image lifted off the net...

>> YOU IGNORANT PRICK!! I MADE IT!! THAT PHOTO IS IN MY KITCHEN!
>> WHY DON'T YOU GO AND STICK YOUR HEAD UP A DEAD BEAR'S ARSE WHERE IT
>> BELONGS!!!!

>My word, graham, such language! Do you think you represent yourself as a good "Ambassador" of Canada with such fowl - mouthed harangues...!!!???

graham is ired because I caught him stealing an image off the net...
and he's not the first one I've caught... one can always spot an image
stolen off the net because they are so cropped that there's nothing
included to indicate a known location. Every one of the pictures I
post includes something to indicate it's where I live.... even if one
of my fercocktah black rimmed pieces of Mikasa, my obsolete yellow
formica, or one of my cats.
Our Aloha guy posts lots of food pictures, yet I've never called him
out on them being stolen simply because I know his plating style and
his implements... I may not care for some of what he prepares but it's
always attractively presented... at least it's apparent that he makes
an effort, unlike much of the slop I've seen posted. And the big
mouths here can't speak because they have never posted anything
they've cooked, all they do is boast like the typical barroom one
upmanship sots.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

https://postimg.cc/v4jJ37hZ

>>> That's obviously an image lifted off the net...

>>YOU IGNORANT PRICK!! I MADE IT!! THAT PHOTO IS IN MY KITCHEN!
>>WHY DON'T YOU GO AND STICK YOUR HEAD UP A DEAD BEAR'S ARSE WHERE IT
>>BELONGS!!!!

>I thought it was a nice touch that you found a picture on the 'Net
>that had pots and pans similar to your own in the view.
>Congratulations!

Another with vision problems, there are no pot/pans in that cropped
image,
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia wrote:

> "cshenk" wrote in message
>
> Ophelia wrote:
>

> > "cshenk" wrote in message
> >
> > Ophelia wrote:
> >

> >> "Leonard Blaisdell" wrote in message

> >but >> sometimes they are a fail with nobody to blame but myself,
> >live and >> learn.
> > >
> >> I've made some nearly unpalatable dishes. I tell my wife that it
> >> isn't very good, but there's soup in the cupboard and cold cuts in
> >> the fridge if she wants to serve herself. She always manages to
> >> choke the meal down without disturbing the cupboard or fridge.
> >> We're having stew meat stroganoff tonight. I've made it enough to
> >> know she'll like it. I'm serving buttered Dutch crunch loaf slices
> >> with it.
> > >
> >> leo
> > >
> >> ==
> > >
> >> You are lucky to have her)

> > I have to laugh! I boffed one today. Hubby and Charlotte ate it and
> > said it tasted fine but looked like pink puke. OOPS!
> >
> > ==
> >
> > Perhaps you should have tasted one

> Snicker, they ate it all up before I got to it.
>
> ==
>
> lol it must have been good

Must have been! Ah well. I'm making a mild experiement now. Not
hugely adventurous and just using some leftovers. A soup pot with
leftover butter beans, Navy beans, sausage, beanpot juices, brocolli
spears, chicken stock and green beans.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 21 Dec 2018 23:14:22 -0800, "Julie Bove"

https://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe...h-bread-272006

>>>You posted a recipe link and not a picture of what you actually baked?
>>>Shame on you! LOL
>>>
>>>Jill

>> Had I baked it I most definately would have posted a picture but I
>> didn't bake it... I merely asked what it was and when I was told it's
>> a kind of bread I looked it up and I posted the recipe... then some
>> big time UK bread baker said it's unavailable here, I naturally
>> thought they meant they couldn't buy the bread... HTF should I or
>> anyone know their browser couldn't read the URL I posted? DUH And
>> here I thought UKers could read/write proper English, NOT!
>> And all along I thought you could follow a thread, NOT!
>>
>> Had I baked that bread do you think I'd ask what it is?
>>
>> ==
>>
>> And I would have thought a US know it all would understand that I couldn't
>> open that link here!
>>
>> Amazing isn't it???

>It sure is!

Another mind reader... neither of you have a mind.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 22 Dec 2018 10:26:32 -0000, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>wrote in message ...
>
>On Fri, 21 Dec 2018 21:27:28 -0000, "Ophelia" >
>wrote:
>

>>wrote in message ...
>>
>>On Fri, 21 Dec 2018 10:44:16 -0500, jmcquown >
>>wrote:

https://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe...h-bread-272006

>>>You posted a recipe link and not a picture of what you actually baked?
>>>Shame on you! LOL
>>>
>>>Jill

>>Had I baked it I most definately would have posted a picture but I
>>didn't bake it... I merely asked what it was and when I was told it's
>>a kind of bread I looked it up and I posted the recipe... then some
>>big time UK bread baker said it's unavailable here, I naturally
>>thought they meant they couldn't buy the bread... HTF should I or
>>anyone know their browser couldn't read the URL I posted? DUH And
>>here I thought UKers could read/write proper English, NOT!
>>And all along I thought you could follow a thread, NOT!
>>
>>Had I baked that bread do you think I'd ask what it is?
>>
>>==
>>
>>And I would have thought a US know it all would understand that I couldn't
>>open that link here!
>>
>>Amazing isn't it???

>I know a lot but not how to read minds.
>
>===
>
>It was nothing to do with minds. It was to do with country as others have
>pointed out!

So you've joined the bullshitters, SCAT!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>wrote in message ...
>
>On Fri, 21 Dec 2018 21:27:28 -0000, "Ophelia" >
>wrote:
>

>>wrote in message ...
>>
>>On Fri, 21 Dec 2018 10:44:16 -0500, jmcquown >
>>wrote:

https://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe...h-bread-272006

>>>You posted a recipe link and not a picture of what you actually baked?
>>>Shame on you! LOL
>>>
>>>Jill

>>Had I baked it I most definately would have posted a picture but I
>>didn't bake it... I merely asked what it was and when I was told it's
>>a kind of bread I looked it up and I posted the recipe... then some
>>big time UK bread baker said it's unavailable here, I naturally
>>thought they meant they couldn't buy the bread... HTF should I or
>>anyone know their browser couldn't read the URL I posted? DUH And
>>here I thought UKers could read/write proper English, NOT!
>>And all along I thought you could follow a thread, NOT!
>>
>>Had I baked that bread do you think I'd ask what it is?
>>
>>==
>>
>>And I would have thought a US know it all would understand that I couldn't
>>open that link here!
>>
>>Amazing isn't it???

>I know a lot but not how to read minds.
>
>===
>
>It was nothing to do with minds. It was to do with country as others have
>pointed out!

So you've joined the bullshitters, SCAT!

==

You don't attack me and I will leave you alone!! You have been getting
away with it recently and I have had enough!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

https://postimg.cc/v4jJ37hZ

>>> That's obviously an image lifted off the net...

>> YOU IGNORANT PRICK!!* I MADE IT!! THAT PHOTO IS IN MY KITCHEN!
>> WHY DON'T YOU GO AND STICK YOUR HEAD UP A DEAD BEAR'S ARSE WHERE IT
>> BELONGS!!!!

> Don't let him get to you, your bread looks wonderful.
>
> Cheri

Thanks, Cheri!
I used strong language as, judging by his puerile posts, it's all he
understands.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

https://postimg.cc/v4jJ37hZ

>>> That's obviously an image lifted off the net...

>> YOU IGNORANT PRICK!! I MADE IT!! THAT PHOTO IS IN MY KITCHEN!
>> WHY DON'T YOU GO AND STICK YOUR HEAD UP A DEAD BEAR'S ARSE WHERE
>> IT BELONGS!!!!
>>

> Graham, just consider the source. His head has been up his own ass
> since the day he was born!!!

That explains his obsession with bodily functions in his posts that I
have seen. His disgusting rants are only visible to me when someone
replies to them.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 22 Dec 2018 02:40:36 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Gary" > wrote in message ...
>> jmcquown wrote:
>>>
>>> Since when are recipes restricted by country? This is a global
>>> newsgroup. Perhaps some of the ingredients aren't widely available but
>>> the recipe certainly is.

>> You're wrong. Some websites only work in the USA and not in other
>> countries. Why, I don't know but it is very true.

>True. Just like we can't view a lot of websites in other countries. I don't
>know why either.

I've never experienced a web site that says it's not available in the
US... I've experienced web sites that are only for members, but never
by country. There are plenty of websites that one must register and
also pay a fee but I've yet to see one that restricts by country. I'm
registered at a few web site that I pay a yearly fee but they don't
care what country, they'll take anyone's money.
Anyway I don't believe Ophilias fairytale, that recipe website I
posted requires no registration... she simply didn't see that I posted
the URL with the recipe until I called her on it, and than she made up
an alibi about it not available in her country, which is a BIG FAT
LIE! I use that site often, they maintain a list for users who
comment on the recipes, they are from everywhere on the planet.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

https://postimg.cc/v4jJ37hZ

>>> That's obviously an image lifted off the net...

>> YOU IGNORANT PRICK!! I MADE IT!! THAT PHOTO IS IN MY KITCHEN!
>> WHY DON'T YOU GO AND STICK YOUR HEAD UP A DEAD BEAR'S ARSE WHERE IT
>> BELONGS!!!!

> Don't let him get to you, your bread looks wonderful.
>
> Cheri

Thanks, Cheri!
I used strong language as, judging by his puerile posts, it's all he
understands.

==

Yep, but you still shocked me

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote in message news
On Sat, 22 Dec 2018 02:40:36 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Gary" > wrote in message
>> jmcquown wrote:
>>>
>>> Since when are recipes restricted by country? This is a global
>>> newsgroup. Perhaps some of the ingredients aren't widely available but
>>> the recipe certainly is.

>> You're wrong. Some websites only work in the USA and not in other
>> countries. Why, I don't know but it is very true.

>True. Just like we can't view a lot of websites in other countries. I don't
>know why either.

I've never experienced a web site that says it's not available in the
US... I've experienced web sites that are only for members, but never
by country. There are plenty of websites that one must register and
also pay a fee but I've yet to see one that restricts by country. I'm
registered at a few web site that I pay a yearly fee but they don't
care what country, they'll take anyone's money.
Anyway I don't believe Ophilias fairytale, that recipe website I
posted requires no registration... she simply didn't see that I posted
the URL with the recipe until I called her on it, and than she made up
an alibi about it not available in her country, which is a BIG FAT
LIE! I use that site often, they maintain a list for users who
comment on the recipes, they are from everywhere on the planet.

---

Sheldon I don't give a rat's arse whether you believe me or not ... OK????

I am not the only one here who is bright enough to understand that some
sites are not available in some countries.

Keep displaying your ignorance, although it has to be said, I doubt anyone
would be surprised!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

> I made no judgement, just asked what it is

https://postimg.cc/v4jJ37hZ

>>> YOU IGNORANT PRICK!! I MADE IT!! THAT PHOTO IS IN MY KITCHEN!
>>> WHY DON'T YOU GO AND STICK YOUR HEAD UP A DEAD BEAR'S ARSE WHERE IT
>>> BELONGS!!!!

>> My word, graham, such language! Do you think you represent yourself as a good "Ambassador" of Canada with such fowl - mouthed harangues...!!!???

> graham is ired because I caught him stealing an image off the net...
> and he's not the first one I've caught... one can always spot an image
> stolen off the net because they are so cropped that there's nothing
> included to indicate a known location. Every one of the pictures I
> post includes something to indicate it's where I live.... even if one
> of my fercocktah black rimmed pieces of Mikasa, my obsolete yellow
> formica, or one of my cats.
> Our Aloha guy posts lots of food pictures, yet I've never called him
> out on them being stolen simply because I know his plating style and
> his implements... I may not care for some of what he prepares but it's
> always attractively presented... at least it's apparent that he makes
> an effort, unlike much of the slop I've seen posted. And the big
> mouths here can't speak because they have never posted anything
> they've cooked, all they do is boast like the typical barroom one
> upmanship sots.

Dat's right Popeye. All of them are *LIARS* 'cept yoose!

Posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

wrote:

https://postimg.cc/v4jJ37hZ

> >> YOU IGNORANT PRICK!!Â* I MADE IT!! THAT PHOTO IS IN MY KITCHEN!
> >> WHY DON'T YOU GO AND STICK YOUR HEAD UP A DEAD BEAR'S ARSE WHERE IT
> >> BELONGS!!!!

> > Don't let him get to you, your bread looks wonderful.
> >
> > Cheri

> Thanks, Cheri!
> I used strong language as, judging by his puerile posts, it's all he
> understands.

Now graham, let us think of Jesus or Buddha or Ghandi or Eleanor Roosevelt or the Salvador Dalai Lama...how would *they* have handled the situation...???

Remember, "Anger" is that lil' devil, sitting on yer shoulder and always whispering and cajoling, "Go ahead, BE MAD...don't let them treat you like a lil' weak pussy...go ahead and BLOW it ALL out...!!!"

Here, graham, is my Christmas gift to you - always hold it very, very close! :

"1 Corinthians 13:4-5: €œLove is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs."

In future, do not succumb to that Anger Devil, here is another piece of Holy Lagniappe for you to hold dear:

"Matthew 16:23
23 Jesus turned and said to Peter, €œGet behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me; you do not have in mind the concerns of God, but merely human concerns.€

So let this all be a valuable lesson to you, graham...!!!

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

wrote:

> I made no judgement, just asked what it is

https://postimg.cc/v4jJ37hZ

> >> YOU IGNORANT PRICK!! I MADE IT!! THAT PHOTO IS IN MY KITCHEN!
> >> WHY DON'T YOU GO AND STICK YOUR HEAD UP A DEAD BEAR'S ARSE WHERE IT
> >> BELONGS!!!!

> >My word, graham, such language! Do you think you represent yourself as a good "Ambassador" of Canada with such fowl - mouthed harangues...!!!???

> graham is ired because I caught him stealing an image off the net...
> and he's not the first one I've caught... one can always spot an image
> stolen off the net because they are so cropped that there's nothing
> included to indicate a known location. Every one of the pictures I
> post includes something to indicate it's where I live.... even if one
> of my fercocktah black rimmed pieces of Mikasa, my obsolete yellow
> formica, or one of my cats.
> Our Aloha guy posts lots of food pictures, yet I've never called him
> out on them being stolen simply because I know his plating style and
> his implements... I may not care for some of what he prepares but it's
> always attractively presented... at least it's apparent that he makes
> an effort, unlike much of the slop I've seen posted. And the big
> mouths here can't speak because they have never posted anything
> they've cooked, all they do is boast like the typical barroom one
> upmanship sots.

And of course the PRIMARY recipe/culinary thief around here is Lil' Wayne...he's been caught stealing recipes *many* times...his total lack of integrity of character *guarantees* him a place in the deepest depths of Hades...

--
Best
Greg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-12-22 2:10 p.m., GM wrote:
> graham wrote:

>>> Don't let him get to you, your bread looks wonderful.
>>>
>>> Cheri

>> Thanks, Cheri!
>> I used strong language as, judging by his puerile posts, it's all he
>> understands.

> Now graham, let us think of Jesus or Buddha or Ghandi or Eleanor Roosevelt or the Salvador Dalai Lama...how would *they* have handled the situation...???
>
> Remember, "Anger" is that lil' devil, sitting on yer shoulder and always whispering and cajoling, "Go ahead, BE MAD...don't let them treat you like a lil' weak pussy...go ahead and BLOW it ALL out...!!!"
>
> Here, graham, is my Christmas gift to you - always hold it very, very close! :
>
> "1 Corinthians 13:4-5: €œLove is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs."
>

> In future, do not succumb to that Anger Devil, here is another piece of Holy Lagniappe for you to hold dear:
>
> "Matthew 16:23
> 23 Jesus turned and said to Peter, €œGet behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me; you do not have in mind the concerns of God, but merely human concerns.€
>
> So let this all be a valuable lesson to you, graham...!!!

"The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose,
An evil soul producing holy witness
Is like a villain with a smiling cheek,
A goodly apple rotten at the heart."
Shakespea M.of V., I/3, 95.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 22 Dec 2018 13:15:20 -0800 (PST), GM

wrote:

>> I made no judgement, just asked what it is

https://postimg.cc/v4jJ37hZ

>> >My word, graham, such language! Do you think you represent yourself as a good "Ambassador" of Canada with such fowl - mouthed harangues...!!!???

>> graham is ired because I caught him stealing an image off the net...
>> and he's not the first one I've caught... one can always spot an image
>> stolen off the net because they are so cropped that there's nothing
>> included to indicate a known location. Every one of the pictures I
>> post includes something to indicate it's where I live.... even if one
>> of my fercocktah black rimmed pieces of Mikasa, my obsolete yellow
>> formica, or one of my cats.
>> Our Aloha guy posts lots of food pictures, yet I've never called him
>> out on them being stolen simply because I know his plating style and
>> his implements... I may not care for some of what he prepares but it's
>> always attractively presented... at least it's apparent that he makes
>> an effort, unlike much of the slop I've seen posted. And the big
>> mouths here can't speak because they have never posted anything
>> they've cooked, all they do is boast like the typical barroom one
>> upmanship sots.

>And of course the PRIMARY recipe/culinary thief around here is Lil' Wayne...he's been caught stealing recipes *many* times...his total lack of integrity of character *guarantees* him a place in the deepest depths of Hades...

Recipes nuthin'... he's never yet posted a pic of any of the elaborate
dishes he's claimed to have prepared... far as I can tell those two
dine on take out from the cheap joints with coupons.... and I don't
believe there's any Davida, no one has ever seen a post from a Davida
or seen a pic of a Davida on the Mugs.
I use the name Davida only becaue my HS girlfriend's best friend was
Davida, and the three of us, me, Davia, and Marilyn would babysit
Marilyn's older sister's kids together and got into threesoms...
Davida was hotter than Marilyn, Davida was multiorgasmic and never got
enough, not nearly as voluptuous in the bosoms as Marilyn but had a
perfect rear, PERFECT!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, penmart01
@aol.com says...
> Another with vision problems, there are no pot/pans in that cropped
> image,

Everyone who looked at Graham's link knows you're lying.

https://postimg.cc/v4jJ37hZ

Janet UK
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 22 Dec 2018 20:43:54 -0000, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>wrote in message news >
>On Sat, 22 Dec 2018 02:40:36 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>>> You're wrong. Some websites only work in the USA and not in other
>>> countries. Why, I don't know but it is very true.

>>True. Just like we can't view a lot of websites in other countries. I don't
>>know why either.

>I've never experienced a web site that says it's not available in the
>US... I've experienced web sites that are only for members, but never
>by country. There are plenty of websites that one must register and
>also pay a fee but I've yet to see one that restricts by country. I'm
>registered at a few web site that I pay a yearly fee but they don't
>care what country, they'll take anyone's money.
>Anyway I don't believe Ophilias fairytale, that recipe website I
>posted requires no registration... she simply didn't see that I posted
>the URL with the recipe until I called her on it, and than she made up
>an alibi about it not available in her country, which is a BIG FAT
>LIE! I use that site often, they maintain a list for users who
>comment on the recipes, they are from everywhere on the planet.
>
>---
>
>Sheldon I don't give a rat's arse whether you believe me or not ... OK????
>
>I am not the only one here who is bright enough to understand that some
>sites are not available in some countries.
>
>Keep displaying your ignorance, although it has to be said, I doubt anyone
>would be surprised!

You're the ignoranus who can't post in sequence without your childish
==============
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 22 Dec 2018 15:19:42 -0500, wrote:

>On Sat, 22 Dec 2018 02:40:36 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>>> You're wrong. Some websites only work in the USA and not in other
>>> countries. Why, I don't know but it is very true.

>>True. Just like we can't view a lot of websites in other countries. I don't
>>know why either.

>I've never experienced a web site that says it's not available in the
>US... I've experienced web sites that are only for members, but never
>by country. There are plenty of websites that one must register and
>also pay a fee but I've yet to see one that restricts by country. I'm
>registered at a few web site that I pay a yearly fee but they don't
>care what country, they'll take anyone's money.
>Anyway I don't believe Ophilias fairytale, that recipe website I
>posted requires no registration... she simply didn't see that I posted
>the URL with the recipe until I called her on it, and than she made up
>an alibi about it not available in her country, which is a BIG FAT
>LIE! I use that site often, they maintain a list for users who
>comment on the recipes, they are from everywhere on the planet.

You're wrong, Ophelia is correct.. The wording may be different. 'The
web site isn't available' or something like that. It's always been
like that.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> On Friday, December 21, 2018 at 8:05:22 PM UTC-5, cshenk wrote:
> > Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> > > My husband strongly prefers Veal Parmesan, so that's what we
> > > usually cook when we have veal at home. He hates mushrooms and I
> > > refrain from cooking them, so I only get veal with morels when we
> > > go out.
> > >
> > > We like chicken (and turkey) quite a bit and eat a lot of it.
> > > Tonight we're having chicken stir-fried with soy sauce and
> > > onions. Tomorrow it'll be Sate Babi:
> > >
> > > Sate Babi (pork sate)
> > >
> > > 3 T finely chopped onion
> > > 2 garlic cloves
> > > 2 t galangal (laos)
> > > 1 T peanut butter
> > > 1 t lemongrass powder (sereh)
> > > 1 t tumeric
> > > 2 t coriander
> > > 1.5 t cumin
> > > 0.5 t red pepper flakes
> > > 3 T lemon juice
> > > 1.5 t salt
> > > 1 T brown sugar
> > > 1.25 C coconut milk
> > > 1/2 C kecap manis (Indonesian sweet soy sauce)
> > > 1 to 1.5 lb boneless pork
> > >
> > > The first N-1 ingredients are a marinade for the pork, which is
> > > cut in cubes, skewered, and grilled. I usually reserve some of
> > > the marinade as a dipping sauce.
> > >
> > > Cindy Hamilton

> > I LOVE that recipe!

> Thanks. I've had it for decades. I copied it out of a book from the
> public library after dining at an Indonesian restaurant in Toronto.
>
> Feel free to use fresh lemongrass instead of dried. Dried was all I
> could get for quite a while, and I got used to its taste in this dish.
>
> Incidentally, I usually serve it with green beans topped with this
> sauce, which has a similar but not identical flavor profile. It
> might be too matchy-matchy for you.
>
> 4 T chopped onion
> 4 garlic cloves
> 1/2 t red pepper flakes
> 1 t salt
> 1 t cumin
> 1 C coconut milk
> 2 T oil
> 10 oz peanut butter
> 3 T kecap manis (Indonesian sweet soy sauce)
> 1 t brown sugar
> 2 T lemon juice
>
> Saute first 5 ingredients in oil. Add remaining ingredients,
> stirring until smooth.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

I like them both and would use the separately here so they 'shine'.

I go in swings with meals (suits us) so today was a very plain bean pot
with Navy Beans and Butter beans, about 1/2 C onion and maybe 6 cloves
garlic (they maild down to nothing almost with a long cook). Water and
something like 3/4 C of my home made sausage blend (savory but
medium-low on heat). The bean pot is just right for 'sopping bread'
and this second one would work very nicely as a side over quite a few
vegetable dishes! I think I will up the red pepper flakes since that
will counterpoint the delicate butterbeans.

Humm, to me it screams for a mild vegetable underlayment just like your
green beans. I'm out though (except the ones set aside for Xmas
dinner). Without digging into the reserved stuff for Xmas day, I have
an excess of chinese broccoli stem and carrots.

I'll let you know tomorrow! I have to make some fresh Kecap Manis.

Kecap Manis for others who may not have it handy is dead on simple to
make. 1 part soy, 1 part brown sugar. Heat gently on the stove until
you have a thick sauce. Add a whole Star Anise as it simmers. DS1
will be happy to know this is one time when Aloha Shoyu will shine
brightly if reduced a little (guessing 10% reduction).

I have to make some fresh as the star anise was left in the last batch
and has gotten a little too strong from that. It's still fine for a
fast flashy marinate, but I can tell from the looks, it's too 'anisey'
for this so I'll take some 10 minutes and make fresh.

BTW, I plan to use some tomorrow as a test and if it works, the rest
will be a nice tastey option for the Xmas meal since we have one
semi-vegetarian sailor who will enjoy something fancy and flavorful,
that I can work as a sauce into a substantial 'main dish'.

Oh! Thinking as I type, I have 4 Kholrabi looking for a nice plan...
Wanna bet that will be bang-up!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gary wrote:

> jmcquown wrote:
> >
> > Since when are recipes restricted by country? This is a global
> > newsgroup. Perhaps some of the ingredients aren't widely available
> > but the recipe certainly is.

> You're wrong. Some websites only work in the USA and not in other
> countries. Why, I don't know but it is very true.

It's pretty rare but it happens. Used to be mostly music and video
stuff.

It's not obvious until someone from another place tells you 'oh sorry,
they locked my country out from that link'.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia wrote:

> "Julie Bove" wrote in message news >
>
> "Gary" > wrote in message
> > jmcquown wrote:
> > >
> > > Since when are recipes restricted by country? This is a global
> > > newsgroup. Perhaps some of the ingredients aren't widely
> > > available but the recipe certainly is.

> > You're wrong. Some websites only work in the USA and not in other
> > countries. Why, I don't know but it is very true.

> True. Just like we can't view a lot of websites in other countries. I
> don't know why either.
>
> ==
>
> Yes, it is very annoying when someone posts the link to a site that I
> would find very interesting!

Yes, but the poster has no way to know the site is blocking, until
someone tells them. Sorry about that but Gary passed the recipe on so
hopefully all well.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

> me. >>>>> Those things used to be popular in the 1960's when my
> mother had ladies >>>>> over for lunch with coffee or tea.

https://postimg.cc/v4jJ37hZ

> >> That's obviously an image lifted off the net...

> > YOU IGNORANT PRICK!! I MADE IT!! THAT PHOTO IS IN MY KITCHEN!
> > WHY DON'T YOU GO AND STICK YOUR HEAD UP A DEAD BEAR'S ARSE WHERE IT
> > BELONGS!!!!

> I thought it was a nice touch that you found a picture on the 'Net
> that had pots and pans similar to your own in the view.
> Congratulations!

Snicker!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

graham wrote:

>>> Thanks, Cheri!
>>> I used strong language as, judging by his puerile posts, it's all he
>>> understands.

>> Now graham, let us think of Jesus or Buddha or Ghandi or Eleanor
>> Roosevelt or the Salvador Dalai Lama...how would *they* have handled
>> the situation...???
>>
>> Remember, "Anger" is that lil' devil, sitting on yer shoulder and
>> always whispering and cajoling, "Go ahead, BE MAD...don't let them
>> treat you like a lil' weak pussy...go ahead and BLOW it ALL out...!!!"
>>
>> Here, graham, is my Christmas gift to you - always hold it very, very
>> close! :
>>
>> "1 Corinthians 13:4-5: €œLove is patient, love is kind. It does not
>> envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others,
>> it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record
>> of wrongs."
>>

>> In future, do not succumb to that Anger Devil, here is another piece
>> of Holy Lagniappe for you to hold dear:
>>
>> "Matthew 16:23
>> 23 Jesus turned and said to Peter, €œGet behind me, Satan! You are a
>> stumbling block to me; you do not have in mind the concerns of God,
>> but merely human concerns.€
>>
>> So let this all be a valuable lesson to you, graham...!!!
>>

> "The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose,
> An evil soul producing holy witness
> Is like a villain with a smiling cheek,
> A goodly apple rotten at the heart."
> Shakespea M.of V., I/3, 95.

Methinks the lord hath farted -- Marvin Chapter 3, Verse 17

Sniff ... Forsooth, surely HE hath shit -- Marvin Chapter 3, Verse 19

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>> I made no judgement, just asked what it is

https://postimg.cc/v4jJ37hZ

>>> graham is ired because I caught him stealing an image off the net...
>>> and he's not the first one I've caught... one can always spot an image
>>> stolen off the net because they are so cropped that there's nothing
>>> included to indicate a known location. Every one of the pictures I
>>> post includes something to indicate it's where I live.... even if one
>>> of my fercocktah black rimmed pieces of Mikasa, my obsolete yellow
>>> formica, or one of my cats.
>>> Our Aloha guy posts lots of food pictures, yet I've never called him
>>> out on them being stolen simply because I know his plating style and
>>> his implements... I may not care for some of what he prepares but it's
>>> always attractively presented... at least it's apparent that he makes
>>> an effort, unlike much of the slop I've seen posted. And the big
>>> mouths here can't speak because they have never posted anything
>>> they've cooked, all they do is boast like the typical barroom one
>>> upmanship sots.

>> And of course the PRIMARY recipe/culinary thief around here is Lil' Wayne...he's been caught stealing recipes *many* times...his total lack of integrity of character *guarantees* him a place in the deepest depths of Hades...

> Recipes nuthin'... he's never yet posted a pic of any of the elaborate
> dishes he's claimed to have prepared... far as I can tell those two
> dine on take out from the cheap joints with coupons.... and I don't
> believe there's any Davida, no one has ever seen a post from a Davida
> or seen a pic of a Davida on the Mugs.
> I use the name Davida only becaue my HS girlfriend's best friend was
> Davida, and the three of us, me, Davia, and Marilyn would babysit
> Marilyn's older sister's kids together and got into threesoms...
> Davida was hotter than Marilyn, Davida was multiorgasmic and never got
> enough, not nearly as voluptuous in the bosoms as Marilyn but had a
> perfect rear, PERFECT!

Popeye, yoose are certainly a rear-end man. Keep yoose tool greased
well, little sailor, or the friction and heat may burn dat thing up.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> On Sat, 22 Dec 2018 15:19:42 -0500, wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 22 Dec 2018 02:40:36 -0800, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:

>>> True. Just like we can't view a lot of websites in other countries. I don't
>>> know why either.

>> I've never experienced a web site that says it's not available in the
>> US... I've experienced web sites that are only for members, but never
>> by country. There are plenty of websites that one must register and
>> also pay a fee but I've yet to see one that restricts by country. I'm
>> registered at a few web site that I pay a yearly fee but they don't
>> care what country, they'll take anyone's money.
>> Anyway I don't believe Ophilias fairytale, that recipe website I
>> posted requires no registration... she simply didn't see that I posted
>> the URL with the recipe until I called her on it, and than she made up
>> an alibi about it not available in her country, which is a BIG FAT
>> LIE! I use that site often, they maintain a list for users who
>> comment on the recipes, they are from everywhere on the planet.

> You're wrong, Ophelia is correct.. The wording may be different. 'The
> web site isn't available' or something like that. It's always been
> like that.

NONSENSE! Popeye is *NEVER* wrong. Yoose must be a liar and faggot.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

https://postimg.cc/v4jJ37hZ

> > > That's obviously an image lifted off the net...

> > YOU IGNORANT PRICK!! I MADE IT!! THAT PHOTO IS IN MY KITCHEN!
> > WHY DON'T YOU GO AND STICK YOUR HEAD UP A DEAD BEAR'S ARSE WHERE IT
> > BELONGS!!!!

> My word, graham, such language! Do you think you represent yourself as a good "Ambassador" of Canada with such fowl - mouthed harangues...!!!???
>
> --
> Best
> Greg

I'm sure you mean "foul-mouthed".
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message

> graham is ired because I caught him stealing an image off the net...
> and he's not the first one I've caught... one can always spot an image

I don't believe you at all.

Cheri
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"graham" > wrote in message
news
> On 2018-12-21 11:22 p.m., Cheri wrote:

>> Don't let him get to you, your bread looks wonderful.
>>
>> Cheri

> Thanks, Cheri!
> I used strong language as, judging by his puerile posts, it's all he
> understands.

Sometimes strong language is needed to get through a hard head.

Cheri