Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Supper tonight..... Chicken Turmeric soup

A friend posted the link to this recipe on FB. It looked so good I had
to try it. It was even better than I had expected.

Tumeric Chicken Soup

1 teaspoon coconut oil
b.. 3 cloves garlic, minced
c.. 2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
d.. 2 jalapenos, seeded and diced
e.. 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into bite
size pieces
f.. 1 small white onion, diced
g.. 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
h.. 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and diced into small cubes
i.. 1 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
j.. 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth,
k.. 1 can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained, (15
oz per can)
l.. 1/2 teaspoon salt
m.. freshly ground black pepper to taste
n.. 1 cup light coconut milk (from the can)
o.. 2 tablespoons all natural creamy peanut butter
p.. To garnish:
q.. fresh cilantro
r.. green onions
Instructions 1.. Heat coconut oil in a large pot over medium high
heat.
2.. Once oil is hot, add in garlic, ginger, jalapenos and
chicken breast.
3.. Brown chicken for 3-4 minutes, then stir in onion, red
pepper and sweet potato cubes.
4.. Cook for several minutes, stirring occasionally until sweet
potatoes begin to slightly soften and chicken is no longer pink; this
should take no longer than 5-7 minutes.
5.. Add in turmeric; stirring to coat the chicken and veggies.
6.. Next add in the following: chicken broth, chickpeas, peanut
butter, coconut milk, salt and pepper.
7.. Stir to combine, then bring soup to a boil, reduce heat to
low and simmer uncovered for 20-30 minutes or until sweet potatoes are
tender. Taste and adjust seasonings as necessary.
8.. If you want more heat, add in a few dashes of hot sauce.
9.. Ladle into bowls and top with cilantro and green onions.
10.. To make vegan/vegetarian: If you want to make this recipe
vegetarian, simply add in another can of chickpeas instead of chicken.
If you are allergic to peanuts, you can omit, or use cashew butter
instead. I would not recommend using any other nut butter.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, December 4, 2018 at 5:26:32 PM UTC-6, Dave Smith wrote:

> A friend posted the link to this recipe on FB. It looked so good I had
> to try it. It was even better than I had expected.
>

> Tumeric Chicken Soup
>
> 1 teaspoon coconut oil
> b.. 3 cloves garlic, minced
> c.. 2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
> d.. 2 jalapenos, seeded and diced
> e.. 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into bite
> size pieces
> f.. 1 small white onion, diced
> g.. 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
> h.. 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and diced into small cubes
> i.. 1 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
> j.. 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth,
> k.. 1 can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained, (15
> oz per can)
> l.. 1/2 teaspoon salt
> m.. freshly ground black pepper to taste
> n.. 1 cup light coconut milk (from the can)
> o.. 2 tablespoons all natural creamy peanut butter
> p.. To garnish:
> q.. fresh cilantro
> r.. green onions
> Instructions 1.. Heat coconut oil in a large pot over medium high
> heat.
> 2.. Once oil is hot, add in garlic, ginger, jalapenos and
> chicken breast.
> 3.. Brown chicken for 3-4 minutes, then stir in onion, red
> pepper and sweet potato cubes.
> 4.. Cook for several minutes, stirring occasionally until sweet
> potatoes begin to slightly soften and chicken is no longer pink; this
> should take no longer than 5-7 minutes.
> 5.. Add in turmeric; stirring to coat the chicken and veggies.
> 6.. Next add in the following: chicken broth, chickpeas, peanut
> butter, coconut milk, salt and pepper.
> 7.. Stir to combine, then bring soup to a boil, reduce heat to
> low and simmer uncovered for 20-30 minutes or until sweet potatoes are
> tender. Taste and adjust seasonings as necessary.
> 8.. If you want more heat, add in a few dashes of hot sauce.
> 9.. Ladle into bowls and top with cilantro and green onions.
> 10.. To make vegan/vegetarian: If you want to make this recipe
> vegetarian, simply add in another can of chickpeas instead of chicken.
> If you are allergic to peanuts, you can omit, or use cashew butter
> instead. I would not recommend using any other nut butter.

Ummmmmmm, ok. Sorry, just not appealing to me but glad you enjoyed it!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, December 4, 2018 at 10:23:05 PM UTC-5, wrote:

> Ummmmmmm, ok. Sorry, just not appealing to me but glad you enjoyed it!

He lost me at coconut milk. I'm likewise glad he enjoyed it.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
says...

> A friend posted the link to this recipe on FB. It looked so good I had
> to try it. It was even better than I had expected.
>

> Tumeric Chicken Soup
>
> 1 teaspoon coconut oil
> b.. 3 cloves garlic, minced
> c.. 2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
> d.. 2 jalapenos, seeded and diced
> e.. 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into bite
> size pieces
> f.. 1 small white onion, diced
> g.. 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
> h.. 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and diced into small cubes
> i.. 1 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
> j.. 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth,
> k.. 1 can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained, (15
> oz per can)
> l.. 1/2 teaspoon salt
> m.. freshly ground black pepper to taste
> n.. 1 cup light coconut milk (from the can)
> o.. 2 tablespoons all natural creamy peanut butter
> p.. To garnish:
> q.. fresh cilantro
> r.. green onions
> Instructions 1.. Heat coconut oil in a large pot over medium high
> heat.
> 2.. Once oil is hot, add in garlic, ginger, jalapenos and
> chicken breast.
> 3.. Brown chicken for 3-4 minutes, then stir in onion, red
> pepper and sweet potato cubes.
> 4.. Cook for several minutes, stirring occasionally until sweet
> potatoes begin to slightly soften and chicken is no longer pink; this
> should take no longer than 5-7 minutes.
> 5.. Add in turmeric; stirring to coat the chicken and veggies.
> 6.. Next add in the following: chicken broth, chickpeas, peanut
> butter, coconut milk, salt and pepper.
> 7.. Stir to combine, then bring soup to a boil, reduce heat to
> low and simmer uncovered for 20-30 minutes or until sweet potatoes are
> tender. Taste and adjust seasonings as necessary.
> 8.. If you want more heat, add in a few dashes of hot sauce.
> 9.. Ladle into bowls and top with cilantro and green onions.
> 10.. To make vegan/vegetarian: If you want to make this recipe
> vegetarian, simply add in another can of chickpeas instead of chicken.
> If you are allergic to peanuts, you can omit, or use cashew butter
> instead. I would not recommend using any other nut butter.

Saved, sounds great

Janet UK
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-12-05 6:11 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Tuesday, December 4, 2018 at 10:23:05 PM UTC-5, wrote:
>
>> Ummmmmmm, ok. Sorry, just not appealing to me but glad you enjoyed it!

> He lost me at coconut milk. I'm likewise glad he enjoyed it.

It wasn't the peanut butter? It was delicious. My low carbing wife was
hesitant because of the chick peas and sweet potato, but she liked it so
much she had seconds.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-12-05 8:48 AM, Janet wrote:
> In article >,
> says...
>>
>> A friend posted the link to this recipe on FB. It looked so good I had
>> to try it. It was even better than I had expected.
>>

>> Tumeric Chicken Soup
>>
>> 1 teaspoon coconut oil
>> b.. 3 cloves garlic, minced
>> c.. 2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
>> d.. 2 jalapenos, seeded and diced
>> e.. 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into bite
>> size pieces
>> f.. 1 small white onion, diced
>> g.. 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
>> h.. 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and diced into small cubes
>> i.. 1 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
>> j.. 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth,
>> k.. 1 can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained, (15
>> oz per can)
>> l.. 1/2 teaspoon salt
>> m.. freshly ground black pepper to taste
>> n.. 1 cup light coconut milk (from the can)
>> o.. 2 tablespoons all natural creamy peanut butter
>> p.. To garnish:
>> q.. fresh cilantro
>> r.. green onions
>> Instructions 1.. Heat coconut oil in a large pot over medium high
>> heat.
>> 2.. Once oil is hot, add in garlic, ginger, jalapenos and
>> chicken breast.
>> 3.. Brown chicken for 3-4 minutes, then stir in onion, red
>> pepper and sweet potato cubes.
>> 4.. Cook for several minutes, stirring occasionally until sweet
>> potatoes begin to slightly soften and chicken is no longer pink; this
>> should take no longer than 5-7 minutes.
>> 5.. Add in turmeric; stirring to coat the chicken and veggies.
>> 6.. Next add in the following: chicken broth, chickpeas, peanut
>> butter, coconut milk, salt and pepper.
>> 7.. Stir to combine, then bring soup to a boil, reduce heat to
>> low and simmer uncovered for 20-30 minutes or until sweet potatoes are
>> tender. Taste and adjust seasonings as necessary.
>> 8.. If you want more heat, add in a few dashes of hot sauce.
>> 9.. Ladle into bowls and top with cilantro and green onions.
>> 10.. To make vegan/vegetarian: If you want to make this recipe
>> vegetarian, simply add in another can of chickpeas instead of chicken.
>> If you are allergic to peanuts, you can omit, or use cashew butter
>> instead. I would not recommend using any other nut butter.

> Saved, sounds great

Here is the link to the recipe with picture.

https://pulses.org/nap/recipe/golden...-chicken-soup/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, December 5, 2018 at 10:09:50 AM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2018-12-05 6:11 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> > On Tuesday, December 4, 2018 at 10:23:05 PM UTC-5, wrote:
> >
> >> Ummmmmmm, ok. Sorry, just not appealing to me but glad you enjoyed it!

> > He lost me at coconut milk. I'm likewise glad he enjoyed it.
> >

> It wasn't the peanut butter? It was delicious. My low carbing wife was
> hesitant because of the chick peas and sweet potato, but she liked it so
> much she had seconds.

No, I'm accustomed to peanut butter in Southeast Asian, Indonesian,
and some Chinese food. Coconut milk always tastes like Coppertone.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, December 4, 2018 at 1:26:32 PM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:
> A friend posted the link to this recipe on FB. It looked so good I had
> to try it. It was even better than I had expected.
>

> Tumeric Chicken Soup
>
> 1 teaspoon coconut oil
> b.. 3 cloves garlic, minced
> c.. 2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
> d.. 2 jalapenos, seeded and diced
> e.. 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into bite
> size pieces
> f.. 1 small white onion, diced
> g.. 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
> h.. 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and diced into small cubes
> i.. 1 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
> j.. 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth,
> k.. 1 can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained, (15
> oz per can)
> l.. 1/2 teaspoon salt
> m.. freshly ground black pepper to taste
> n.. 1 cup light coconut milk (from the can)
> o.. 2 tablespoons all natural creamy peanut butter
> p.. To garnish:
> q.. fresh cilantro
> r.. green onions
> Instructions 1.. Heat coconut oil in a large pot over medium high
> heat.
> 2.. Once oil is hot, add in garlic, ginger, jalapenos and
> chicken breast.
> 3.. Brown chicken for 3-4 minutes, then stir in onion, red
> pepper and sweet potato cubes.
> 4.. Cook for several minutes, stirring occasionally until sweet
> potatoes begin to slightly soften and chicken is no longer pink; this
> should take no longer than 5-7 minutes.
> 5.. Add in turmeric; stirring to coat the chicken and veggies.
> 6.. Next add in the following: chicken broth, chickpeas, peanut
> butter, coconut milk, salt and pepper.
> 7.. Stir to combine, then bring soup to a boil, reduce heat to
> low and simmer uncovered for 20-30 minutes or until sweet potatoes are
> tender. Taste and adjust seasonings as necessary.
> 8.. If you want more heat, add in a few dashes of hot sauce.
> 9.. Ladle into bowls and top with cilantro and green onions.
> 10.. To make vegan/vegetarian: If you want to make this recipe
> vegetarian, simply add in another can of chickpeas instead of chicken.
> If you are allergic to peanuts, you can omit, or use cashew butter
> instead. I would not recommend using any other nut butter.

That sounds pretty good. My daughter had me boil and strip a chicken for its bones so I have some chicken soup. She's putting the bones together for an anatomy class. It's a scary looking thing.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...qa3PC5dNJd2zUo

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, December 5, 2018 at 8:47:45 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
>

> That sounds pretty good. My daughter had me boil and strip a chicken for its
> bones so I have some chicken soup. She's putting the bones together for an
> anatomy class. It's a scary looking thing.
>
> https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...qa3PC5dNJd2zUo
>
> ==
>
> ooerrrrr ......

What those bones are missing are feet and a head. We do have a lot of those in our parking lot though. That's pretty handy.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Wednesday, December 5, 2018 at 8:47:45 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
>

> That sounds pretty good. My daughter had me boil and strip a chicken for
> its
> bones so I have some chicken soup. She's putting the bones together for an
> anatomy class. It's a scary looking thing.
>
> https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...qa3PC5dNJd2zUo
>
> ==
>
> ooerrrrr ......

What those bones are missing are feet and a head. We do have a lot of those
in our parking lot though. That's pretty handy.

==

Yers I am sure you can provide the rest so your daughter is able to complete
what she needs for her autonomy class ... ;p

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, December 5, 2018 at 8:57:29 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Wednesday, December 5, 2018 at 8:47:45 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> > "dsi1" wrote in message
> >

> > That sounds pretty good. My daughter had me boil and strip a chicken for
> > its
> > bones so I have some chicken soup. She's putting the bones together for an
> > anatomy class. It's a scary looking thing.
> >
> > https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...qa3PC5dNJd2zUo
> >
> > ==
> >
> > ooerrrrr ......

> What those bones are missing are feet and a head. We do have a lot of those
> in our parking lot though. That's pretty handy.
>
> ==
>
> Yers I am sure you can provide the rest so your daughter is able to complete
> what she needs for her autonomy class ... ;p

Thanks for the vote of confidence! I have to admit that I am a virgin when it comes to killing a chicken. That's odd when you consider the number of chickens that I've cooked and eaten over my lifetime. I have two whole chickens in the fridge now. I bought it for my wife so she can try out the rotisserie she bought from her co-worker. I'm rather skeptical about the whole goofy gizmo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GG43jyZ65R8
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 5 Dec 2018 "Ophelia" wrote:
>"dsi1" wrote:
>
>December 5, 2018 Ophelia wrote:
>> "dsi1" wrote:
>>
>> That sounds pretty good. My daughter had me boil and strip a chicken for
>> its bones so I have some chicken soup. She's putting the bones together for an
>> anatomy class. It's a scary looking thing.
>>
>> https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...qa3PC5dNJd2zUo
>>
>> ==
>>
>> ooerrrrr ......

>What those bones are missing are feet and a head. We do have a lot of those
>in our parking lot though. That's pretty handy.
>
>==
>
>Yers I am sure you can provide the rest so your daughter is able to complete
>what she needs for her autonomy class ... ;p

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/autonomy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, December 5, 2018 at 9:19:45 AM UTC-10, Sheldon wrote:
> On Wed, 5 Dec 2018 "Ophelia" wrote:
> >"dsi1" wrote:
> >
> >December 5, 2018 Ophelia wrote:
> >> "dsi1" wrote:
> >>
> >> That sounds pretty good. My daughter had me boil and strip a chicken for
> >> its bones so I have some chicken soup. She's putting the bones together for an
> >> anatomy class. It's a scary looking thing.
> >>
> >> https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...qa3PC5dNJd2zUo
> >>
> >> ==
> >>
> >> ooerrrrr ......

> >What those bones are missing are feet and a head. We do have a lot of those
> >in our parking lot though. That's pretty handy.
> >
> >==
> >
> >Yers I am sure you can provide the rest so your daughter is able to complete
> >what she needs for her autonomy class ... ;p

> https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/autonomy

Curse you, spell check!!!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Wednesday, December 5, 2018 at 8:57:29 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Wednesday, December 5, 2018 at 8:47:45 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> > "dsi1" wrote in message
> >

> > That sounds pretty good. My daughter had me boil and strip a chicken for
> > its
> > bones so I have some chicken soup. She's putting the bones together for
> > an
> > anatomy class. It's a scary looking thing.
> >
> > https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...qa3PC5dNJd2zUo
> >
> > ==
> >
> > ooerrrrr ......

> What those bones are missing are feet and a head. We do have a lot of
> those
> in our parking lot though. That's pretty handy.
>
> ==
>
> Yers I am sure you can provide the rest so your daughter is able to
> complete
> what she needs for her autonomy class ... ;p

Thanks for the vote of confidence! I have to admit that I am a virgin when
it comes to killing a chicken. That's odd when you consider the number of
chickens that I've cooked and eaten over my lifetime. I have two whole
chickens in the fridge now. I bought it for my wife so she can try out the
rotisserie she bought from her co-worker. I'm rather skeptical about the
whole goofy gizmo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GG43jyZ65R8

==

D. does that kind of thing all the time when he is out shooting.

I used to shoot a lot, but not so much now.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote in message ...

On Wed, 5 Dec 2018 "Ophelia" wrote:
>"dsi1" wrote:
>
>December 5, 2018 Ophelia wrote:
>> "dsi1" wrote:
>>
>> That sounds pretty good. My daughter had me boil and strip a chicken for
>> its bones so I have some chicken soup. She's putting the bones together
>> for an
>> anatomy class. It's a scary looking thing.
>>
>> https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...qa3PC5dNJd2zUo
>>
>> ==
>>
>> ooerrrrr ......

>What those bones are missing are feet and a head. We do have a lot of those
>in our parking lot though. That's pretty handy.
>
>==
>
>Yers I am sure you can provide the rest so your daughter is able to
>complete
>what she needs for her autonomy class ... ;p

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/autonomy

==

Sheldon, it was a joke ..

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 5 Dec 2018 11:53:59 -0800 (PST), dsi1 >
wrote:

>On Wednesday, December 5, 2018 at 9:19:45 AM UTC-10, Sheldon wrote:
>> On Wed, 5 Dec 2018 "Ophelia" wrote:

>> >What those bones are missing are feet and a head. We do have a lot of those
>> >in our parking lot though. That's pretty handy.
>> >
>> >==
>> >
>> >Yers I am sure you can provide the rest so your daughter is able to complete
>> >what she needs for her autonomy class ... ;p

>> https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/autonomy

>Curse you, spell check!!!

Autonomy was spelled correctly, just not the correct woid.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, December 5, 2018 at 10:19:57 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

> ==
>
> D. does that kind of thing all the time when he is out shooting.
>
> I used to shoot a lot, but not so much now.

I'm a citified male and have yet to shoot any of you-know-who's creatures. I once almost shot my brother's friend with an arrow when he ran across the range. Why did he do that? I do not know.

As far as that chicken goes, her bones are going to school to be gawked at by kids and her flesh is in a pot boiling away. I was going to make something with curry powder and coconut milk but decided to make a sweet spicy dish out of her instead. Hopefully, she had a good life - she's going to have a fine finish. Hee hee.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Wednesday, December 5, 2018 at 10:19:57 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

> ==
>
> D. does that kind of thing all the time when he is out shooting.
>
> I used to shoot a lot, but not so much now.

I'm a citified male and have yet to shoot any of you-know-who's creatures. I
once almost shot my brother's friend with an arrow when he ran across the
range. Why did he do that? I do not know.

Blimey

As far as that chicken goes, her bones are going to school to be gawked at
by kids and her flesh is in a pot boiling away. I was going to make
something with curry powder and coconut milk but decided to make a sweet
spicy dish out of her instead. Hopefully, she had a good life - she's going
to have a fine finish. Hee hee.

I sure hope so))

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, December 5, 2018 at 10:40:26 AM UTC-10, Sheldon wrote:

> Autonomy was spelled correctly, just not the correct woid.

Well yeah, what's your point? OTOH, Autonomy 101 would be a great class for the kids to take.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Wednesday, December 5, 2018 at 10:40:26 AM UTC-10, Sheldon wrote:

> Autonomy was spelled correctly, just not the correct woid.

Well yeah, what's your point? OTOH, Autonomy 101 would be a great class for
the kids to take.
==

lol

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/4/2018 4:27 PM, Dave Smith wrote:

> Â*Tumeric Chicken Soup

> Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â* e.. 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into bite
> size pieces

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/4/2018 4:27 PM, Dave Smith wrote:

> Â*Tumeric Chicken Soup

> Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â* e.. 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into bite
> size pieces
> Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â* i.. 1 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric

Heck, I'd leave the turmeric out. It's only gonna add a yellow color.

Actually, it does sound pretty good. BUT, the "turmric" is the least of
it. Flavorless dreck, iMO. The "chicken", "chicken stock", "coconut
milk", and the "peanut better" are the source of yer good flavor.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-12-05 4:32 PM, notbob wrote:
> On 12/4/2018 4:27 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
>
>> Â*Â*Tumeric Chicken Soup

>> Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â* e.. 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into bite
>> size pieces
>> Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â* i.. 1 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric

> Heck, I'd leave the turmeric out.Â* It's only gonna add a yellow color.
>
> Actually, it does sound pretty good.Â* BUT, the "turmric" is the least of
> it.Â* Flavorless dreck, iMO.Â* The "chicken", "chicken stock", "coconut
> milk", and the "peanut better" are the source of yer good flavor.Â*

I am not sure that turmeric is completely tasteless, I will agree that
the major taste components were from the other ingredients.

There is enough left for supper for two tonight. I am looking forward to
it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 5 Dec 2018 16:46:20 -0500, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2018-12-05 4:32 PM, notbob wrote:
>> On 12/4/2018 4:27 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
>>
>>> **Tumeric Chicken Soup

>>> ******** e.. 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into bite
>>> size pieces
>>> ******** i.. 1 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric

>> Heck, I'd leave the turmeric out.* It's only gonna add a yellow color.
>>
>> Actually, it does sound pretty good.* BUT, the "turmric" is the least of
>> it.* Flavorless dreck, iMO.* The "chicken", "chicken stock", "coconut
>> milk", and the "peanut better" are the source of yer good flavor.*
>>

>I am not sure that turmeric is completely tasteless, I will agree that
>the major taste components were from the other ingredients.
>
>There is enough left for supper for two tonight. I am looking forward to
>it.

Turmeric is high in antioxidents, or so I've read. I add some to
chicken soups, I don't mind the daffodil yellow color.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:
> On Wed, 5 Dec 2018 11:53:59 -0800 (PST), dsi1 >
> wrote:

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...qa3PC5dNJd2zUo

>>> https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/autonomy

>> Curse you, spell check!!!

> Autonomy was spelled correctly, just not the correct woid.

Yoose certainly are literate Popeye.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, December 5, 2018 at 12:10:42 PM UTC-10, Sheldon wrote:
> On Wed, 5 Dec 2018 16:46:20 -0500, Dave Smith
> > wrote:

> >> Heck, I'd leave the turmeric out.Â* It's only gonna add a yellow color.
> >>
> >> Actually, it does sound pretty good.Â* BUT, the "turmric" is the least of
> >> it.Â* Flavorless dreck, iMO.Â* The "chicken", "chicken stock", "coconut
> >> milk", and the "peanut better" are the source of yer good flavor.Â*
> >>

> >I am not sure that turmeric is completely tasteless, I will agree that
> >the major taste components were from the other ingredients.
> >
> >There is enough left for supper for two tonight. I am looking forward to
> >it.

> Turmeric is high in antioxidents, or so I've read. I add some to
> chicken soups, I don't mind the daffodil yellow color.

The secretary at work used to make a tumeric salad. I tried a raw chunk of the stuff. It was kind of awful but I suppose I could have increased my lifespan by a couple of hours had I consumed the thing. Looks like I'll have to make up for it somewhere on down the line.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, December 5, 2018 at 9:09:50 AM UTC-6, Dave Smith wrote:

> On 2018-12-05 6:11 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>
> > On Tuesday, December 4, 2018 at 10:23:05 PM UTC-5, wrote:
> >
> >> Ummmmmmm, ok. Sorry, just not appealing to me but glad you enjoyed it!

> > He lost me at coconut milk. I'm likewise glad he enjoyed it.
> >

> It wasn't the peanut butter? It was delicious. My low carbing wife was
> hesitant because of the chick peas and sweet potato, but she liked it so
> much she had seconds.

Well, the peanut butter didn't help, nor the sweet potato, or cilantro, or
jalapenos, or chickpeas.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, December 5, 2018 at 9:13:01 AM UTC-6, Dave Smith wrote:

> Here is the link to the recipe with picture.
>
> https://pulses.org/nap/recipe/golden...-chicken-soup/

Recipe, but no picture.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/5/2018 2:46 PM, Dave Smith wrote:

> I am not sure that turmeric is completely tasteless, I will agree that
> the major taste components were from the other ingredients.

It's as close to "tasteless" as any spice I've ever tried.

> There is enough left for supper for two tonight. I am looking forward to
> it.

As I stated, it sounds very good. What with all that chicken (plus
stock), peppers, cilantro, chick peas, coconut milk, p-butter. Yum! (I
jes added two medallions of raw ginger to my "notbob's minestrone". It
couldn't hurt what yer fixin's to do the same.

In case you haven't noticed, it's a "curry".

I've yet to locate a flavorful turmeric. Tried several brands and have
always been amazed that it's called for. Much like raw mandrake root, I
find that ground powder gives more color than flavor. I notice Hindi
Indians seem to enjoy the color, yellow.

nb --jes my two cents
Posted to rec.food.cooking

notbob > wrote:
> On 12/5/2018 2:46 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
>
>> I am not sure that turmeric is completely tasteless, I will agree that
>> the major taste components were from the other ingredients.

> It's as close to "tasteless" as any spice I've ever tried.
>
>> There is enough left for supper for two tonight. I am looking forward to
>> it.

> As I stated, it sounds very good. What with all that chicken (plus
> stock), peppers, cilantro, chick peas, coconut milk, p-butter. Yum! (I
> jes added two medallions of raw ginger to my "notbob's minestrone". It
> couldn't hurt what yer fixin's to do the same.
>
> In case you haven't noticed, it's a "curry".
>
> I've yet to locate a flavorful turmeric. Tried several brands and have
> always been amazed that it's called for. Much like raw mandrake root, I
> find that ground powder gives more color than flavor. I notice Hindi
> Indians seem to enjoy the color, yellow.
>
> nb --jes my two cents

Hindi Indians? What about the Tamils, Punjabis, Bengalis, etc.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-12-05 7:54 p.m., wrote:
> On Wednesday, December 5, 2018 at 9:13:01 AM UTC-6, Dave Smith wrote:
>>
>> Here is the link to the recipe with picture.

https://pulses.org/nap/recipe/golden...-chicken-soup/

> Recipe, but no picture.

I clicked on it and got the recipe with a photo.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 5 Dec 2018 16:54:27 -0800 (PST), "
> wrote:

>On Wednesday, December 5, 2018 at 9:13:01 AM UTC-6, Dave Smith wrote:
>>
>> Here is the link to the recipe with picture.
>>
>> https://pulses.org/nap/recipe/golden...-chicken-soup/
>>

>Recipe, but no picture.

Yes, there is a picture.

Doris

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, December 5, 2018 at 8:39:56 PM UTC-5, notbob wrote:
> On 12/5/2018 2:46 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
>
> > I am not sure that turmeric is completely tasteless, I will agree that
> > the major taste components were from the other ingredients.

> It's as close to "tasteless" as any spice I've ever tried.

Must be something about your taste buds. I'm always careful not to
overwhelm dishes with its musky tang.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/6/2018 6:27 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Wednesday, December 5, 2018 at 8:39:56 PM UTC-5, notbob wrote:
>> On 12/5/2018 2:46 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
>>
>>> I am not sure that turmeric is completely tasteless, I will agree that
>>> the major taste components were from the other ingredients.

>> It's as close to "tasteless" as any spice I've ever tried.

> Must be something about your taste buds. I'm always careful not to
> overwhelm dishes with its musky tang.

Yes. I made that mistake - once. A pinch is fine, anything else takes over.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/6/2018 6:18 AM, S Viemeister wrote:

> On 12/6/2018 6:27 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

>> On Wednesday, December 5, 2018 at 8:39:56 PM UTC-5, notbob wrote:

>>> It's as close to "tasteless" as any spice I've ever tried.

>> Must be something about your taste buds.Â* I'm always careful not to
>> overwhelm dishes with its musky tang.

> Yes. I made that mistake - once. A pinch is fine, anything else takes over.

I may have gotten a'hold of some "crappy" turmeric OR my taste buds may
be awry. Same "bottom line". I can't use the stuff. 8|

nb