FoodBanter.com

-   -   Taco Bell (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/445239-taco-bell.html)

Bruce[_28_] 30-11-2018 07:18 PM

Taco Bell

Taco Bell in the Netherlands:

<https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DtP53b7WkAAm6qH.jpg>

Julie Bove[_2_] 01-12-2018 05:24 AM

Taco Bell

"Bruce" > wrote in message
> Taco Bell in the Netherlands:
>
> <https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DtP53b7WkAAm6qH.jpg>

So sad. We ate there when I was a kid, on occasion. The food was cheap but
small. My dad finally decided it wasn't worth going there because he would
have to go back 2-3 times to get enough food to fill him up.

As a young adult, I remember them coming out with "healthy" foods. They
tasted good. No clue what was really in them because they didn't have to
disclose the ingredients. We now know that the ground beef has a lot of
fillers in it.

There are only a few things on their menu that taste good to me. Their fries
with cheese sauce which are not currently available, their refried beans and
the bean burrito but I can easily make a bean burrito at home. Sometimes I
like the rice. They tend to change what kind of rice they serve. I'm not
into the cilantro white rice stuff.

Good Mexican food is wonderful! But this is in no way authentic. That's the
sad part.

notbob 01-12-2018 02:30 PM

Taco Bell

On 11/30/2018 12:18 PM, Bruce wrote:
> Taco Bell in the Netherlands:
>
> <https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DtP53b7WkAAm6qH.jpg>

Kinda sad, really.

It happened in our small town, the KFC/Taco Bell joint closed down
(Salida, CO). Why? Beat's me!

I'm not a big TB fan, but I have eaten there. I like their Burrito
Supreme and their "foil-packed sauces" (hot, med, etc).

I also recall TB introducing "cilantro" to USA citizens. It was their
Steak Fajitas and I had never tasted that flavor, before. I liked it!

To me, it was always a struggle between flavor vs cost. Probably, cuz I
first tasted a Taco Bell "whatever" for a mere $0.19! (yes, everything
on the menu only cost nineteen cents). They were charging over $3.00USD
for a single Burrito Supreme, last time I ate there. Knowing what went
into one, I thought three "plus" dollars was rather extreme. Perhaps
others did too. 8|

nb

[email protected] 01-12-2018 02:49 PM

Taco Bell

I like Taco Bell jar salsa on tacos but have been using Chi Chi's.

Sqwertz[_53_] 01-12-2018 08:55 PM

Taco Bell

On Sat, 1 Dec 2018 07:30:42 -0700, notbob wrote:

> On 11/30/2018 12:18 PM, Bruce wrote:
>> Taco Bell in the Netherlands:
>>
>> <https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DtP53b7WkAAm6qH.jpg>

> Kinda sad, really.
>
> It happened in our small town, the KFC/Taco Bell joint closed down
> (Salida, CO). Why? Beat's me!

That store is not closing down, it's opening up. Otherwise they
wouldn't have taco Bell logos on the paper covering the doors (yes,
it's the paper and not on the doors themselves).

What was Bruce's purpose in posting this photo in the first place?
Nevermind - I don't give a shit.

-sw

Thomas[_4_] 01-12-2018 09:15 PM

Taco Bell

On Saturday, December 1, 2018 at 12:24:38 AM UTC-5, Julie Bove wrote:
> "Bruce" > wrote in message
> > Taco Bell in the Netherlands:
> >
> > <https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DtP53b7WkAAm6qH.jpg>

> So sad. We ate there when I was a kid, on occasion. The food was cheap but
> small. My dad finally decided it wasn't worth going there because he would
> have to go back 2-3 times to get enough food to fill him up.

Think about that.

Bruce[_28_] 01-12-2018 09:25 PM

Taco Bell

On Sat, 1 Dec 2018 14:55:32 -0600, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Sat, 1 Dec 2018 07:30:42 -0700, notbob wrote:
>
>> On 11/30/2018 12:18 PM, Bruce wrote:
>>> Taco Bell in the Netherlands:
>>>
>>> <https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DtP53b7WkAAm6qH.jpg>

>> Kinda sad, really.
>>
>> It happened in our small town, the KFC/Taco Bell joint closed down
>> (Salida, CO). Why? Beat's me!

>That store is not closing down, it's opening up. Otherwise they
>wouldn't have taco Bell logos on the paper covering the doors (yes,
>it's the paper and not on the doors themselves).

No, it's one of 3 Taco Bells in the country and they're all closing
down.

>What was Bruce's purpose in posting this photo in the first place?
>Nevermind - I don't give a shit.

Cool, I don't have to anwer the question.

Julie Bove[_2_] 02-12-2018 03:33 AM

Taco Bell

"notbob" > wrote in message
> On 11/30/2018 12:18 PM, Bruce wrote:
>> Taco Bell in the Netherlands:
>>
>> <https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DtP53b7WkAAm6qH.jpg>

> Kinda sad, really.
>
> It happened in our small town, the KFC/Taco Bell joint closed down
> (Salida, CO). Why? Beat's me!
>
> I'm not a big TB fan, but I have eaten there. I like their Burrito
> Supreme and their "foil-packed sauces" (hot, med, etc).
>
> I also recall TB introducing "cilantro" to USA citizens. It was their
> Steak Fajitas and I had never tasted that flavor, before. I liked it!
>
> To me, it was always a struggle between flavor vs cost. Probably, cuz I
> first tasted a Taco Bell "whatever" for a mere $0.19! (yes, everything on
> the menu only cost nineteen cents). They were charging over $3.00USD for
> a single Burrito Supreme, last time I ate there. Knowing what went into
> one, I thought three "plus" dollars was rather extreme. Perhaps others
> did too. 8|

I think things were 39 cents each when I first ate there. Much more limited
menu than now.

[email protected] 02-12-2018 12:47 PM

Taco Bell

10 yrs before that it was all free.

notbob 02-12-2018 02:06 PM

Taco Bell

On 12/1/2018 2:25 PM, Bruce wrote:

> No, it's one of 3 Taco Bells in the country and they're all closing
> down.

TB's are always "closing down". It's cuz they oversold the franchises
when they first came out. I remember all the TB's along El Camino
Real.....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/El_Cam...al_(California)

.....Most of 'em closed down within a couple yrs and the ol' faux adobe
sites became something else. There were dozens of 'em, one every 2-3
miles apart.

TB is owned by PepsiCo, which also bought out "Chevy's", an upscale CA
Mexican resto chain. I hear Chevy's is doing poorly, now. (shrug) ;)

nb

Julie Bove[_2_] 04-12-2018 08:12 AM

Taco Bell

"notbob" > wrote in message
> On 12/1/2018 2:25 PM, Bruce wrote:
>
>> No, it's one of 3 Taco Bells in the country and they're all closing
>> down.

> TB's are always "closing down". It's cuz they oversold the franchises
> when they first came out. I remember all the TB's along El Camino
> Real.....
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/El_Cam...al_(California)
>
> ....Most of 'em closed down within a couple yrs and the ol' faux adobe
> sites became something else. There were dozens of 'em, one every 2-3
> miles apart.
>
> TB is owned by PepsiCo, which also bought out "Chevy's", an upscale CA
> Mexican resto chain. I hear Chevy's is doing poorly, now. (shrug) ;)

We had a Chevy's here in WA. It's not upscale at all. The food was terrible
and they didn't stay open for long. Had the most horrid salsa I'd ever
tasted. And they put some weird corn paste thing on the plate. SF liked it
but I don't know anyone else who did. My ex liked to eat there. Angela and I
wouldn't. We did go there with him, had a drink only then ate when we got
home. I love Mexican food but what they served was some odd Americanized
stuff.

dsi1[_17_] 04-12-2018 08:57 AM

Taco Bell

On Sunday, December 2, 2018 at 4:06:10 AM UTC-10, notbob wrote:
> On 12/1/2018 2:25 PM, Bruce wrote:
>
> > No, it's one of 3 Taco Bells in the country and they're all closing
> > down.

> TB's are always "closing down". It's cuz they oversold the franchises
> when they first came out. I remember all the TB's along El Camino
> Real.....
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/El_Cam...al_(California)
>
> ....Most of 'em closed down within a couple yrs and the ol' faux adobe
> sites became something else. There were dozens of 'em, one every 2-3
> miles apart.
>
> TB is owned by PepsiCo, which also bought out "Chevy's", an upscale CA
> Mexican resto chain. I hear Chevy's is doing poorly, now. (shrug) ;)
>
> nb

We got one Taco Bell in our town. I don't mind eating there. It's cheap and doesn't make me feel shitty after eating the food. Those things are important in my book. It is kind of a uncomfortable and not real pleasant to be. I guess that's part of the corporate strategy. You get your cheap food and they want your ass out of the joint in record time. :)

notbob 06-12-2018 07:14 PM

Taco Bell

On 12/4/2018 1:12 AM, Julie Bove wrote:

> We had a Chevy's here in WA. It's not upscale at all. The food was
> terrible and they didn't stay open for long. Had the most horrid salsa
> I'd ever tasted.

Chevy's usta be a local SFBA chain, before PesiCo bought it. I remember
eating at the one across the street from The Winchester House in San
Jose. Even hadda hot babe making flour tacos in the automatic taco
machine that usta be "front and center".

I always remember what pro-Taco Bell comedian Chris Porter sez about
Taco Bell.

"MY girlfriend doesn't like Taco Bell! ....we're not together,
anymore." ;)

nb