Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Watch Out Judge Judy. . .

You are correct, Barbie Gee, but in Springer's court, we may see some of that ridiculous over the
top physical stuff. It depends on what the producers want, and how "judicial" Springer wants to act.
Nobody can successfully imitate JJ, she is the OG.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy2" > wrote in message
> You are correct, Barbie Gee, but in Springer's court, we may see some of
> that ridiculous over the
> top physical stuff. It depends on what the producers want, and how
> "judicial" Springer wants to act.
> Nobody can successfully imitate JJ, she is the OG.
>
> N.

Looks like that rumor was just that, she said she is not retiring anytime
soon and the speculation is wrong.

https://www.today.com/popculture/jud...y-time-t141657

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-12-01 8:43 AM, Nancy2 wrote:
> You are correct, Barbie Gee, but in Springer's court, we may see some
> of that ridiculous over the top physical stuff. It depends on what
> the producers want, and how "judicial" Springer wants to act. Nobody
> can successfully imitate JJ, she is the OG.

I don't think Springer would want to successfully imitate JJ. He would
be more likely to stage even more bizarre scenarios because the people
who watch that crap go for it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheri" wrote in message news
"Nancy2" > wrote in message
> You are correct, Barbie Gee, but in Springer's court, we may see some of
> that ridiculous over the
> top physical stuff. It depends on what the producers want, and how
> "judicial" Springer wants to act.
> Nobody can successfully imitate JJ, she is the OG.
>
> N.

Looks like that rumor was just that, she said she is not retiring anytime
soon and the speculation is wrong.

https://www.today.com/popculture/jud...y-time-t141657

==

Good! I don't get to see a lot of her, but I always enjoy it when I do)

Posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

Cheri wrote:

> "Nancy2" > wrote in message
> > You are correct, Barbie Gee, but in Springer's court, we may see some of
> > that ridiculous over the
> > top physical stuff. It depends on what the producers want, and how
> > "judicial" Springer wants to act.
> > Nobody can successfully imitate JJ, she is the OG.
> >
> > N.

> Looks like that rumor was just that, she said she is not retiring anytime
> soon and the speculation is wrong.
>
> https://www.today.com/popculture/jud...y-time-t141657

Nope, she has mentioned many times that she is happy to keep working, she really enjoys what she does...

And she'd make a GREAT President, donchya think...???

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

JJ for President? LOL. She would probably start WWIII by telling Putin. "You're NUTS!"
But more power to her.
I would rather have Ellen Degeneris, now that we are thinking of the best outcomes.

N.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dave Smith" > wrote in message
> On 2018-12-01 8:43 AM, Nancy2 wrote:
>> You are correct, Barbie Gee, but in Springer's court, we may see some
>> of that ridiculous over the top physical stuff. It depends on what
>> the producers want, and how "judicial" Springer wants to act. Nobody
>> can successfully imitate JJ, she is the OG.
>>

> I don't think Springer would want to successfully imitate JJ. He would be
> more likely to stage even more bizarre scenarios because the people who
> watch that crap go for it.

I am really laughing at that because in the original post I thought they
were referring to Judge Jerry Sheindlin, JJ's husband, but it SPRINGER! OMG,
I can't imagine watching that man do anything, though he must be
entertaining to many.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"GM" > wrote in message
> Cheri wrote:
>
>> "Nancy2" > wrote in message
>> > You are correct, Barbie Gee, but in Springer's court, we may see some
>> > of
>> > that ridiculous over the
>> > top physical stuff. It depends on what the producers want, and how
>> > "judicial" Springer wants to act.
>> > Nobody can successfully imitate JJ, she is the OG.
>> >
>> > N.

>> Looks like that rumor was just that, she said she is not retiring anytime
>> soon and the speculation is wrong.
>>
>> https://www.today.com/popculture/jud...y-time-t141657

> Nope, she has mentioned many times that she is happy to keep working, she
> really enjoys what she does...
>
> And she'd make a GREAT President, donchya think...???
>
> --
> Best
> Greg

No, can't agree there.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-12-01 12:53 PM, Cheri wrote:

>> I don't think Springer would want to successfully imitate JJ. He would
>> be more likely to stage even more bizarre scenarios because the people
>> who watch that crap go for it.

> I am really laughing at that because in the original post I thought they
> were referring to Judge Jerry Sheindlin, JJ's husband, but it SPRINGER!
> OMG, I can't imagine watching that man do anything, though he must be
> entertaining to many.

I have him to thank for leading an active life. When I retired I made a
vow that if I ever found myself sitting around watching Jerry Springer I
would have to go out and get a job.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-12-01 12:55 PM, Cheri wrote:
> "GM" > wrote in message

>> Nope, she has mentioned many times that she is happy to keep working,
>> she really enjoys what she does...
>>
>> And she'd make a GREAT President, donchya think...???
>>
>> --
>> Best
>> Greg

> No, can't agree there.

She might not make a good president, but she would likely be an
improvement over the Trumpster.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-12-01 10:55 a.m., Cheri wrote:
> "GM" > wrote in message
>> Cheri* wrote:

>>> some > of

>>> Looks like that rumor was just that, she said she is not retiring
>>> anytime
>>> soon and the speculation is wrong.
>>>
>>> https://www.today.com/popculture/jud...y-time-t141657
>>>

>> Nope, she has mentioned many times that she is happy to keep working,
>> she really enjoys what she does...
>>
>> And she'd make a GREAT President, donchya think...???
>>
>> --
>> Best
>> Greg

> No, can't agree there.
>
> Cheri

Far too RW, judging by some of her comments.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/1/2018 12:53 PM, Cheri wrote:
> "Dave Smith" > wrote in message
>> On 2018-12-01 8:43 AM, Nancy2 wrote:
>>> You are correct, Barbie Gee, but in Springer's court, we may see some
>>> of that ridiculous over the top physical stuff.* It depends on what
>>> the producers want, and how "judicial" Springer wants to act. Nobody
>>> can successfully imitate JJ, she is the OG.
>>>

>> I don't think Springer would want to successfully imitate JJ. He would
>> be more likely to stage even more bizarre scenarios because the people
>> who watch that crap go for it.

> I am really laughing at that because in the original post I thought they
> were referring to Judge Jerry Sheindlin, JJ's husband, but it SPRINGER!
> OMG, I can't imagine watching that man do anything, though he must be
> entertaining to many.
>
> Cheri

He was Mayor of Cincinnati for a couple of years in the late 70s. I
guess his show is not much different than politics when you get down to it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in message
> On 12/1/2018 12:53 PM, Cheri wrote:
>>>>

>>> I don't think Springer would want to successfully imitate JJ. He would
>>> be more likely to stage even more bizarre scenarios because the people
>>> who watch that crap go for it.

>> I am really laughing at that because in the original post I thought they
>> were referring to Judge Jerry Sheindlin, JJ's husband, but it SPRINGER!
>> OMG, I can't imagine watching that man do anything, though he must be
>> entertaining to many.
>>
>> Cheri

> He was Mayor of Cincinnati for a couple of years in the late 70s. I guess
> his show is not much different than politics when you get down to it.

I haven't seen his show since I got the DVR a few years ago. Some people
like that screaming and fighting around on shows, I do not. I feel the same
way about Doctor Phil since he became so Springer like with his guests and a
walking infomercial for his products.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-12-01 2:26 PM, Cheri wrote:
> "Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in message

>> He was Mayor of Cincinnati for a couple of years in the late 70s.Â* I
>> guess his show is not much different than politics when you get down
>> to it.

> I haven't seen his show since I got the DVR a few years ago. Some people
> like that screaming and fighting around on shows, I do not. I feel the
> same way about Doctor Phil since he became so Springer like with his
> guests and a walking infomercial for his products.

I only very slightly more likely to watch Dr.Phil than Springer. On one
of the rare occasions that I found myself watching daytime TV a was
channel surging and paused at the Dr.Phil as he talked about one of his
serial guests. IIRC In his first appearance his wife accused him of
messing around. Then he moved in with his girlfriend and she was
messing around on him. Then he had an affair with his step son's
girlfriend. Then he got her pregnant....

These shows remind me of Andy Warhol movies. The characters are too
weird to be real, and too badly portrayed to be real actors.

I recall a comedy show podcast where the introduction of one of the
comics had a short bio that included having acted in Springer show
appearances.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, December 1, 2018 at 1:27:18 PM UTC-6, Cheri wrote:

> I haven't seen his show since I got the DVR a few years ago. Some people
> like that screaming and fighting around on shows, I do not. I feel the same
> way about Doctor Phil since he became so Springer like with his guests and a
> walking infomercial for his products.
>
> Cheri

I can't stand any of those talks shows; Okra, Jerry Springer, The View, The
Chew, Ellen Degenerate, whoever. Two or three times a year I'll turn on
Judge Judy and that's about it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 1 Dec 2018 11:56:14 -0800 (PST), "
> wrote:

>On Saturday, December 1, 2018 at 1:27:18 PM UTC-6, Cheri wrote:
>>
>> I haven't seen his show since I got the DVR a few years ago. Some people
>> like that screaming and fighting around on shows, I do not. I feel the same
>> way about Doctor Phil since he became so Springer like with his guests and a
>> walking infomercial for his products.
>>
>> Cheri
>>

>I can't stand any of those talks shows; Okra, Jerry Springer, The View, The
>Chew, Ellen Degenerate, whoever. Two or three times a year I'll turn on
>Judge Judy and that's about it.

Hey, I always call her Ellen Degenerate too. Okra sounds a bit racist,
though.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith wrote:

> I only very slightly more likely to watch Dr.Phil than Springer. On one
> of the rare occasions that I found myself watching daytime TV...

You're only fooling yourself here, Dave. You constantly talk
about daytime tv and you do have a good knowledge of it. Admit
it...you do watch and like all those shows. No need to be
embarrassed and try to deny though. Television does NOT always
need to be educational and all that. Sometimes just dumb,
worthless but amusing tv is good. It's entertainment, that's all.
If you enjoy the very dumbest show, it's entertainment that you
happen to like and that's all that really matters in YOUR life.
Don't worry about what others may think...especially here in the
mean RFC group. lol

I often read here where people say, "I admit that I'll
occasionally eat this." It's some frowned upon food but that's
just stupid to me. Do what you like, eat what you like and don't
worry about what others think. In this ng, no matter what you
say, someone is sure to challenge or criticize it. Screw them. No
worries.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 01 Dec 2018 15:11:51 -0500, Gary > wrote:

>You're only fooling yourself here, Dave. You constantly talk
>about daytime tv and you do have a good knowledge of it. Admit
>it...you do watch and like all those shows. No need to be
>embarrassed and try to deny though. Television does NOT always
>need to be educational and all that. Sometimes just dumb,
>worthless but amusing tv is good. It's entertainment, that's all.
>If you enjoy the very dumbest show, it's entertainment that you
>happen to like and that's all that really matters in YOUR life.
>Don't worry about what others may think...especially here in the
>mean RFC group. lol
>
>I often read here where people say, "I admit that I'll
>occasionally eat this." It's some frowned upon food but that's
>just stupid to me. Do what you like, eat what you like and don't
>worry about what others think. In this ng, no matter what you
>say, someone is sure to challenge or criticize it. Screw them. No
>worries.

Is it also ok to comment on everything you feel like commenting on? Or
are there rules for that?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, December 1, 2018 at 2:02:39 PM UTC-6, Bruce wrote:

> On Sat, 1 Dec 2018 11:56:14 -0800 (PST), "
> > wrote:
>
> >I can't stand any of those talks shows; Okra, Jerry Springer, The View, The
> >Chew, Ellen Degenerate, whoever. Two or three times a year I'll turn on
> >Judge Judy and that's about it.

> Hey, I always call her Ellen Degenerate too. Okra sounds a bit racist,
> though.

None of the black folks around here have raised any objections when I refer to
her as Okra.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 1 Dec 2018 12:48:44 -0800 (PST), "
> wrote:

>On Saturday, December 1, 2018 at 2:02:39 PM UTC-6, Bruce wrote:
>>
>> On Sat, 1 Dec 2018 11:56:14 -0800 (PST), "
>> > wrote:
>>
>> >I can't stand any of those talks shows; Okra, Jerry Springer, The View, The
>> >Chew, Ellen Degenerate, whoever. Two or three times a year I'll turn on
>> >Judge Judy and that's about it.

>> Hey, I always call her Ellen Degenerate too. Okra sounds a bit racist,
>> though.
>>

>None of the black folks around here have raised any objections when I refer to
>her as Okra.

Well, who am I then.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 1 Dec 2018, Dave Smith wrote:

> On 2018-12-01 8:43 AM, Nancy2 wrote:
>> You are correct, Barbie Gee, but in Springer's court, we may see some
>> of that ridiculous over the top physical stuff. It depends on what
>> the producers want, and how "judicial" Springer wants to act. Nobody
>> can successfully imitate JJ, she is the OG.
>>

> I don't think Springer would want to successfully imitate JJ. He would be
> more likely to stage even more bizarre scenarios because the people who watch
> that crap go for it.

EXACTLU!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cheri, it isn't so much his products...he willingly pimps out his wife Robin's skincare line,
even going so far as having "guests," who are supposedly having trouble finding time
to take care of themselves effectively, and stories such as that. It's disgusting.

But, to his credit, if a "guest" is disrespectful, or uses bad language, or seems to be
acting out in any way, he makes them leave the stage immediately. I think
he genuinely doesn't want his show to turn into one like Springer's.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy2" > wrote in message
> Cheri, it isn't so much his products...he willingly pimps out his wife
> Robin's skincare line,
> even going so far as having "guests," who are supposedly having trouble
> finding time
> to take care of themselves effectively, and stories such as that. It's
> disgusting.
>
> But, to his credit, if a "guest" is disrespectful, or uses bad language,
> or seems to be
> acting out in any way, he makes them leave the stage immediately. I think
> he genuinely doesn't want his show to turn into one like Springer's.
>
> N.

He was always hawking his books and his sons books so I'm not surprised he's
hawking her stuff, a real turn off.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 2 Dec 2018 07:11:57 -0800, "Cheri" >
wrote:

>"Nancy2" > wrote in message
>> Cheri, it isn't so much his products...he willingly pimps out his wife
>> Robin's skincare line,
>> even going so far as having "guests," who are supposedly having trouble
>> finding time
>> to take care of themselves effectively, and stories such as that. It's
>> disgusting.
>>
>> But, to his credit, if a "guest" is disrespectful, or uses bad language,
>> or seems to be
>> acting out in any way, he makes them leave the stage immediately. I think
>> he genuinely doesn't want his show to turn into one like Springer's.
>>
>> N.

>He was always hawking his books and his sons books so I'm not surprised he's
>hawking her stuff, a real turn off.

Cheri, you're being critical. That was not the deal. Back into the
sheeple fold, please.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bruce" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 2 Dec 2018 07:11:57 -0800, "Cheri" >
> wrote:
>
>>"Nancy2" > wrote in message
>>> Cheri, it isn't so much his products...he willingly pimps out his wife
>>> Robin's skincare line,
>>> even going so far as having "guests," who are supposedly having trouble
>>> finding time
>>> to take care of themselves effectively, and stories such as that. It's
>>> disgusting.
>>>
>>> But, to his credit, if a "guest" is disrespectful, or uses bad language,
>>> or seems to be
>>> acting out in any way, he makes them leave the stage immediately. I
>>> think
>>> he genuinely doesn't want his show to turn into one like Springer's.
>>>
>>> N.

>>He was always hawking his books and his sons books so I'm not surprised
>>he's
>>hawking her stuff, a real turn off.

> Cheri, you're being critical. That was not the deal. Back into the
> sheeple fold, please.

Bite me Bruce, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm lambchops, so tasty.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 2 Dec 2018 09:58:43 -0800, "Cheri" >
wrote:

>"Bruce" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Sun, 2 Dec 2018 07:11:57 -0800, "Cheri" >
>> wrote:

>>>He was always hawking his books and his sons books so I'm not surprised
>>>he's
>>>hawking her stuff, a real turn off.

>> Cheri, you're being critical. That was not the deal. Back into the
>> sheeple fold, please.

>Bite me Bruce, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm lambchops, so tasty.

lol
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheri" wrote in message news
"Bruce" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 2 Dec 2018 07:11:57 -0800, "Cheri" >
> wrote:
>
>>"Nancy2" > wrote in message
>>> Cheri, it isn't so much his products...he willingly pimps out his wife
>>> Robin's skincare line,
>>> even going so far as having "guests," who are supposedly having trouble
>>> finding time
>>> to take care of themselves effectively, and stories such as that. It's
>>> disgusting.
>>>
>>> But, to his credit, if a "guest" is disrespectful, or uses bad language,
>>> or seems to be
>>> acting out in any way, he makes them leave the stage immediately. I
>>> think
>>> he genuinely doesn't want his show to turn into one like Springer's.
>>>
>>> N.

>>He was always hawking his books and his sons books so I'm not surprised
>>he's
>>hawking her stuff, a real turn off.

> Cheri, you're being critical. That was not the deal. Back into the
> sheeple fold, please.

Bite me Bruce, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm lambchops, so tasty.

Cheri

==

lol sheesh, you two ..... <g>

RIP Judy Rodgers Bi!! Wine 1 04-12-2013 09:09 PM
Thnx to Judy Haffner notbob General Cooking 6 15-08-2012 10:56 PM
what Judy does Giusi General Cooking 35 04-02-2012 05:17 AM
Judy's Tenderloin 7Hawks Recipes 0 20-11-2004 11:04 PM
Judy's "Ten Pound" Fudge Richard Recipes (moderated) 0 15-11-2003 04:51 PM