Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Do you have some thyme to read this?

On Tue, 20 Nov 2018 01:19:03 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:

> > wrote in message

>>> Irony: Julie handing out gratuitous advice telling you what your
>>> food needs.
>>>

>> Ain't that the damned truth. I'm willing to bet if quiche every crosses
>> her threshold it's one she's bought then will bitch they don't like
>> quiche.

> Nonsense. I've made it before. It's nobody's favorite food though.

Heh. Joan wins that bet.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, November 20, 2018 at 9:34:39 AM UTC-6, Sqwertz wrote:

> >> She's stated several times that eggs are her only "true allergy".
> >> So quiche advice from her is Extra Special USDA Grade AA Prime
> >> irony.

> > Bullshit. I have no true food allergies. Eggs make me violently ill though
> > so I don't eat them. That doesn't stop me from making them though.

> https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=...8/D_aEsqd1bTcJ
>
> "I didn't have the egg allergy back then"
>
> -sw

Time after time and time again Ju-Ju is proved to be a flat out liar but
then will deny she ever said such a thing when proof is staring her in
the face. It must be awful not being able to keep your lies straight
and Ju-Ju definitely cannot.

Scratch a liar, find a thief.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/16/2018 8:57 PM, Cheri wrote:
> "Gary" > wrote in message
>> " wrote:
>>>
>>> Thursday evening I decide to eat another slice and if it was as
>>> disagree-
>>> able as it was Tuesday it would go in the garbage for Friday pickup.* Oh
>>> my, the thorough chilling improved the taste immeasurably!

>> I've noticed that many dishes, while are good right away, are
>> often better the next day. Notably, chili, my recent pork chops
>> with mushroom gravy. Even beef stew and homemade spaghetti sauce.
>> Good now but even better later.
>>
>> The overnight rest and blend really does benefit many things. Too
>> bad for the few here that don't eat leftovers....their loss.

> I roasted a smaller turkey today, 13 pounds. I sliced it up to send to a
> potluck that I didn't attend due to the terrible air, I rubbed it all
> over with butter that had thyme in it, really a nice flavor, I used the
> carcass to make some turkey soup. I made dumplings to go with it and a
> green salad, we had it for dinner. The soup is so good, turkey carcasses
> make great soup. I will be eating it for a few days, since it is always
> better the next day too. Now, I am sick of fooling around with a turkey,
> so will not have that for Thanksgiving.
>
> Cheri

I've been wondering about you what with all the horrific fires in CA.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message news:FCZID.581701

> I've been wondering about you what with all the horrific fires in CA.
>
> Jill

It's supposed to rain hard tomorrow, we need it and it will help with all
the horrible smoke, but the downside is that there will probably be
mudslides etc. The fires have been truly terrible.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheri" wrote in message news
"jmcquown" > wrote in message news:FCZID.581701

> I've been wondering about you what with all the horrific fires in CA.
>
> Jill

It's supposed to rain hard tomorrow, we need it and it will help with all
the horrible smoke, but the downside is that there will probably be
mudslides etc. The fires have been truly terrible.

Cheri

==

Yes It has all been on our news