Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Fresh Made Refrigerated Pasta

On Wednesday, November 14, 2018 at 6:55:42 AM UTC-5, Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> I don't remember the brand (could have been Barilla), but at least 20
> years ago there was fresh made vacuum-packed refrigerated pasta being
> sold at several supermarkets. IIRC, it included gnocci, spaghetti,
> tortelini, etc. There were also packages of similarly processed fresh
> sauces sold side by side with the pasta. I was always tempted to buy
> it, but never managed to do so. It looked good in the package.

There are several brands available. The mass-market brand is Buitoni.
My husband likes (fairly well) their Italian sausage tortellini.
"Fresh" is a relative term. It always seems to come out of the package
a little desiccated.

We have a local pasta maker whose product is available in some
grocery stores here. It's better, of course. But more expensive.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/14/2018 9:09 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Wednesday, November 14, 2018 at 6:55:42 AM UTC-5, Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>> I don't remember the brand (could have been Barilla), but at least 20
>> years ago there was fresh made vacuum-packed refrigerated pasta being
>> sold at several supermarkets. IIRC, it included gnocci, spaghetti,
>> tortelini, etc. There were also packages of similarly processed fresh
>> sauces sold side by side with the pasta. I was always tempted to buy
>> it, but never managed to do so. It looked good in the package.

> There are several brands available. The mass-market brand is Buitoni.
> My husband likes (fairly well) their Italian sausage tortellini.
> "Fresh" is a relative term. It always seems to come out of the package
> a little desiccated.
>
> We have a local pasta maker whose product is available in some
> grocery stores here. It's better, of course. But more expensive.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

Yes, they seem to be slightly dessicated (dry), especially if you're
buying, say, linquini or angel hair pasta. I can't be bothered making
tortellini or ravioli from scratch but have occasionally bought the
refrigerated Buitoni brand. The sauces are pretty good, too. It's
quick fix stuff and comes in handy from time to time.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, November 14, 2018 at 3:22:19 PM UTC-5, Jill McQuown wrote:
> On 11/14/2018 9:09 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> > On Wednesday, November 14, 2018 at 6:55:42 AM UTC-5, Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> >> I don't remember the brand (could have been Barilla), but at least 20
> >> years ago there was fresh made vacuum-packed refrigerated pasta being
> >> sold at several supermarkets. IIRC, it included gnocci, spaghetti,
> >> tortelini, etc. There were also packages of similarly processed fresh
> >> sauces sold side by side with the pasta. I was always tempted to buy
> >> it, but never managed to do so. It looked good in the package.

> > There are several brands available. The mass-market brand is Buitoni.
> > My husband likes (fairly well) their Italian sausage tortellini.
> > "Fresh" is a relative term. It always seems to come out of the package
> > a little desiccated.
> >
> > We have a local pasta maker whose product is available in some
> > grocery stores here. It's better, of course. But more expensive.
> >
> > Cindy Hamilton
> >

> Yes, they seem to be slightly dessicated (dry), especially if you're
> buying, say, linquini or angel hair pasta. I can't be bothered making
> tortellini or ravioli from scratch but have occasionally bought the
> refrigerated Buitoni brand. The sauces are pretty good, too. It's
> quick fix stuff and comes in handy from time to time.
>
> Jill

I've made ravioli at home. Making canneloni was just as satisfying,
and much easier.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> On Wed 14 Nov 2018 01:22:14p, jmcquown told us...
>
>> On 11/14/2018 9:09 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>>>
>>> There are several brands available. The mass-market brand is
>>> Buitoni. My husband likes (fairly well) their Italian sausage
>>> tortellini. "Fresh" is a relative term. It always seems to come
>>> out of the package a little desiccated.
>>>
>>> We have a local pasta maker whose product is available in some
>>> grocery stores here. It's better, of course. But more
>>> expensive.
>>>
>>> Cindy Hamilton
>>>

>> Yes, they seem to be slightly dessicated (dry), especially if
>> you're buying, say, linquini or angel hair pasta. I can't be
>> bothered making tortellini or ravioli from scratch but have
>> occasionally bought the refrigerated Buitoni brand. The sauces
>> are pretty good, too. It's quick fix stuff and comes in handy
>> from time to time.
>>
>> Jill
>>

> Ah yes, it was Buitoni, not Barilla that I was referring to. It's
> been more than two decades since I've seen it, except ao venture to a
> supermarket back in Cleveland on our last visit.
>
> I also can't be bothered with making tortelilini or ravioli from
> scratch. However, I don't mind mind making gnocci from scratch.
>
> I can get good quality frozen tortellini and ravioli, and paired with
> a good sauce seems to be just as tasty as homemade.

We make ravioli. I roll out the dough strips and my wife makes a
filling with ricotta cheese, Romano cheese, prosciutto, parsley. Never
had a store bought as good.

She puts gobs of the filling along the dough, folds it over, cuts with a
wheel. You can make about 10 on the strip.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> On Wed 14 Nov 2018 01:22:14p, jmcquown told us...
>
>> On 11/14/2018 9:09 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>>>
>>> There are several brands available. The mass-market brand is
>>> Buitoni. My husband likes (fairly well) their Italian sausage
>>> tortellini. "Fresh" is a relative term. It always seems to come
>>> out of the package a little desiccated.
>>>
>>> We have a local pasta maker whose product is available in some
>>> grocery stores here. It's better, of course. But more
>>> expensive.
>>>
>>> Cindy Hamilton
>>>

>> Yes, they seem to be slightly dessicated (dry), especially if
>> you're buying, say, linquini or angel hair pasta. I can't be
>> bothered making tortellini or ravioli from scratch but have
>> occasionally bought the refrigerated Buitoni brand. The sauces
>> are pretty good, too. It's quick fix stuff and comes in handy
>> from time to time.
>>
>> Jill
>>

> Ah yes, it was Buitoni, not Barilla that I was referring to. It's
> been more than two decades since I've seen it, except ao venture to a
> supermarket back in Cleveland on our last visit.
>
> I also can't be bothered with making tortelilini or ravioli from
> scratch. However, I don't mind mind making gnocci from scratch.

I've never made ravioli from scratch but I worked with a woman whose
elderly mother was Italian. She made lobster ravioli (in a large
quantity) once a year for an Italian festival in Memphis. The whole
family joined in the preparation. Ravioli sounds easy. A large sheet
of pasta with spooned little bits of filling, well spaced, then using a
pastry wheel to cut it. Crimped the edges with a fork. It was
delicious! I just haven't bothered. I'm glad she shared some of it
with me.

I have yet to make gnocchi. I've found some recipes for potato gnocchi,
spinach gnocchi and even butternut squash gnocchi in the cookbook 'La
Cuchina'. Looks simple enough but I haven't tried to make gnocchi... yet.

> I can get good quality frozen tortellini and ravioli, and paired with
> a good sauce seems to be just as tasty as homemade.
>
> Although I can and do make them, I have also boght frozen pierogi,
> but tere's usually a couple of fillings available. When I make them
> from scratch I make at last four different fillngs. The trick is
> shaping or marking them each in a different way in order to tell them
> apart. I don't like to have to cook them separately. I usually make
> a browned butter with onion and serve over them.

I've never had peirogi. I've seen cheese pierogi in the freezer case
but I have ever bought or even thought much about it.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> I make pierogi and stuffed cabbage rolls once a year. I'd probably
> do it more often, but I get no help in the kitchen from David in the
> kithen. David does make an incredible lasagne from a recipe given to
> him by his BIL who is a 1st generation Italian. My lasagne is really
> good but he prefers his, and he likes lasagne much more than I do. I
> won't argauaea athe point.:-)

I'm not arguing about anything. I haven't made cabbage rolls in years
but my mother wrote out her recipe for me. They really are tasty.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/14/2018 5:26 PM, jmcquown wrote:
> On 11/14/2018 5:18 PM, Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>> I make pierogi and stuffed cabbage rolls once a year.Â* I'd probably
>> do it more often, but I get no help in the kitchen from David in the
>> kithen.Â* David does make an incredible lasagne from a recipe given to
>> him by his BIL who is a 1st generation Italian.Â* My lasagne is really
>> good but he prefers his, and he likes lasagne much more than I do.Â* I
>> won't argauaea athe point.:-)

> I'm not arguing about anything.Â* I haven't made cabbage rolls in years
> but my mother wrote out her recipe for me.Â* They really are tasty.

Would you consider posting her recipe?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Stuffed Cabbage Rolls (WAS: Fresh Made Refrigerated Pasta)

On 11/14/2018 7:11 PM, S Viemeister wrote:
> On 11/14/2018 5:26 PM, jmcquown wrote:
>>
>> I'm not arguing about anything.Â* I haven't made cabbage rolls in years
>> but my mother wrote out her recipe for me.Â* They really are tasty.
>>

> Would you consider posting her recipe?

Of course! Let me get it... handwritten (I love hand written recipes).
Mom called it 'Hungarian' but I doubt that is accurate. She was born
and raised in Ohio in the USA.

Mom's "Hungarian" Stuffed Cabbage Rolls

8 large green cabbage leaves

Filling:
1 cup cooked long grain white rice
1/2 lb. ground round beef
1/2 lb. ground pork
1/2 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
1 cup minced onion
1 large egg, beaten

Sauce:
1 can tomato soup
1 cup water
1 cup chopped onion
4 Tbs. sour cream

Cook cabbage leaves in boiling water 5 minutes. Drain. Combine filling
ingredients and divide into 8 equal portions. Wrap each portion in a
cabbage leaf and secure with toothpicks. Place in a deep pan with a
lid. Add the sauce. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Reduce heat
and simmer, turning cabbage rolls occasionally. Cook about 1 hour.

IIRC, later in life she used canned tomato juice rather than canned
tomato soup and water. The sour cream is a must for the sauce.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
says...

> On 11/14/2018 7:11 PM, S Viemeister wrote:
> > On 11/14/2018 5:26 PM, jmcquown wrote:
> >>
> >> I'm not arguing about anything.* I haven't made cabbage rolls in years
> >> but my mother wrote out her recipe for me.* They really are tasty.
> >>

> > Would you consider posting her recipe?
> >

> Of course! Let me get it... handwritten (I love hand written recipes).
> Mom called it 'Hungarian' but I doubt that is accurate. She was born
> and raised in Ohio in the USA.
>
> Mom's "Hungarian" Stuffed Cabbage Rolls
>
> 8 large green cabbage leaves
>
> Filling:
> 1 cup cooked long grain white rice
> 1/2 lb. ground round beef
> 1/2 lb. ground pork
> 1/2 tsp. salt
> 1/8 tsp. pepper
> 1 cup minced onion
> 1 large egg, beaten
>
> Sauce:
> 1 can tomato soup
> 1 cup water
> 1 cup chopped onion
> 4 Tbs. sour cream
>
> Cook cabbage leaves in boiling water 5 minutes. Drain. Combine filling
> ingredients and divide into 8 equal portions. Wrap each portion in a
> cabbage leaf and secure with toothpicks. Place in a deep pan with a
> lid. Add the sauce. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Reduce heat
> and simmer, turning cabbage rolls occasionally. Cook about 1 hour.
>
> IIRC, later in life she used canned tomato juice rather than canned
> tomato soup and water. The sour cream is a must for the sauce.
>
> Jill

I love stuffed cabbage leaves, similar to above except there's fennel
seeds in the filling. I put them in a shallow dish , cover with tom
sauce and bake them in the oven.

Janet UK
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/14/2018 9:14 PM, jmcquown wrote:
> On 11/14/2018 7:11 PM, S Viemeister wrote:
>> On 11/14/2018 5:26 PM, jmcquown wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm not arguing about anything.Â* I haven't made cabbage rolls in
>>> years but my mother wrote out her recipe for me.Â* They really are
>>> tasty.
>>>

>> Would you consider posting her recipe?
>>

> Of course!Â* Let me get it... handwritten (I love hand written recipes).
> Mom called it 'Hungarian' but I doubt that is accurate.Â* She was born
> and raised in Ohio in the USA.
>
> Mom's "Hungarian" Stuffed Cabbage Rolls
>
> 8 large green cabbage leaves
>
> Filling:
> 1 cup cooked long grain white rice
> 1/2 lb. ground round beef
> 1/2 lb. ground pork
> 1/2 tsp. salt
> 1/8 tsp. pepper
> 1 cup minced onion
> 1 large egg, beaten
>
> Sauce:
> 1 can tomato soup
> 1 cup water
> 1 cup chopped onion
> 4 Tbs. sour cream
>
> Cook cabbage leaves in boiling water 5 minutes.Â* Drain.Â* Combine filling
> ingredients and divide into 8 equal portions.Â* Wrap each portion in a
> cabbage leaf and secure with toothpicks.Â* Place in a deep pan with a
> lid.Â* Add the sauce.Â* Bring to a simmer over medium heat.Â* Reduce heat
> and simmer, turning cabbage rolls occasionally.Â* Cook about 1 hour.
>
> IIRC, later in life she used canned tomato juice rather than canned
> tomato soup and water.Â* The sour cream is a must for the sauce.
>
> Jill

Thank you. I like the idea of adding sour cream, and I'd never
considered using both beef and pork.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/15/2018 3:05 AM, Janet wrote:
> In article >,
> says...

>>> Would you consider posting her recipe?
>>>

>> Of course! Let me get it... handwritten (I love hand written recipes).
>> Mom called it 'Hungarian' but I doubt that is accurate. She was born
>> and raised in Ohio in the USA.
>>
>> Mom's "Hungarian" Stuffed Cabbage Rolls
>>
>> 8 large green cabbage leaves
>>
>> Filling:
>> 1 cup cooked long grain white rice
>> 1/2 lb. ground round beef
>> 1/2 lb. ground pork
>> 1/2 tsp. salt
>> 1/8 tsp. pepper
>> 1 cup minced onion
>> 1 large egg, beaten
>>
>> Sauce:
>> 1 can tomato soup
>> 1 cup water
>> 1 cup chopped onion
>> 4 Tbs. sour cream
>>
>> Cook cabbage leaves in boiling water 5 minutes. Drain. Combine filling
>> ingredients and divide into 8 equal portions. Wrap each portion in a
>> cabbage leaf and secure with toothpicks. Place in a deep pan with a
>> lid. Add the sauce. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Reduce heat
>> and simmer, turning cabbage rolls occasionally. Cook about 1 hour.
>>
>> IIRC, later in life she used canned tomato juice rather than canned
>> tomato soup and water. The sour cream is a must for the sauce.
>>
>> Jill

> I love stuffed cabbage leaves, similar to above except there's fennel
> seeds in the filling. I put them in a shallow dish , cover with tom
> sauce and bake them in the oven.
>
> Janet UK

I seem to recall my mother sometimes baked them in the oven, tented with
foil. It was a long time ago...

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/15/2018 5:03 AM, S Viemeister wrote:
> On 11/14/2018 9:14 PM, jmcquown wrote:

>>> Would you consider posting her recipe?
>>>

>> Of course!Â* Let me get it... handwritten (I love hand written
>> recipes). Mom called it 'Hungarian' but I doubt that is accurate.Â* She
>> was born and raised in Ohio in the USA.
>>
>> Mom's "Hungarian" Stuffed Cabbage Rolls
>>
>> 8 large green cabbage leaves
>>
>> Filling:
>> 1 cup cooked long grain white rice
>> 1/2 lb. ground round beef
>> 1/2 lb. ground pork
>> 1/2 tsp. salt
>> 1/8 tsp. pepper
>> 1 cup minced onion
>> 1 large egg, beaten
>>
>> Sauce:
>> 1 can tomato soup
>> 1 cup water
>> 1 cup chopped onion
>> 4 Tbs. sour cream
>>
>> Cook cabbage leaves in boiling water 5 minutes.Â* Drain.Â* Combine
>> filling ingredients and divide into 8 equal portions.Â* Wrap each
>> portion in a cabbage leaf and secure with toothpicks.Â* Place in a deep
>> pan with a lid.Â* Add the sauce.Â* Bring to a simmer over medium heat.
>> Reduce heat and simmer, turning cabbage rolls occasionally.Â* Cook
>> about 1 hour.
>>
>> IIRC, later in life she used canned tomato juice rather than canned
>> tomato soup and water.Â* The sour cream is a must for the sauce.
>>
>> Jill
>>

> Thank you. I like the idea of adding sour cream, and I'd never
> considered using both beef and pork.

You're welcome! I have no idea where she got the recipe. We moved a
lot when I was a kid. She got recipes from a lot of military wives.
The little bit of sour cream adds a bit of ooomph.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 15 Nov 2018 18:48:35 -0500, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 11/15/2018 3:05 AM, Janet wrote:
>> In article >,
>> says...

>>> Of course! Let me get it... handwritten (I love hand written recipes).
>>> Mom called it 'Hungarian' but I doubt that is accurate. She was born
>>> and raised in Ohio in the USA.
>>>
>>> Mom's "Hungarian" Stuffed Cabbage Rolls
>>>
>>> 8 large green cabbage leaves

What do you do with the rest of the cabbage... I chop it up and add it
to the pot, I get stuffed cabbage and cabbage soup. And I get a lot
more than 8 pieces... a large head will yield some two dozen.

>>> Filling:
>>> 1 cup cooked long grain white rice
>>> 1/2 lb. ground round beef
>>> 1/2 lb. ground pork
>>> 1/2 tsp. salt
>>> 1/8 tsp. pepper
>>> 1 cup minced onion
>>> 1 large egg, beaten
>>>
>>> Sauce:
>>> 1 can tomato soup
>>> 1 cup water
>>> 1 cup chopped onion
>>> 4 Tbs. sour cream
>>>
>>> Cook cabbage leaves in boiling water 5 minutes. Drain. Combine filling
>>> ingredients and divide into 8 equal portions. Wrap each portion in a
>>> cabbage leaf and secure with toothpicks. Place in a deep pan with a
>>> lid. Add the sauce. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Reduce heat
>>> and simmer, turning cabbage rolls occasionally. Cook about 1 hour.
>>>
>>> IIRC, later in life she used canned tomato juice rather than canned
>>> tomato soup and water. The sour cream is a must for the sauce.
>>>
>>> Jill

>> I love stuffed cabbage leaves, similar to above except there's fennel
>> seeds in the filling. I put them in a shallow dish , cover with tom
>> sauce and bake them in the oven.
>>
>> Janet UK
>>

>I seem to recall my mother sometimes baked them in the oven, tented with
>foil. It was a long time ago...
>
>Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/16/2018 10:08 AM, wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Nov 2018 18:48:35 -0500, jmcquown >
> wrote:
>
>> On 11/15/2018 3:05 AM, Janet wrote:
>>> In article >,

>>> says...

> What do you do with the rest of the cabbage... I chop it up and add it
> to the pot, I get stuffed cabbage and cabbage soup. And I get a lot
> more than 8 pieces... a large head will yield some two dozen.

I save the remaining cabbage for another time. There's no rule that
says just because you removed a few leaves you have to cook the rest of
the cabbage immediately. I often cut the cabbage into quarters and
steam it. I love buttered cabbage. Or I grill it. Grilled cabbage
wedges are delicious. Lightly brushed with oil, grilled cabbage
carmelizes very nicely and is oh so tasty.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 18 Nov 2018 11:32:10 -0500, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 11/16/2018 10:08 AM, wrote:
>> On Thu, 15 Nov 2018 18:48:35 -0500, jmcquown >
>> wrote:

>> What do you do with the rest of the cabbage... I chop it up and add it
>> to the pot, I get stuffed cabbage and cabbage soup. And I get a lot
>> more than 8 pieces... a large head will yield some two dozen.
>>

>I save the remaining cabbage for another time. There's no rule that
>says just because you removed a few leaves you have to cook the rest of
>the cabbage immediately. I often cut the cabbage into quarters and
>steam it. I love buttered cabbage. Or I grill it. Grilled cabbage
>wedges are delicious. Lightly brushed with oil, grilled cabbage
>carmelizes very nicely and is oh so tasty.
>
>Jill

I often chop up a whole cabbage and saute it in butter, then add a
pound of cooked wide egg noodles. A little s n'p and it's delicious
and fast. However when I make stuffed cabbage it's very easy to end
up with cabbage soup at the same time from the same pot... I prefer it
sweet and sour, add raisons and fresh lemon juice. Naturally cabbage
can always become slaw. I don't remember ever using part of a cabbage
and saving the rest for something else. The only part I'll save is
the very center (cook's treat), that part is tender and sweet... then
I pare away the bitter covering from the heart and have another cook's
treat.
We grow our own cabbages, usually at least a dozen, and they get huge.
We can't eat them all so we give half away.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>> What do you do with the rest of the cabbage... I chop it up and add it
>>> to the pot, I get stuffed cabbage and cabbage soup. And I get a lot
>>> more than 8 pieces... a large head will yield some two dozen.
>>>

>> I save the remaining cabbage for another time. There's no rule that
>> says just because you removed a few leaves you have to cook the rest of
>> the cabbage immediately. I often cut the cabbage into quarters and
>> steam it. I love buttered cabbage. Or I grill it. Grilled cabbage
>> wedges are delicious. Lightly brushed with oil, grilled cabbage
>> carmelizes very nicely and is oh so tasty.
>>
>> Jill

> I often chop up a whole cabbage and saute it in butter, then add a
> pound of cooked wide egg noodles. A little s n'p and it's delicious
> and fast. However when I make stuffed cabbage it's very easy to end
> up with cabbage soup at the same time from the same pot... I prefer it
> sweet and sour, add raisons and fresh lemon juice. Naturally cabbage
> can always become slaw. I don't remember ever using part of a cabbage
> and saving the rest for something else. The only part I'll save is
> the very center (cook's treat), that part is tender and sweet... then
> I pare away the bitter covering from the heart and have another cook's
> treat.
> We grow our own cabbages, usually at least a dozen, and they get huge.
> We can't eat them all so we give half away.

I know you grow cabbage. Me, I just buy one at the grocery store or
farm stand, medium sized.

Feel free to do whatever you want to with your cabbage. No problem. I
don't like sweet & sour anything. Or slaw. I have made cabbage soup
but it is not something I think about often.

You really should try grilled cabbage wedges. Delicious!

Jill
Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>> I save the remaining cabbage for another time. There's no rule that
>>> says just because you removed a few leaves you have to cook the rest of
>>> the cabbage immediately. I often cut the cabbage into quarters and
>>> steam it. I love buttered cabbage. Or I grill it. Grilled cabbage
>>> wedges are delicious. Lightly brushed with oil, grilled cabbage
>>> carmelizes very nicely and is oh so tasty.
>>>
>>> Jill

>> I often chop up a whole cabbage and saute it in butter, then add a
>> pound of cooked wide egg noodles. A little s n'p and it's delicious
>> and fast. However when I make stuffed cabbage it's very easy to end
>> up with cabbage soup at the same time from the same pot... I prefer it
>> sweet and sour, add raisons and fresh lemon juice. Naturally cabbage
>> can always become slaw. I don't remember ever using part of a cabbage
>> and saving the rest for something else. The only part I'll save is
>> the very center (cook's treat), that part is tender and sweet... then
>> I pare away the bitter covering from the heart and have another cook's
>> treat.
>> We grow our own cabbages, usually at least a dozen, and they get huge.
>> We can't eat them all so we give half away.
>>

>I know you grow cabbage. Me, I just buy one at the grocery store or
>farm stand, medium sized.
>
>Feel free to do whatever you want to with your cabbage. No problem. I
>don't like sweet & sour anything. Or slaw. I have made cabbage soup
>but it is not something I think about often.

Why do you sound so angry... I suppose I'd be angry too if someone I
met on the net who I wanted to **** I found out was happily married.
Jill, you need to get a life. Jill you really ought to keep your real
life separate from your fantasy sex life.
Jill I tried to be your friend, but I seriouly doubt you have any
friends. You are as ****ed up as Kootchie, actually much worse.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>> I often chop up a whole cabbage and saute it in butter, then add a
>>> pound of cooked wide egg noodles. A little s n'p and it's delicious
>>> and fast. However when I make stuffed cabbage it's very easy to end
>>> up with cabbage soup at the same time from the same pot... I prefer it
>>> sweet and sour, add raisons and fresh lemon juice. Naturally cabbage
>>> can always become slaw. I don't remember ever using part of a cabbage
>>> and saving the rest for something else. The only part I'll save is
>>> the very center (cook's treat), that part is tender and sweet... then
>>> I pare away the bitter covering from the heart and have another cook's
>>> treat.
>>> We grow our own cabbages, usually at least a dozen, and they get huge.
>>> We can't eat them all so we give half away.
>>>

>> I know you grow cabbage. Me, I just buy one at the grocery store or
>> farm stand, medium sized.
>>
>> Feel free to do whatever you want to with your cabbage. No problem. I
>> don't like sweet & sour anything. Or slaw. I have made cabbage soup
>> but it is not something I think about often.

> Why do you sound so angry... I suppose I'd be angry too if someone I
> met on the net who I wanted to **** I found out was happily married.
> Jill, you need to get a life. Jill you really ought to keep your real
> life separate from your fantasy sex life.
> Jill I tried to be your friend, but I seriouly doubt you have any
> friends. You are as ****ed up as Kootchie, actually much worse.

Give up Popeye. She ain't ever giving yoose any.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>> I often chop up a whole cabbage and saute it in butter, then add a
>>> pound of cooked wide egg noodles. A little s n'p and it's delicious
>>> and fast. However when I make stuffed cabbage it's very easy to end
>>> up with cabbage soup at the same time from the same pot... I prefer it
>>> sweet and sour, add raisons and fresh lemon juice. Naturally cabbage
>>> can always become slaw. I don't remember ever using part of a cabbage
>>> and saving the rest for something else. The only part I'll save is
>>> the very center (cook's treat), that part is tender and sweet... then
>>> I pare away the bitter covering from the heart and have another cook's
>>> treat.
>>> We grow our own cabbages, usually at least a dozen, and they get huge.
>>> We can't eat them all so we give half away.
>>>

>> I know you grow cabbage. Me, I just buy one at the grocery store or
>> farm stand, medium sized.
>>
>> Feel free to do whatever you want to with your cabbage. No problem. I
>> don't like sweet & sour anything. Or slaw. I have made cabbage soup
>> but it is not something I think about often.

> Why do you sound so angry... I suppose I'd be angry too if someone I
> met on the net who I wanted to **** I found out was happily married.
> Jill, you need to get a life. Jill you really ought to keep your real
> life separate from your fantasy sex life.
> Jill I tried to be your friend, but I seriouly doubt you have any
> friends. You are as ****ed up as Kootchie, actually much worse.

Get over yourself. I definitely never wanted to **** you or want to
have a romantic "relationship" with you. You didn't even admit to
having a wife until I called you out. Hi, Kathy! Don't know how she
can stand you. Maybe that's why she's always going to NYC to see her
children and grandkids.

I'm certainly not angry. You asked what I do with the remaining cabbage
from the stuffed cabbage leaves/rolls. I answered your question. Cut
it into quarters then steam or grill it. Again - grilled cabbage
brushed with oil is very tasty. It carmelizes quite nicely. Tastes
great.

Jill