Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Dinner with vegan friends

On Thu, 15 Nov 2018 20:23:45 -0500, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 11/15/2018 7:39 PM, Je?us wrote:
>> On Thu, 15 Nov 2018 17:44:52 -0500, jmcquown >
>> wrote:

>>> He's a vegetarian who eats fish. They're known as pescetarians.

>> He told me the other day that he never claimed to be a vegetarian on
>> this group.
>>

>I don't care what he claims. I know what agenda he's been promoting.
>So do you.

Yes
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/15/2018 1:44 AM, Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> On Wed 14 Nov 2018 09:54:13p, Jeßus told us...
>
>> On Thu, 15 Nov 2018 01:14:25 GMT, Pamela >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> On 01:02 15 Nov 2018, Jeßus > wrote in
>>> :
>>>

>> <snip>
>>>
>>> Interesting comment about Millenials: they're self-absorbed and
>>> self- important whilst being easily offended. This is a
>>> generation that's storing up mental health problems for itself,
>>> revolving around ideas of narcissistic entitlement and then
>>> feeling thwarted when reality doesn't deliver their expectations.
>>> They create an emotional roller coaster for themsleves but are
>>> emotionally very poorly prepared for it.

>> That's an accurate observation. I think with the millennial
>> generation, it's far more then the traditional generation gap
>> thing going on. They seem to have a complete lack of forethought
>> about the long-term implications of their attitude/beliefs. They
>> have no concept why their ideas are unsustainable in the long
>> term.

There is a new Millennial version of the classic board game 'Monopoly'.
Rather than earn money, buy property and work, they're playing for
"experiences". Like being able to go to a music festival. It's a
sardonic twist on the original game. It makes fun of their entitled
idea of life:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...ls/2003129002/

The Monopoly guy is wearing earbuds and holding a cup of coffee. And
saying "Forget about real estate, you can't afford it anyway." LOLOL

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/15/2018 9:36 AM, Janet wrote:
> In article >,
> says...
>>
>> On Wednesday, November 14, 2018 at 8:57:05 PM UTC-5, Jeus wrote:

>>> There's a thought. Let's hope the next Prez is female... (get that one
>>> last roadblock out of the way and make the hipsters happy). Then we
>>> can push for species-diversity-equality. I want to see a dog become
>>> president.

>> Could be a little tricky meeting the age requirement. Very few dogs
>> live to be 35.

> All our dogs lived to at least 15 (human years). In dog years, that's
> age 105.
>
> Janet UK

There is already a dog in the White House. I won't say anything else.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

:

:

om:

>>>There is no choice. You're making that up.
>>>
>>>Can you state which meds you're thinking of which come in a choice of
>>>felatin adn non-gelatin capsules?

>> How should I know? If there are no vegetarian alternatives and the
>> medication is important, then I'd suggest taking the stuff. I already
>> said that.
>>
>> You're looking for nonexistent problems. If you're trying to make life
>> difficult, I'd suggest you become a vegan.

>You're offering a non-existent solution. There's no such option as you
>describe. Your counsel does not lead to a solution.

Then just eat it. I've said it numerous times now. You're looking for
a disagreement where there is none. Are you bored or something?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 15 Nov 2018 20:28:46 -0500, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 11/15/2018 7:26 PM, Je?us wrote:
>> On Thu, 15 Nov 2018 17:48:16 -0500, jmcquown >
>> wrote:

>>> I think that harks back to old world Catholism. No meat on Friday but
>>> fish was okay. Just guessing!

>> Yes, you could be right Jill.
>>

>I don't really know what cshenk (Carol) was thinking when she said it
>was middle ages European. <shrug>

She's gone with the fairies most of the time.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 16 Nov 2018 07:39:25 +0700, Jeus > wrote:

>On Thu, 15 Nov 2018 17:44:52 -0500, jmcquown >
>wrote:
>
>>On 11/14/2018 10:59 PM, Je?us wrote:

>>> You just don't understand our point of view (no, really). And we don't
>>> understand you. You claim you're NOT (and have never been) a
>>> vegetarian, but go on and on with this same sort of shit which on the
>>> face of it, makes no sense. You must be choosing to omit some
>>> important relevent personal (or other) detail, for reasons best known
>>> to yourself. Whatever.
>>>

>>He's a vegetarian who eats fish. They're known as pescetarians.

>He told me the other day that he never claimed to be a vegetarian on
>this group.

Jill's right. Although a vegetarian who eats fish is like a virgin who
has sex. There ain't no such thing. I'm a pescatarian.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/15/2018 7:53 PM, Je�us wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Nov 2018 06:12:52 +1100, Brice >
> wrote:
>

>> Good point. Older folk have always been bitching about younger
>> generations.

> As I have already addressed elsewhere, this is not your normal
> generation gap issue.
>
>> Maybe Millennials aren't so different. Besides, what else
>> is work ethic good for, except being mocked?

> If you want to finacially support them, go right ahead.

I just mentioned the new edition of the board game 'Monopoly'. The new
edition makes fun of the lack of goals.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...ls/2003129002/

Some comments:

"The box for the game shows Mr. Monopoly taking a selfie, wearing
headphones and a participation medal and holding a coffee. The taglines
read: Forget real estate, you cant afford it anyway, and Adulting is
hard. You deserve a break from the rat race! Rather than win by
collecting the most money, the game prompts players to collect
experiencesincluding visiting a friends couch, going to a vegan
bistro, and hitting a week-long meditation retreat. Game pieces include
a hashtag and crying emoji."

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/15/2018 5:48 PM, jmcquown wrote:

> I think that harks back to old world Catholism.* No meat on Friday but
> fish was okay.* Just guessing!
>
> Jill

The purpose is to do a little sacrifice. You can't have a hot dog so
instead you have a lobster for penance. I wondered about that in 4th
grade.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 16 Nov 2018 07:53:56 +0700, Jeus > wrote:

>On Fri, 16 Nov 2018 06:12:52 +1100, Brice >
>wrote:
>

>>Good point. Older folk have always been bitching about younger
>>generations.

>As I have already addressed elsewhere, this is not your normal
>generation gap issue.

I think it is. You're all gloom and doom about everything, but this is
just old vs. young. As per normal.

>>Maybe Millennials aren't so different. Besides, what else
>>is work ethic good for, except being mocked?

>If you want to finacially support them, go right ahead.

Work ethic sounds almost religious to me. I don't work for some moral
reason. Just to pay the bills.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 16 Nov 2018 07:58:31 +0700, Jeus > wrote:

>On Thu, 15 Nov 2018 17:39:19 -0500, jmcquown >
>wrote:
>
>>On 11/14/2018 8:08 PM, Je?us wrote:
>>>
>>> LOL. Vegetarian food made to emulate meat particularly amuses me.
>>>

>>It amuses me, too! Boca Burgers Morningstar Farms faux meat products.
>>Ever read the ingredients lists on those things? Vegetarians apparently
>>don't have a moral dilemma when it comes to ingesting chemicals.

>When I was young and thought I knew it all, I was a vegetarian for a
>few years. I tried all manner of faux meat products... and every
>single one of them were disgusting in terms of flavour, texture and
>ingredients.

Asians make really nice faux meat made of gluten, but you won't find
it in a supermarket.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 15 Nov 2018 20:26:58 -0500, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 11/15/2018 7:58 PM, Je?us wrote:
>> On Thu, 15 Nov 2018 17:39:19 -0500, jmcquown >
>> wrote:

>>> It amuses me, too! Boca Burgers Morningstar Farms faux meat products.
>>> Ever read the ingredients lists on those things? Vegetarians apparently
>>> don't have a moral dilemma when it comes to ingesting chemicals.

>> When I was young and thought I knew it all, I was a vegetarian for a
>> few years. I tried all manner of faux meat products... and every
>> single one of them were disgusting in terms of flavour, texture and
>> ingredients.
>>
>>> But hey, in good weather a grill can certainly be used to cook
>>> vegetables. I frequently grill vegetables... right next to the steak.

>> Absolutely. I wouldn't mind some grilled corn now.
>>

>I love grilled corn on the cob! Soak the corn in water so the husks
>don't burn. If you'd like, pull back the husks and remove the silk,
>then brush the corn with herbed butter. Pull the husks back up and
>grill. Delicious!
>
>I grill all sorts of vegetables. Different types of squash (summer and
>winter), eggplant, even cabbage wedges. But I'm *not* a vegetarian.

Ooph, I was starting to worry there!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 11/15/2018 3:11 PM, Brice wrote:
>> On Thu, 15 Nov 2018 19:27:07 GMT, Pamela >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> On 10:42 15 Nov 2018, Brice > wrote in
>>> news >>>
>>>
>>> The capsule quantity is trivial and only an obsessive could see it as
>>> significant.

>> I disagree. The capsule required the killing of an animal.

>>> It's about as nuts as not taking important prescribed medicines on
>>> account of 40mg gelatin.

>> I disagree. The capsule required the killing of an animal.
>>

> Maybe it was a donor horse. Or roadkill.
> OTOH, if I needed a lifesaving medicine that is only made in gel form,
> it is crazy not to take it and die. If you are talking vitamin D
> supplements, different story.

Is this a hypothetical scenario proposed by Gruce?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 15 Nov 2018 21:04:31 -0500, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>On 11/15/2018 5:48 PM, jmcquown wrote:
>

>> I think that harks back to old world Catholism.* No meat on Friday but
>> fish was okay.* Just guessing!
>>
>> Jill

>The purpose is to do a little sacrifice. You can't have a hot dog so
>instead you have a lobster for penance. I wondered about that in 4th
>grade.

I don't think many Catholics in those days were able to replace meat
with lobster once a week. And the most conservative palates have a
problem with all things fishy.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Brice wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Nov 2018 21:48:11 GMT, Pamela >
> wrote:
>
>> On 21:00 15 Nov 2018, Ed Pawlowski > wrote in
>> :

>>> Maybe it was a donor horse. Or roadkill.
>>> OTOH, if I needed a lifesaving medicine that is only made in gel form,
>>> it is crazy not to take it and die. If you are talking vitamin D
>>> supplements, different story.

>> Maybe the gelatin came from a toenail paring. Methinks Brice doth protest
>> too much.

> You're poking in problems that you don't have. You eat anything that
> fits in your mouth. Lucky you!

Be careful brice ... Homo Popeye will have a field day with that.

It's OK if you die because the medicine that could save you is animal
based. Even a cricket shouldn't be sacrificed to save yoose.

No great loss, and yoose will be happy in yoose grave.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 15 Nov 2018 20:46:23 -0600, Hank Rogers >
wrote:

>Brice wrote:
>> On Thu, 15 Nov 2018 21:48:11 GMT, Pamela >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> On 21:00 15 Nov 2018, Ed Pawlowski > wrote in
>>> :

>>> Maybe the gelatin came from a toenail paring. Methinks Brice doth protest
>>> too much.

>> You're poking in problems that you don't have. You eat anything that
>> fits in your mouth. Lucky you!
>>

>Be careful brice ... Homo Popeye will have a field day with that.
>
>It's OK if you die because the medicine that could save you is animal
>based. Even a cricket shouldn't be sacrificed to save yoose.
>
>No great loss, and yoose will be happy in yoose grave.

You guys can't read. You just read what you want to read. And then you
run with something nobody said. I'm starting to think too much meat
affects the brain

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Je�us wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Nov 2018 20:23:45 -0500, jmcquown >
> wrote:
>
>> On 11/15/2018 7:39 PM, Je?us wrote:

>>> He told me the other day that he never claimed to be a vegetarian on
>>> this group.
>>>

>> I don't care what he claims. I know what agenda he's been promoting.
>> So do you.

> Yes

But, as big an asshole as he is, he does provide a service. You seldom
have to read an ingredient list on a store-bought product. He posts all
this in more detail than you'd ever need.

I mean, how the hell would you know what's in mayo or mustard without him?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Je�us wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Nov 2018 10:39:28 GMT, Pamela >
> wrote:
>
>> On 03:59 15 Nov 2018, Jeßus > wrote in
>> :

>>> You just don't understand our point of view (no, really). And we don't
>>> understand you. You claim you're NOT (and have never been) a
>>> vegetarian, but go on and on with this same sort of shit which on the
>>> face of it, makes no sense. You must be choosing to omit some
>>> important relevent personal (or other) detail, for reasons best known
>>> to yourself. Whatever.

>> Brice is working really hard to counter any and every adverse
>> observation about vegetarianism. He seems on a mission but his
>> unthinking zeal is leading him into making foolish statements.

> I and many others here have been having the same arguments with him
> for years. I still don't understand his point of view, or what his
> issue really is.
>
>> I can imagine many people not eating meat and yet wearing animal
>> products. Not Brice. He has to take up the cudgels to bash that one
>> away and anything else too. Perhaps he thinks his comments are a sign
>> of a very open mind. Sigh.

> Of course, some people are vegetarians purely for health and not
> ethical reasons. But you don't hear much from them, or should I say,
> they get drowned out by the infinitely more vocal ethical crowd.

Brece would never do that.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, November 15, 2018 at 7:43:43 PM UTC-6, Jill McQuown wrote:

> There is a new Millennial version of the classic board game 'Monopoly'.
> Rather than earn money, buy property and work, they're playing for
> "experiences". Like being able to go to a music festival. It's a
> sardonic twist on the original game. It makes fun of their entitled
> idea of life:
>
> https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...ls/2003129002/
>
> The Monopoly guy is wearing earbuds and holding a cup of coffee. And
> saying "Forget about real estate, you can't afford it anyway." LOLOL
>
> Jill

One of my e-mail buddies sent me this link today. The video accompanying
it was good and I scrolled down to read some of the tweets. Yep, ****ed
off and entitled millennials were commenting.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-11-15 7:39 p.m., Je�us wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Nov 2018 17:44:52 -0500, jmcquown >

>> He's a vegetarian who eats fish. They're known as pescetarians.

> He told me the other day that he never claimed to be a vegetarian on
> this group.

I can't say that he ever said that he is a vegetarian, but he has
definitely said many times that he does not eat meat..... which means
that he is vegetarian.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 15 Nov 2018 23:15:44 -0500, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2018-11-15 7:39 p.m., Je?us wrote:
>> On Thu, 15 Nov 2018 17:44:52 -0500, jmcquown >

>>> He's a vegetarian who eats fish. They're known as pescetarians.

>> He told me the other day that he never claimed to be a vegetarian on
>> this group.
>>

>I can't say that he ever said that he is a vegetarian, but he has
>definitely said many times that he does not eat meat..... which means
>that he is vegetarian.

Pescatarian, pescatarian. I understand if y'all don't care what I say,
but if you're going to repeat it, get it right, please.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/15/2018 11:17 PM, Brice wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Nov 2018 23:15:44 -0500, Dave Smith
> > wrote:
>
>> On 2018-11-15 7:39 p.m., Je?us wrote:
>>> On Thu, 15 Nov 2018 17:44:52 -0500, jmcquown >

>>> He told me the other day that he never claimed to be a vegetarian on
>>> this group.
>>>

>> I can't say that he ever said that he is a vegetarian, but he has
>> definitely said many times that he does not eat meat..... which means
>> that he is vegetarian.

> Pescatarian, pescatarian. I understand if y'all don't care what I say,
> but if you're going to repeat it, get it right, please.

It gets confusing. You should get a "P" tattoo or at least wear a badge
in public. Vegans can get a green "V" tattoo on the forehead, using
vegetable based dyes, of course.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 15 Nov 2018 23:53:29 -0500, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>On 11/15/2018 11:17 PM, Brice wrote:
>> On Thu, 15 Nov 2018 23:15:44 -0500, Dave Smith
>> > wrote:

>>> I can't say that he ever said that he is a vegetarian, but he has
>>> definitely said many times that he does not eat meat..... which means
>>> that he is vegetarian.

>> Pescatarian, pescatarian. I understand if y'all don't care what I say,
>> but if you're going to repeat it, get it right, please.
>>

>It gets confusing. You should get a "P" tattoo or at least wear a badge
>in public. Vegans can get a green "V" tattoo on the forehead, using
>vegetable based dyes, of course.

And carnivores get a "C" or fake little rivers of blood down their
chin?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/16/2018 12:03 AM, Brice wrote:

>>> Pescatarian, pescatarian. I understand if y'all don't care what I say,
>>> but if you're going to repeat it, get it right, please.
>>>

>> It gets confusing. You should get a "P" tattoo or at least wear a badge
>> in public. Vegans can get a green "V" tattoo on the forehead, using
>> vegetable based dyes, of course.

> And carnivores get a "C" or fake little rivers of blood down their
> chin?

We can get real blood.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 16 Nov 2018 00:13:19 -0500, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>>> It gets confusing. You should get a "P" tattoo or at least wear a badge
>>> in public. Vegans can get a green "V" tattoo on the forehead, using
>>> vegetable based dyes, of course.

>> And carnivores get a "C" or fake little rivers of blood down their
>> chin?
>>

>We can get real blood.

You guys are so edgy!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 16 Nov 2018 13:03:13 +1100, Brice >
wrote:

>On Fri, 16 Nov 2018 07:39:25 +0700, Jeus > wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 15 Nov 2018 17:44:52 -0500, jmcquown >
>>wrote:

>>>He's a vegetarian who eats fish. They're known as pescetarians.

>>He told me the other day that he never claimed to be a vegetarian on
>>this group.

>Jill's right. Although a vegetarian who eats fish is like a virgin who
>has sex. There ain't no such thing. I'm a pescatarian.

I would abbreviate 'pescatarian' to 'troll' in your case.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 16 Nov 2018 15:17:31 +1100, Brice >
wrote:

>On Thu, 15 Nov 2018 23:15:44 -0500, Dave Smith
> wrote:
>
>>On 2018-11-15 7:39 p.m., Je?us wrote:
>>> On Thu, 15 Nov 2018 17:44:52 -0500, jmcquown >

>>> He told me the other day that he never claimed to be a vegetarian on
>>> this group.
>>>

>>I can't say that he ever said that he is a vegetarian, but he has
>>definitely said many times that he does not eat meat..... which means
>>that he is vegetarian.

>Pescatarian, pescatarian. I understand if y'all don't care what I say,
>but if you're going to repeat it, get it right, please.

So all these years you play silly games over the topic, rather than
just stating it like a normal human being. You really are just a
troll, when it comes right down to it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>On 11/15/2018 7:58 PM, Je?us wrote:
>> On Thu, 15 Nov 2018 17:39:19 -0500, jmcquown >
>> wrote:

>>> It amuses me, too! Boca Burgers Morningstar Farms faux meat products.
>>> Ever read the ingredients lists on those things? Vegetarians apparently
>>> don't have a moral dilemma when it comes to ingesting chemicals.

>> When I was young and thought I knew it all, I was a vegetarian for a
>> few years. I tried all manner of faux meat products... and every
>> single one of them were disgusting in terms of flavour, texture and
>> ingredients.
>>
>>> But hey, in good weather a grill can certainly be used to cook
>>> vegetables. I frequently grill vegetables... right next to the steak.

>> Absolutely. I wouldn't mind some grilled corn now.
>>

>I love grilled corn on the cob! Soak the corn in water so the husks
>don't burn. If you'd like, pull back the husks and remove the silk,
>then brush the corn with herbed butter. Pull the husks back up and
>grill. Delicious!

Absolutely delicious Jill! We have baby corn here frequently, but not
grilled. I'll be back in Australia in a couple of weeks and I will
definitely grill some corn on the BBQ.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 15 Nov 2018 20:43:37 -0500, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 11/15/2018 1:44 AM, Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>> On Wed 14 Nov 2018 09:54:13p, Jeus told us...

>>> <snip>

>>> That's an accurate observation. I think with the millennial
>>> generation, it's far more then the traditional generation gap
>>> thing going on. They seem to have a complete lack of forethought
>>> about the long-term implications of their attitude/beliefs. They
>>> have no concept why their ideas are unsustainable in the long
>>> term.
>>>

>There is a new Millennial version of the classic board game 'Monopoly'.
>Rather than earn money, buy property and work, they're playing for
>"experiences". Like being able to go to a music festival. It's a
>sardonic twist on the original game. It makes fun of their entitled
>idea of life:
>
>https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...ls/2003129002/
>
>The Monopoly guy is wearing earbuds and holding a cup of coffee. And
>saying "Forget about real estate, you can't afford it anyway." LOLOL

Thanks for the link, it's hilarious

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 15 Nov 2018 21:04:09 -0500, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 11/15/2018 7:53 PM, Je?us wrote:
>> On Fri, 16 Nov 2018 06:12:52 +1100, Brice >
>> wrote:
>>

>>> Good point. Older folk have always been bitching about younger
>>> generations.

>> As I have already addressed elsewhere, this is not your normal
>> generation gap issue.
>>
>>> Maybe Millennials aren't so different. Besides, what else
>>> is work ethic good for, except being mocked?

>> If you want to finacially support them, go right ahead.
>>

>I just mentioned the new edition of the board game 'Monopoly'. The new
>edition makes fun of the lack of goals.
>
>https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...ls/2003129002/
>
>Some comments:
>
>"The box for the game shows Mr. Monopoly taking a selfie, wearing
>headphones and a participation medal and holding a coffee. The taglines
>read: Forget real estate, you cant afford it anyway, and Adulting is
>hard. You deserve a break from the rat race! Rather than win by
>collecting the most money, the game prompts players to collect
>experiencesincluding visiting a friends couch, going to a vegan
>bistro, and hitting a week-long meditation retreat. Game pieces include
>a hashtag and crying emoji."

LOL.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 16 Nov 2018 14:55:27 +0700, Jeus > wrote:

>On Fri, 16 Nov 2018 15:17:31 +1100, Brice >
>wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 15 Nov 2018 23:15:44 -0500, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>>>I can't say that he ever said that he is a vegetarian, but he has
>>>definitely said many times that he does not eat meat..... which means
>>>that he is vegetarian.

>>Pescatarian, pescatarian. I understand if y'all don't care what I say,
>>but if you're going to repeat it, get it right, please.

>So all these years you play silly games over the topic, rather than
>just stating it like a normal human being. You really are just a
>troll, when it comes right down to it.

I've never said anything other than that I'm a pescatarian. Once every
so many months or years, you get confused again, ask me paranoid
questions and start telling me off.

In short, you're just a dumbass who keeps confusing himself.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 16 Nov 2018 15:00:39 +0700, Jeus > wrote:

>On Thu, 15 Nov 2018 20:26:58 -0500, jmcquown >
>wrote:
>
>>On 11/15/2018 7:58 PM, Je?us wrote:
>>>
>>> When I was young and thought I knew it all, I was a vegetarian for a
>>> few years. I tried all manner of faux meat products... and every
>>> single one of them were disgusting in terms of flavour, texture and
>>> ingredients.

>>> Absolutely. I wouldn't mind some grilled corn now.
>>>

>>I love grilled corn on the cob! Soak the corn in water so the husks
>>don't burn. If you'd like, pull back the husks and remove the silk,
>>then brush the corn with herbed butter. Pull the husks back up and
>>grill. Delicious!

>Absolutely delicious Jill! We have baby corn here frequently, but not
>grilled. I'll be back in Australia in a couple of weeks and I will
>definitely grill some corn on the BBQ.

Make sure it's not GM corn or you'll grow a dick on your forehead.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

:

>> On Thu, 15 Nov 2018 23:48:41 GMT, Pamela >
>> wrote:
>>
>>>On 22:23 15 Nov 2018, Brice > wrote in
:

>>>You're offering a non-existent solution. There's no such option as
>>>you describe. Your counsel does not lead to a solution.

>> Then just eat it. I've said it numerous times now. You're looking for
>> a disagreement where there is none. Are you bored or something?

>I am bored with you clutching at straws. Move on.

Finally, thanks.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

:

>> I and many others here have been having the same arguments with him
>> for years. I still don't understand his point of view, or what his
>> issue really is.
>>
>>>I can imagine many people not eating meat and yet wearing animal
>>>products. Not Brice. He has to take up the cudgels to bash that one
>>>away and anything else too. Perhaps he thinks his comments are a sign
>>>of a very open mind. Sigh.

>> Of course, some people are vegetarians purely for health and not
>> ethical reasons. But you don't hear much from them, or should I say,
>> they get drowned out by the infinitely more vocal ethical crowd.

>I've got the measure of Brice now. He would rather win a discussion and
>be wrong rather than accept the truth about something he had been
>denying.

Good. Now let's move on.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

:

>> On Thu, 15 Nov 2018 23:15:44 -0500, Dave Smith
>> > wrote:

>>>I can't say that he ever said that he is a vegetarian, but he has
>>>definitely said many times that he does not eat meat..... which means
>>>that he is vegetarian.

>> Pescatarian, pescatarian. I understand if y'all don't care what I say,
>> but if you're going to repeat it, get it right, please.

>Can you eat whale meat? Do you avoid whale products, such as fragrances
>with ambergris, in everyday life?

I thought we were going to move on, but you seem to be stuck.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

:

>>>Brice is working really hard to counter any and every adverse
>>>observation about vegetarianism. He seems on a mission but his
>>>unthinking zeal is leading him into making foolish statements.

>> I and many others here have been having the same arguments with him
>> for years. I still don't understand his point of view, or what his
>> issue really is.
>>
>>>I can imagine many people not eating meat and yet wearing animal
>>>products. Not Brice. He has to take up the cudgels to bash that one
>>>away and anything else too. Perhaps he thinks his comments are a sign
>>>of a very open mind. Sigh.

>> Of course, some people are vegetarians purely for health and not
>> ethical reasons. But you don't hear much from them, or should I say,
>> they get drowned out by the infinitely more vocal ethical crowd.

>I've got the measure of Brice now. He would rather win a discussion and
>be wrong rather than accept the truth about something he had been
>denying. Usenet is full of such people although I thought there were
>more mature heads here. I wonder what his age is.

Sadly, yes. We always end up falling out, this time being no exception
You basically can't get along with him unless you (at least
occasionally) pander to his superiority complex. His Dutch background
probably doesn't help matters on that score. You know you've got him
once the insults start flowing
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 16 Nov 2018 17:57:34 +0700, Jeus > wrote:

>On Fri, 16 Nov 2018 10:23:57 GMT, Pamela >
>wrote:
>
>>On 00:36 16 Nov 2018, Jeus > wrote in
:

>>> I and many others here have been having the same arguments with him
>>> for years. I still don't understand his point of view, or what his
>>> issue really is.

>>> Of course, some people are vegetarians purely for health and not
>>> ethical reasons. But you don't hear much from them, or should I say,
>>> they get drowned out by the infinitely more vocal ethical crowd.

>>I've got the measure of Brice now. He would rather win a discussion and
>>be wrong rather than accept the truth about something he had been
>>denying. Usenet is full of such people although I thought there were
>>more mature heads here. I wonder what his age is.

>Sadly, yes. We always end up falling out, this time being no exception
> You basically can't get along with him unless you (at least
>occasionally) pander to his superiority complex. His Dutch background
>probably doesn't help matters on that score. You know you've got him
>once the insults start flowing

You mean when I start calling you a troll? Oh no wait, that was you
calling me a troll
Posted to rec.food.cooking

:

:

:

>>>Are you in Asia and actually see the Millenials at play there?

>> Yes. Horrible creatures, they are too. Scantily dressed in public and
>> at temples, vacuous 'me me me' conversations at top volume, put stinky
>> feet up on tables and bus seats... that sorta thing
>>
>>>Mind you, decades ago hippies would go for months on end to places
>>>like Goa and Thailand for the cheap living and access to drugs. Are
>>>the Millenials so different?

>> Sure. Goa and Thailand of today is nothing like that of 40 years ago.
>> Plus, did hippies actually go BEGGING in those countries back then?
>> Did they try to leech off and exploit the good nature of the poor
>> locals who are far poorer than they are?

>Do you mean Millenials fly to the Far East and then beg the locals for
>money?

Many do these days, yes. It's particularly taken off in the past
couple of years. Well, it's more a case of them running low on money,
then turning to begging in order to avoid having to return home.

Here's one article on the subject: https://tinyurl.com/y99p86ld

>For shame. Surely the locals are far too streetwise to fall for
>that.

Most don't fall for it, although locals can be surprisingly generous
and willing to share what they have. I often wonder just how much
money they do make. There are a few infamous ones who have managed to
spend years travelling though. Some have been banned from certain
countries now. From what I can tell, it's more other tourists who
thrown them a few coins/notes.