Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default REC: Pork Tenderloin with Sage-Crumb Coating

This is so simple and delicious!

Pat dry a small pork tenderloin filet (no more than 2 lbs.). Brush well
with Dijon or other spicy mustard. Roll the tenderloin in dry whole
wheat bread crumbs which have been seasoned with a little S&P, a couple
or three of cloves of finely minced garlic and about two tablespoons of
dried sage. Let set on waxed paper. Place the pork tenderloin on a
lightly oiled baking sheet. Bake at 375F for about 20 minutes or until
a meat thermometer inserted in the thickest part reaches 140F. Remove
from the oven and let stand for about 10 minutes. As with most meat, it
will continue to cook a bit while it stands. Slice to about 1/2 to 3/4
inch thick and plate.

This recipe results in very nicely tender, very tasty pork tenderloin.
It's worked for me for 30 years. I plan to serve this with boiled
buttered new potatoes and asparagus.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-11-13 3:53 p.m., jmcquown wrote:
> This is so simple and delicious!
>
> Pat dry a small pork tenderloin filet (no more than 2 lbs.).Â* Brush well
> with Dijon or other spicy mustard.Â* Roll the tenderloin in dry whole
> wheat bread crumbs which have been seasoned with a little S&P, a couple
> or three of cloves of finely minced garlic and about two tablespoons of
> dried sage.Â* Let set on waxed paper.Â* Place the pork tenderloin on a
> lightly oiled baking sheet.Â* Bake at 375F for about 20 minutes or until
> a meat thermometer inserted in the thickest part reaches 140F.Â* Remove
> from the oven and let stand for about 10 minutes.Â* As with most meat, it
> will continue to cook a bit while it stands.Â* Slice to about 1/2 to 3/4
> inch thick and plate.
>
> This recipe results in very nicely tender, very tasty pork tenderloin.
> It's worked for me for 30 years.Â* I plan to serve this with boiled
> buttered new potatoes and asparagus.
>
> Jill

That's pretty much how I cook them except that these days I use panko.
Graham
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/13/2018 6:46 PM, graham wrote:
> On 2018-11-13 3:53 p.m., jmcquown wrote:
>> This is so simple and delicious!
>>
>> Pat dry a small pork tenderloin filet (no more than 2 lbs.).Â* Brush
>> well with Dijon or other spicy mustard.Â* Roll the tenderloin in dry
>> whole wheat bread crumbs which have been seasoned with a little S&P, a
>> couple or three of cloves of finely minced garlic and about two
>> tablespoons of dried sage.Â* Let set on waxed paper.Â* Place the pork
>> tenderloin on a lightly oiled baking sheet.Â* Bake at 375F for about 20
>> minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted in the thickest part
>> reaches 140F.Â* Remove from the oven and let stand for about 10
>> minutes.Â* As with most meat, it will continue to cook a bit while it
>> stands.Â* Slice to about 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick and plate.
>>
>> This recipe results in very nicely tender, very tasty pork tenderloin.
>> It's worked for me for 30 years.Â* I plan to serve this with boiled
>> buttered new potatoes and asparagus.
>>
>> Jill

> That's pretty much how I cook them except that these days I use panko.
> Graham

I haven't tried it (yet) with panko. One of these days I likely will.
It's not supposed to be a very crisp coating, it's more about the
taste and the juicy tenderness of the pork tenderloin.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/13/2018 3:53 PM, jmcquown wrote:

> This recipe results in very nicely tender, very tasty pork tenderloin.
> It's worked for me for 30 years.Â* I plan to serve this with boiled
> buttered new potatoes and asparagus.

I don't know where you been fer the last couple days, but yer recipes
are KILLING me! Now, I gotta buy a pork tenderloin and some sage. 8|

nb

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/13/2018 7:57 PM, notbob wrote:
> On 11/13/2018 3:53 PM, jmcquown wrote:
>
>> This recipe results in very nicely tender, very tasty pork tenderloin.
>> It's worked for me for 30 years.Â* I plan to serve this with boiled
>> buttered new potatoes and asparagus.

> I don't know where you been fer the last couple days, but yer recipes
> are KILLING me!Â*Â* Now, I gotta buy a pork tenderloin and some sage.Â* 8|
>
> nb

I hope you like it! It's really quite tasty and so easy. Please don't
complain if it needs some sort of high altitude cooking adjustment. I
know nothing about that.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/13/2018 6:42 PM, jmcquown wrote:

> Â* Please don't
> complain if it needs some sort of high altitude cooking adjustment.Â* I
> know nothing about that.

Naw, that's only fer baking.

The best piece of cooking advice I ever got on "high altitude cooking"
was from a librarian. She told me, "use the regular recipe". It's
worked for me, so far.

nb

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/13/2018 9:03 PM, notbob wrote:
> On 11/13/2018 6:42 PM, jmcquown wrote:
>
>> Â* Please don't complain if it needs some sort of high altitude cooking
>> adjustment.Â* I know nothing about that.

> Naw, that's only fer baking.
>
> The best piece of cooking advice I ever got on "high altitude cooking"
> was from a librarian.Â* She told me, "use the regular recipe".Â* It's
> worked for me, so far.Â*
>
> nb

Good to know. Back to the sage... another good reason to have sage on
hand is to season add to bread stuffing/dressing for Thanksgiving. Or
if you're a hippy-dippy type who burns bundles of dried sage to scare
away evil spirits. LOL

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" wrote in message ...

[...]

==

Sounds good! I couldn't get away with the sage, but Italian seasoning ...
so thanks

I've saved it

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Pork Tenderloin with Sage-Crumb Coating

On 2018-11-13 3:53 p.m., jmcquown wrote:
> This is so simple and delicious!
>
> Pat dry a small pork tenderloin filet (no more than 2 lbs.). Brush well
> with Dijon or other spicy mustard. Roll the tenderloin in dry whole
> wheat bread crumbs which have been seasoned with a little S&P, a couple
> or three of cloves of finely minced garlic and about two tablespoons of
> dried sage. Let set on waxed paper. Place the pork tenderloin on a
> lightly oiled baking sheet. Bake at 375F for about 20 minutes or until
> a meat thermometer inserted in the thickest part reaches 140F. Remove
> from the oven and let stand for about 10 minutes. As with most meat, it
> will continue to cook a bit while it stands. Slice to about 1/2 to 3/4
> inch thick and plate.
>
> This recipe results in very nicely tender, very tasty pork tenderloin.
> It's worked for me for 30 years. I plan to serve this with boiled
> buttered new potatoes and asparagus.
>
> Jill

That's pretty much how I cook them except that these days I use panko.
Graham

==

I might look for them. I always dry my own bread for crumbs.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/14/2018 3:14 AM, Ophelia wrote:

> "jmcquown"Â* wrote in message ...
>
> This is so simple and delicious!
>
> Pat dry a small pork tenderloin filet (no more than 2 lbs.).Â* Brush well
> with Dijon or other spicy mustard.Â* Roll the tenderloin in dry whole
> wheat bread crumbs which have been seasoned with a little S&P, a couple
> or three of cloves of finely minced garlic and about two tablespoons of
> dried sage.Â* Let set on waxed paper.Â* Place the pork tenderloin on a
> lightly oiled baking sheet.Â* Bake at 375F for about 20 minutes or until
> a meat thermometer inserted in the thickest part reaches 140F.Â* Remove
> from the oven and let stand for about 10 minutes.Â* As with most meat, it
> will continue to cook a bit while it stands.Â* Slice to about 1/2 to 3/4
> inch thick and plate.
>
> This recipe results in very nicely tender, very tasty pork tenderloin.
> It's worked for me for 30 years.Â* I plan to serve this with boiled
> buttered new potatoes and asparagus.
>
> Jill
>
> ==
>
> Sounds good!Â* I couldn't get away with the sage, but Italian seasoning
> ... so thanks
>
> I've saved it

I won't even ask why the difficulty with sage as an herb. Just try the
crumb coating on the pork with Dijon mustard to adhere the crumbs.
Works well with pork chops, too.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" wrote in message news
On 11/14/2018 3:14 AM, Ophelia wrote:

> "jmcquown" wrote in message ...
>
> This is so simple and delicious!
>
> Pat dry a small pork tenderloin filet (no more than 2 lbs.). Brush well
> with Dijon or other spicy mustard. Roll the tenderloin in dry whole
> wheat bread crumbs which have been seasoned with a little S&P, a couple
> or three of cloves of finely minced garlic and about two tablespoons of
> dried sage. Let set on waxed paper. Place the pork tenderloin on a
> lightly oiled baking sheet. Bake at 375F for about 20 minutes or until
> a meat thermometer inserted in the thickest part reaches 140F. Remove
> from the oven and let stand for about 10 minutes. As with most meat, it
> will continue to cook a bit while it stands. Slice to about 1/2 to 3/4
> inch thick and plate.
>
> This recipe results in very nicely tender, very tasty pork tenderloin.
> It's worked for me for 30 years. I plan to serve this with boiled
> buttered new potatoes and asparagus.
>
> Jill
>
> ==
>
> Sounds good! I couldn't get away with the sage, but Italian seasoning ...
> so thanks
>
> I've saved it

I won't even ask why the difficulty with sage as an herb. Just try the
crumb coating on the pork with Dijon mustard to adhere the crumbs.
Works well with pork chops, too.

Jill

==

D. loves Italian seasoning. No, I don't know what is in it and I don't
care! He loves it and that is good enough for me)

When I breadcrumb, I dip in flour, then egg and then the crumbs. It works
fine

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/15/2018 6:29 AM, Ophelia wrote:

> "jmcquown"Â* wrote in message news >
> On 11/14/2018 3:14 AM, Ophelia wrote:
>>

>> "jmcquown"Â* wrote in message ...
>>
>> This is so simple and delicious!
>>
>> Pat dry a small pork tenderloin filet (no more than 2 lbs.).Â* Brush well
>> with Dijon or other spicy mustard.Â* Roll the tenderloin in dry whole
>> wheat bread crumbs which have been seasoned with a little S&P, a couple
>> or three of cloves of finely minced garlic and about two tablespoons of
>> dried sage.Â* Let set on waxed paper.Â* Place the pork tenderloin on a
>> lightly oiled baking sheet.Â* Bake at 375F for about 20 minutes or until
>> a meat thermometer inserted in the thickest part reaches 140F.Â* Remove
>> from the oven and let stand for about 10 minutes.Â* As with most meat, it
>> will continue to cook a bit while it stands.Â* Slice to about 1/2 to 3/4
>> inch thick and plate.
>>
>> This recipe results in very nicely tender, very tasty pork tenderloin.
>> It's worked for me for 30 years.Â* I plan to serve this with boiled
>> buttered new potatoes and asparagus.
>>
>> Jill
>>
>> ==
>>
>> Sounds good!Â* I couldn't get away with the sage, but Italian seasoning
>> ... so thanks
>>
>> I've saved it
>>

> I won't even ask why the difficulty with sage as an herb.Â* Just try the
> crumb coating on the pork with Dijon mustard to adhere the crumbs.
> Works well with pork chops, too.
>
> Jill
>
> ==
>
> D. loves Italian seasoning.Â* No, I don't know what is in it and I don't
> care!Â* He loves it and that is good enough for me)

Most Italian seasoning is merely a blend of basil, oregano and thyme.
It won't taste at all like the recipe I posted. <shrug>
> When I breadcrumb, I dip in flour, then egg and then the crumbs.Â* It
> works fine

One of the key things about this recipe is it does not require dredging
in flour, then an egg wash, then dredging in crumbs. Brush the pork
with Dijon mustard. Somehow I can't imagine you'd like using Dijon mustard.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" wrote in message ...

On 11/15/2018 6:29 AM, Ophelia wrote:

> "jmcquown" wrote in message news >
> On 11/14/2018 3:14 AM, Ophelia wrote:
>>

>> "jmcquown" wrote in message ...
>>
>> This is so simple and delicious!
>>
>> Pat dry a small pork tenderloin filet (no more than 2 lbs.). Brush well
>> with Dijon or other spicy mustard. Roll the tenderloin in dry whole
>> wheat bread crumbs which have been seasoned with a little S&P, a couple
>> or three of cloves of finely minced garlic and about two tablespoons of
>> dried sage. Let set on waxed paper. Place the pork tenderloin on a
>> lightly oiled baking sheet. Bake at 375F for about 20 minutes or until
>> a meat thermometer inserted in the thickest part reaches 140F. Remove
>> from the oven and let stand for about 10 minutes. As with most meat, it
>> will continue to cook a bit while it stands. Slice to about 1/2 to 3/4
>> inch thick and plate.
>>
>> This recipe results in very nicely tender, very tasty pork tenderloin.
>> It's worked for me for 30 years. I plan to serve this with boiled
>> buttered new potatoes and asparagus.
>>
>> Jill
>>
>> ==
>>
>> Sounds good! I couldn't get away with the sage, but Italian seasoning
>> ... so thanks
>>
>> I've saved it
>>

> I won't even ask why the difficulty with sage as an herb. Just try the
> crumb coating on the pork with Dijon mustard to adhere the crumbs.
> Works well with pork chops, too.
>
> Jill
>
> ==
>
> D. loves Italian seasoning. No, I don't know what is in it and I don't
> care! He loves it and that is good enough for me)

Most Italian seasoning is merely a blend of basil, oregano and thyme.
It won't taste at all like the recipe I posted. <shrug>
> When I breadcrumb, I dip in flour, then egg and then the crumbs. It works
> fine

One of the key things about this recipe is it does not require dredging
in flour, then an egg wash, then dredging in crumbs. Brush the pork
with Dijon mustard. Somehow I can't imagine you'd like using Dijon mustard.

Jill

==

You can stop that sneering please. Not everyone likes the same things and I
am sure there are things you don't like either!!!

But for your information, *I* do like it, but D doesn't and I always cater
to his preferences because that is *my* preference.

OK?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Pamela wrote:
> On 09:12 16 Nov 2018, "Ophelia" > wrote in
> :
>

>> "jmcquown" wrote in message ...
>>
>> On 11/15/2018 6:29 AM, Ophelia wrote:

>>> I won't even ask why the difficulty with sage as an herb. Just try
>>> the crumb coating on the pork with Dijon mustard to adhere the
>>> crumbs. Works well with pork chops, too.
>>>
>>> Jill
>>>
>>> ==
>>>
>>> D. loves Italian seasoning. No, I don't know what is in it and I
>>> don't care! He loves it and that is good enough for me)
>>>

>> Most Italian seasoning is merely a blend of basil, oregano and thyme.
>> It won't taste at all like the recipe I posted. <shrug>
>>> When I breadcrumb, I dip in flour, then egg and then the crumbs. It
>>> works fine
>>>

>> One of the key things about this recipe is it does not require
>> dredging in flour, then an egg wash, then dredging in crumbs. Brush
>> the pork with Dijon mustard. Somehow I can't imagine you'd like using
>> Dijon mustard.
>>
>> Jill
>>
>> ==
>>
>> You can stop that sneering please. Not everyone likes the same things
>> and I am sure there are things you don't like either!!!
>>
>> But for your information, *I* do like it, but D doesn't and I always
>> cater to his preferences because that is *my* preference.

> Jill was polite and helpful. Why your surly tone? Dijon mustard isn't
> the real problem with you, is it?

Both of them are way too damned old to blame PMS.

So, Midol won't help.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Hank Rogers" wrote in message news
Pamela wrote:
> On 09:12 16 Nov 2018, "Ophelia" > wrote in
> :
>

>> "jmcquown" wrote in message ...
>>
>> On 11/15/2018 6:29 AM, Ophelia wrote:

>>> I won't even ask why the difficulty with sage as an herb. Just try
>>> the crumb coating on the pork with Dijon mustard to adhere the
>>> crumbs. Works well with pork chops, too.
>>>
>>> Jill
>>>
>>> ==
>>>
>>> D. loves Italian seasoning. No, I don't know what is in it and I
>>> don't care! He loves it and that is good enough for me)
>>>

>> Most Italian seasoning is merely a blend of basil, oregano and thyme.
>> It won't taste at all like the recipe I posted. <shrug>
>>> When I breadcrumb, I dip in flour, then egg and then the crumbs. It
>>> works fine
>>>

>> One of the key things about this recipe is it does not require
>> dredging in flour, then an egg wash, then dredging in crumbs. Brush
>> the pork with Dijon mustard. Somehow I can't imagine you'd like using
>> Dijon mustard.
>>
>> Jill
>>
>> ==
>>
>> You can stop that sneering please. Not everyone likes the same things
>> and I am sure there are things you don't like either!!!
>>
>> But for your information, *I* do like it, but D doesn't and I always
>> cater to his preferences because that is *my* preference.

> Jill was polite and helpful. Why your surly tone? Dijon mustard isn't
> the real problem with you, is it?

Both of them are way too damned old to blame PMS.

So, Midol won't help.
==

Says the young fella!

How old are you? 12?