Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default fruitcake confession

"Cheri" wrote in message news
"Brice" > wrote in message

> Yes, same here. Although we only turn on the airco when it gets over
> 94 or so in the house. That's a couple of time per year.

Bet you don't get much company that way. My SIL did did the same thing in
the summer, we always felt that she did it so we wouldn't have family
functions at her house.

Cheri

==

lol sneaky )) Let everyone else pick up the bill eh?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/13/2018 7:08 PM, Brice wrote:

> Yes, interesting. I always thought the candied fruity bits in Dutch
> currant bread came from oranges and lemons, but it's its own fruit.

i LIKE Citron. it's what made me like fruit cakes. It's a primary
dried fruit in Italian dessert breads, like panettone.

BTW, congrats on the proper use of "it's" and its variations.

nb

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia wrote:

> Same here. Neither of us likes citron.

Thinking of so many posts over the years....no offense but I
swear you and your husband must be DNA related in some way to our
beloved Julie Bove. Have you ever done an ancestry check? Never
in my life have I ever heard of people like you 3 that have some
problem with almost any food ever mentioned. You've taken Julie
even better with don't like any herbs or spices? How fun is
that?

Naturally, as long as you all are happy, no problem but
sorry.....you 3 sound like nutcases to me. Friendly ones though.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 13 Nov 2018 graham wrote:

>I have sachets of BG that look like tea bags.

My wife is a big time tea drinker but she won't use tea bags, only
quality loose tea that she can see the whole tea leaves. She says tea
bags are filled mostly with tiny bits of who knows what... you can be
certain that your BG tea bags are filled with who know what as well
(floor sweepings, insect parts, and rodent hairs).
I make up my own BG with a SS tea diffuser, I know what/who is in it.
I use mostly fresh herbs or whole dried herbs and whole spices. I
never buy powdered herbs/spices... easy enough to whiz up one's own...
and it's always more potent than powdered.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 13 Nov 2018 18:58:06 -0800, "Cheri" >
wrote:

>"Dave Smith" > wrote in message
>news

>>> That's very much like our fruitcake, except for the sour cream, no dates
>>> either. Very good IMO.

>> It's my mother's recipe and her adaptation of her friend's recipe. She
>> added the sour cream to it. The nuts and dates are optional. I omit them
>> but a couple years ago I tried a batch with some prunes, and the results
>> were so good that I now add them.

>I think I would like the prunes and I always put the nuts in just because we
>like them. Wonderful fruit cake IMO.
>
>Cheri

Where's the ciminum? And I'm sure it should read grated citrus zest,
not grated rind... citrus pith is quite bitter unless candied rind. I
always doubt these involved long lists of ingredients recipes unless
there's a picture.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 13 Nov 2018 19:01:42 -0800, "Cheri" >
wrote:

>"Brice" > wrote in message
>
>> Yes, same here. Although we only turn on the airco when it gets over
>> 94 or so in the house. That's a couple of time per year.

I'll bet your jumbo fridge is kept running to cool all your brewskies.

>Bet you don't get much company that way. My SIL did did the same thing in
>the summer, we always felt that she did it so we wouldn't have family
>functions at her house.
>
>Cheri

People who live in a warm climate and don't have A/C or don't turn it
on don't cook. I have some neighbors who live in fancy houses but
have no A/C. During summer they sleep in the basement. And they
don't cook, they eat out. A lot of people who live rural pride
themselves in being extremely frugal. I've heard some of them boast
about how in winter they keep their thermostat set at 60コF and wear
ski clothes indoors.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 13 Nov 2018 19:04:27 -0800, "Cheri" >
wrote:

>"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
>
>> Fine with me, but it's hard for me to imagine a good fruitcake with
>> no nuts.

>I agree there, ours takes at least 2 pounds of nuts, but that is just our
>preference as you say.
>
>Cheri

I find it ironic that a fruit bakes fruitcake... must be nuts! LOL
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 14 Nov 2018 Pamela wrote:
>Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>> Fine with me, but it's hard for me to imagine a good fruitcake with
>> no nuts.
>>

>Good point, for instance, you're a fruitcake that
>enjoys nuts on his nose. LOL!

Pam, where have you been all my life? LOL-LOL

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 14 Nov 2018 08:51:43 -0700, notbob > wrote:

>On 11/13/2018 7:08 PM, Brice wrote:
>
>> Yes, interesting. I always thought the candied fruity bits in Dutch
>> currant bread came from oranges and lemons, but it's its own fruit.

>i LIKE Citron. it's what made me like fruit cakes. It's a primary
>dried fruit in Italian dessert breads, like panettone.
>
>BTW, congrats on the proper use of "it's" and its variations.

Thank you
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 14 Nov 2018 15:05:13 -0000, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>"Brice" wrote in message news >
>On Tue, 13 Nov 2018 21:06:05 -0000, "Ophelia" >
>wrote:
>
>>"Brice" wrote in message
. ..

>>On Tue, 13 Nov 2018 20:34:13 -0000, "Ophelia" >
>>wrote:
>>
>>>"Cheri" wrote in message news >>>
>>>For me, the citron tells me everything I need to know, I don't care for
>>>citron, but for those that do, enjoy!
>>>
>>>Cheri
>>>==
>>>
>>>Same here. Neither of us likes citron.

>>Oh, I know what it is: sukade. I always used to eat around that in
>>currant bread.
>>
>>==
>>
>>Yes! Candied peel)>

>Yes, one of my pet peeves as a child
>
>==
>
>Dunno about a peeve, I always refused to eat it and still do!

Yes, that's what I meant I'm still not a fan but I haven't had
currant bread -with or without citron- since I left NL.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" > wrote in message ...
> Ophelia wrote:
>>
>> Same here. Neither of us likes citron.

> Thinking of so many posts over the years....no offense but I
> swear you and your husband must be DNA related in some way to our
> beloved Julie Bove. Have you ever done an ancestry check? Never
> in my life have I ever heard of people like you 3 that have some
> problem with almost any food ever mentioned. You've taken Julie
> even better with don't like any herbs or spices? How fun is
> that?
>
> Naturally, as long as you all are happy, no problem but
> sorry.....you 3 sound like nutcases to me. Friendly ones though.

I've not found that to be true with Ophelia at all, except for hot spices
which they don't like, I don't like particularly hot things either, she is a
well rounded cook with her likes and dislikes IMO.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>"Brice" wrote in message
>news >
>On Tue, 13 Nov 2018 21:06:05 -0000, "Ophelia" >
>wrote:
>
>>"Brice" wrote in message
. ..

>>On Tue, 13 Nov 2018 20:34:13 -0000, "Ophelia" >
>>wrote:
>>
>>>"Cheri" wrote in message news >>>
>>>For me, the citron tells me everything I need to know, I don't care for
>>>citron, but for those that do, enjoy!
>>>
>>>Cheri
>>>==
>>>
>>>Same here. Neither of us likes citron.

>>Oh, I know what it is: sukade. I always used to eat around that in
>>currant bread.
>>
>>==
>>
>>Yes! Candied peel)>

>Yes, one of my pet peeves as a child
>
>==
>
>Dunno about a peeve, I always refused to eat it and still do!

Yes, that's what I meant I'm still not a fan but I haven't had
currant bread -with or without citron- since I left NL.

==

Well done <g>

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheri" wrote in message news
"Gary" > wrote in message ...
> Ophelia wrote:
>>
>> Same here. Neither of us likes citron.

> Thinking of so many posts over the years....no offense but I
> swear you and your husband must be DNA related in some way to our
> beloved Julie Bove. Have you ever done an ancestry check? Never
> in my life have I ever heard of people like you 3 that have some
> problem with almost any food ever mentioned. You've taken Julie
> even better with don't like any herbs or spices? How fun is
> that?
>
> Naturally, as long as you all are happy, no problem but
> sorry.....you 3 sound like nutcases to me. Friendly ones though.

I've not found that to be true with Ophelia at all, except for hot spices
which they don't like, I don't like particularly hot things either, she is a
well rounded cook with her likes and dislikes IMO.

Cheri

==

Thanks very much, Cheri. I didn't see that post from Gary. I am not sure
what he means about food we don't like.

Hot stuff and many herbs. I wonder what foods Gary doesn't like. If he
tells us maybe we could make fun of him!

How does that sound?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 13 Nov 2018 21:18:10 -0500, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2018-11-13 8:38 p.m., Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>> On Tue 13 Nov 2018 04:50:31p, Brice told us...

>>> What, no booze? Get outta here!
>>>

>> Sour cream in a faruitcake? Get outta here!

>It was one of my mother's additions to her friend's cake. I have a
>number of friends who are trilled to receive my cakes.

Fruitcake topped with icecream is delicious, but then so is most cake.
My mom made a white Russian fruit cake made with heavy cream and laced
abundantly with Kalua and vodka, excellent, my dad would polish off
most of it... we'd each be lucky to get a sliver. When asked what dad
liked to eat instead of saying anything mom would answer everything...
when asked what's for dinner mom would say Tank... mom always cooked
enough to fill his tank. With how much he ate you'd think he was
obese, but no, at 6' he weighed 200 pounds and all lean muscle. Mom
baked her fruit cakes in coffee cans, all round slices. Each can
could be used only once, to remove the cake you'd take a can opener to
the bottom and use the bottom lid to push the cake out. Mom baked
many cakes in coffee cans, most often and a favorite was date nut
loaf, a round slice slathered with cream cheese was addictive.
In those days coffee cans didn't have a plastic lid, and there was a
key to open the top lid, just like the cans of SPAM in those days.
People poured the coffee into mayo jars... then mayo jars were glass
and the lids were metal, I still have a bunch I use as storage
containers. I think going to plastic containers is great for safety,
no glass slivers in mayo or peanut butter, and it's much rarer to hear
"clean-up, aisle 8". Toiletries used to be in glass bottles too;
shampoo. aftershave, etc., drop the shampoo, not only were there glass
schards in the tub, it also chipped the porcelain. We don't like
glass enclosed tubs, we prefer shower curtains... those glass doors
are a major job to clean, curtains can go in the washer with cold
water, or replace, they're inexpensive. And curtains are so
inexpensive and take so little room to store, you can change your
bathroom decor every week. Some shower curtains are like works of
art. I saw some translucent shower curtains advertized that claim
that to anyone looking through them to make yoose ladie's bottoms
appear a few sizes smaller.
https://alexnld.com/product/bathroom...fabric-screen/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 14 Nov 2018 07:47:57 -0500, songbird >
wrote:

>Dave Smith wrote:
>...re sour cream...
>> It was one of my mother's additions to her friend's cake. I have a
>> number of friends who are trilled to receive my cakes.

> yum. i love a good poundcake with sour cream in
>it.
>
> songbird

I read that as you love a good pounding with cream.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 14 Nov 2018 20:19:59 -0000, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>"Cheri" wrote in message news >
>I've not found that to be true with Ophelia at all, except for hot spices
>which they don't like, I don't like particularly hot things either, she is a
>well rounded cook with her likes and dislikes IMO.
>
>Cheri
>
>==
>
>Thanks very much, Cheri. I didn't see that post from Gary. I am not sure
>what he means about food we don't like.
>
>Hot stuff and many herbs. I wonder what foods Gary doesn't like. If he
>tells us maybe we could make fun of him!
>
>How does that sound?

Generally speaking, Gary likes foods with lots of additives, because
the food industry knows how to make something taste good!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> On Wed 14 Nov 2018 11:40:26a, Janet told us...

>> purely for flavour, it doesn't/can't add colour because it's
>> removed and discarded before serving the food.

> Exactly right.

Yer both morons. I posted a correction, hours ago.

nb

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

I saw some translucent shower curtains advertized that claim
> that to anyone looking through them to make yoose ladie's bottoms
> appear a few sizes smaller.

https://alexnld.com/product/bathroom...fabric-screen/

Popeye, yoose ex mother in law must have had one of those curtains.

Made her bottom look smaller to yoose.

When she saw yoose from the other side, it also made yoose little ding
dong look much bigger.

Both of yoose were fooled by the curtain's optics.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>"Cheri" wrote in message news >
>I've not found that to be true with Ophelia at all, except for hot spices
>which they don't like, I don't like particularly hot things either, she is
>well rounded cook with her likes and dislikes IMO.
>
>Cheri
>
>==
>
>Thanks very much, Cheri. I didn't see that post from Gary. I am not sure
>what he means about food we don't like.
>
>Hot stuff and many herbs. I wonder what foods Gary doesn't like. If he
>tells us maybe we could make fun of him!
>
>How does that sound?

Generally speaking, Gary likes foods with lots of additives, because
the food industry knows how to make something taste good!

==

Yep, so should I use it against him? It seems I need to retaliate or he
will think he can pick on me at will??

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 14 Nov 2018 21:21:34 -0000, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>"Brice" wrote in message ...
>
>On Wed, 14 Nov 2018 20:19:59 -0000, "Ophelia" >
>wrote:
>
>>==
>>
>>Thanks very much, Cheri. I didn't see that post from Gary. I am not sure
>>what he means about food we don't like.
>>
>>Hot stuff and many herbs. I wonder what foods Gary doesn't like. If he
>>tells us maybe we could make fun of him!
>>
>>How does that sound?

>Generally speaking, Gary likes foods with lots of additives, because
>the food industry knows how to make something taste good!
>
>==
>
>Yep, so should I use it against him? It seems I need to retaliate or he
>will think he can pick on me at will??

I think you should. The lad needs to be kept on a short leash
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote in message

> "Brice" wrote in message
>
> On Wed, 14 Nov 2018 20:19:59 -0000, "Ophelia" >
> wrote:
>

>>"Cheri" wrote in message news >>
>>I've not found that to be true with Ophelia at all, except for hot spices
>>which they don't like, I don't like particularly hot things either, she is
>>well rounded cook with her likes and dislikes IMO.
>>
>>Cheri
>>
>>==
>>
>>Thanks very much, Cheri. I didn't see that post from Gary. I am not sure
>>what he means about food we don't like.
>>
>>Hot stuff and many herbs. I wonder what foods Gary doesn't like. If he
>>tells us maybe we could make fun of him!
>>
>>How does that sound?

> Generally speaking, Gary likes foods with lots of additives, because
> the food industry knows how to make something taste good!
>
> ==
>
> Yep, so should I use it against him? It seems I need to retaliate or he
> will think he can pick on me at will??

I think Gary is bored, probably bad weather and no work, so trying to amuse
himself.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>"Brice" wrote in message
.. .

>On Wed, 14 Nov 2018 20:19:59 -0000, "Ophelia" >
>wrote:
>
>>==
>>
>>Thanks very much, Cheri. I didn't see that post from Gary. I am not sure
>>what he means about food we don't like.
>>
>>Hot stuff and many herbs. I wonder what foods Gary doesn't like. If he
>>tells us maybe we could make fun of him!
>>
>>How does that sound?

>Generally speaking, Gary likes foods with lots of additives, because
>the food industry knows how to make something taste good!
>
>==
>
>Yep, so should I use it against him? It seems I need to retaliate or he
>will think he can pick on me at will??

I think you should. The lad needs to be kept on a short leash

==

lol he has his moments Nice moments too though I have to say in all
fairness))

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheri" wrote in message news
"Ophelia" > wrote in message

> "Brice" wrote in message
>
> On Wed, 14 Nov 2018 20:19:59 -0000, "Ophelia" >
> wrote:
>

>>"Cheri" wrote in message news >>
>>I've not found that to be true with Ophelia at all, except for hot spices
>>which they don't like, I don't like particularly hot things either, she is
>>well rounded cook with her likes and dislikes IMO.
>>
>>Cheri
>>
>>==
>>
>>Thanks very much, Cheri. I didn't see that post from Gary. I am not sure
>>what he means about food we don't like.
>>
>>Hot stuff and many herbs. I wonder what foods Gary doesn't like. If he
>>tells us maybe we could make fun of him!
>>
>>How does that sound?

> Generally speaking, Gary likes foods with lots of additives, because
> the food industry knows how to make something taste good!
>
> ==
>
> Yep, so should I use it against him? It seems I need to retaliate or he
> will think he can pick on me at will??

I think Gary is bored, probably bad weather and no work, so trying to amuse
himself.

Cheri

==

Probably

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 15 Nov 2018 09:35:19 -0000, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>"Brice" wrote in message ...
>
>On Wed, 14 Nov 2018 21:21:34 -0000, "Ophelia" >
>wrote:
>

>>"Brice" wrote in message
. ..

>>Generally speaking, Gary likes foods with lots of additives, because
>>the food industry knows how to make something taste good!
>>
>>==
>>
>>Yep, so should I use it against him? It seems I need to retaliate or he
>>will think he can pick on me at will??

>I think you should. The lad needs to be kept on a short leash
>
>==
>
>lol he has his moments Nice moments too though I have to say in all
>fairness))

Yes, he's a bit schizo. Just when you think he's not so bad, he
ambushes you from behind a McDonalds franchise.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>"Brice" wrote in message
.. .

>On Wed, 14 Nov 2018 21:21:34 -0000, "Ophelia" >
>wrote:
>

>>"Brice" wrote in message
. ..

>>Generally speaking, Gary likes foods with lots of additives, because
>>the food industry knows how to make something taste good!
>>
>>==
>>
>>Yep, so should I use it against him? It seems I need to retaliate or he
>>will think he can pick on me at will??

>I think you should. The lad needs to be kept on a short leash
>
>==
>
>lol he has his moments Nice moments too though I have to say in all
>fairness))

Yes, he's a bit schizo. Just when you think he's not so bad, he
ambushes you from behind a McDonalds franchise.

==

Ask me how I know!!!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote in message

> "Brice" wrote in message
>
> On Wed, 14 Nov 2018 21:21:34 -0000, "Ophelia" >
> wrote:
>

>>"Brice" wrote in message
. ..

>>On Wed, 14 Nov 2018 20:19:59 -0000, "Ophelia" >
>>wrote:
>>
>>>==
>>>
>>>Thanks very much, Cheri. I didn't see that post from Gary. I am not
>>>sure
>>>what he means about food we don't like.
>>>
>>>Hot stuff and many herbs. I wonder what foods Gary doesn't like. If he
>>>tells us maybe we could make fun of him!
>>>
>>>How does that sound?

>>Generally speaking, Gary likes foods with lots of additives, because
>>the food industry knows how to make something taste good!
>>
>>==
>>
>>Yep, so should I use it against him? It seems I need to retaliate or he
>>will think he can pick on me at will??

> I think you should. The lad needs to be kept on a short leash
>
> ==
>
> lol he has his moments Nice moments too though I have to say in all
> fairness))

Yes, that's true. Mostly good.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

After serious thinking Ophelia wrote :

> "Brice" wrote in message ...
>
> On Wed, 14 Nov 2018 21:21:34 -0000, "Ophelia" >
> wrote:
>

>>"Brice" wrote in message ...
>>
>>On Wed, 14 Nov 2018 20:19:59 -0000, "Ophelia" >
>>wrote:
>>
>>>==
>>>
>>>Thanks very much, Cheri. I didn't see that post from Gary. I am not sure
>>>what he means about food we don't like.
>>>
>>>Hot stuff and many herbs. I wonder what foods Gary doesn't like. If he
>>>tells us maybe we could make fun of him!
>>>
>>>How does that sound?

>>Generally speaking, Gary likes foods with lots of additives, because
>>the food industry knows how to make something taste good!
>>
>>==
>>
>>Yep, so should I use it against him? It seems I need to retaliate or he
>>will think he can pick on me at will??

> I think you should. The lad needs to be kept on a short leash
>
> ==
>
> lol he has his moments Nice moments too though I have to say in all
> fairness))

I've learned from you that as long as one
puts a bunch of smiley faces at the end
of a post it doesn't matter how lame
their messages are

_____ _____ _____ _____
.' '. .' '. .' '. .' '.
/ o o \ / o o \ / o o \ / o o \
| | | | | | | |
| \ / | | \ / | | \ / | | \ / |
\ '---' / \ '---' / \ '---' / \ '---' /
'._____.' '._____.' '._____.' '._____.'
_____ _____ _____ _____
.' '. .' '. .' '. .' '.
/ o o \ / o o \ / o o \ / o o \
| | | | | | | |
| \ / | | \ / | | \ / | | \ / |
\ '---' / \ '---' / \ '---' / \ '---' /
'._____.' '._____.' '._____.' '._____.'
_____ _____ _____ _____
.' '. .' '. .' '. .' '.
/ o o \ / o o \ / o o \ / o o \
| | | | | | | |
| \ / | | \ / | | \ / | | \ / |
\ '---' / \ '---' / \ '---' / \ '---' /
'._____.' '._____.' '._____.' '._____.'
_____ _____ _____ _____
.' '. .' '. .' '. .' '.
/ o o \ / o o \ / o o \ / o o \
| | | | | | | |
| \ / | | \ / | | \ / | | \ / |
\ '---' / \ '---' / \ '---' / \ '---' /
'._____.' '._____.' '._____.' '._____.'

_ **** YOU _
|_| |_|
| | /^^^\ | |
_| |_ (| "o" |) _| |_
_| | | | _ (_---_) _ | | | |_
| | | | |' | _| |_ | `| | | | |
| | / \ | |
\ / / /(. .)\ \ \ /
\ / / / | . | \ \ \ /
\ \/ / ||Y|| \ \/ /
\__/ || || \__/
() ()
|| ||
ooO Ooo

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 15 Nov 2018 11:40:52 -0000, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>"Brice" wrote in message ...
>
>On Thu, 15 Nov 2018 09:35:19 -0000, "Ophelia" >
>wrote:
>

>>"Brice" wrote in message
. ..

>>On Wed, 14 Nov 2018 21:21:34 -0000, "Ophelia" >
>>wrote:
>>

>>>"Brice" wrote in message
>>>
>>>Generally speaking, Gary likes foods with lots of additives, because
>>>the food industry knows how to make something taste good!
>>>
>>>==
>>>
>>>Yep, so should I use it against him? It seems I need to retaliate or he
>>>will think he can pick on me at will??

>>I think you should. The lad needs to be kept on a short leash
>>
>>==
>>
>>lol he has his moments Nice moments too though I have to say in all
>>fairness))

>Yes, he's a bit schizo. Just when you think he's not so bad, he
>ambushes you from behind a McDonalds franchise.
>
>==
>
>Ask me how I know!!!

lol
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cheri wrote:

> "Ophelia" wrote:
> > lol he has his moments Nice moments too though I have to say in all
> > fairness))

> Yes, that's true. Mostly good.

Hi you two. Yeah, I'm harmless enough.
Just need to let off steam occasionally.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" wrote in message ...

Cheri wrote:

> "Ophelia" wrote:
> > lol he has his moments Nice moments too though I have to say in all
> > fairness))

> Yes, that's true. Mostly good.

Hi you two. Yeah, I'm harmless enough.
Just need to let off steam occasionally.

==

Ok well I've had plenty of your steam lately ;p You just gotta find another
steam beneficiary ... please <g>

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 18 Nov 2018 16:56:45 GMT, Pamela >
wrote:

>On 19:39 14 Nov 2018, Wayne Boatwright > wrote
>in 15.223:

>>> besides your liver...
>>>

>>> songbird (missing wink alert and two missing ( alerts
>>> and a note about not drinking much at all here
>>> these days...
>>>

>> I never serve fruitcake to any known alcoholic because the alcohol is
>> not cooked out. It cansometimes smell like a drunk walked in. :-)

>Having an alcoholic attend dinner is a nuisance and an embarrassment.
>
>The worse cases have no interest at all in the food you serve.
>
>I avoid them.

There are alcoholics who don't drink.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

:

>> On Wed, 14 Nov 2018 01:23:18 -0000 (UTC), Wayne Boatwright
>> > wrote:
>>
>>>On Tue 13 Nov 2018 11:54:23a, Brice told us...

om...

wrote:

>>>It's quite hot most of the yer in AZ, but our condo has central air
>>>that runs in all but the coldest weather. We keep such things in the
>>>pantry with no problem. Even if we had a basement it would still be
>>>too hot for storng many food items.

>> Yes, same here. Although we only turn on the airco when it gets over
>> 94 or so in the house. That's a couple of time per year.

>Where are you? I'm in Scotland.

In the subtropicalish part of Australia.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

:

wrote:

>>>Where are you? I'm in Scotland.

>> In the subtropicalish part of Australia.

>Is that aborigine country?

The politically correct answer is that it's all Aborigine country, but
there are more Aborigines up north.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

:

>> On Sun, 18 Nov 2018 16:56:45 GMT, Pamela >
>> wrote:

>>> Having an alcoholic attend dinner is a nuisance and an embarrassment.
>>>
>>> The worse cases have no interest at all in the food you serve.
>>>
>>> I avoid them.

>> There are alcoholics who don't drink.

>???

Alcoholics in recovery.

Doris
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 18 Nov 2018 15:11:22 -0500, Doris Night
> wrote:

>On Sun, 18 Nov 2018 17:53:09 GMT, Pamela >
>wrote:
>
>>On 17:07 18 Nov 2018, Brice > wrote in
m:

>>> There are alcoholics who don't drink.

>>???

>Alcoholics in recovery.

Yes, I know people who haven't had a drink for decades and are still
considered -also by themselves- as alcoholics.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

:

>> On Sun, 18 Nov 2018 18:45:59 GMT, Pamela >
>> wrote:
>>
>>>On 18:41 18 Nov 2018, Brice > wrote in
:

>>>Is that aborigine country?

>> The politically correct answer is that it's all Aborigine country, but
>> there are more Aborigines up north.

>I saw a series on the telly where the presenter went around making bush
>tucker. I suppose there might be something that's vaguely palatable
>although I can't say I'm tempted to try any. Have you?

Only croc, kangaroo, possum and emu. I haven't tried witchetty grubs
or any plant bush tucker.

>Scottish food has some notoriously unhealthy preparations. After all, this
>it the home of the deep fried Mars Bar.

And of haggis. I'd try that and probably like it if I ate meat.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>> In the subtropicalish part of Australia.

>>Is that aborigine country?

> The politically correct answer is that it's all Aborigine country, but
> there are more Aborigines up north.

But the real answer is "WAS" Aborigine country.

Cheri