Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Let There Be Light

After about ten years my flourescent desk lamp died. At first I
thought it needed a new bulb, so I put in a new one, no luck, the lamp
was kaput. Time to check Amazon and ordered this one:
https://www.amazon.com/SUNBEAM-FLEXI...mg_top?ie=UTF8
It arrived in two days and plugged it in yesterday. I love it!
Takes half the desk space and gives plenty of light. It has three
light settings, for most tasks medium is sufficient. It only uses 4.5
watts. I like that it's shorter, no glare in my eyes or the monitor,
and the matte black finish doesn't reflect light like my old one did
with its shiny ecru finish. Oh, can't beat the price, $12.55.... the
flourescent bulbs for my old lamp cost $12 and lasted about six
months.
The only negative is its line cord is thin, first thing I did was slip
a corrogtated shield over it, can't be too careful with cats.
I give this product ten stars.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, September 23, 2018 at 8:18:25 PM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:

> After about ten years my flourescent desk lamp died. At first I
> thought it needed a new bulb, so I put in a new one, no luck, the lamp
> was kaput. Time to check Amazon and ordered this one:
> https://www.amazon.com/SUNBEAM-FLEXI...mg_top?ie=UTF8
>
> It arrived in two days and plugged it in yesterday. I love it!
> Takes half the desk space and gives plenty of light. It has three
> light settings, for most tasks medium is sufficient.

I got one like this one at Walmart about 2 or 3 years ago. I like it that
it clips onto the side of my laptop desk but it only has off and on. I
put 25 watt equivalent florescent chandelier bulb in it. I to got the
silver colored one and it's great for illuminating the laptop keyboard.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mainstays...Black/44465536
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Miserable Old Douche wrote

> After about ten years my flourescent desk lamp died.

How interesting.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-09-23 10:08 PM, MartyB wrote:

> Miserable Old Douche wrote
>> After about ten years my flourescent desk lamp died.

> How interesting.

Well his spelling made it food-related:-)

Light caramel frosting (light brown sugar frosting) Christopher M.[_3_] General Cooking 4 18-08-2011 02:40 AM
see the light Peter Lucas[_14_] General Cooking 0 05-07-2010 10:09 PM
Light Amani General Cooking 0 29-01-2007 07:14 AM
Uses of Light Rum [email protected] General Cooking 5 15-08-2005 06:23 PM