Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Ice Cream Cone Day

It is today. Splurge and enjoy!

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy2" > wrote in message
> It is today. Splurge and enjoy!
>
> N.

Perfect. Granddaughter and her husband are coming over. Pizza, salad, and
ice cream with strawberries for dessert.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cheri, good luck...it might be kinda hard to top a cone with strawberries, though. ;-))

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 22 Sep 2018 09:18:02 -0700 (PDT), Nancy2
> wrote:

>Cheri, good luck...it might be kinda hard to top a cone with strawberries, though. ;-))

Maybe 'ice cream with strawberries' means 'strawberry ice cream' in
this case:

<https://groceries.morrisons.com/productImages/304/304242011_0_640x640.jpg?identifier=4ad0339ae723adc 33445177f5d074dc2>

Just don't ask what the red stuff's really made of.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Druce" wrote in message ...

On Sat, 22 Sep 2018 09:18:02 -0700 (PDT), Nancy2
> wrote:

>Cheri, good luck...it might be kinda hard to top a cone with strawberries,
>though. ;-))

Maybe 'ice cream with strawberries' means 'strawberry ice cream' in
this case:

<https://groceries.morrisons.com/productImages/304/304242011_0_640x640.jpg?identifier=4ad0339ae723adc 33445177f5d074dc2>

Just don't ask what the red stuff's really made of.

==

Fresh strawberries are everywhere just now and I have at least one bowl with
ice cream every day)

No, I wouldn't eat that stuff either

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 22 Sep 2018 17:52:37 +0100, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>"Druce" wrote in message ...
>
>On Sat, 22 Sep 2018 09:18:02 -0700 (PDT), Nancy2
> wrote:
>
>>Cheri, good luck...it might be kinda hard to top a cone with strawberries,
>>though. ;-))

>Maybe 'ice cream with strawberries' means 'strawberry ice cream' in
>this case:
>
><https://groceries.morrisons.com/productImages/304/304242011_0_640x640.jpg?identifier=4ad0339ae723adc 33445177f5d074dc2>
>
>Just don't ask what the red stuff's really made of.
>
>==
>
>Fresh strawberries are everywhere just now and I have at least one bowl with
>ice cream every day)
>
>No, I wouldn't eat that stuff either

Some young guys had been hiding needles in Australian strawberries.
Tonnes of them had to be destroyed because people stopped buying them
for a while.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/22/2018 10:34 AM, Druce wrote:

> Maybe 'ice cream with strawberries' means 'strawberry ice cream' in
> this case:
>
> <https://groceries.morrisons.com/productImages/304/304242011_0_640x640.jpg?identifier=4ad0339ae723adc 33445177f5d074dc2>
>
> Just don't ask what the red stuff's really made of.

I used to love strawberry ice cream. Ever since "Strawberries n' Cream"
(Knudsen? Borden's? mid 60's) was discontinued, I've lost interest.

nb

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>"Druce" wrote in message
.. .

>On Sat, 22 Sep 2018 09:18:02 -0700 (PDT), Nancy2
> wrote:
>
>>Cheri, good luck...it might be kinda hard to top a cone with strawberries,
>>though. ;-))

>Maybe 'ice cream with strawberries' means 'strawberry ice cream' in
>this case:
>
><https://groceries.morrisons.com/productImages/304/304242011_0_640x640.jpg?identifier=4ad0339ae723adc 33445177f5d074dc2>
>
>Just don't ask what the red stuff's really made of.
>
>==
>
>Fresh strawberries are everywhere just now and I have at least one bowl
>with
>ice cream every day)
>
>No, I wouldn't eat that stuff either

Some young guys had been hiding needles in Australian strawberries.
Tonnes of them had to be destroyed because people stopped buying them
for a while.

==

Yes! It's been in our news too!! I must admit I am being very careful now.
I am just nervous in case we have any copycat delinquents

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/22/2018 3:59 PM, Ophelia wrote:

> "Druce"Â* wrote in message
>
> On Sat, 22 Sep 2018 17:52:37 +0100, "Ophelia" >
> wrote:
>
>> "Druce"Â* wrote in message
>>
>> On Sat, 22 Sep 2018 09:18:02 -0700 (PDT), Nancy2
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> Cheri, good luck...it might be kinda hard to top a cone with
>>> strawberries,
>>> though.Â* ;-))

>> Maybe 'ice cream with strawberries' means 'strawberry ice cream' in
>> this case:
>>
>> <https://groceries.morrisons.com/productImages/304/304242011_0_640x640.jpg?identifier=4ad0339ae723adc 33445177f5d074dc2>
>>

>> Just don't ask what the red stuff's really made of.
>>
>> ==
>>
>> Fresh strawberries are everywhere just now and I have at least one bowl
>> with
>> ice cream every day)
>>
>> No, I wouldn't eat that stuff either

> Some young guys had been hiding needles in Australian strawberries.
> Tonnes of them had to be destroyed because people stopped buying them
> for a while.
>
> ==
>
> Yes!Â* It's been in our news too!!Â* I must admit I am being very careful
> now.
> I am just nervous in case we have any copycat delinquents

What is wrong with those people?! Wow.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/22/2018 9:15 AM, Nancy2 wrote:
> It is today. Splurge and enjoy!
>
> N.

So sorry, N2! Just because it is proclaimed so doesn't mean I want an
ice cream cone. I don't have any ice cream, frozen yogurt or cones on hand.

I do like ice cream on occasion (coffee, and expresso chip) but I never
have it in cones. Just a scoop or two in a bowl.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 22 Sep 2018 20:59:43 +0100, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>"Druce" wrote in message ...
>
>On Sat, 22 Sep 2018 17:52:37 +0100, "Ophelia" >
>wrote:
>
>>Fresh strawberries are everywhere just now and I have at least one bowl
>>with
>>ice cream every day)
>>
>>No, I wouldn't eat that stuff either

>Some young guys had been hiding needles in Australian strawberries.
>Tonnes of them had to be destroyed because people stopped buying them
>for a while.
>
>==
>
>Yes! It's been in our news too!! I must admit I am being very careful now.
>I am just nervous in case we have any copycat delinquents

Yes, there's always that chance. The solution was to chop them up
fine.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy2 wrote:

> It is today. Splurge and enjoy!

Cones lost in desert. News at 6.
http://www.hostpic.org/images/1809230355500092.jpg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" wrote in message ...

On 9/22/2018 3:59 PM, Ophelia wrote:

> "Druce" wrote in message
>
> On Sat, 22 Sep 2018 17:52:37 +0100, "Ophelia" >
> wrote:
>
>> "Druce" wrote in message
>>
>> On Sat, 22 Sep 2018 09:18:02 -0700 (PDT), Nancy2
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> Cheri, good luck...it might be kinda hard to top a cone with
>>> strawberries,
>>> though. ;-))

>> Maybe 'ice cream with strawberries' means 'strawberry ice cream' in
>> this case:
>>
>> <https://groceries.morrisons.com/productImages/304/304242011_0_640x640.jpg?identifier=4ad0339ae723adc 33445177f5d074dc2>
>>
>> Just don't ask what the red stuff's really made of.
>>
>> ==
>>
>> Fresh strawberries are everywhere just now and I have at least one bowl
>> with
>> ice cream every day)
>>
>> No, I wouldn't eat that stuff either

> Some young guys had been hiding needles in Australian strawberries.
> Tonnes of them had to be destroyed because people stopped buying them
> for a while.
>
> ==
>
> Yes! It's been in our news too!! I must admit I am being very careful
> now.
> I am just nervous in case we have any copycat delinquents

What is wrong with those people?! Wow.

Jill

==

All I can think of is someone who has a grudge against the strawberry
industry. It certainly is a good way to destroy it

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>"Druce" wrote in message
.. .

>On Sat, 22 Sep 2018 17:52:37 +0100, "Ophelia" >
>wrote:
>
>>Fresh strawberries are everywhere just now and I have at least one bowl
>>with
>>ice cream every day)
>>
>>No, I wouldn't eat that stuff either

>Some young guys had been hiding needles in Australian strawberries.
>Tonnes of them had to be destroyed because people stopped buying them
>for a while.
>
>==
>
>Yes! It's been in our news too!! I must admit I am being very careful
>now.
>I am just nervous in case we have any copycat delinquents

Yes, there's always that chance. The solution was to chop them up
fine.

==

If it continues that industry will die!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 23 Sep 2018 08:24:52 +0100, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>"Druce" wrote in message ...
>
>On Sat, 22 Sep 2018 20:59:43 +0100, "Ophelia" >
>wrote:
>

>>"Druce" wrote in message
. ..

>>On Sat, 22 Sep 2018 17:52:37 +0100, "Ophelia" >
>>wrote:
>>
>>>Fresh strawberries are everywhere just now and I have at least one bowl
>>>with
>>>ice cream every day)
>>>
>>>No, I wouldn't eat that stuff either

>>Some young guys had been hiding needles in Australian strawberries.
>>Tonnes of them had to be destroyed because people stopped buying them
>>for a while.
>>
>>==
>>
>>Yes! It's been in our news too!! I must admit I am being very careful
>>now.
>>I am just nervous in case we have any copycat delinquents

>Yes, there's always that chance. The solution was to chop them up
>fine.
>
>==
>
>If it continues that industry will die!

Yes, it's very damaging. It's not like with bread or coffee or tea.
It's very easy not to have strawberries for half a year.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>"Druce" wrote in message
.. .

>On Sat, 22 Sep 2018 20:59:43 +0100, "Ophelia" >
>wrote:
>

>>"Druce" wrote in message
. ..

>>On Sat, 22 Sep 2018 17:52:37 +0100, "Ophelia" >
>>wrote:
>>
>>>Fresh strawberries are everywhere just now and I have at least one bowl
>>>with
>>>ice cream every day)
>>>
>>>No, I wouldn't eat that stuff either

>>Some young guys had been hiding needles in Australian strawberries.
>>Tonnes of them had to be destroyed because people stopped buying them
>>for a while.
>>
>>==
>>
>>Yes! It's been in our news too!! I must admit I am being very careful
>>now.
>>I am just nervous in case we have any copycat delinquents

>Yes, there's always that chance. The solution was to chop them up
>fine.
>
>==
>
>If it continues that industry will die!

Yes, it's very damaging. It's not like with bread or coffee or tea.
It's very easy not to have strawberries for half a year.

===

Yes We saw some producers on our tv. They are despairing(

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 22 Sep 2018 06:15:23 -0700 (PDT), Nancy2 wrote:

> It is today. Splurge and enjoy!

10 minutes after I read your post I was downstairs trying to make
ice cream cones. The 5th time was a charm (the first 4 will make
excellent crispy ice cream add-ins). I really liked the cone recipe
from America's Test Kitchen. And no, you can't do it in a skillet -
they didn't tell me that!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/sqwert...ream/lightbox/

Ice cream is HEB's "Intense Chocolate". Never really liked chocolate
ice cream until I discovered this Evil stuff 4 gallons ago. It's
packed pretty tight into that tube.

Shit. I just now realized you posted this YESTERDAY. Duh. So I'm
a day late, sue me.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:

> On Sat, 22 Sep 2018 06:15:23 -0700 (PDT), Nancy2 wrote:
>
> > It is today. Splurge and enjoy!

> 10 minutes after I read your post I was downstairs trying to make
> ice cream cones. The 5th time was a charm (the first 4 will make
> excellent crispy ice cream add-ins). I really liked the cone recipe
> from America's Test Kitchen. And no, you can't do it in a skillet -
> they didn't tell me that!
>
> https://www.flickr.com/photos/sqwert...ream/lightbox/

That cone looks very nice. Waffle cone without the waffle
texture. Did it taste that way?

I used to buy a cone from an icecream place here. Even ran a few
extra miles to burn calories to justify that cone. Uncle Harry's
Icecream. not around here anymore.

My cone to die for was...one scoop apple pie ice cream with one
reese's peanut butter cup candy mixed in then served in a waffle
cone. This is what they serve in Heaven if you make it there
eventially.

A Day Late but Not an Ice Cream Cone Short jmcquown[_2_] General Cooking 47 07-07-2010 08:06 PM
sugar cone Christmas trees Tara General Cooking 6 18-12-2009 08:46 AM
Moe Nuur Cone Assur Duudymain Diabetic 0 22-11-2009 07:25 AM
sugar ice cream cone Christmas trees Tara General Cooking 8 22-12-2008 01:28 PM
Caramel cone's sandy Baking 0 21-11-2004 01:24 AM