Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Mary Masters "My Great Recipe" recipe card set

Looking for a savoury mince dish with beef mince sliced potatoes peppers and tomatoes and spices, can't remember what the dish was called and lost the recipe card can anyone help.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Hi Everyone,

I have an entire set of recipe cards in the original container. I will be selling it.
If anyone is interested let me know. Best offer plus shipping.
Reply with your email if you would like to see a photo.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

The OP was in 1996!!!

Who dug this up, anyway? In his/her favor, it WAS about cooking and included a recipe.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/2/2019 11:12 AM, Nancy2 wrote:
> The OP was in 1996!!!
>
> Who dug this up, anyway? In his/her favor, it WAS about cooking and included a recipe.
>
> N.

People using Google Groups don't bother to check the dates, they just
hit reply. They don't bother to quote either. Neither do you, for that
matter. But yes, it was about cooking. Happy New Year!

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, January 2, 2019 at 11:34:49 AM UTC-5, Jill McQuown wrote:
> On 1/2/2019 11:12 AM, Nancy2 wrote:
> > The OP was in 1996!!!
> >
> > Who dug this up, anyway? In his/her favor, it WAS about cooking and included a recipe.
> >
> > N.
> >

> People using Google Groups don't bother to check the dates, they just
> hit reply. They don't bother to quote either. Neither do you, for that
> matter. But yes, it was about cooking. Happy New Year!
>
> Jill

As far as I can tell, GG automatically quotes if you're using
a desktop browser, and doesn't quote if you're using a mobile
device.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, January 2, 2019 at 7:54:58 AM UTC-10, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Wednesday, January 2, 2019 at 11:34:49 AM UTC-5, Jill McQuown wrote:
> > On 1/2/2019 11:12 AM, Nancy2 wrote:
> > > The OP was in 1996!!!
> > >
> > > Who dug this up, anyway? In his/her favor, it WAS about cooking and included a recipe.
> > >
> > > N.
> > >

> > People using Google Groups don't bother to check the dates, they just
> > hit reply. They don't bother to quote either. Neither do you, for that
> > matter. But yes, it was about cooking. Happy New Year!
> >
> > Jill

> As far as I can tell, GG automatically quotes if you're using
> a desktop browser, and doesn't quote if you're using a mobile
> device.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

You cannot quote using the Google Groups mobile interface. You could copy and paste the post you're responding to but you'd have to type in the person you're responding to manually.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Good call, Cindy, that is exactly the difference between quoting and not quoting. Being disabled, I
am more comfy in an upholstered chair than at my "desk" (dining room table), so if I am having a
not-so-good day, pain-wise, I use my iPad instead of my laptop. I have been unable so far to find
the perfect arrangement to use my laptop in my upholstered chair, so most of my posts are from
my iPad.

I do make a pretty reliable effort to refer to the post on which I am commenting.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 2 Jan 2019 10:07:19 -0800 (PST), dsi1 >
wrote:

>On Wednesday, January 2, 2019 at 7:54:58 AM UTC-10, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

>> > People using Google Groups don't bother to check the dates, they just
>> > hit reply. They don't bother to quote either. Neither do you, for that
>> > matter. But yes, it was about cooking. Happy New Year!
>> >
>> > Jill

>> As far as I can tell, GG automatically quotes if you're using
>> a desktop browser, and doesn't quote if you're using a mobile
>> device.
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton

>You cannot quote using the Google Groups mobile interface.

Something to add to the list.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, January 2, 2019 at 4:16:41 PM UTC-6, Nancy2 wrote:

> Being disabled, I
> am more comfy in an upholstered chair than at my "desk" (dining room table), so if I am having a
> not-so-good day, pain-wise, I use my iPad instead of my laptop. I have been unable so far to find
> the perfect arrangement to use my laptop in my upholstered chair, so most of my posts are from
> my iPad.

Take a look a this Nancy. My is almost exactly the same except the front/back
stops to keep the laptop from sliding off. It works just like one of those
hospital tables that fit across the bed. I've seen these at Office Depot and
Office Max with the exception their didn't have to stops to prevent laptop
sliding.

The table portion locks into position for either a leftie or a righthanded
person. I'm usually parked on the couch with my feet stretched out on the
cushions.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Zeny-Roll...Home/811585687
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, January 2, 2019 at 12:16:41 PM UTC-10, Nancy2 wrote:
> Good call, Cindy, that is exactly the difference between quoting and not quoting. Being disabled, I
> am more comfy in an upholstered chair than at my "desk" (dining room table), so if I am having a
> not-so-good day, pain-wise, I use my iPad instead of my laptop. I have been unable so far to find
> the perfect arrangement to use my laptop in my upholstered chair, so most of my posts are from
> my iPad.
>
> I do make a pretty reliable effort to refer to the post on which I am commenting.
>
> N.

I wouldn't worry about it. You're about twenty years ahead of these guys who are still using archaic desktop client programs on Windows machines.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 2 Jan 2019 16:05:30 -0800 (PST), dsi1 >
wrote:

>On Wednesday, January 2, 2019 at 12:16:41 PM UTC-10, Nancy2 wrote:
>> Good call, Cindy, that is exactly the difference between quoting and not quoting. Being disabled, I
>> am more comfy in an upholstered chair than at my "desk" (dining room table), so if I am having a
>> not-so-good day, pain-wise, I use my iPad instead of my laptop. I have been unable so far to find
>> the perfect arrangement to use my laptop in my upholstered chair, so most of my posts are from
>> my iPad.
>>
>> I do make a pretty reliable effort to refer to the post on which I am commenting.
>>
>> N.

>I wouldn't worry about it. You're about twenty years ahead of these guys who are still using archaic desktop client programs on Windows machines.

Hey Nancy2, you're 20 years ahead of me! What's it like in 2039?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, January 2, 2019 at 2:09:48 PM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:
> On Wed, 2 Jan 2019 16:05:30 -0800 (PST), dsi1 >
> wrote:
>
> >On Wednesday, January 2, 2019 at 12:16:41 PM UTC-10, Nancy2 wrote:
> >> Good call, Cindy, that is exactly the difference between quoting and not quoting. Being disabled, I
> >> am more comfy in an upholstered chair than at my "desk" (dining room table), so if I am having a
> >> not-so-good day, pain-wise, I use my iPad instead of my laptop. I have been unable so far to find
> >> the perfect arrangement to use my laptop in my upholstered chair, so most of my posts are from
> >> my iPad.
> >>
> >> I do make a pretty reliable effort to refer to the post on which I am commenting.
> >>
> >> N.

> >I wouldn't worry about it. You're about twenty years ahead of these guys who are still using archaic desktop client programs on Windows machines.

> Hey Nancy2, you're 20 years ahead of me! What's it like in 2039?

She's in 2019. Yoose guys are in 1999.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 2 Jan 2019 16:44:35 -0800 (PST), dsi1 >
wrote:

>On Wednesday, January 2, 2019 at 2:09:48 PM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:
>> On Wed, 2 Jan 2019 16:05:30 -0800 (PST), dsi1 >
>> wrote:

>> >I wouldn't worry about it. You're about twenty years ahead of these guys who are still using archaic desktop client programs on Windows machines.

>> Hey Nancy2, you're 20 years ahead of me! What's it like in 2039?

>She's in 2019. Yoose guys are in 1999.

That explains why I'm still using Usenet.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>On Wednesday, January 2, 2019 at 2:09:48 PM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:
>> On Wed, 2 Jan 2019 16:05:30 -0800 (PST), dsi1 >
>> wrote:

>> >I wouldn't worry about it. You're about twenty years ahead of these guys
>> >who are still using archaic desktop client programs on Windows machines.

>> Hey Nancy2, you're 20 years ahead of me! What's it like in 2039?

>She's in 2019. Yoose guys are in 1999.

That explains why I'm still using Usenet.

==

Same here!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 3 Jan 2019 09:23:39 -0000, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>"Bruce" wrote in message ...
>
>On Wed, 2 Jan 2019 16:44:35 -0800 (PST), dsi1 >
>wrote:
>
>>On Wednesday, January 2, 2019 at 2:09:48 PM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:

>>> Hey Nancy2, you're 20 years ahead of me! What's it like in 2039?

>>She's in 2019. Yoose guys are in 1999.

>That explains why I'm still using Usenet.
>
>==
>
>Same here!

We're Internet dinosaurs.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, January 2, 2019 at 5:16:41 PM UTC-5, Nancy2 wrote:
> Good call, Cindy, that is exactly the difference between quoting and not quoting. Being disabled, I
> am more comfy in an upholstered chair than at my "desk" (dining room table), so if I am having a
> not-so-good day, pain-wise, I use my iPad instead of my laptop. I have been unable so far to find
> the perfect arrangement to use my laptop in my upholstered chair, so most of my posts are from
> my iPad.

Oddly enough, I'm more comfortable at my desk, which has a real (if ugly)
office chair. If I sit in my recliner (and I never recline) for too long,
I get a backache. Reclining makes it worse. I guess 40 years of office
work has molded my frame for an office chair.

Everybody's different.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, January 2, 2019 at 7:05:34 PM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:
> On Wednesday, January 2, 2019 at 12:16:41 PM UTC-10, Nancy2 wrote:
> > Good call, Cindy, that is exactly the difference between quoting and not quoting. Being disabled, I
> > am more comfy in an upholstered chair than at my "desk" (dining room table), so if I am having a
> > not-so-good day, pain-wise, I use my iPad instead of my laptop. I have been unable so far to find
> > the perfect arrangement to use my laptop in my upholstered chair, so most of my posts are from
> > my iPad.
> >
> > I do make a pretty reliable effort to refer to the post on which I am commenting.
> >
> > N.

> I wouldn't worry about it. You're about twenty years ahead of these guys who are still using archaic desktop client programs on Windows machines.

Good thing I'm using a browser on Linux.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>"Bruce" wrote in message
.. .

>On Wed, 2 Jan 2019 16:44:35 -0800 (PST), dsi1 >
>wrote:
>
>>On Wednesday, January 2, 2019 at 2:09:48 PM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:

>>> Hey Nancy2, you're 20 years ahead of me! What's it like in 2039?

>>She's in 2019. Yoose guys are in 1999.

>That explains why I'm still using Usenet.
>
>==
>
>Same here!

We're Internet dinosaurs.

==