Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Dinner tonight

I just turned off the stove burner - made 3 cups of rice.
One cup or so will be dinner topped with beef and broccoli in a
thickened sauce.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, August 6, 2018 at 8:37:43 AM UTC-10, Gary wrote:
> I just turned off the stove burner - made 3 cups of rice.
> One cup or so will be dinner topped with beef and broccoli in a
> thickened sauce.

I was going to cook a pork butt on the stove yesterday but thought "what the heck, I'll just stick it in the rice cooker." I crammed 2 lbs of pork in my little cooker with some onions and a little water and flipped the switch.. That was about 19 hours ago. Hee hee.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, August 6, 2018 at 1:47:10 PM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:

> I was going to cook a pork butt on the stove yesterday but thought "what the heck, I'll just stick it in the rice cooker." I crammed 2 lbs of pork in my little cooker with some onions and a little water and flipped the switch. That was about 19 hours ago. Hee hee.

How did it turn out??

I've got a nice Weber grill but I'm toying with buying an electric
smoker. Still on the fence, though.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, August 6, 2018 at 1:37:43 PM UTC-5, Gary wrote:

> I just turned off the stove burner - made 3 cups of rice.
> One cup or so will be dinner topped with beef and broccoli in a
> thickened sauce.

I'm going with frozen meatballs cooked in the toaster oven and will
cook some spaghetti and heat up the last half of a jar of Newman's
Own sauce. Garlic Texas toast will accompany my quick dinner.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, August 6, 2018 at 8:50:24 AM UTC-10, wrote:
> On Monday, August 6, 2018 at 1:47:10 PM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:
> >
> > I was going to cook a pork butt on the stove yesterday but thought "what the heck, I'll just stick it in the rice cooker." I crammed 2 lbs of pork in my little cooker with some onions and a little water and flipped the switch. That was about 19 hours ago. Hee hee.
> >

> How did it turn out??
>
> I've got a nice Weber grill but I'm toying with buying an electric
> smoker. Still on the fence, though.

I'll let you know. I'm in bed and haven't gotten up yet. That's not good and I'm not a good person. To tell you the truth, I'm a little afraid to take a look. Sooner or later, I'll have to through...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:

> On Monday, August 6, 2018 at 8:50:24 AM UTC-10, wrote:
> > On Monday, August 6, 2018 at 1:47:10 PM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:
> > >
> > > I was going to cook a pork butt on the stove yesterday but thought "what the heck, I'll just stick it in the rice cooker." I crammed 2 lbs of pork in my little cooker with some onions and a little water and flipped the switch. That was about 19 hours ago. Hee hee.
> > >

> > How did it turn out??
> >
> > I've got a nice Weber grill but I'm toying with buying an electric
> > smoker. Still on the fence, though.

> I'll let you know. I'm in bed and haven't gotten up yet. That's not good and I'm not a good person. To tell you the truth, I'm a little afraid to take a look. Sooner or later, I'll have to through...

I'll bet that tastes quite right!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, August 6, 2018 at 2:37:43 PM UTC-4, Gary wrote:
> I just turned off the stove burner - made 3 cups of rice.
> One cup or so will be dinner topped with beef and broccoli in a
> thickened sauce.

For us, it'll be grilled skinless, boneless chicken breast,
probably served on top of a Caesar-ish salad.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:
>Gary wrote:
>> I just turned off the stove burner - made 3 cups of rice.
>> One cup or so will be dinner topped with beef and broccoli in a
>> thickened sauce.

>I was going to cook a pork butt on the stove yesterday but thought "what the heck, I'll just stick it in the rice cooker." I crammed 2 lbs of pork in my little cooker with some onions and a little water and flipped the switch. That was about 19 hours ago. Hee hee.

You'd have achieved the same results taking a healthy dump.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

itsjoannotjoann wrote:

>I've got a nice Weber grill but I'm toying with buying an electric
>smoker. Still on the fence, though.

A Weber grill can be used as a smoker.
https://consumer-care.weber.com/hc/e...s-on-my-grill-
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, August 6, 2018 at 3:47:45 PM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:

> itsjoannotjoann wrote:
> >
> >I've got a nice Weber grill but I'm toying with buying an electric
> >smoker. Still on the fence, though.

> A Weber grill can be used as a smoker.
> https://consumer-care.weber.com/hc/e...s-on-my-grill-

I've used my 22 inch Weber several times to smoke pork butts. After a
2 hour smoke they are then finished in the oven at 300° for 3 hours. But
smoking in an upright smoker I think I'd like to try, but then maybe not.
The upright smoker would be an 8 to 10 hour completely outside job.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, August 6, 2018 at 9:00:11 AM UTC-10, Gary wrote:

> I'll bet that tastes quite right!

It was cooking for 26 hours. The pork was quite sweet because the onions that were in there had completely caramelized. Fork tender? You bet! You can't mess up a pork butt. Or can you?

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...bub8nAIuuObrjp
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, August 6, 2018 at 10:40:53 AM UTC-10, Sheldon wrote:

> You'd have achieved the same results taking a healthy dump.

Your idea of cooking stinks - literally!

It's a poof of concept. The idea being that you don't need a stove or an oven to cook a pork butt. I can cook a lot of stuff with just a $14 rice cooker. I'm simply amazing.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 6 Aug 2018 21:50:31 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
wrote:

>On Monday, August 6, 2018 at 9:00:11 AM UTC-10, Gary wrote:
>>
>> I'll bet that tastes quite right!

>It was cooking for 26 hours. The pork was quite sweet because the onions that were in there had completely caramelized. Fork tender? You bet! You can't mess up a pork butt. Or can you?
>
>https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...bub8nAIuuObrjp

Why is about 1/3 of that plate devoid of any food, couldn't you center
it?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, August 7, 2018 at 6:11:11 AM UTC-10, Sheldon wrote:

> Why is about 1/3 of that plate devoid of any food, couldn't you center
> it?

As a matter of fact, I'm not going to center everything. I like to eat my food asymmetrically. I ate less than half of that plate so a smaller plate might have been better. Too bad, that's just what I grabbed.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/6/2018 7:37 PM, wrote:
> On Monday, August 6, 2018 at 3:47:45 PM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:
>>
>> itsjoannotjoann wrote:
>>>
>>> I've got a nice Weber grill but I'm toying with buying an electric
>>> smoker. Still on the fence, though.

>> A Weber grill can be used as a smoker.

https://consumer-care.weber.com/hc/e...s-on-my-grill-

> I've used my 22 inch Weber several times to smoke pork butts. After a
> 2 hour smoke they are then finished in the oven at 300° for 3 hours. But
> smoking in an upright smoker I think I'd like to try, but then maybe not.
> The upright smoker would be an 8 to 10 hour completely outside job.

I bought one of those upright smokers for my middle brother back in the
1980's. He decided it would be a great idea to smoke the Thanksgiving
turkey. (He also thought it was a great idea to go out partying with
his friends until 3AM.) He dragged himself out of bed around 6AM to get
it started. I forget what type of wood chips he used in the water pan.
Well, it was so freaking cold outside the coals wouldn't stay lit.

He thought he'd be able to just let the smoker do its thing and he could
catch some zzzz's. It didn't work out that way. LOL

I'm already not a fan of turkey (although if forced I'll take some meat
from the drumstick). That smoked turkey tasted awful. No good using
the meat for leftovers like turkey tetrazzini or turkey pot pie, either.
Live and learn!

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, August 9, 2018 at 9:43:16 AM UTC-5, Jill McQuown wrote:

> I bought one of those upright smokers for my middle brother back in the
> 1980's. He decided it would be a great idea to smoke the Thanksgiving
> turkey. (He also thought it was a great idea to go out partying with
> his friends until 3AM.) He dragged himself out of bed around 6AM to get
> it started. I forget what type of wood chips he used in the water pan.
> Well, it was so freaking cold outside the coals wouldn't stay lit.
>
> He thought he'd be able to just let the smoker do its thing and he could
> catch some zzzz's. It didn't work out that way. LOL
>
> I'm already not a fan of turkey (although if forced I'll take some meat
> from the drumstick). That smoked turkey tasted awful. No good using
> the meat for leftovers like turkey tetrazzini or turkey pot pie, either.
> Live and learn!
>
> Jill

The more I read online reviews the more I think I'll just stick with the
charcoal Weber grill and do my smoking on it. So many just average reviews
and manufacturers not standing about their smokers when they die after 5 uses.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/9/2018 4:16 PM, wrote:
> On Thursday, August 9, 2018 at 9:43:16 AM UTC-5, Jill McQuown wrote:
>>
>> I bought one of those upright smokers for my middle brother back in the
>> 1980's. He decided it would be a great idea to smoke the Thanksgiving
>> turkey. (He also thought it was a great idea to go out partying with
>> his friends until 3AM.) He dragged himself out of bed around 6AM to get
>> it started. I forget what type of wood chips he used in the water pan.
>> Well, it was so freaking cold outside the coals wouldn't stay lit.
>>
>> He thought he'd be able to just let the smoker do its thing and he could
>> catch some zzzz's. It didn't work out that way. LOL
>>
>> I'm already not a fan of turkey (although if forced I'll take some meat
>> from the drumstick). That smoked turkey tasted awful. No good using
>> the meat for leftovers like turkey tetrazzini or turkey pot pie, either.
>> Live and learn!
>>
>> Jill
>>

> The more I read online reviews the more I think I'll just stick with the
> charcoal Weber grill and do my smoking on it. So many just average reviews
> and manufacturers not standing about their smokers when they die after 5 uses.

I don't know that this one died, it was more a matter of bad timing and
outdoor temperature. I think it was a Brinkman, I'm not sure.

I'm not all that interested in smoked food. I do know this was a
failure. And yes, I can smoke food on my charcoal Weber kettle if I
want to... I just don't want to.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 9 Aug 2018 13:16:04 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Thursday, August 9, 2018 at 9:43:16 AM UTC-5, Jill McQuown wrote:
>>
>> I bought one of those upright smokers for my middle brother back in the
>> 1980's. He decided it would be a great idea to smoke the Thanksgiving
>> turkey. (He also thought it was a great idea to go out partying with
>> his friends until 3AM.) He dragged himself out of bed around 6AM to get
>> it started. I forget what type of wood chips he used in the water pan.
>> Well, it was so freaking cold outside the coals wouldn't stay lit.
>>
>> He thought he'd be able to just let the smoker do its thing and he could
>> catch some zzzz's. It didn't work out that way. LOL
>>
>> I'm already not a fan of turkey (although if forced I'll take some meat
>> from the drumstick). That smoked turkey tasted awful. No good using
>> the meat for leftovers like turkey tetrazzini or turkey pot pie, either.
>> Live and learn!
>>
>> Jill
>>

>The more I read online reviews the more I think I'll just stick with the
>charcoal Weber grill and do my smoking on it. So many just average reviews
>and manufacturers not standing about their smokers when they die after 5 uses.

That hasn't been my experience. I've had the propane fired upright
smoker for 4 or 5 years and replaced it with an electric one so that I
could have a smoker that was basically self-tending right outside my
back door.
Get a smoker from either QVC or Costco. I got mine from QVC when they
start selling for Christmas (along about Sept. or so) and the deal is
that you can return anything, even if used, until January 30. (They
had it for 6 payments, I got the smoker right away, and free shipping
and handling) Costco basically takes anything back anytime. Both
places sell competitively priced smokers. I'm talking about
Masterbuilt brand smokers. I've had my electric smoker for 4+ years
I take online reviews with a grain of salt. Some people really
shouldn't be allowed around equipment of any kind and others post
reviews just because they like to damage names and reps.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, August 9, 2018 at 5:51:49 PM UTC-5, U.S. Janet B. wrote:

> Get a smoker from either QVC or Costco. I got mine from QVC when they
> start selling for Christmas (along about Sept. or so) and the deal is
> that you can return anything, even if used, until January 30. (They
> had it for 6 payments, I got the smoker right away, and free shipping
> and handling) Costco basically takes anything back anytime. Both
> places sell competitively priced smokers. I'm talking about
> Masterbuilt brand smokers. I've had my electric smoker for 4+ years
> I take online reviews with a grain of salt. Some people really
> shouldn't be allowed around equipment of any kind and others post
> reviews just because they like to damage names and reps.
> Janet US

I'll look again. I was reading reviews on Home Depot of Masterbuilt
electric smokers and also the Bradley's that use the pucks. My brother
and sister-in-law have a Costco membership so I may tag along with them
sometime when they shop there to see what they have.

One of my e-mail buddies got a smoker for her husband from QVC a good
5 or 6 years ago and it's still going strong.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, August 6, 2018 at 8:37:43 AM UTC-10, Gary wrote:
> I just turned off the stove burner - made 3 cups of rice.
> One cup or so will be dinner topped with beef and broccoli in a
> thickened sauce.

Osso buco - made it last night, ate it tonight. Tasty!

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...cfFnH5OTUWaEPf
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 10 Aug 2018 01:32:01 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
wrote:

>On Monday, August 6, 2018 at 8:37:43 AM UTC-10, Gary wrote:
>> I just turned off the stove burner - made 3 cups of rice.
>> One cup or so will be dinner topped with beef and broccoli in a
>> thickened sauce.

>Osso buco - made it last night, ate it tonight. Tasty!
>
>https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...cfFnH5OTUWaEPf

I didn't think Hawaiians ate European food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>On Monday, August 6, 2018 at 9:00:11 AM UTC-10, Gary wrote:
>>
>> I'll bet that tastes quite right!

>It was cooking for 26 hours. The pork was quite sweet because the onions that were in there had completely caramelized. Fork tender? You bet! You can't mess up a pork butt. Or can you?
>
>https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...bub8nAIuuObrjp

That looks awful.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 10 Aug 2018 18:39:56 +1000, Druce >
wrote:

>On Fri, 10 Aug 2018 01:32:01 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
>wrote:
>
>>On Monday, August 6, 2018 at 8:37:43 AM UTC-10, Gary wrote:
>>> I just turned off the stove burner - made 3 cups of rice.
>>> One cup or so will be dinner topped with beef and broccoli in a
>>> thickened sauce.

>>Osso buco - made it last night, ate it tonight. Tasty!
>>
>>https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...cfFnH5OTUWaEPf

What's that heap of green. I can only guess mussed asparagus... and is
that rice or pasta?

>I didn't think Hawaiians ate European food.

Hawaiians ate Europeans.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Monday, August 6, 2018 at 8:37:43 AM UTC-10, Gary wrote:
> I just turned off the stove burner - made 3 cups of rice.
> One cup or so will be dinner topped with beef and broccoli in a
> thickened sauce.

Osso buco - made it last night, ate it tonight. Tasty!

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...cfFnH5OTUWaEPf

==

Yummmm

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>On Monday, August 6, 2018 at 8:37:43 AM UTC-10, Gary wrote:
>> I just turned off the stove burner - made 3 cups of rice.
>> One cup or so will be dinner topped with beef and broccoli in a
>> thickened sauce.

>Osso buco - made it last night, ate it tonight. Tasty!
>
>https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...cfFnH5OTUWaEPf

Was that during the operation or after?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, August 10, 2018 at 2:52:45 AM UTC-10, Sheldon wrote:

> Hawaiians ate Europeans.

That's totally false! Hawaiians never ate people! Okay, maybe once in a while but only if the guy had powerful mana. I mean, you just going to let all that magic meat rot? That's just nuts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7da0LxBwqU4
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, August 10, 2018 at 4:49:29 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

> ==
>
> Yummmm

The bones were little sissy bones. There was not much in the way of marrow. That's the breaks.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Friday, August 10, 2018 at 4:49:29 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

> ==
>
> Yummmm

The bones were little sissy bones. There was not much in the way of marrow.
That's the breaks.

==

It looks good and if you say it tastes good ... that is good enough)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, August 11, 2018 at 3:10:46 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

> ==
>
> It looks good and if you say it tastes good ... that is good enough)

Back in the old days, the cut for osso buco was typically a veal shank with a large diameter, marrow rich hole. What made the dish special is that you'd eat the marrow. These days, that doesn't seem to be the case. People eat the dish for the meat and the bones are smaller. My guess is that marrow eating is more popular in Europe.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Saturday, August 11, 2018 at 3:10:46 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

> ==
>
> It looks good and if you say it tastes good ... that is good enough)

Back in the old days, the cut for osso buco was typically a veal shank with
a large diameter, marrow rich hole. What made the dish special is that you'd
eat the marrow. These days, that doesn't seem to be the case. People eat the
dish for the meat and the bones are smaller. My guess is that marrow eating
is more popular in Europe.

==

I can remember doing that as a child, but not since.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>On Monday, August 6, 2018 at 9:00:11 AM UTC-10, Gary wrote:
>>
>> I'll bet that tastes quite right!

>It was cooking for 26 hours. The pork was quite sweet because the onions that were in there had completely caramelized. Fork tender? You bet! You can't mess up a pork butt. Or can you?
>
>https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...bub8nAIuuObrjp

This proves that even Asians don't always eat well.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, September 24, 2019 at 8:06:08 AM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:
> On Mon, 6 Aug 2018 21:50:31 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
> wrote:
>
> >On Monday, August 6, 2018 at 9:00:11 AM UTC-10, Gary wrote:
> >>
> >> I'll bet that tastes quite right!

> >It was cooking for 26 hours. The pork was quite sweet because the onions that were in there had completely caramelized. Fork tender? You bet! You can't mess up a pork butt. Or can you?
> >
> >https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...bub8nAIuuObrjp

> This proves that even Asians don't always eat well.

You don't like bland, white people, food? What the hell!???
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 24 Sep 2019 13:58:46 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, September 24, 2019 at 8:06:08 AM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:
>> On Mon, 6 Aug 2018 21:50:31 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
>> wrote:

>> >It was cooking for 26 hours. The pork was quite sweet because the onions that were in there had completely caramelized. Fork tender? You bet! You can't mess up a pork butt. Or can you?
>> >
>> >https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...bub8nAIuuObrjp

>> This proves that even Asians don't always eat well.

>You don't like bland, white people, food? What the hell!???

I call it Anglo food, but I could also call it Dutcho food. From the
old days, that is. Things have improved a lot.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, August 12, 2018 at 4:41:36 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Saturday, August 11, 2018 at 3:10:46 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> >
> > ==
> >
> > It looks good and if you say it tastes good ... that is good enough)

> Back in the old days, the cut for osso buco was typically a veal shank with
> a large diameter, marrow rich hole. What made the dish special is that you'd
> eat the marrow. These days, that doesn't seem to be the case. People eat the
> dish for the meat and the bones are smaller. My guess is that marrow eating
> is more popular in Europe.
>
> ==
>
> I can remember doing that as a child, but not since.

Eating marrow is something that I never did as a child. Back in those days, we pretty much stuck with local dishes. I read about osso buco as a kid. It only took me 50 years to get around to making it. The closest we got back then to Italian food was canned spaghetti. We're a lot more sophisticated these days.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bruce" wrote in message ...

On Tue, 24 Sep 2019 13:58:46 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, September 24, 2019 at 8:06:08 AM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:
>> On Mon, 6 Aug 2018 21:50:31 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
>> wrote:

>> >It was cooking for 26 hours. The pork was quite sweet because the onions
>> >that were in there had completely caramelized. Fork tender? You bet! You
>> >can't mess up a pork butt. Or can you?
>> >
>> >https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...bub8nAIuuObrjp

>> This proves that even Asians don't always eat well.

>You don't like bland, white people, food? What the hell!???

I call it Anglo food, but I could also call it Dutcho food. From the
old days, that is. Things have improved a lot.

====

Oh boy! You can say that again lol

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Sunday, August 12, 2018 at 4:41:36 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Saturday, August 11, 2018 at 3:10:46 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> >
> > ==
> >
> > It looks good and if you say it tastes good ... that is good enough)

> Back in the old days, the cut for osso buco was typically a veal shank
> with
> a large diameter, marrow rich hole. What made the dish special is that
> you'd
> eat the marrow. These days, that doesn't seem to be the case. People eat
> the
> dish for the meat and the bones are smaller. My guess is that marrow
> eating
> is more popular in Europe.
>
> ==
>
> I can remember doing that as a child, but not since.

Eating marrow is something that I never did as a child. Back in those days,
we pretty much stuck with local dishes. I read about osso buco as a kid. It
only took me 50 years to get around to making it. The closest we got back
then to Italian food was canned spaghetti. We're a lot more sophisticated
these days.

====

Hey it was the same for us when I was a child. My first taste of
Italian food was when we moved to Malta. An Italian friend took me to an
Italian restaurant. I was in heaven))

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 25 Sep 2019 10:55:00 +0100, "Ophelia"
> wrote:

>"Bruce" wrote in message ...
>
>On Tue, 24 Sep 2019 13:58:46 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
> wrote:
>
>>On Tuesday, September 24, 2019 at 8:06:08 AM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:

>>> This proves that even Asians don't always eat well.

>>You don't like bland, white people, food? What the hell!???

>I call it Anglo food, but I could also call it Dutcho food. From the
>old days, that is. Things have improved a lot.
>
>====
>
> Oh boy! You can say that again lol

I remember when olive oil was considered a suspicious mediterranean
ingredient that you'd better avoid unless you liked spending a lot of
time in the toilet.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bruce" wrote in message ...

On Wed, 25 Sep 2019 10:55:00 +0100, "Ophelia"
> wrote:

>"Bruce" wrote in message
.. .

>On Tue, 24 Sep 2019 13:58:46 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
> wrote:
>
>>On Tuesday, September 24, 2019 at 8:06:08 AM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:

>>> This proves that even Asians don't always eat well.

>>You don't like bland, white people, food? What the hell!???

>I call it Anglo food, but I could also call it Dutcho food. From the
>old days, that is. Things have improved a lot.
>
>====
>
> Oh boy! You can say that again lol

I remember when olive oil was considered a suspicious mediterranean
ingredient that you'd better avoid unless you liked spending a lot of
time in the toilet.

====

OH yes!! <g> Yours too eh?)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 25 Sep 2019 11:17:59 +0100, "Ophelia"
> wrote:
>
>====
>
> Hey it was the same for us when I was a child. My first taste of
>Italian food was when we moved to Malta. An Italian friend took me to an
>Italian restaurant. I was in heaven))

But, but italian food is spicey... especially in Malta where they eat
a lot of scungilli and spaghetti with peppery marinara served over
friselle:
http://carlydefilippo.com/blog/2011/...epper-biscuits

Dinner last night/ dinner tonight U.S. Janet B. General Cooking 17 02-03-2018 02:19 PM
Dinner tonight z z General Cooking 7 26-05-2013 07:18 PM
Dinner tonight serene General Cooking 9 02-05-2006 05:19 PM
dinner tonight Mr Libido Incognito General Cooking 2 15-04-2006 03:51 AM