Old 10-08-2018, 03:44 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Trick for keeping food fresh....

On Thu, 9 Aug 2018 10:24:39 -0400, jmcquown
wrote:

On 8/9/2018 1:18 AM, Cheri wrote:
"U.S. Janet B." wrote in message
On Wed, 8 Aug 2018 16:41:31 -0400, jmcquown
wrote:

On 8/7/2018 3:42 PM, Gary wrote:
Dave Smith wrote:

My son is on the way over with some stale bread to make...

LOL! How yum does that sound?*

Convenient snipping, Gary.* "Day old" (aka stale) bread is perfect for
French Toast because it is soaked in egg before it's cooked.

Jill

also used for bread pudding and croutons

I made bread pudding today out of stale bread. It was so good.

Cheri

I've never had bread pudding. Could you post a recipe?

Jill

I've never had bread pudding either, just the savory breakfast
casserole kind. But then I'm not really much for sweets.

Old 10-08-2018, 11:49 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

Cheri wrote:

wrote in message
On Thu, 9 Aug 2018 22:33:48 -0000 (UTC), Wayne Boatwright
wrote:

On Thu 09 Aug 2018 10:11:51a, Janet told us...

In article ,
says...

wrote:

On 8/7/2018 3:42 PM, Gary wrote:
Dave Smith wrote:

My son is on the way over with some stale bread to make...

LOL! How yum does that sound?

Convenient snipping, Gary. "Day old" (aka stale) bread is
perfect for French Toast because it is soaked in egg before
it's cooked.

Jill

also used for bread pudding and croutons

Heck, I was glad to hear that he was bringing stale baguette with
the intention of making French toast. FWIW, he also picked up
some fresh strawberries, blueberries and peaches. I suppose Gary
would have preferred that he stopped at McDonald for some of
their wonderful food.

Gary would have painted it to look like a ferret.

Janet UK

Marilyn's mom was built like the proverbial brick shit house, I don't
think they made an OTC bra that fit her. Marilyn had very generous
boobs but not even close to her mom's G cups. Davida had barely B
cups but she had other talents, oral if yoose get my drift.
I'm sure no one believes but the truth was more lacivious than yoose
can imagine.

You sound like a dirty old man...oh wait.

Oh, come on now, don't go getting all prudish on us...nothing wrong with a little healthy interest in matters sexual...

;-D

--
Best
Greg

wrote:

On 8/7/2018 3:42 PM, Gary wrote:
Dave Smith wrote:

[...]

I am not a prude, far frome it, but often Sheldon is just plain crude and
disgusting with his fantasies, especially when he starts the vile name
calling, which I snipped.

Cheri

Old 10-08-2018, 03:31 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

on 8/10/2018, Wayne Boatwright supposed :
On Thu 09 Aug 2018 08:41:27a, Cheri told us...

"jmcquown" wrote in message
wrote:

On 8/7/2018 3:42 PM, Gary wrote:
Dave Smith wrote:

My son is on the way over with some stale bread to make...

LOL! How yum does that sound?

Convenient snipping, Gary. "Day old" (aka stale) bread is
perfect for French Toast because it is soaked in egg before
it's cooked.

Jill

also used for bread pudding and croutons

I made bread pudding today out of stale bread. It was so good.

Cheri

I've never had bread pudding. Could you post a recipe?

Jill

This is the one I use most often, but you can be creative and add
different things. I usually only make 2 of the larger custard cups
at a time unless I have more older bread to use up and cook them
while something else is cooking in the oven.

2-3 slices of old bread, your choice buttered
1 cup milk, I prefer canned milk
1/4-1/2 cup sugar (to desired sweetness)
1 large egg
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
a bit of nutmeg
can add raisins, nuts, candied ginger, chocolate chips etc. if
desired

Cut buttered bread into cubes. butter two custard cups and divide
bread evenly between them. Add raisins, nuts, etc. if wanted. Beat
eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla, nutmeg together, pour equal amounts
over bread cubes and let sit for a couple of minutes, make sure
all the bread is covered. Bake at 350 for 30 or so minutes or
until a toothpick in the middle comes out clean. Can serve warm or
cold.

Cheri

Also good with a boiled custard sauce.

Is that anything like a *** infested puss bubble?

Old 10-08-2018, 05:56 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

On 8/7/2018 3:42 PM, Gary wrote:
Dave Smith wrote:

[...]

I can't understand why he's not plonked, especially the women on this group.
Old 10-08-2018, 06:10 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-08-10 8:13 AM, Cheri wrote:
"GM" wrote in message
Cheri* wrote:

wrote in message

Marilyn's mom was built like the proverbial brick shit house, I don't
think they made an OTC bra that fit her.* Marilyn had very generous
boobs but not even close to her mom's G cups.* Davida had barely B
cups but she had other talents, oral if yoose get my drift.
I'm sure no one believes but the truth was more lacivious than yoose
can imagine.

You sound like a dirty old man...oh wait.

Oh, come on now, don't go getting all prudish on us...nothing wrong
with a little healthy interest in matters sexual...

;-D

I am not a prude, far frome it, but often Sheldon is just plain crude
and disgusting with his fantasies, especially when he starts the vile
name calling, which I snipped.

Cheri

I can't understand why he's not plonked, especially the women on this group.

They must like it when he talks dirty. Say one critical thing or make
fun of them once and you're killfiled. But talk dirty for years and
years and they all can't wait to read your next contribution That's
RFC women for ya!
Old 10-08-2018, 06:20 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

On 8/7/2018 3:42 PM, Gary wrote:
Dave Smith wrote:

[...]

I plonked Greg Morrow years (and a couple of computers) ago. Like a bad
penny, he keeps showing up, forging posts and doing his best to jump out
of filters. My filters do keep him out but yes, I'm guilty of replying
when others respond. Mea culpa.

Jill

wrote:

On 8/7/2018 3:42 PM, Gary wrote:
Dave Smith wrote:

My son is on the way over with some stale bread to make...

LOL! How yum does that sound?

Convenient snipping, Gary. "Day old" (aka stale) bread is
perfect for French Toast because it is soaked in egg before
it's cooked.

Jill

also used for bread pudding and croutons

Heck, I was glad to hear that he was bringing stale baguette with
the intention of making French toast. FWIW, he also picked up
some fresh strawberries, blueberries and peaches. I suppose Gary
would have preferred that he stopped at McDonald for some of
their wonderful food.

Gary would have painted it to look like a ferret.

Janet UK

A pinko faggot ferret snadwich, Gary needs to name his next faggot
ferret Davida. In High School I had a girlfriend, Marilyn. Her best
friend was Davida. We usta babysit Marilyn's older
sister's two year old. Marilyn, Davida, and I usta engage in
threesomes... I was 16, they were 15. We had some very hot evenings.
The best part was that Marilyn's mother's husband passed away so she,
Marilyn and I would have threesomes too, her mom made sure I didn't
impregnate Marilyn.
Marilyn's mom was built like the proverbial brick shit house, I don't
think they made an OTC bra that fit her. Marilyn had very generous
boobs but not even close to her mom's G cups. Davida had barely B
cups but she had other talents, oral if yoose get my drift.
I'm sure no one believes but the truth was more lacivious than yoose
can imagine.

Good for yoose Popeye.

But now, yoose never see any G cups, only yoose wife's tiny C cups.

Dems da breaks, tiny sailor man.

wrote:

On 8/7/2018 3:42 PM, Gary wrote:
Dave Smith wrote:

[...]

"Often" ?

You should have said always.

Old 10-08-2018, 08:19 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

On 8/7/2018 3:42 PM, Gary wrote:
Dave Smith wrote:

[...]

==

When anyone starts on that nonsense I close it. I am simply not interested
in such fantasies.

Old 10-08-2018, 08:41 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Bread pudding (WAS: Trick for keeping food fresh....)

On 8/10/2018 3:26 PM, wrote:
On Fri, 10 Aug 2018 13:23:15 -0400, jmcquown
wrote:

On 8/9/2018 6:20 PM,
wrote:
On Thu, 9 Aug 2018 17:19:11 -0400, Dave Smith

On 2018-08-09 3:30 PM, jmcquown wrote:
On 8/9/2018 3:22 PM, Cheri wrote:

I consider canned milk to be evaporated milk like Pet, Carnation etc.
not sweetened condensed milk.

Cheri

Thank you, that's what I thought.* I've never bought sweetened condensed
milk.* I did think you meant Carnation evaporated or Pet, just wanted to
clarify.

I've saved this recipe.* I think I'll try it without any raisins or
enhancements first, then go from there.* Thanks again.

I can't imagine it without some raisins or other dried fruit. Whatever
you do, it can be enhanced with a good sauce.

Can't imagine it without raisins, soaked overnight in rum, really
makes the dish.

Since I've never tried bread pudding, I see no reason to embellish the
basic recipe the first time around. I do that with a lot of things I
cook. Try it first as written, then add or change it a bit the next
time around if I like the basic dish.

I didn't grow up eating bread pudding. Or any sort of pudding, come to
think of it.

Jill

Without something like the raisins, I would find it too bland, they
are in there for a reason.

Point taken. I'll buy some raisins.

Jill
Old 10-08-2018, 08:42 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" wrote in message
wrote:
On 8/7/2018 3:42 PM, Gary wrote:
Dave Smith wrote:

[...]

STOP FORGING POSTS YOU IGNORANT ASSWIPE!

Jill