Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Flax4Life

I have been buying their blueberry muffins and chocolate brownies for my
gardener. He really seems to like them. I try to get them while on sale but
making my own would be cheaper I'm sure.

I have looked online and all of the recipes I seem to see have flour (gluten
or otherwise) and/or oats in them. He is okay with oats (sand I see that
the originals do contain oats) but would prefer less processed things and
tries not to eat much of any kind of grain based flour. I suppose a brown
rice flour might work or coconut flour, but I would like to stick as closely
as I can to their recipe.

Does anyone have such a recipe?

Here is their website:

https://flax4life.net/

They are cheaper per item online but I'll bet shipping is a killer!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:
> On Sun, 15 Jul 2018 19:05:06 -0700, Julie Bove wrote:
>
>> <snip>

> Yet another "How to please my gardener" post.
>
> The real reason for the divorce is pretty obvious.
>
> -sw

Heh, her gardener might be just like ole Popeye.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 15 Jul 2018 19:05:06 -0700, Julie Bove wrote:
>
>> <snip>

> Yet another "How to please my gardener" post.
>
> The real reason for the divorce is pretty obvious.

Hahaha!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, says...

> "Janet" > wrote in message
> t...
> > In article >,
says...

> >> I have been buying their blueberry muffins and chocolate brownies for my
> >> gardener. He really seems to like them. I try to get them while on sale
> >> but
> >> making my own would be cheaper I'm sure.
> >>
> >> I have looked online and all of the recipes I seem to see have flour
> >> (gluten
> >> or otherwise) and/or oats in them. He is okay with oats (sand I see that
> >> the originals do contain oats) but would prefer less processed things and
> >> tries not to eat much of any kind of grain based flour. I suppose a brown
> >> rice flour might work or coconut flour, but I would like to stick as
> >> closely
> >> as I can to their recipe.
> >>
> >> Does anyone have such a recipe?
> >>
> >> Here is their website:

https://flax4life.net/

> >> They are cheaper per item online but I'll bet shipping is a killer!

> > I make gluten-free choc cake with almond flour.
> >
> > https://healthyrecipesblogs.com/2016...our-chocolate-
> > cake/

> Thanks, but he doesn't eat cake.

what the **** does he think chocolate muffins and brownies are ?

Even as I posted that recipe I knew you'd find some way to reject it.

Just use the cake recipe in muffin cases, or bake it in a brownie tin
and cut it into squares.

Will you be needing a geometry lesson to help with that?

Janet UK
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/17/2018 8:27 AM, Janet wrote:
> In article >, says...
>>
>> "Janet" > wrote in message
>> t...
>>> In article >,
says...

https://flax4life.net/

>>> I make gluten-free choc cake with almond flour.
>>>
>>> https://healthyrecipesblogs.com/2016...our-chocolate-
>>> cake/

>> Thanks, but he doesn't eat cake.

> what the **** does he think chocolate muffins and brownies are ?

They were blueberry muffins, but yes, chocolate brownies. You suggested
almond flour. She declares they aren't cake. Muffins and brownies are
forms of cake. DUH.

> Even as I posted that recipe I knew you'd find some way to reject it.

As usual. She asks, rejects.

> Just use the cake recipe in muffin cases, or bake it in a brownie tin
> and cut it into squares.
>
> Will you be needing a geometry lesson to help with that?
>
> Janet UK

Of course. It's difficult to cut squares to suit the gardener's taste.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Janet wrote:
> In article >, says...
>>
>> "Janet" > wrote in message
>> t...
>>> In article >,
says...

https://flax4life.net/

>>> I make gluten-free choc cake with almond flour.
>>>
>>> https://healthyrecipesblogs.com/2016...our-chocolate-
>>> cake/

>> Thanks, but he doesn't eat cake.

> what the **** does he think chocolate muffins and brownies are ?
>
> Even as I posted that recipe I knew you'd find some way to reject it.
>
> Just use the cake recipe in muffin cases, or bake it in a brownie tin
> and cut it into squares.
>
> Will you be needing a geometry lesson to help with that?
>
> Janet UK

Hahaha. She suckered you into trying to help her. Then the sprang the
trap on you!

"he doesn't eat cake."
Nyuk, Nyuk, Nyuk.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 17 Jul 2018 13:27:29 +0100, Janet wrote:
>
>> In article >, says...
>>>
>>> "Janet" > wrote in message
>>> t...
says...

https://flax4life.net/

>>> Thanks, but he doesn't eat cake.

>> what the **** does he think chocolate muffins and brownies are ?
>>
>> Even as I posted that recipe I knew you'd find some way to reject it.

> I wondered why you did that. Last time, right?
>
> Get ready for more excuses. She's great at making excuses for
> herself, now she's practicing making excuses for others too.
>
> I kinda wonder if this "gardener" actually exists or whether her
> mind fabricated him as a fictional replacement for the husband and
> daughter who moved out of the house practically simultaneously.
> Suddenly having nothing to fret about must have been a traumatic
> shock to her mental state.

I asked for something specific. Muffins and brownies made with flax. There
is a reason for the flax. I didn't ask for a gluten free cake recipe. I full
well know how to make all sorts of gluten free things including cake.

Yes, muffins and brownies *can* be like cake. But these are not.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
15.223...
> On Tue 17 Jul 2018 05:27:29a, Janet told us...
>
>> In article >,
>> says...
>>>
>>> "Janet" > wrote in message
>>> t...

https://flax4life.net/

>>> Thanks, but he doesn't eat cake.

>> what the **** does he think chocolate muffins and brownies are ?
>>
>> Even as I posted that recipe I knew you'd find some way to
>> reject it.
>>
>> Just use the cake recipe in muffin cases, or bake it in a brownie
>> tin
>> and cut it into squares.
>>
>> Will you be needing a geometry lesson to help with that?
>>
>> Janet UK
>>

> I rather imagne she would. Possibly a ruler as well.

I asked for a recipe using flax. That recipe does not contain flax and is
not anything like what I am looking for.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 7/17/2018 8:27 AM, Janet wrote:
>> In article >, says...
>>>
>>> "Janet" > wrote in message
>>> t...
says...

https://flax4life.net/

>>> Thanks, but he doesn't eat cake.

>> what the **** does he think chocolate muffins and brownies are ?
>>

> They were blueberry muffins, but yes, chocolate brownies. You suggested
> almond flour. She declares they aren't cake. Muffins and brownies are
> forms of cake. DUH.
>
>> Even as I posted that recipe I knew you'd find some way to reject it.
>>

> As usual. She asks, rejects.
>
>> Just use the cake recipe in muffin cases, or bake it in a brownie tin
>> and cut it into squares.
>>
>> Will you be needing a geometry lesson to help with that?
>>
>> Janet UK
>>

> Of course. It's difficult to cut squares to suit the gardener's taste.

Bottom line, I asked for a recipe that uses flax. That recipe does not use
flax and there is a reason for the flax.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Hank Rogers" > wrote in message
news
> Janet wrote:
>> In article >, says...
>>>
>>> "Janet" > wrote in message
>>> t...
says...

https://flax4life.net/

>>> Thanks, but he doesn't eat cake.

>> what the **** does he think chocolate muffins and brownies are ?
>>
>> Even as I posted that recipe I knew you'd find some way to reject it.
>>
>> Just use the cake recipe in muffin cases, or bake it in a brownie tin
>> and cut it into squares.
>>
>> Will you be needing a geometry lesson to help with that?
>>
>> Janet UK
>>

> Hahaha. She suckered you into trying to help her. Then the sprang the trap
> on you!
>
> "he doesn't eat cake."
> Nyuk, Nyuk, Nyuk.

Well, he doesn't! Did I ask for a cake recipe? No.

We try to eat healthy foods here. The foods that I asked about have a
healthy combination of Omegas. That cake does not. And again, I didn't ask
for a gluten free or a cake recipe. I asked about flax.

Now if anyone here has some sort of different recipe that uses mainly flax,
I will certainly consider it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 18 Jul 2018 15:22:05 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"jmcquown" > wrote in message
>> On 7/17/2018 8:27 AM, Janet wrote:
>>> In article >, says...

says...

https://flax4life.net/

>>> what the **** does he think chocolate muffins and brownies are ?
>>>

>> They were blueberry muffins, but yes, chocolate brownies. You suggested
>> almond flour. She declares they aren't cake. Muffins and brownies are
>> forms of cake. DUH.
>>
>>> Even as I posted that recipe I knew you'd find some way to reject it.
>>>

>> As usual. She asks, rejects.
>>
>>> Just use the cake recipe in muffin cases, or bake it in a brownie tin
>>> and cut it into squares.
>>>
>>> Will you be needing a geometry lesson to help with that?
>>>
>>> Janet UK
>>>

>> Of course. It's difficult to cut squares to suit the gardener's taste.

>Bottom line, I asked for a recipe that uses flax. That recipe does not use
>flax and there is a reason for the flax.

What is the reason for the flax?

Doris
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Doris Night" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 18 Jul 2018 15:22:05 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:

https://flax4life.net/

>>> They were blueberry muffins, but yes, chocolate brownies. You suggested
>>> almond flour. She declares they aren't cake. Muffins and brownies are
>>> forms of cake. DUH.

>>> As usual. She asks, rejects.

>>> Of course. It's difficult to cut squares to suit the gardener's taste.
>>>

>>Bottom line, I asked for a recipe that uses flax. That recipe does not use
>>flax and there is a reason for the flax.

> What is the reason for the flax?

Omegas and fiber.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, July 18, 2018 at 6:24:59 PM UTC-4, Julie Bove wrote:
> "Hank Rogers" > wrote in message
> news
> > Janet wrote:
> >> In article >, says...

says...

https://flax4life.net/

> >> what the **** does he think chocolate muffins and brownies are ?
> >>
> >> Even as I posted that recipe I knew you'd find some way to reject it.
> >>
> >> Just use the cake recipe in muffin cases, or bake it in a brownie tin
> >> and cut it into squares.
> >>
> >> Will you be needing a geometry lesson to help with that?
> >>
> >> Janet UK
> >>

> > Hahaha. She suckered you into trying to help her. Then the sprang the trap
> > on you!
> >
> > "he doesn't eat cake."
> > Nyuk, Nyuk, Nyuk.

> Well, he doesn't! Did I ask for a cake recipe? No.
>
> We try to eat healthy foods here. The foods that I asked about have a
> healthy combination of Omegas. That cake does not. And again, I didn't ask
> for a gluten free or a cake recipe. I asked about flax.
>
> Now if anyone here has some sort of different recipe that uses mainly flax,
> I will certainly consider it.

Apparently, nobody here cooks that way. Use a search engine.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:

> "Doris Night" > wrote in message
>> On Wed, 18 Jul 2018 15:22:05 -0700, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:

https://flax4life.net/

>>> Bottom line, I asked for a recipe that uses flax. That recipe does
>>> not use
>>> flax and there is a reason for the flax.

>> What is the reason for the flax?

> Omegas and fiber.

Just use fish oil and metamucil.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:

> "Hank Rogers" > wrote in message
> news
>> Janet wrote:
>>> In article >, says...

https://flax4life.net/

>>> what the **** does he think chocolate muffins and brownies are ?
>>>
>>> Even as I posted that recipe I knew you'd find some way to reject it.
>>>
>>> Just use the cake recipe in muffin cases, or bake it in a brownie tin
>>> and cut it into squares.
>>>
>>> Will you be needing a geometry lesson to help with that?
>>>
>>> Janet UK
>>>

>> Hahaha. She suckered you into trying to help her. Then the sprang the
>> trap on you!
>>
>> "he doesn't eat cake."
>> Nyuk, Nyuk, Nyuk.

> Well, he doesn't! Did I ask for a cake recipe? No.
>
> We try to eat healthy foods here. The foods that I asked about have a
> healthy combination of Omegas. That cake does not. And again, I didn't
> ask for a gluten free or a cake recipe. I asked about flax.
>
> Now if anyone here has some sort of different recipe that uses mainly
> flax, I will certainly consider it.

I bet you (or the gardener) will turn out to be allergic to flax. Better
have some skin tests done before you take the risk.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 19 Jul 2018 14:49:31 -0500, Hank Rogers >
wrote:

>Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> "Doris Night" > wrote in message
>>> On Wed, 18 Jul 2018 15:22:05 -0700, "Julie Bove"

https://flax4life.net/

>>> What is the reason for the flax?

>> Omegas and fiber.

>Just use fish oil and metamucil.

All that omega rot has just been debunked - yes fish is good for you,
taking fish oil pills, not the same thing. No surprises.