Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default sunday supper

Ribs, corn, baked spuds followed by fresh fruit salad, Devonshire
cream and meringues.

https://s33.postimg.cc/ehu0n9yun/IMG_2428.jpg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, July 15, 2018 at 6:27:30 PM UTC-5, wrote:

> Ribs, corn, baked spuds followed by fresh fruit salad, Devonshire
> cream and meringues.
>
> https://s33.postimg.cc/ehu0n9yun/IMG_2428.jpg

Mmmmmmmmm, I'll take the ribs and spuds and you can have the corn and
the rest.

It was part of a beast roast here, with mashed potatoes, and garlic
bread. I was going to fix green beans but I was so hungry I had to
forgo them tonight.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> Ribs, corn, baked spuds followed by fresh fruit salad, Devonshire
> cream and meringues.
>
> https://s33.postimg.cc/ehu0n9yun/IMG_2428.jpg

That looks very good.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 15 Jul 2018 17:20:44 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Sunday, July 15, 2018 at 6:27:30 PM UTC-5, wrote:
>>
>> Ribs, corn, baked spuds followed by fresh fruit salad, Devonshire
>> cream and meringues.
>>
>> https://s33.postimg.cc/ehu0n9yun/IMG_2428.jpg
>>

>Mmmmmmmmm, I'll take the ribs and spuds and you can have the corn and
>the rest.
>
>It was part of a beast roast here, with mashed potatoes, and garlic
>bread. I was going to fix green beans but I was so hungry I had to
>forgo them tonight.

My youngest grandson was here (he repotted my ceiling height plant and
it now looks great, it was quite an operation) with his SO, also his
mother and stepfather, so I was doing a big meal and couldn't skip
anything
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 16 Jul 2018 02:13:51 -0000 (UTC), Wayne Boatwright
> wrote:

>On Sun 15 Jul 2018 04:26:04p, told us...
>
>> Ribs, corn, baked spuds followed by fresh fruit salad, Devonshire
>> cream and meringues.
>>
>> https://s33.postimg.cc/ehu0n9yun/IMG_2428.jpg
>>

>We haven't eaten yet. Can we come over? So tasty looking.
>
>BTW. are upir dosjes "Blue Onion" pattern? We almost chose that for
>our every day dihes, but couldn't decode on that or Blue Willow. We
>ended up with Blue Willow, but I still like both.

Royal Worcester Hanbury - I chose it because I was heavy into crewel
work at the time and this is almost like crewel. Isn't Blue Willow
Spode?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

> Ribs, corn, baked spuds followed by fresh fruit salad, Devonshire
> cream and meringues.

https://s33.postimg.cc/ehu0n9yun/IMG_2428.jpg

Good job! That looked very tasty! :-D
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gary wrote:
>lucretiaborgia wrote:
>>
>> Ribs, corn, baked spuds followed by fresh fruit salad, Devonshire
>> cream and meringues.
>>
>> https://s33.postimg.cc/ehu0n9yun/IMG_2428.jpg

>Good job! That looked very tasty! :-D

Ribs look good but I'd have prefered corn or potatoes, not both. I
think corn goes better with ribs... and my yellow crooknecks are
coming in, very good grilled.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> Gary wrote:
>>lucretiaborgia wrote:
>>>
>>> Ribs, corn, baked spuds followed by fresh fruit salad, Devonshire
>>> cream and meringues.
>>>
>>> https://s33.postimg.cc/ehu0n9yun/IMG_2428.jpg

>>Good job! That looked very tasty! :-D

> Ribs look good but I'd have prefered corn or potatoes, not both. I
> think corn goes better with ribs... and my yellow crooknecks are
> coming in, very good grilled.

Why is there always a "but" with you? Her plate looks wonderful.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cheri wrote:

> > wrote in message
> > Gary wrote:

> >>Good job! That looked very tasty! :-D

> > Ribs look good but I'd have prefered corn or potatoes, not both. I
> > think corn goes better with ribs... and my yellow crooknecks are
> > coming in, very good grilled.

> Why is there always a "but" with you? Her plate looks wonderful.
>
> Cheri

I agree and like both veggies along with those ribs and sauce.
Don't forget a buttery roll or two and get some of the sauce on
the potatoes and corn too. yum

Her dessert plan sounds good too.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cheri wrote:
>penmart wrote:
>> Gary wrote:

>>>Good job! That looked very tasty! :-D

>> Ribs look good but I'd have prefered corn or potatoes, not both. I
>> think corn goes better with ribs... and my yellow crooknecks are
>> coming in, very good grilled.

>Why is there always a "but" with you? Her plate looks wonderful.
>
>Cheri

It's a very nice plate pattern BUT corn on the cob and baked potatoes
(two starchy veggies) don't belong on the same plate... and then
naturally they'll be deluged with butter too, and ribs are plenty
fatty enough on their own. That's not a balanced meal. In fact
that's not a meal worthy of that fine dinnerware... that's paper plate
picnic chow.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 16 Jul 2018 18:16:09 -0000 (UTC), Wayne Boatwright
> wrote:

>On Mon 16 Jul 2018 04:17:26a, told us...
>
>> On Mon, 16 Jul 2018 02:13:51 -0000 (UTC), Wayne Boatwright
>> > wrote:
>>
>>>On Sun 15 Jul 2018 04:26:04p, told us...

>>>We haven't eaten yet. Can we come over? So tasty looking.
>>>
>>>BTW. are upir dosjes "Blue Onion" pattern? We almost chose that
>>>for our every day dihes, but couldn't decode on that or Blue
>>>Willow. We ended up with Blue Willow, but I still like both.

>> Royal Worcester Hanbury - I chose it because I was heavy into
>> crewel work at the time and this is almost like crewel. Isn't
>> Blue Willow Spode?
>>

>Yours is very pretty. Spode did make a Blue Willow pattern but I'm
>not sure they still do. Ours is made by Johnson Brothers, a
>subsidiary of Wedgewood.

Yes, it's all changed now. I used to stay with a school friend who
lived just outside Worcester and I would go over to the factory to buy
mine. They have moved the factory now I believe but not to China like
Portmerion did, moving from Wales to China
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 16 Jul 2018 11:20:49 -0700, "Cheri" >
wrote:

> wrote in message
.. .
>> Gary wrote:

>>>Good job! That looked very tasty! :-D

>> Ribs look good but I'd have prefered corn or potatoes, not both. I
>> think corn goes better with ribs... and my yellow crooknecks are
>> coming in, very good grilled.

>Why is there always a "but" with you? Her plate looks wonderful.
>
>Cheri

At least it wasn't his usual filthy comment
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/15/2018 7:26 PM, wrote:
> Ribs, corn, baked spuds followed by fresh fruit salad, Devonshire
> cream and meringues.

https://s33.postimg.cc/ehu0n9yun/IMG_2428.jpg

Looks good!

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:
> Cheri wrote:
>> penmart wrote:

https://s33.postimg.cc/ehu0n9yun/IMG_2428.jpg

>>> Ribs look good but I'd have prefered corn or potatoes, not both. I
>>> think corn goes better with ribs... and my yellow crooknecks are
>>> coming in, very good grilled.

>> Why is there always a "but" with you? Her plate looks wonderful.
>>
>> Cheri

> It's a very nice plate pattern BUT corn on the cob and baked potatoes
> (two starchy veggies) don't belong on the same plate... and then
> naturally they'll be deluged with butter too, and ribs are plenty
> fatty enough on their own. That's not a balanced meal. In fact
> that's not a meal worthy of that fine dinnerware... that's paper plate
> picnic chow.

Popeye, yoose forgot to stamp yoose foot and call them all *faggots*

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 16 Jul 2018 15:47:54 -0500, Hank Rogers >

>> Cheri wrote:

>>> Why is there always a "but" with you? Her plate looks wonderful.
>>>
>>> Cheri

>> It's a very nice plate pattern BUT corn on the cob and baked potatoes
>> (two starchy veggies) don't belong on the same plate... and then
>> naturally they'll be deluged with butter too, and ribs are plenty
>> fatty enough on their own. That's not a balanced meal. In fact
>> that's not a meal worthy of that fine dinnerware... that's paper plate
>> picnic chow.
>>

>Popeye, yoose forgot to stamp yoose foot and call them all *faggots*

Is he slipping?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 16 Jul 2018 15:53:42 -0300, wrote:

>On Mon, 16 Jul 2018 11:20:49 -0700, "Cheri" >
>wrote:
>
> wrote in message
. ..

https://s33.postimg.cc/ehu0n9yun/IMG_2428.jpg

>>> Ribs look good but I'd have prefered corn or potatoes, not both. I
>>> think corn goes better with ribs... and my yellow crooknecks are
>>> coming in, very good grilled.

>>Why is there always a "but" with you? Her plate looks wonderful.
>>
>>Cheri

>At least it wasn't his usual filthy comment

Ignore him. It's not bad at all for an animal lover who rarely eats
meat.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
says...

> On Mon, 16 Jul 2018 18:16:09 -0000 (UTC), Wayne Boatwright
> > wrote:
>
> >On Mon 16 Jul 2018 04:17:26a, told us...
> >
> >> On Mon, 16 Jul 2018 02:13:51 -0000 (UTC), Wayne Boatwright

https://s33.postimg.cc/ehu0n9yun/IMG_2428.jpg

> >> Royal Worcester Hanbury - I chose it because I was heavy into
> >> crewel work at the time and this is almost like crewel. Isn't
> >> Blue Willow Spode?
> >>

> >Yours is very pretty. Spode did make a Blue Willow pattern but I'm
> >not sure they still do. Ours is made by Johnson Brothers, a
> >subsidiary of Wedgewood.

> Yes, it's all changed now. I used to stay with a school friend who
> lived just outside Worcester and I would go over to the factory to buy
> mine. They have moved the factory now I believe but not to China like
> Portmerion did, moving from Wales to China

afaik most Portmeirion is made in England.

Spode moved production to China, but when Spode went into receivership
it was acquired by Portmeirion and Spode production is now also in the
Portmeirion factory in England.

https://www.portmeirion.co.uk/offers...ning-sets.html

Janet UK