Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Hershey Gold

Hershey has been advertising their new Gold candy bar with pretzels and
peanuts. It is not chocolate, but "caramelized creme" I had a coupon
for a free bar, so why not try?

It was OK at best. My wife had one small piece and did not care for it.
I finished it but will not buy any. It had good potential, but, IMO,
did not deliver.

If they put that same mix in chocolate I think it would be much better.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, July 15, 2018 at 10:39:22 AM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> Hershey has been advertising their new Gold candy bar with pretzels and
> peanuts. It is not chocolate, but "caramelized creme" I had a coupon
> for a free bar, so why not try?
>
> It was OK at best. My wife had one small piece and did not care for it.
> I finished it but will not buy any. It had good potential, but, IMO,
> did not deliver.
>
> If they put that same mix in chocolate I think it would be much better.

I'll still always have a soft spot for Hershey's Special Dark because of thew way it SMELLS! And tastes pretty good too.

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in message
> Hershey has been advertising their new Gold candy bar with pretzels and
> peanuts. It is not chocolate, but "caramelized creme" I had a coupon for
> a free bar, so why not try?
>
> It was OK at best. My wife had one small piece and did not care for it. I
> finished it but will not buy any. It had good potential, but, IMO, did
> not deliver.
>
> If they put that same mix in chocolate I think it would be much better.

Did not sound good to me but I got two to give as gifts. The main gift was
cash but it was much cheaper to put the money on top of cheap candy bars and
wrap them up than to buy some kind of gift box. Heh.