Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Here's a Question

On 2018-07-22 4:07 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Sunday, July 22, 2018 at 11:59:53 AM UTC-4, Janet wrote:

>> In the letting rooms in your pictures, the only furniture visible is a
>> cheap bed with no headboard. No bedside table, no desk, no chair, no
>> bookcase.
>>
>> Janet UK
>>
>> Janet

> Headboards are overrated. My bed doesn't have one.

I have to agree that most headboards are overrated. We started off
without one but later got one that is about 10"wide and and has a hinged
lid so it can be used to store things, like linens. That shelf top is a
handy surface for the clock radio, reading lamps, telephone and books.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, July 22, 2018 at 1:49:20 PM UTC-5, Cheri wrote:

> You have me mixed up with someone else, I have NEVER whined about no pics,
> I've seen the pics, and also told you that I thought it looked good,
> including your pink bathroom.
>
> Cheri

Sorry, I forget who says what on here. People copy pages of previous quoted text to add ONE STUPID LINE! :-( Oh that's right, Janet something/someone whined about there not being a full complement of study facilities in every bedroom for rent. I wonder if she knows most students do all or most of their schoolwork ON THEIR COMPUTERS? And we DO enjoy free (included in rent) SECURED WIFI!

Sorry Cheri.

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

>> We did for years but the original was for a full sized bed. Never
>> got around to getting one for the king size and don't miss it. We
>> have adjustable beds and love them. There were times my wife had
>> to stay in bed and it was never comfortable reading or watching
>> TV. Got the adjustable twin XL side by side and they are as
>> comfortable as sitting in a recliner.
>>

> Headboards may be overrated for function, and I admit that I never
> sit up in bed leaing against the headboard. However, unless a
> decorative wall treatment functions in place of a headboard, the bed
> looks incomplete. No doubt about it. My first career was in
> interior and architectural design, having trained at the New York
> School of Interior Design as well as at Parsons. I would have failed
> a course in bedroom design had I omitted a headboard or a full bed
> fraome. It's more an issue of aesthetics than comfort. Having said
> that, I've been in more homes than I care to remember that looked
> haphazardly put together.

I agree that it can look incomplete. We did discuss getting one when we
move but the value is strictly aesthetics, not function. Just one more
thing to dust and polish There are some functional ones with bookcases
and lights but they can turn out to be junk collectors too.

The adjustable beds was one of our smarter moves. I sleep flat, but for
reading or TV it is nice to be able to raise the head and keep your neck
aligned.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, July 22, 2018 at 7:50:29 PM UTC-5, Hank Rogers wrote:

> Indeed, especially the women; they will all need to buy some duct tape
> to cover all the peep holes that Kunthe has bored in the walls.

Only holes I drilled in the walls were for wiring. CAT5 and low loss 26.2ft balanced shielded stereo computer speaker output.

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Druce" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 22 Jul 2018 11:50:40 -0700, "Cheri" >
> wrote:
>
>>"Druce" > wrote in message
. ..
>>> On Sun, 22 Jul 2018 11:30:22 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe

>>> The purpose of pictures on RFC is that they will be whined about. If
>>> you don't want any whining, don't post any pictures. Cheri prefers
>>> love letters anyway.

>>And...I've never complained about anyones pics, I leave that to some other
>>obviously unhappy posters.

> You were criticising him for the fact that his pictures don't
> faithfully represent the current situation and you were supporting
> Janet UK in her intense worry that the student wouldn't have a desk.
> Janet's such a caring person.

Where did I do that? I responded to his "Do you believe everything you see
on the Internet? ;-) FOOLISH!!" which you conveniently cut out, nothing
more. Stop trying to create drama with your creative cutting.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> On Sun 22 Jul 2018 02:38:27p, Dave Smith told us...

>>> Headboards are overrated. My bed doesn't have one.

>> I have to agree that most headboards are overrated. We started
>> off without one but later got one that is about 10"wide and and
>> has a hinged lid so it can be used to store things, like linens.
>> That shelf top is a handy surface for the clock radio, reading
>> lamps, telephone and books.
>>

> Yes, they can certainly be functional as well as decorative.

Yes.

Where the hell else can we save our chewing gum for the next day?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"John Kuthe" > wrote in message
On Sunday, July 22, 2018 at 1:49:20 PM UTC-5, Cheri wrote:

> You have me mixed up with someone else, I have NEVER whined about no pics,
> I've seen the pics, and also told you that I thought it looked good,
> including your pink bathroom.
>
> Cheri

Sorry, I forget who says what on here. People copy pages of previous quoted
text to add ONE STUPID LINE! :-( Oh that's right, Janet something/someone
whined about there not being a full complement of study facilities in every
bedroom for rent. I wonder if she knows most students do all or most of
their schoolwork ON THEIR COMPUTERS? And we DO enjoy free (included in rent)
SECURED WIFI!

Sorry Cheri.

John Kuthe...

===

Not a problem. Namaste!

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 22 Jul 2018 19:13:32 -0700, "Cheri" >
wrote:

.. .

But you wrote this (see above):

"Aren't you advertising on the internet and aren't people supposed to
believe your pictures? Aren't they believed to be representative of
what you're offering?"

Unless that was your troll.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 23 Jul 2018 02:13:45 -0000 (UTC), Wayne Boatwright
> wrote:

>>> Headboards may be overrated for function, and I admit that I
>>> never sit up in bed leaing against the headboard. However,
>>> unless a decorative wall treatment functions in place of a
>>> headboard, the bed looks incomplete. No doubt about it. My
>>> first career was in interior and architectural design, having
>>> trained at the New York School of Interior Design as well as at
>>> Parsons. I would have failed a course in bedroom design had I
>>> omitted a headboard or a full bed fraome. It's more an issue of
>>> aesthetics than comfort. Having said that, I've been in more
>>> homes than I care to remember that looked haphazardly put
>>> together.
>>>

>> I agree that it can look incomplete. We did discuss getting one
>> when we move but the value is strictly aesthetics, not function.
>> Just one more thing to dust and polish There are some functional
>> ones with bookcases and lights but they can turn out to be junk
>> collectors too.
>>
>> The adjustable beds was one of our smarter moves. I sleep flat,
>> but for reading or TV it is nice to be able to raise the head and
>> keep your neck aligned.
>>

>I grew up with a house full of antiques and am one myself, so
>aesthetics are very important to me.

That makes sense.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> I love the idea of adjustable
> beds, but they wouldn't be too practical for us. We are both side
> sleepers and putting our heads at an elevated angle would be
> uncomfortble.

Do you ever read in bed? Watch TV in bed? If yes, they are very
practical. I put it back to level for sleeping.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, July 22, 2018 at 9:13:43 PM UTC-5, Hank Rogers wrote:

> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> >
> > Yes, they can certainly be functional as well as decorative.
> >

> Yes.
>
> Where the hell else can we save our chewing gum for the next day?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPA8jXxCd5M

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, July 22, 2018 at 9:13:43 PM UTC-5, Hank Rogers wrote:

> Where the hell else can we save our chewing gum for the next day?

Everyone knows chewing gum goes on the bedpost overnight!

John Kuthe...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, July 22, 2018 at 9:39:42 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 7/22/2018 10:13 PM, Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>
> > I love the idea of adjustable
> > beds, but they wouldn't be too practical for us. We are both side
> > sleepers and putting our heads at an elevated angle would be
> > uncomfortble.
> >

> Do you ever read in bed? Watch TV in bed? If yes, they are very
> practical. I put it back to level for sleeping.

I never do. I have a waterbed, I use it for sleeping, naps and sex.

And I Killed My Television 10 years ago.

John Kuthe...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, July 22, 2018 at 9:15:23 PM UTC-4, Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> On Sun 22 Jul 2018 01:21:45p, Ed Pawlowski told us...

says...

> >> Headboards are overrated. My bed doesn't have one.
> >>
> >> Cindy Hamilton
> >>

> > We did for years but the original was for a full sized bed. Never
> > got around to getting one for the king size and don't miss it. We
> > have adjustable beds and love them. There were times my wife had
> > to stay in bed and it was never comfortable reading or watching
> > TV. Got the adjustable twin XL side by side and they are as
> > comfortable as sitting in a recliner.
> >

> Headboards may be overrated for function, and I admit that I never
> sit up in bed leaing against the headboard. However, unless a
> decorative wall treatment functions in place of a headboard, the bed
> looks incomplete.

I rarely have my glasses on when I'm in the bedroom. I don't care if
the bed looks incomplete. The frame came free with the mattress and
foundation.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 23 Jul 2018 03:11:49 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Sunday, July 22, 2018 at 5:28:23 PM UTC-4, Sheldon wrote:
>> On Sun, 22 Jul 2018 13:07:57 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
>> > wrote:

says...

>> >Headboards are overrated. My bed doesn't have one.
>> >
>> >Cindy Hamilton

>> NONSENSE! Headboards are necesesary for sitting up in bed with
>> pillows... you must use a hospital bed?

>Nope. A simple frame made of angle iron.
>
>I sit up in bed with pillows all the time, never have any problems.

You're not old enough. You too will one day raise a bony finger and
speak to the world of the benefits of a headboard. Just not yet.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, July 23, 2018 at 5:28:39 AM UTC-5, Druce wrote:

> Didn't you once have a B&B? Did you come out of that experience with
> PTSD by any chance?

Bed and Breakfast? Why? So I can spend a bunch of CASH to **** all over someone *else's* fancy as **** domicile and NOT clean up my own messes?

**** THAT!

And yes I'd say I have shades of PTSD from all the crap I went though in 2017 to get this place as fixed up and to pass Occupancy Permit Inspection. Turns out Bel Nor MO was developing a single page checklist to torture Bel Norians with APPEARANCE FROM OUTSIDE crapola! Nothing structural or substantive, just APPEARANCE!! Evidently Bel Nor does not care as much about Bel Nor Real Estate's structural integrity as it does it's OUTWARD APPEARANCES!!

FAKE AS SHIT! Just like the whole United States! Terminally preoccupied with BILLBOARDS!! :-(

John Kuthe...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, July 23, 2018 at 8:38:48 AM UTC-4, John Kuthe wrote:
> On Monday, July 23, 2018 at 5:28:39 AM UTC-5, Druce wrote:
> >
> > Didn't you once have a B&B? Did you come out of that experience with
> > PTSD by any chance?

> Bed and Breakfast? Why? So I can spend a bunch of CASH to **** all over someone *else's* fancy as **** domicile and NOT clean up my own messes?
>
> **** THAT!
>
> And yes I'd say I have shades of PTSD from all the crap I went though in 2017 to get this place as fixed up and to pass Occupancy Permit Inspection. Turns out Bel Nor MO was developing a single page checklist to torture Bel Norians with APPEARANCE FROM OUTSIDE crapola! Nothing structural or substantive, just APPEARANCE!! Evidently Bel Nor does not care as much about Bel Nor Real Estate's structural integrity as it does it's OUTWARD APPEARANCES!!
>
> FAKE AS SHIT! Just like the whole United States! Terminally preoccupied with BILLBOARDS!! :-(
>
> John Kuthe...

You know, your use of ALL CAPS makes me think you're a
sock puppet for Donald Trump.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 23 Jul 2018 06:11:45 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Monday, July 23, 2018 at 8:38:48 AM UTC-4, John Kuthe wrote:
>> On Monday, July 23, 2018 at 5:28:39 AM UTC-5, Druce wrote:
>> >
>> > Didn't you once have a B&B? Did you come out of that experience with
>> > PTSD by any chance?

>> Bed and Breakfast? Why? So I can spend a bunch of CASH to **** all over someone *else's* fancy as **** domicile and NOT clean up my own messes?
>>
>> **** THAT!
>>
>> And yes I'd say I have shades of PTSD from all the crap I went though in 2017 to get this place as fixed up and to pass Occupancy Permit Inspection. Turns out Bel Nor MO was developing a single page checklist to torture Bel Norians with APPEARANCE FROM OUTSIDE crapola! Nothing structural or substantive, just APPEARANCE!! Evidently Bel Nor does not care as much about Bel Nor Real Estate's structural integrity as it does it's OUTWARD APPEARANCES!!
>>
>> FAKE AS SHIT! Just like the whole United States! Terminally preoccupied with BILLBOARDS!! :-(
>>
>> John Kuthe...

>You know, your use of ALL CAPS makes me think you're a
>sock puppet for Donald Trump.
>
>Cindy Hamilton

Yes, there are similarities !
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, July 23, 2018 at 8:11:48 AM UTC-5, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> You know, your use of ALL CAPS makes me think you're a
> sock puppet for Donald Trump.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

I NEVER use the ALL CAPS key! I pry the ALL CAPS key off any new keyboard I buy and use! If/when I type in ALL CAPITAL letters it's because I know how to HOLD DOWN MY SHIFT KEY(S)!

John Kuthe...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-07-23 12:27 AM, Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> On Sun 22 Jul 2018 07:39:40p, Ed Pawlowski told us...

>> Do you ever read in bed? Watch TV in bed? If yes, they are very
>> practical. I put it back to level for sleeping.
>>

> We don't have a TV in the bedroom, and we both read in our lounge
> chairs with ottomans. I can eee your point. It just isn't for us.

I read in bed every night. I use two pillows to prop my head up. When I
get tired I turn off the light, roll over on my side and fall asleep.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, July 23, 2018 at 9:29:12 AM UTC-4, John Kuthe wrote:
> On Monday, July 23, 2018 at 8:11:48 AM UTC-5, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> > You know, your use of ALL CAPS makes me think you're a
> > sock puppet for Donald Trump.
> >
> > Cindy Hamilton

> I NEVER use the ALL CAPS key! I pry the ALL CAPS key off any new keyboard I buy and use! If/when I type in ALL CAPITAL letters it's because I know how to HOLD DOWN MY SHIFT KEY(S)!
>
> John Kuthe...

ROFLMAO

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, July 23, 2018 at 9:09:39 AM UTC-5, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Monday, July 23, 2018 at 9:29:12 AM UTC-4, John Kuthe wrote:
> > On Monday, July 23, 2018 at 8:11:48 AM UTC-5, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> > > You know, your use of ALL CAPS makes me think you're a
> > > sock puppet for Donald Trump.
> > >
> > > Cindy Hamilton

> > I NEVER use the ALL CAPS key! I pry the ALL CAPS key off any new keyboard I buy and use! If/when I type in ALL CAPITAL letters it's because I know how to HOLD DOWN MY SHIFT KEY(S)!
> >
> > John Kuthe...

> ROFLMAO
>
> Cindy Hamilton

Do you know WHY there's a CAPS LOCK key on keyboards? I do. Computer Engineering SECRET!! ;-)

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"l not -l" > wrote in message

> On 23-Jul-2018, wrote:
>
>> On Monday, July 23, 2018 at 5:28:39 AM UTC-5, Druce wrote:
>> >
>> > Didn't you once have a B&B? Did you come out of that experience with
>> > PTSD by any chance?

>> Bed and Breakfast? Why? So I can spend a bunch of CASH to **** all over
>> someone *else's* fancy as **** domicile and NOT clean up my own messes?
>>
>> **** THAT!

> Why are you such an angry person? Perhaps spending time meditating rather
> than using RFC will improve your state of mind.
>

>> And yes I'd say I have shades of PTSD from all the crap I went though in
>> 2017 to get this place as fixed up and to pass Occupancy Permit
>> Inspection.

> As a "medical professional" you should have a better grasp of PTSD. What
> you have gone through with your house is nothing. Try spending a few
> hours
> to learn about PTSD from a veteran or first responder. You don't have
> PTSD,
> you have Can't Cope Sorry for Myself Syndrome

LOL CCSFMS, surely the next generation of syndromes.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 23 Jul 2018 03:11:49 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Sunday, July 22, 2018 at 5:28:23 PM UTC-4, Sheldon wrote:
>> On Sun, 22 Jul 2018 13:07:57 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
>> > wrote:

says...

>> >Headboards are overrated. My bed doesn't have one.
>> >
>> >Cindy Hamilton

>> NONSENSE! Headboards are necesesary for sitting up in bed with
>> pillows... you must use a hospital bed?

>Nope. A simple frame made of angle iron.
>
>I sit up in bed with pillows all the time, never have any problems.
>
>Cindy Hamilton

Then you must prop your pillows against the wall and your bed frame is
rigged so it won't move or your pillows will slide onto the floor.
You must sleep alone because women really don't like having the top of
their head banged against the wall. We each sleep with two pillows
and our head board is well padded and covered with leather. The
pillows are easily arranged against the headboard to accomodate any
position. We also each have a third pillow that we use as a
decorative bolster... comes in very handy for certain positioning.

We long ago decided that those adjustable beds are really modified
hospital beds, we find them morbid, would make us feel like we are
ill.
Reclining furniture is also very dangerous to pets and small
children... in several countries reclining chairs, motorized or
manual, are illegal.
We didn't special order our bedroom set but as soon as we spotted that
padded headbord we simultaneously said that's what we need. My wife
has a special utilitarian lamp because she also knits in bed. Neither
of us reads in bed, the bathroom is our library.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, July 23, 2018 at 10:51:40 AM UTC-4, John Kuthe wrote:
> On Monday, July 23, 2018 at 9:09:39 AM UTC-5, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> > > I NEVER use the ALL CAPS key! I pry the ALL CAPS key off any new keyboard I buy and use! If/when I type in ALL CAPITAL letters it's because I know how to HOLD DOWN MY SHIFT KEY(S)!
> > >
> > > John Kuthe...

> > ROFLMAO
> >
> > Cindy Hamilton

> Do you know WHY there's a CAPS LOCK key on keyboards? I do. Computer Engineering SECRET!! ;-)

FORTRAN

I've got the caps lock key disabled on my PC.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, July 23, 2018 at 12:01:51 PM UTC-4, Sheldon wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Jul 2018 03:11:49 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:
>
> >On Sunday, July 22, 2018 at 5:28:23 PM UTC-4, Sheldon wrote:
> >> On Sun, 22 Jul 2018 13:07:57 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton

says...

> >> NONSENSE! Headboards are necesesary for sitting up in bed with
> >> pillows... you must use a hospital bed?

> >Nope. A simple frame made of angle iron.
> >
> >I sit up in bed with pillows all the time, never have any problems.
> >
> >Cindy Hamilton

> Then you must prop your pillows against the wall and your bed frame is
> rigged so it won't move or your pillows will slide onto the floor.

My bed is rigged so it won't slide and damage the hardwood floors.

> We long ago decided that those adjustable beds are really modified
> hospital beds, we find them morbid, would make us feel like we are
> ill.
> Reclining furniture is also very dangerous to pets and small
> children... in several countries reclining chairs, motorized or
> manual, are illegal.

Snowflakes. We don't have any pets or small children in our house.

> We didn't special order our bedroom set but as soon as we spotted that
> padded headbord we simultaneously said that's what we need. My wife
> has a special utilitarian lamp because she also knits in bed. Neither
> of us reads in bed, the bathroom is our library.

My legs would go to sleep. I read a lot.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message ...

>> We did for years but the original was for a full sized bed. Never
>> got around to getting one for the king size and don't miss it. We
>> have adjustable beds and love them. There were times my wife had
>> to stay in bed and it was never comfortable reading or watching
>> TV. Got the adjustable twin XL side by side and they are as
>> comfortable as sitting in a recliner.
>>

> Headboards may be overrated for function, and I admit that I never
> sit up in bed leaing against the headboard. However, unless a
> decorative wall treatment functions in place of a headboard, the bed
> looks incomplete. No doubt about it. My first career was in
> interior and architectural design, having trained at the New York
> School of Interior Design as well as at Parsons. I would have failed
> a course in bedroom design had I omitted a headboard or a full bed
> fraome. It's more an issue of aesthetics than comfort. Having said
> that, I've been in more homes than I care to remember that looked
> haphazardly put together.

I agree that it can look incomplete. We did discuss getting one when we
move but the value is strictly aesthetics, not function. Just one more
thing to dust and polish There are some functional ones with bookcases
and lights but they can turn out to be junk collectors too.

The adjustable beds was one of our smarter moves. I sleep flat, but for
reading or TV it is nice to be able to raise the head and keep your neck
aligned.

==

We always had a king sized bed. Fairly recently, I noticed two singles that
fitted together.

Heavenly))

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 23 Jul 2018 06:11:45 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Monday, July 23, 2018 at 8:38:48 AM UTC-4, John Kuthe wrote:
>> On Monday, July 23, 2018 at 5:28:39 AM UTC-5, Druce wrote:
>> >
>> > Didn't you once have a B&B? Did you come out of that experience with
>> > PTSD by any chance?

>> Bed and Breakfast? Why? So I can spend a bunch of CASH to **** all over someone *else's* fancy as **** domicile and NOT clean up my own messes?
>>
>> **** THAT!
>>
>> And yes I'd say I have shades of PTSD from all the crap I went though in 2017 to get this place as fixed up and to pass Occupancy Permit Inspection. Turns out Bel Nor MO was developing a single page checklist to torture Bel Norians with APPEARANCE FROM OUTSIDE crapola! Nothing structural or substantive, just APPEARANCE!! Evidently Bel Nor does not care as much about Bel Nor Real Estate's structural integrity as it does it's OUTWARD APPEARANCES!!
>>
>> FAKE AS SHIT! Just like the whole United States! Terminally preoccupied with BILLBOARDS!! :-(
>>
>> John Kuthe...

>You know, your use of ALL CAPS makes me think you're a
>sock puppet for Donald Trump.
>
>Cindy Hamilton

With a seltza bottle Kootche would be a Clarabell sock puppet for
Howdy Doody:
http://hero.wikia.com/wiki/Clarabell_the_Clown
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-07-23 11:22 AM, l not -l wrote:
> On 23-Jul-2018, wrote:
>
>> On Monday, July 23, 2018 at 5:28:39 AM UTC-5, Druce wrote:
>>>
>>> Didn't you once have a B&B? Did you come out of that experience with
>>> PTSD by any chance?

>> Bed and Breakfast? Why? So I can spend a bunch of CASH to **** all over
>> someone *else's* fancy as **** domicile and NOT clean up my own messes?
>>
>> **** THAT!

> Why are you such an angry person? Perhaps spending time meditating rather
> than using RFC will improve your state of mind.
>

>> And yes I'd say I have shades of PTSD from all the crap I went though in
>> 2017 to get this place as fixed up and to pass Occupancy Permit
>> Inspection.

> As a "medical professional" you should have a better grasp of PTSD. What
> you have gone through with your house is nothing. Try spending a few hours
> to learn about PTSD from a veteran or first responder. You don't have PTSD,
> you have Can't Cope Sorry for Myself Syndrome

Careful there. You don't dare question anyone claiming to have PTSD.
The term evolved from the shell shock experienced by soldiers who had
been subjected to concussive forces from artillery bombardment and has
evolved into a label for anyone who has had trouble coping with their
environment. We get soldiers who have have lost multiple limbs from
IEDs who are obviously suffering from their experience, and then there
are people like a soldier I read about who is claiming PTSD resulting
from his experiences in Afghanistan. He served in a support position
in a heavily fortified compound that was never attacked, but the cause
of his trauma was seeing other soldiers going out on patrol and coming
back wounded or dead.

I have a lot of sympathy for people who are wounded in combat, and I can
understand the impact of their traumatic injuries can have on their
ability to enjoy life. I think is is major insult to those brave souls
to ascribe the same condition to someone who was never exposed to those
horrors.