FoodBanter.com

-   -   Help ! Canning problems (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/444015-help-canning-problems.html)

Terry Coombs 11-07-2018 04:37 PM

Help ! Canning problems

Â* We processed another batch of pickles today , and 3 jars broke in the
steam processor . First batch we lost one . These are not-new wide mouth
jars , and they're breaking near the bottom . They're not overfilled ,
contents just up to theÂ* line below the threads . We've never had a
bottle break before and wonder if these have defects or just what the
problem might be .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Dave Smith[_1_] 11-07-2018 04:54 PM

Help ! Canning problems

On 2018-07-11 11:37 AM, Terry Coombs wrote:
> Â* We processed another batch of pickles today , and 3 jars broke in the
> steam processor . First batch we lost one . These are not-new wide mouth
> jars , and they're breaking near the bottom . They're not overfilled ,
> contents just up to theÂ* line below the threads . We've never had a
> bottle break before and wonder if these have defects or just what the
> problem might be .

Jars breaking during canning is usually the result of hot liquid into
cold jars or cold liquid into hot jars.

Gary 11-07-2018 04:55 PM

Help ! Canning problems

Terry Coombs wrote:

> Â We processed another batch of pickles today , and 3 jars broke in the
> steam processor . First batch we lost one . These are not-new wide mouth
> jars , and they're breaking near the bottom . They're not overfilled ,
> contents just up to the line below the threads . We've never had a
> bottle break before and wonder if these have defects or just what the
> problem might be .

My only thought would be heating up jars too quickly?

Fill with hot tap water first and allow to warm, then empty and
fill with pickles, then slowly turn up the heat. If you are
steaming them in a pressure cooker, wait until hot before putting
on the lid to heat more. With all glass, even Pyrex, slow heating
is the key.

Gary 11-07-2018 05:05 PM

Help ! Canning problems

Gary wrote:

> With all glass, even Pyrex, slow heating
> is the key.

Slow cooling too when dealing with glass.

Terry Coombs 11-07-2018 06:20 PM

Help ! Canning problems

On 7/11/2018 11:05 AM, Gary wrote:
> Gary wrote:
>> With all glass, even Pyrex, slow heating
>> is the key.

> Slow cooling too when dealing with glass.

Â* We're following the same procedure we always use , and never had a
problem . This is the first time using these jars though we've had them
for years . I'm wondering if they've been scratched or chipped maybe . I
didn't inspect the jars myself so I don't know . They are Kerr branded ,
don't know for sure where we got them or when but they've been around
for years unused .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

[email protected] 11-07-2018 06:31 PM

Help ! Canning problems

I read some people used to can in metal cans, not at home but at some farm co op place.

U.S. Janet B. 11-07-2018 06:35 PM

Help ! Canning problems

On Wed, 11 Jul 2018 10:37:24 -0500, Terry Coombs >
wrote:

> * We processed another batch of pickles today , and 3 jars broke in the
>steam processor . First batch we lost one . These are not-new wide mouth
>jars , and they're breaking near the bottom . They're not overfilled ,
>contents just up to the* line below the threads . We've never had a
>bottle break before and wonder if these have defects or just what the
>problem might be .

If you have a dish washer, run the jars through the extra hot cycle
and hold the jars in the dishwasher. I assume you are filling the
jars and then pouring hot brine into the jar. Take the hot jars from
the d.w., fill and pour in the hot liquid, seal and place in the
boiling water bath. (water in processor should already be ready to
boil) Adjust the circumstances if you are using a pressure cooker.
Hot jars, hot liquid, seal and into hot processing unit.
Janet US

[email protected] 11-07-2018 07:38 PM

Help ! Canning problems

wrote:

> * We processed another batch of pickles today , and 3 jars broke in the
>steam processor . First batch we lost one . These are not-new wide mouth
>jars , and they're breaking near the bottom . They're not overfilled ,
>contents just up to the* line below the threads . We've never had a
>bottle break before and wonder if these have defects or just what the
>problem might be .

You have pickling cukes, why are you cooking them?

songbird 11-07-2018 09:58 PM

Help ! Canning problems

Terry Coombs wrote:
> Â* We processed another batch of pickles today , and 3 jars broke in the
> steam processor . First batch we lost one . These are not-new wide mouth
> jars , and they're breaking near the bottom . They're not overfilled ,
> contents just up to theÂ* line below the threads . We've never had a
> bottle break before and wonder if these have defects or just what the
> problem might be .

i'm not sure what a steam processor might be, but
we've never had problems with any of our jars
breaking and i go from room temperature to pouring
boiling brines in over the cucumbers and beans and
no breaks. i used to pre-heat them by filling with
hot water and letting them sit for a minute or two.
i think the key is to not go from freezing to
boiling all at once.

we oven can, only a few have broken during that
stage, a missed crack in the jar i'm sure since
we've done many thousands of pints/quarts over
the years.

do you have a spacer or screen or something in
the bottom to keep the heat from going directly
from the pan to the jars?

maybe post a note to the preserving newsgroup...
a few people still read there.

songbird

songbird 11-07-2018 10:00 PM

Help ! Canning problems

Terry Coombs wrote:
> Â* We're following the same procedure we always use , and never had a
> problem . This is the first time using these jars though we've had them
> for years . I'm wondering if they've been scratched or chipped maybe . I
> didn't inspect the jars myself so I don't know . They are Kerr branded ,
> don't know for sure where we got them or when but they've been around
> for years unused .

bad batches of products do happen...

songbird

songbird 11-07-2018 10:02 PM

Help ! Canning problems

> You have pickling cukes, why are you cooking them?

i'm assuming a quick process to seal the jars.

with high acid products you can just warm up the
lids and use hot contents and that is often enough
to seal. which avoids a lot of time spent processing,
energy etc.

songbird

[email protected] 11-07-2018 10:11 PM

Help ! Canning problems

On Wed, 11 Jul 2018 17:02:03 -0400, songbird >

>> You have pickling cukes, why are you cooking them?

> i'm assuming a quick process to seal the jars.
>
> with high acid products you can just warm up the
>lids and use hot contents and that is often enough
>to seal. which avoids a lot of time spent processing,
>energy etc.

Fermented are no work at all and produce a far better product.

Dave Smith[_1_] 11-07-2018 10:33 PM

Help ! Canning problems

On 2018-07-11 5:00 PM, songbird wrote:
> Terry Coombs wrote:
>> Â* We're following the same procedure we always use , and never had a
>> problem . This is the first time using these jars though we've had them
>> for years . I'm wondering if they've been scratched or chipped maybe . I
>> didn't inspect the jars myself so I don't know . They are Kerr branded ,
>> don't know for sure where we got them or when but they've been around
>> for years unused .

> bad batches of products do happen...

That's true, but when canning with jars the temperature changes are the
most likely cause of glass breaking.

[email protected] 11-07-2018 11:07 PM

Help ! Canning problems

On Wed, 11 Jul 2018 17:33:28 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2018-07-11 5:00 PM, songbird wrote:
>> Terry Coombs wrote:
>>> * We're following the same procedure we always use , and never had a
>>> problem . This is the first time using these jars though we've had them
>>> for years . I'm wondering if they've been scratched or chipped maybe . I
>>> didn't inspect the jars myself so I don't know . They are Kerr branded ,
>>> don't know for sure where we got them or when but they've been around
>>> for years unused .

>> bad batches of products do happen...

>That's true, but when canning with jars the temperature changes are the
>most likely cause of glass breaking.

With fermented I have no temperture issues and fermented are far FAR
better than cooked. I think cooking cukes ruins them.

Hank Rogers[_2_] 12-07-2018 12:02 AM

Help ! Canning problems

wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Jul 2018 17:33:28 -0400, Dave Smith
> > wrote:

>>> bad batches of products do happen...

>> That's true, but when canning with jars the temperature changes are the
>> most likely cause of glass breaking.

> With fermented I have no temperture issues and fermented are far FAR
> better than cooked. I think cooking cukes ruins them.

Dammit, I just don't understand why people won't simply do as yoose
tells them, Popeye.

Ned Ryerson 12-07-2018 12:52 AM

Help ! Canning problems

On Wed, 11 Jul 2018 10:37:24 -0500, Terry Coombs wrote:

> * We processed another batch of pickles today , and 3 jars broke in the
> steam processor . First batch we lost one . These are not-new wide mouth
> jars , and they're breaking near the bottom . They're not overfilled ,
> contents just up to the* line below the threads . We've never had a
> bottle break before and wonder if these have defects or just what the
> problem might be .

You're doing it wrong.

Terry Coombs 12-07-2018 01:09 AM

Help ! Canning problems

On 7/11/2018 3:58 PM, songbird wrote:
> Terry Coombs wrote:
>> Â* We processed another batch of pickles today , and 3 jars broke in the
>> steam processor . First batch we lost one . These are not-new wide mouth
>> jars , and they're breaking near the bottom . They're not overfilled ,
>> contents just up to theÂ* line below the threads . We've never had a
>> bottle break before and wonder if these have defects or just what the
>> problem might be .

> i'm not sure what a steam processor might be, but
> we've never had problems with any of our jars
> breaking and i go from room temperature to pouring
> boiling brines in over the cucumbers and beans and
> no breaks. i used to pre-heat them by filling with
> hot water and letting them sit for a minute or two.
> i think the key is to not go from freezing to
> boiling all at once.
>
> we oven can, only a few have broken during that
> stage, a missed crack in the jar i'm sure since
> we've done many thousands of pints/quarts over
> the years.
>
> do you have a spacer or screen or something in
> the bottom to keep the heat from going directly
> from the pan to the jars?
>
> maybe post a note to the preserving newsgroup...
> a few people still read there.
>

> songbird

Â* This unit is a (relatively) shallow pan that holds boiling water ,
with a plate full of holes to let the steam thru . The top cover is deep
enough that it clears quart jars (but not 1/2 gal IIRC) . The jars are
exposed only to steam , no direct contact with boiling water . The unit
hadn't gotten up to temp - no steam coming from the vent - when they
broke . As songbird suggested , occasionally a bad batch of jars gets
thru .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Terry Coombs 12-07-2018 01:10 AM

Help ! Canning problems

On 7/11/2018 6:52 PM, Ned Ryerson wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Jul 2018 10:37:24 -0500, Terry Coombs wrote:
>
>> Â* We processed another batch of pickles today , and 3 jars broke in the
>> steam processor . First batch we lost one . These are not-new wide mouth
>> jars , and they're breaking near the bottom . They're not overfilled ,
>> contents just up to theÂ* line below the threads . We've never had a
>> bottle break before and wonder if these have defects or just what the
>> problem might be .

> You're doing it wrong.

Â* Very helpful , thanks !

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Dave Smith[_1_] 12-07-2018 01:29 AM

Help ! Canning problems

On 2018-07-11 8:09 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
> On 7/11/2018 3:58 PM, songbird wrote:
>> Terry Coombs wrote:
>>> Â* Â* We processed another batch of pickles today , and 3 jars broke in
>>> the
>>> steam processor . First batch we lost one . These are not-new wide mouth
>>> jars , and they're breaking near the bottom . They're not overfilled ,
>>> contents just up to theÂ* line below the threads . We've never had a
>>> bottle break before and wonder if these have defects or just what the
>>> problem might be .

>> Â*Â* i'm not sure what a steam processor might be, but
>> we've never had problems with any of our jars
>> breaking and i go from room temperature to pouring
>> boiling brines in over the cucumbers and beans and
>> no breaks.Â* i used to pre-heat them by filling with
>> hot water and letting them sit for a minute or two.
>> i think the key is to not go from freezing to
>> boiling all at once.
>>
>> Â*Â* we oven can, only a few have broken during that
>> stage, a missed crack in the jar i'm sure since
>> we've done many thousands of pints/quarts over
>> the years.
>>
>> Â*Â* do you have a spacer or screen or something in
>> the bottom to keep the heat from going directly
>> from the pan to the jars?
>>
>> Â*Â* maybe post a note to the preserving newsgroup...
>> a few people still read there.
>>

>> Â*Â* songbird

> Â* This unit is a (relatively) shallow pan that holds boiling water ,
> with a plate full of holes to let the steam thru . The top cover is deep
> enough that it clears quart jars (but not 1/2 gal IIRC) . The jars are
> exposed only to steam , no direct contact with boiling water . The unit
> hadn't gotten up to temp - no steam coming from the vent - when they
> broke . As songbird suggested , occasionally a bad batch of jars gets
> thru .

I often use a method my mother used to use. Put the jars in a large pan
or pot, add water and crank up the heat to bring the water to a boil.
The heat forces the air out of the bottles so when you turn the burner
off there is a vacuum in the jars that sucks the hot water up into them.
You have to time things so that the jars are ready when the jam or
jelly is ready to go in.
My other method is to wash the jars thoroughly and set them upside down
on a cookie sheet in the oven. Crank the hear up to about 250, which is
hot enough to kill anything that would be killed by boiling water. That
also leaves less than 30 degrees difference between the hot jars and
cooked jams going into them, not enough to break the glass.

John Kuthe[_3_] 12-07-2018 02:49 AM

Help ! Canning problems

On Wednesday, July 11, 2018 at 10:55:40 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:
> Terry Coombs wrote:
> >
> > Ā We processed another batch of pickles today , and 3 jars broke in the
> > steam processor . First batch we lost one . These are not-new wide mouth
> > jars , and they're breaking near the bottom . They're not overfilled ,
> > contents just up to theĀ line below the threads . We've never had a
> > bottle break before and wonder if these have defects or just what the
> > problem might be .

> My only thought would be heating up jars too quickly?
>
> Fill with hot tap water first and allow to warm, then empty and
> fill with pickles, then slowly turn up the heat. If you are
> steaming them in a pressure cooker, wait until hot before putting
> on the lid to heat more. With all glass, even Pyrex, slow heating
> is the key.

Yep!Â*I lost the Pyrex glassÂ*lid to a big glass bowl I had when a former housemate who was using it years ago took it right out of the oven with potholder and put the lid under cold water in the sink right in front of me to cool it off and it SHATTERED! Kid you not, this 50 or so old lady was a real dipshit! She moved out soon after for other reasons.

John Kuthe...

U.S. Janet B. 12-07-2018 04:50 PM

Help ! Canning problems

On Wed, 11 Jul 2018 16:58:44 -0400, songbird >
wrote:

>Terry Coombs wrote:
>> Â* We processed another batch of pickles today , and 3 jars broke in the
>> steam processor . First batch we lost one . These are not-new wide mouth
>> jars , and they're breaking near the bottom . They're not overfilled ,
>> contents just up to theÂ* line below the threads . We've never had a
>> bottle break before and wonder if these have defects or just what the
>> problem might be .

> i'm not sure what a steam processor might be, but
>we've never had problems with any of our jars
>breaking and i go from room temperature to pouring
>boiling brines in over the cucumbers and beans and
>no breaks. i used to pre-heat them by filling with
>hot water and letting them sit for a minute or two.
>i think the key is to not go from freezing to
>boiling all at once.
>
> we oven can, only a few have broken during that
>stage, a missed crack in the jar i'm sure since
>we've done many thousands of pints/quarts over
>the years.
>
> do you have a spacer or screen or something in
>the bottom to keep the heat from going directly
>from the pan to the jars?
>
> maybe post a note to the preserving newsgroup...
>a few people still read there.
>

> songbird

my mother used to oven can back in the 40s. It scares me to think of
it.

[email protected] 12-07-2018 05:47 PM

Help ! Canning problems

I've canned a lot of beans and tomatoes in a pressure canner and never had a jar break.

songbird 12-07-2018 07:46 PM

Help ! Canning problems

U.S Janet B wrote:
> my mother used to oven can back in the 40s. It scares me to think of
> it.

if you have a good oven that holds a steady
temperature it works well and is much more
efficient.

consider the difference between heating up a
bunch of hot water that you then dump out or
just having to heat some air.

the few problems i've had made a mess, but
so would a jar breaking in a BWB. some generic
lids didn't work right for it, but recently i
just use those for freezer jam and roasted
red peppers that go in the freezer. i always
inspect jars for cracks or chips and have
caught a few that would have likely broken
under any sort of pressure.

since i only do acidic things i don't have
worries about botulism nor do i do any pressure
canning.

songbird

U.S. Janet B. 12-07-2018 10:31 PM

Help ! Canning problems

On Thu, 12 Jul 2018 14:46:39 -0400, songbird >
wrote:

>U.S Janet B wrote:
>> my mother used to oven can back in the 40s. It scares me to think of
>> it.

> if you have a good oven that holds a steady
>temperature it works well and is much more
>efficient.
>
> consider the difference between heating up a
>bunch of hot water that you then dump out or
>just having to heat some air.
>
> the few problems i've had made a mess, but
>so would a jar breaking in a BWB. some generic
>lids didn't work right for it, but recently i
>just use those for freezer jam and roasted
>red peppers that go in the freezer. i always
>inspect jars for cracks or chips and have
>caught a few that would have likely broken
>under any sort of pressure.
>
> since i only do acidic things i don't have
>worries about botulism nor do i do any pressure
>canning.
>

> songbird

I'm glad it works for you

dsi1[_17_] 13-07-2018 12:32 AM

Help ! Canning problems

On Wednesday, July 11, 2018 at 5:37:29 AM UTC-10, Terry Coombs wrote:
> Â* We processed another batch of pickles today , and 3 jars broke in the
> steam processor . First batch we lost one . These are not-new wide mouth
> jars , and they're breaking near the bottom . They're not overfilled ,
> contents just up to theÂ* line below the threads . We've never had a
> bottle break before and wonder if these have defects or just what the
> problem might be .
>
> --
> Snag
> Yes , I'm old
> and crochety .
> Get off my lawn !

Last night was pretty exciting. I made some Chinese ginger chicken sauce which is made by dumping some hot oil on some ginger and green onion. After letting it warm up a bit, I poured that into a glass dish. I was expecting it to explode but it didn't. I get exciting stuff like that happening to me almost every night.

Ophelia[_16_] 13-07-2018 11:19 AM

Help ! Canning problems

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Wednesday, July 11, 2018 at 5:37:29 AM UTC-10, Terry Coombs wrote:
> We processed another batch of pickles today , and 3 jars broke in the
> steam processor . First batch we lost one . These are not-new wide mouth
> jars , and they're breaking near the bottom . They're not overfilled ,
> contents just up to the line below the threads . We've never had a
> bottle break before and wonder if these have defects or just what the
> problem might be .
>
> --
> Snag
> Yes , I'm old
> and crochety .
> Get off my lawn !

Last night was pretty exciting. I made some Chinese ginger chicken sauce
which is made by dumping some hot oil on some ginger and green onion. After
letting it warm up a bit, I poured that into a glass dish. I was expecting
it to explode but it didn't. I get exciting stuff like that happening to me
almost every night.

==

You live dangerously <g>

dsi1[_17_] 13-07-2018 07:09 PM

Help ! Canning problems

On Friday, July 13, 2018 at 12:49:08 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

> ==
>
> You live dangerously <g>

It's a very dangerous dish. :)

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...OD4aCJG8ycZilG

Ophelia[_16_] 13-07-2018 09:30 PM

Help ! Canning problems

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Friday, July 13, 2018 at 12:49:08 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

> ==
>
> You live dangerously <g>

It's a very dangerous dish. :)

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...OD4aCJG8ycZilG

==

Well it looks good, or should I be afraid to look:))

What is it?

dsi1[_17_] 13-07-2018 10:15 PM

Help ! Canning problems

On Friday, July 13, 2018 at 10:31:02 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

> ==
>
> Well it looks good, or should I be afraid to look:))
>
> What is it?

Ginger chicken - a popular dish on this rock. There's many ways to prepare it. Here's one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oM8Vk2xoLKQ

Ophelia[_16_] 14-07-2018 04:04 PM

Help ! Canning problems

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Friday, July 13, 2018 at 10:31:02 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

> ==
>
> Well it looks good, or should I be afraid to look:))
>
> What is it?

Ginger chicken - a popular dish on this rock. There's many ways to prepare
it. Here's one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oM8Vk2xoLKQ

==

You lost me at 'ginger' but got me back immediately when I saw it was Janice
<g>

[email protected] 14-07-2018 04:18 PM

Help ! Canning problems

You're only supposed to can when the moon is waning, but thats common sense.

dsi1[_17_] 14-07-2018 08:15 PM

Help ! Canning problems

On Saturday, July 14, 2018 at 5:05:18 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> ==
>
> You lost me at 'ginger' but got me back immediately when I saw it was Janice
> <g>

She's my kind of gal although having a spouse that doesn't cook much is a pretty cozy arrangement. It just works out. :)

Ophelia[_16_] 14-07-2018 09:41 PM

Help ! Canning problems

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Saturday, July 14, 2018 at 5:05:18 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> ==
>
> You lost me at 'ginger' but got me back immediately when I saw it was
> Janice
> <g>

She's my kind of gal although having a spouse that doesn't cook much is a
pretty cozy arrangement. It just works out. :)

==

Exactly the same he))

Terry Coombs 14-07-2018 11:15 PM

Help ! Canning problems

On 7/14/2018 3:41 PM, Ophelia wrote:

> "dsi1"Â* wrote in message
>
> On Saturday, July 14, 2018 at 5:05:18 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
>> ==
>>
>> You lost me at 'ginger' but got me back immediately when I saw it was
>> Janice
>> <g>

> She's my kind of gal although having a spouse that doesn't cook much
> is a pretty cozy arrangement. It just works out. :)
>
> ==
>
> Exactly the same he))

Â* But on the other hand it's nice to have a very good cook - she did
wonders during the lean times - on standby .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

dsi1[_17_] 15-07-2018 12:58 AM

Help ! Canning problems

On Saturday, July 14, 2018 at 10:46:48 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> ==
>
> Exactly the same he))

One of these days I'm going to lay down that pan forever. That will be some day, let me tell you!

I'm in the process of getting my driver's licence renewed. While waiting for my number to be called, I noticed how downhearted most of the people in the queue were. Heck, even the eye testing gizmo was sad. Getting my license has proven to be a daunting affair. It might be faster/easier to just move to the UK. :)

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...4rZy7le6czk0Rg

Ophelia[_16_] 15-07-2018 09:07 AM

Help ! Canning problems

"Terry Coombs" wrote in message ...

On 7/14/2018 3:41 PM, Ophelia wrote:

> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Saturday, July 14, 2018 at 5:05:18 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
>> ==
>>
>> You lost me at 'ginger' but got me back immediately when I saw it was
>> Janice
>> <g>

> She's my kind of gal although having a spouse that doesn't cook much
> is a pretty cozy arrangement. It just works out. :)
>
> ==
>
> Exactly the same he))

But on the other hand it's nice to have a very good cook - she did
wonders during the lean times - on standby .

Snag

==

So you cook because you love to? D doesn't cook and I have no complaint At
All about that :))

Ophelia[_16_] 15-07-2018 09:07 AM

Help ! Canning problems

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Saturday, July 14, 2018 at 10:46:48 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> ==
>
> Exactly the same he))

One of these days I'm going to lay down that pan forever. That will be some
day, let me tell you!

I'm in the process of getting my driver's licence renewed. While waiting for
my number to be called, I noticed how downhearted most of the people in the
queue were. Heck, even the eye testing gizmo was sad. Getting my license has
proven to be a daunting affair. It might be faster/easier to just move to
the UK. :)

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...4rZy7le6czk0Rg

==

That sounds like a plan:)) Which bit?

Andrew Carrick 15-07-2018 05:39 PM

Help ! Canning problems

wrote in
:

> On Wed, 11 Jul 2018 17:33:28 -0400, Dave Smith
> > wrote:

>>> bad batches of products do happen...

>>That's true, but when canning with jars the temperature
>>changes are the most likely cause of glass breaking.

> With fermented I have no temperture issues and fermented
> are far FAR better than cooked. I think cooking cukes
> ruins them.

Your fugly wife cooks them in her asshole, Popeye.

John Granade 15-07-2018 06:38 PM

Help ! Canning problems

On 7/14/2018 11:18 AM, wrote:
> You're only supposed to can when the moon is waning, but thats common sense.

As you already know Google sucks used cock for Usenet, but that's just
common sense.

Gary 16-07-2018 05:16 PM

Help ! Canning problems

dsi1 wrote:

> I'm in the process of getting my driver's licence renewed. While waiting for my number to be called, I noticed how downhearted most of the people in the queue were. Heck, even the eye testing gizmo was sad. Getting my license has proven to be a daunting affair. It might be faster/easier to just move to the UK. :)
>
> https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...rZy7le6czk0RgW

WTH was that sad gadget in your pic? It made me laugh. :-D