Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default I guess I'll try Whole Foods between 7/14-17

https://money.cnn.com/2018/07/10/new...als/index.html
I'll see what they've got
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 11 Jul 2018 04:27:44 -0000 (UTC), Wayne Boatwright
> wrote:

>On Tue 10 Jul 2018 08:22:51p, U.S. Janet B. told us...
>

>> https://money.cnn.com/2018/07/10/new...-foods-amazon-
>> prime-deals/index.html I'll see what they've got
>>

>I really like shopping at whole foods. Among many other things, it's
>the one place that I can buy fresh perfect Kirby cucumbers and fresh
>perfect okra pods year 'roun. :-)
>
>I won't be doing any "prime" shopping there however. I cancelled my
>Amazon Prime account the last time they raised their annual fee,
>especially when they auto-billed me without notification.

Prime is worth it to me for those irritating little things you want
specifically but will entail running all over town to find who has it.
Just get on Amazon and order those boot shoe strings in the color and
length you want. Can't find those cabinet magnets? Specific
gardening supplies? Amazon has them. I made up the cost of Prime in
shipping alone -- a trade off instead traipsing around town in the car
using my time and gasoline. I am almost embarrassed when I order a
less than $10 item to be shipped.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Amazon Prime was Whole Foods

U.S. Janet B. wrote:

>Prime is worth it to me for those irritating little things you want
>specifically but will entail running all over town to find who has it.
>Just get on Amazon and order those boot shoe strings in the color and
>length you want. Can't find those cabinet magnets? Specific
>gardening supplies? Amazon has them. I made up the cost of Prime in
>shipping alone -- a trade off instead traipsing around town in the car
>using my time and gasoline. I am almost embarrassed when I order a
>less than $10 item to be shipped.

I feel exactly the same... Amazon Prime is a bargain considering all
the time, energy and driving expenses saved, and it's not just
gasolene, it's putting on miles and wear and tear, and most
importantly a lot less risk of an accident sitting at my PC.
And there's nothing Amazon doesn't have... sometimes I'm thinking to
buy the most mundane item, as you say like shoe laces for my work
boots, Amazon has them in every color and length, and for a lot less
cost than from the sporting goods stores.... also they sell a better
quality shoelace, I can't wear them out, and for some reason the cats
don't chew the ends off like they do with LLBean laces. Amazon sells
the "Miscly" brand, comes in a three pack, been using the first set
for three years now and they show no wear, nor do they loosen.... and
I wear them every day.
I don't feel guilty ordering a $10 item with free shipping,
considering I buy many more expensive items. And it's not just free
shipping, it's free packaging too, and packaging can be expensive,
order a $30 shovel and it has to cost $10 for packaging materials,
plus someone's labor.
Amazon Prime is a gigantic Bargain, anyone who complains about the
yearly fee has sawdust for brains.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/10/2018 11:22 PM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:

> https://money.cnn.com/2018/07/10/new...als/index.html
> I'll see what they've got

We were there last week and there's a whole display about the amazon
prime thing. I was wondering How do they know? are you going to give
them your password?

I'm a dinosaur, for sure. Of course you get an app on your phone
and that's how they know you're a member. A one time thing, they
just gave us the discount. Saved 60 cents on a watermelon.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, July 11, 2018 at 8:24:00 AM UTC-4, Nancy Young wrote:
> On 7/10/2018 11:22 PM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> >
> > https://money.cnn.com/2018/07/10/new...als/index.html
> > I'll see what they've got

> We were there last week and there's a whole display about the amazon
> prime thing. I was wondering How do they know? are you going to give
> them your password?
>
> I'm a dinosaur, for sure. Of course you get an app on your phone
> and that's how they know you're a member. A one time thing, they
> just gave us the discount. Saved 60 cents on a watermelon.

You can associate your phone number with your Prime account and
tell the cashier at Whole Paycheck your phone number. I haven't
tried that yet. Nothing I've bought at WF got me a Prime discount.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/11/2018 9:14 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Wednesday, July 11, 2018 at 8:24:00 AM UTC-4, Nancy Young wrote:

>> I'm a dinosaur, for sure. Of course you get an app on your phone
>> and that's how they know you're a member. A one time thing, they
>> just gave us the discount. Saved 60 cents on a watermelon.

> You can associate your phone number with your Prime account and
> tell the cashier at Whole Paycheck your phone number.

Of course. Not something I'd be doing but then I don't do the bulk
of my shopping there and a discount on sale items isn't worth it.

> I haven't
> tried that yet. Nothing I've bought at WF got me a Prime discount.

I've never thought What's on sale at Whole Foods? and gone there
for that purpose.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 11 Jul 2018 06:14:08 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Wednesday, July 11, 2018 at 8:24:00 AM UTC-4, Nancy Young wrote:
>> On 7/10/2018 11:22 PM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>> >
>> > https://money.cnn.com/2018/07/10/new...als/index.html
>> > I'll see what they've got

>> We were there last week and there's a whole display about the amazon
>> prime thing. I was wondering How do they know? are you going to give
>> them your password?
>>
>> I'm a dinosaur, for sure. Of course you get an app on your phone
>> and that's how they know you're a member. A one time thing, they
>> just gave us the discount. Saved 60 cents on a watermelon.

>You can associate your phone number with your Prime account and
>tell the cashier at Whole Paycheck your phone number. I haven't
>tried that yet. Nothing I've bought at WF got me a Prime discount.
>
>Cindy Hamilton

I just figured that I would use my Amazon charge card and that would
get me the discounts. It's been a good card and it seemed foolish not
to apply for it. There was a $50 discount on anything I bought with a
new application and I wanted to get something for about $100. It was
a no brainer for me.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young wrote:

> I've never thought What's on sale at Whole Foods? and gone there
> for that purpose.

I've never gone to Whole Foods very near me. If they want me to
buy, they should advertise. Same with Trader Joes. They used to
mail out a monthly flyer but no longer. Don't hear from them, I
never even think to go there. That said, I've noticed that even
Walmart rarely advertises. Target does with a sampling of
everything from food to household goods, etc At least, I consider
shopping there once a week after seeing the Sunday ads.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 11 Jul 2018 11:51:14 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>Nancy Young wrote:
>>
>> I've never thought What's on sale at Whole Foods? and gone there
>> for that purpose.

>I've never gone to Whole Foods very near me. If they want me to
>buy, they should advertise. Same with Trader Joes. They used to
>mail out a monthly flyer but no longer. Don't hear from them, I
>never even think to go there. That said, I've noticed that even
>Walmart rarely advertises. Target does with a sampling of
>everything from food to household goods, etc At least, I consider
>shopping there once a week after seeing the Sunday ads.

I guess Target realizes you need the pretty pictures in color to able
to tell what the store sells.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"U.S. Janet B." wrote:

> On Wed, 11 Jul 2018 11:51:14 -0400, Gary > wrote:
>
> >Nancy Young wrote:
> >>
> >> I've never thought What's on sale at Whole Foods? and gone there
> >> for that purpose.

> >I've never gone to Whole Foods very near me. If they want me to
> >buy, they should advertise. Same with Trader Joes. They used to
> >mail out a monthly flyer but no longer. Don't hear from them, I
> >never even think to go there. That said, I've noticed that even
> >Walmart rarely advertises. Target does with a sampling of
> >everything from food to household goods, etc At least, I consider
> >shopping there once a week after seeing the Sunday ads.

> I guess Target realizes you need the pretty pictures in color to able
> to tell what the store sells.

Oh dear....someone is mad at me now, so it seems.
I like store ads to see what might be on sale.
Most normal people do.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 11 Jul 2018 12:14:47 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>"U.S. Janet B." wrote:

>> >I've never gone to Whole Foods very near me. If they want me to
>> >buy, they should advertise. Same with Trader Joes. They used to
>> >mail out a monthly flyer but no longer. Don't hear from them, I
>> >never even think to go there. That said, I've noticed that even
>> >Walmart rarely advertises. Target does with a sampling of
>> >everything from food to household goods, etc At least, I consider
>> >shopping there once a week after seeing the Sunday ads.

>> I guess Target realizes you need the pretty pictures in color to able
>> to tell what the store sells.

>Oh dear....someone is mad at me now, so it seems.
>I like store ads to see what might be on sale.
>Most normal people do.

Really? What percentage of people do? What kind of ads?

Beyond anecdotal, what evidence do you have?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"notbob" > wrote in message
> On 7/11/2018 4:23 AM, wrote:
>
>> Amazon Prime is a gigantic Bargain, anyone who complains about the
>> yearly fee has sawdust for brains.

> So one would think!
>
> I usta have Amazon Prime. I even tested 'em on their claims. Sure
> enough. I bought an item fer jes over $2USD. It was there, at my
> doorstep, two days later, jes as Amazon promised.
>
> I even pay a guy to give me ride into town, now and then, cuz it saves
> wear/tear on my vehicle. OTOH, Amazon Prime does NOT save you $$$$. I
> had it for one yr (original rate), but dumped it the following yr. I
> figure I saved a couple hundred dollars by NOT joining again.
>
> Lotta places now charge zero shipping. Zappos --Amazon subsidiary--
> ships fer free. OTOH, they want yer bought item back in perfect
> condition. IOW, do NOT wear those shoes out-of-doors. OTOH, New Balance
> give you "free shipping", 30 days return, and WILL allow you to wear those
> shoes, "out-of-doors". Sam Ash (music store) only charges shipping fer
> orders under "$10".
>
> Sure, Amazon will save $$$$ on driving to a large urban center (for me,
> that's a 200 mi round trip), but it also promotes spending lotsa $$$$. So,
> if you have lotsa money to blow, by all means, get Amazon Prime.
>
> nb

For me, it so worth it to be able to find the things I need, some odd things
that stores don't ever have in stock, and also their customer service is
second to none as far as I'm concerned. The convenience is a wonderful
thing.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 11 Jul 2018 09:43:51 -0700, "Cheri" >
wrote:

>"notbob" > wrote in message
>> On 7/11/2018 4:23 AM, wrote:
>>
>>> Amazon Prime is a gigantic Bargain, anyone who complains about the
>>> yearly fee has sawdust for brains.

>> So one would think!
>>
>> I usta have Amazon Prime. I even tested 'em on their claims. Sure
>> enough. I bought an item fer jes over $2USD. It was there, at my
>> doorstep, two days later, jes as Amazon promised.
>>
>> I even pay a guy to give me ride into town, now and then, cuz it saves
>> wear/tear on my vehicle. OTOH, Amazon Prime does NOT save you $$$$. I
>> had it for one yr (original rate), but dumped it the following yr. I
>> figure I saved a couple hundred dollars by NOT joining again.
>>
>> Lotta places now charge zero shipping. Zappos --Amazon subsidiary--
>> ships fer free. OTOH, they want yer bought item back in perfect
>> condition. IOW, do NOT wear those shoes out-of-doors. OTOH, New Balance
>> give you "free shipping", 30 days return, and WILL allow you to wear those
>> shoes, "out-of-doors". Sam Ash (music store) only charges shipping fer
>> orders under "$10".
>>
>> Sure, Amazon will save $$$$ on driving to a large urban center (for me,
>> that's a 200 mi round trip), but it also promotes spending lotsa $$$$. So,
>> if you have lotsa money to blow, by all means, get Amazon Prime.
>>
>> nb

>For me, it so worth it to be able to find the things I need, some odd things
>that stores don't ever have in stock, and also their customer service is
>second to none as far as I'm concerned. The convenience is a wonderful
>thing.
>
>Cheri

Very convenient, and especially so for odd items.

And there is that great video streaming capability, too.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"U.S. Janet B." > wrote in message

> I just figured that I would use my Amazon charge card and that would
> get me the discounts. It's been a good card and it seemed foolish not
> to apply for it. There was a $50 discount on anything I bought with a
> new application and I wanted to get something for about $100. It was
> a no brainer for me.
> Janet US

Same here, and I use the rewards for purchases through Amazon.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" > wrote in message ...
> "U.S. Janet B." wrote:

>> >I've never gone to Whole Foods very near me. If they want me to
>> >buy, they should advertise. Same with Trader Joes. They used to
>> >mail out a monthly flyer but no longer. Don't hear from them, I
>> >never even think to go there. That said, I've noticed that even
>> >Walmart rarely advertises. Target does with a sampling of
>> >everything from food to household goods, etc At least, I consider
>> >shopping there once a week after seeing the Sunday ads.

>> I guess Target realizes you need the pretty pictures in color to able
>> to tell what the store sells.

> Oh dear....someone is mad at me now, so it seems.
> I like store ads to see what might be on sale.
> Most normal people do.

I like the ads that come in the newspaper on Saturdays where I am, and the
ads that come in the mail on Tuesdays for groceries. Maybe we're abnormal.
;-)

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Boron Elgar wrote:

> Gary wrote:
> >I like store ads to see what might be on sale.
> >Most normal people do.

> Really? What percentage of people do? What kind of ads?
> Beyond anecdotal, what evidence do you have?

Well.... I do seem to be in the minority that still gets a
printed and delivered newspaper each day of the week. On
Wednesdays, they have the grocery store sale ads. On Sundays,
it's all other stores that put out sale ads.

People that don't get the daily paper don't see what I do, unless
they check websites all the time.

I like real newspapers and books but I am a dying breed, it
seems.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cheri wrote:

> I like the ads that come in the newspaper on Saturdays where I am, and the
> ads that come in the mail on Tuesdays for groceries. Maybe we're abnormal.
> ;-)

From even around here locally, seems that printed newspaper
subscribers are a small minority these days.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Boron Elgar" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 11 Jul 2018 09:43:51 -0700, "Cheri" >
> wrote:

>>> So one would think!
>>>
>>> I usta have Amazon Prime. I even tested 'em on their claims. Sure
>>> enough. I bought an item fer jes over $2USD. It was there, at my
>>> doorstep, two days later, jes as Amazon promised.
>>>
>>> I even pay a guy to give me ride into town, now and then, cuz it saves
>>> wear/tear on my vehicle. OTOH, Amazon Prime does NOT save you $$$$. I
>>> had it for one yr (original rate), but dumped it the following yr. I
>>> figure I saved a couple hundred dollars by NOT joining again.
>>>
>>> Lotta places now charge zero shipping. Zappos --Amazon subsidiary--
>>> ships fer free. OTOH, they want yer bought item back in perfect
>>> condition. IOW, do NOT wear those shoes out-of-doors. OTOH, New
>>> Balance
>>> give you "free shipping", 30 days return, and WILL allow you to wear
>>> those
>>> shoes, "out-of-doors". Sam Ash (music store) only charges shipping fer
>>> orders under "$10".
>>>
>>> Sure, Amazon will save $$$$ on driving to a large urban center (for me,
>>> that's a 200 mi round trip), but it also promotes spending lotsa $$$$.
>>> So,
>>> if you have lotsa money to blow, by all means, get Amazon Prime.
>>>
>>> nb

>>For me, it so worth it to be able to find the things I need, some odd
>>things
>>that stores don't ever have in stock, and also their customer service is
>>second to none as far as I'm concerned. The convenience is a wonderful
>>thing.
>>
>>Cheri
>>

> Very convenient, and especially so for odd items.
>
> And there is that great video streaming capability, too.

I use the Amazon Firestick on my TV and they do have some really good
programming. I'm a huge fan of Amazon in all respects.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" > wrote in message ...
> Cheri wrote:
>>
>> I like the ads that come in the newspaper on Saturdays where I am, and
>> the
>> ads that come in the mail on Tuesdays for groceries. Maybe we're
>> abnormal.
>> ;-)

> From even around here locally, seems that printed newspaper
> subscribers are a small minority these days.

Yes, this newspaper has become a joke, no newspaper on Sunday or Monday, and
the rest of the week about five pages thick, no important news really, I
only take it to keep track of the goings on in town, police calls (see who's
robbing places close to me) deaths, events, and of course the ads. LOL

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" > wrote in message ...

> I like real newspapers and books but I am a dying breed, it
> seems.

I like real newspapers too, but definitely a Kindle for books.

Cheri
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, July 11, 2018 at 11:44:39 AM UTC-4, notbob wrote:
> On 7/11/2018 4:23 AM, wrote:
>
> > Amazon Prime is a gigantic Bargain, anyone who complains about the
> > yearly fee has sawdust for brains.

> So one would think!
>
> I usta have Amazon Prime. I even tested 'em on their claims. Sure
> enough. I bought an item fer jes over $2USD. It was there, at my
> doorstep, two days later, jes as Amazon promised.
>
> I even pay a guy to give me ride into town, now and then, cuz it saves
> wear/tear on my vehicle. OTOH, Amazon Prime does NOT save you $$$$. I
> had it for one yr (original rate), but dumped it the following yr. I
> figure I saved a couple hundred dollars by NOT joining again.
>
> Lotta places now charge zero shipping. Zappos --Amazon subsidiary--
> ships fer free. OTOH, they want yer bought item back in perfect
> condition. IOW, do NOT wear those shoes out-of-doors. OTOH, New
> Balance give you "free shipping", 30 days return, and WILL allow you to
> wear those shoes, "out-of-doors". Sam Ash (music store) only charges
> shipping fer orders under "$10".
>
> Sure, Amazon will save $$$$ on driving to a large urban center (for me,
> that's a 200 mi round trip), but it also promotes spending lotsa $$$$.
> So, if you have lotsa money to blow, by all means, get Amazon Prime.
>
> nb

Two words: streaming video

Free shipping and I save $11/month by not needing Netflix. No,
I'm not going to stream from pirate sites. My mother taught me
it's wrong to steal.

Cindy Hamilton

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-07-11 12:54 PM, Gary wrote:
> Cheri wrote:
>>
>> I like the ads that come in the newspaper on Saturdays where I am, and the
>> ads that come in the mail on Tuesdays for groceries. Maybe we're abnormal.
>> ;-)

> From even around here locally, seems that printed newspaper
> subscribers are a small minority these days.

Magazines are having a hard time too. Some of the mall kiosks that used
to stock a wide range of magazines have cut way back on the number of
magazines they carry and the numbers of each that they stock. The place
at the local mall used to carry dozens of different magazines. The last
time I went by he his magazine rack was empty.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 11 Jul 2018 12:14:47 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>"U.S. Janet B." wrote:

>> >I've never gone to Whole Foods very near me. If they want me to
>> >buy, they should advertise. Same with Trader Joes. They used to
>> >mail out a monthly flyer but no longer. Don't hear from them, I
>> >never even think to go there. That said, I've noticed that even
>> >Walmart rarely advertises. Target does with a sampling of
>> >everything from food to household goods, etc At least, I consider
>> >shopping there once a week after seeing the Sunday ads.

>> I guess Target realizes you need the pretty pictures in color to able
>> to tell what the store sells.

>Oh dear....someone is mad at me now, so it seems.
>I like store ads to see what might be on sale.
>Most normal people do.

No, I'm just responding to the tone that you spewed all over this
group this morning.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 11 Jul 2018 09:45:53 -0700, "Cheri" >
wrote:

>"U.S. Janet B." > wrote in message
>
>> I just figured that I would use my Amazon charge card and that would
>> get me the discounts. It's been a good card and it seemed foolish not
>> to apply for it. There was a $50 discount on anything I bought with a
>> new application and I wanted to get something for about $100. It was
>> a no brainer for me.
>> Janet US

>Same here, and I use the rewards for purchases through Amazon.
>
>Cheri

me too. It's nice when the message says you have $15 worth of rewards
and you just want something that costs $16

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 11 Jul 2018 12:44:48 -0400, Boron Elgar
> wrote:

>On Wed, 11 Jul 2018 09:43:51 -0700, "Cheri" >
>wrote:

>>> So one would think!
>>>
>>> I usta have Amazon Prime. I even tested 'em on their claims. Sure
>>> enough. I bought an item fer jes over $2USD. It was there, at my
>>> doorstep, two days later, jes as Amazon promised.
>>>
>>> I even pay a guy to give me ride into town, now and then, cuz it saves
>>> wear/tear on my vehicle. OTOH, Amazon Prime does NOT save you $$$$. I
>>> had it for one yr (original rate), but dumped it the following yr. I
>>> figure I saved a couple hundred dollars by NOT joining again.
>>>
>>> Lotta places now charge zero shipping. Zappos --Amazon subsidiary--
>>> ships fer free. OTOH, they want yer bought item back in perfect
>>> condition. IOW, do NOT wear those shoes out-of-doors. OTOH, New Balance
>>> give you "free shipping", 30 days return, and WILL allow you to wear those
>>> shoes, "out-of-doors". Sam Ash (music store) only charges shipping fer
>>> orders under "$10".
>>>
>>> Sure, Amazon will save $$$$ on driving to a large urban center (for me,
>>> that's a 200 mi round trip), but it also promotes spending lotsa $$$$. So,
>>> if you have lotsa money to blow, by all means, get Amazon Prime.
>>>
>>> nb

>>For me, it so worth it to be able to find the things I need, some odd things
>>that stores don't ever have in stock, and also their customer service is
>>second to none as far as I'm concerned. The convenience is a wonderful
>>thing.
>>
>>Cheri
>>

>Very convenient, and especially so for odd items.
>
>And there is that great video streaming capability, too.

You too, it's for the odd things that stores don't bother to carry
anymore. I looked for 2 years in stores in my shopping area for those
little brushy thingies that you use between your teeth. Costco
carried them for awhile and then nothing. I couldn't find them
anywhere.. Then I tried Amazon. I had dozens of choices. Problem
solved. Now Amazon is my first go to.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/11/2018 10:44 AM, Boron Elgar wrote:

> And there is that great video streaming capability, too.

Notta lotta dissimilar material.

I had Netflix AND Amazon Prime. Not enough different movies on Prime.

I once talked to a Netflix droid. He told me the studios determine what
content is allowed and when. Rings true, IME. Been streaming fer 5
yrs, so if Netflix has it, so do most other streaming sites. Likewise,
if most other site have it, so does Netflix.

nb

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 11 Jul 2018 12:14:47 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>"U.S. Janet B." wrote:

>> >I've never gone to Whole Foods very near me. If they want me to
>> >buy, they should advertise. Same with Trader Joes. They used to
>> >mail out a monthly flyer but no longer. Don't hear from them, I
>> >never even think to go there. That said, I've noticed that even
>> >Walmart rarely advertises. Target does with a sampling of
>> >everything from food to household goods, etc At least, I consider
>> >shopping there once a week after seeing the Sunday ads.

>> I guess Target realizes you need the pretty pictures in color to able
>> to tell what the store sells.

>Oh dear....someone is mad at me now, so it seems.
>I like store ads to see what might be on sale.
>Most normal people do.

For stores I regularly shop I signed up to get their weekly sales
circular on line. Some of the larger stores that don't have regular
weekly sale circulars they will usually display sale items on their
web page.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 11 Jul 2018 18:02:31 -0000 (UTC), Wayne Boatwright
> wrote:

snip I
>always do comparison shopping online and have found that merchandise
>prices on Amazon are frequently more than from other online sources.

snip

that is absolutely true. To me that is a given.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 11 Jul 2018 11:49:48 -0600, notbob > wrote:

>On 7/11/2018 10:44 AM, Boron Elgar wrote:
>
>> And there is that great video streaming capability, too.

>Notta lotta dissimilar material.
>
>I had Netflix AND Amazon Prime. Not enough different movies on Prime.
>
>I once talked to a Netflix droid. He told me the studios determine what
>content is allowed and when. Rings true, IME. Been streaming fer 5
>yrs, so if Netflix has it, so do most other streaming sites. Likewise,
>if most other site have it, so does Netflix.
>
>nb

My streaming needs are quite specific at times. Netflix does not carry
Doctor Who in the US, AP does.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 11 Jul 2018 20:21:18 -0000 (UTC), Wayne Boatwright
> wrote:

>On Wed 11 Jul 2018 12:40:42p, Boron Elgar told us...
>
>> On Wed, 11 Jul 2018 11:49:48 -0600, notbob >
>> wrote:

>>>Notta lotta dissimilar material.
>>>
>>>I had Netflix AND Amazon Prime. Not enough different movies on
>>>Prime.
>>>
>>>I once talked to a Netflix droid. He told me the studios
>>>determine what content is allowed and when. Rings true, IME.
>>>Been streaming fer 5 yrs, so if Netflix has it, so do most other
>>>streaming sites. Likewise, if most other site have it, so does
>>>Netflix.
>>>
>>>nb
>>>

>> My streaming needs are quite specific at times. Netflix does not
>> carry Doctor Who in the US, AP does.
>>

>Since I don't watch Dr. Who, it doesn't matter a whit to me. :-)

Kids and I watched the originals in the UK and I haven't watched it
for years but it always surprises me to see how many teens wear Dr Who
related t shirts etc. Back when we watched it, it sure was way ahead
of its time.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 11 Jul 2018 20:21:18 -0000 (UTC), Wayne Boatwright
> wrote:

>On Wed 11 Jul 2018 12:40:42p, Boron Elgar told us...
>
>> On Wed, 11 Jul 2018 11:49:48 -0600, notbob >
>> wrote:

>>>Notta lotta dissimilar material.
>>>
>>>I had Netflix AND Amazon Prime. Not enough different movies on
>>>Prime.
>>>
>>>I once talked to a Netflix droid. He told me the studios
>>>determine what content is allowed and when. Rings true, IME.
>>>Been streaming fer 5 yrs, so if Netflix has it, so do most other
>>>streaming sites. Likewise, if most other site have it, so does
>>>Netflix.
>>>
>>>nb
>>>

>> My streaming needs are quite specific at times. Netflix does not
>> carry Doctor Who in the US, AP does.
>>

>Since I don't watch Dr. Who, it doesn't matter a whit to me. :-)

I came to it late in life. It is quite good.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

https://www.google.ca/search?q=tardi...rlz=1C1GGGE___
>> CA558CA558&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=Ycshfedmm jQ85M%253A%252CA6
>> yVqPVzho_k-M%252C_&usg=__ylvM3eKU0ytBqRdtZLk7lppsWk8%3D&sa=X& ved=2a
>> hUKEwjJprrZo5jcAhXB5YMKHVFTBxsQ9QEwC3oECAEQZA#imgr c=YcshfedmmjQ85M:
>>
>> If this link shows up on your screen the way it does on mine it is
>> the one on the top left and a larger picture below, with the two
>> of them in the doorway.
>>
>> They are a funny couple. They are in our kayak club and have a
>> beautiful tandem kayak that he made. She is quite the
>> conversationalist and he rarely speaks.
>>

> apparently e doesn't need to. :-)

True. He may never get a chance to speak. They remind me a bit o my
parents. My mother was a chatty Cathy and my father rarely spoke.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/11/2018 12:59 PM, Cheri wrote:

> I use the Amazon Firestick on my TV and they do have some really good
> programming. I'm a huge fan of Amazon in all respects.
>
> Cheri

Worth it just to binge watch Bosch.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in message
> On 7/11/2018 12:59 PM, Cheri wrote:
>

>> I use the Amazon Firestick on my TV and they do have some really good
>> programming. I'm a huge fan of Amazon in all respects.
>>
>> Cheri

> Worth it just to binge watch Bosch.

I love Bosch.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/11/2018 3:13 PM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Jul 2018 18:02:31 -0000 (UTC), Wayne Boatwright
> > wrote:
>
> snip I
>> always do comparison shopping online and have found that merchandise
>> prices on Amazon are frequently more than from other online sources.
>>

> snip
>
> that is absolutely true. To me that is a given.

Yes, true, but so is the opposite. We wanted to nut a table of a
particular size and type. My wife found what she wanted at Wayfair. I
looked it up and bought it from Amazon for $20 less and it was shipped
from Wayfair.

Pays to check around for the best deal.