General Cooking (rec.food.cooking) For general food and cooking discussion. Foods of all kinds, food procurement, cooking methods and techniques, eating, etc.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #31 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 11-07-2018, 08:53 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 4
Default Amazon Prime was Whole Foods

On Wed, 11 Jul 2018 06:23:19 -0400, wrote:


Amazon Prime is a gigantic Bargain, anyone who complains about the
yearly fee has sawdust for brains.


You REALLY have to be careful to deal directly with Amazon rather than
affiliatees. You'll the product or a refund either way, but thru an
affiliate, it may take months to get either.




  #32 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 11-07-2018, 10:31 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 12,968
Default Amazon Prime was Whole Foods

On Wed, 11 Jul 2018 20:21:18 -0000 (UTC), Wayne Boatwright
wrote:

On Wed 11 Jul 2018 12:40:42p, Boron Elgar told us...

On Wed, 11 Jul 2018 11:49:48 -0600, notbob
wrote:

On 7/11/2018 10:44 AM, Boron Elgar wrote:

And there is that great video streaming capability, too.

Notta lotta dissimilar material.

I had Netflix AND Amazon Prime. Not enough different movies on
Prime.

I once talked to a Netflix droid. He told me the studios
determine what content is allowed and when. Rings true, IME.
Been streaming fer 5 yrs, so if Netflix has it, so do most other
streaming sites. Likewise, if most other site have it, so does
Netflix.

nb


My streaming needs are quite specific at times. Netflix does not
carry Doctor Who in the US, AP does.


Since I don't watch Dr. Who, it doesn't matter a whit to me. :-)


Kids and I watched the originals in the UK and I haven't watched it
for years but it always surprises me to see how many teens wear Dr Who
related t shirts etc. Back when we watched it, it sure was way ahead
of its time.
  #34 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 11-07-2018, 11:09 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 2,487
Default Amazon Prime was Whole Foods

On Wed, 11 Jul 2018 20:21:18 -0000 (UTC), Wayne Boatwright
wrote:

On Wed 11 Jul 2018 12:40:42p, Boron Elgar told us...

On Wed, 11 Jul 2018 11:49:48 -0600, notbob
wrote:

On 7/11/2018 10:44 AM, Boron Elgar wrote:

And there is that great video streaming capability, too.

Notta lotta dissimilar material.

I had Netflix AND Amazon Prime. Not enough different movies on
Prime.

I once talked to a Netflix droid. He told me the studios
determine what content is allowed and when. Rings true, IME.
Been streaming fer 5 yrs, so if Netflix has it, so do most other
streaming sites. Likewise, if most other site have it, so does
Netflix.

nb


My streaming needs are quite specific at times. Netflix does not
carry Doctor Who in the US, AP does.


Since I don't watch Dr. Who, it doesn't matter a whit to me. :-)



I came to it late in life. It is quite good.
  #37 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 12-07-2018, 02:13 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 30,213
Default Amazon Prime was Whole Foods

On 2018-07-11 8:59 PM, Wayne Boatwright wrote:
On Wed 11 Jul 2018 05:17:35p, Dave Smith told us...

On 2018-07-11 7:48 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 11 Jul 2018 18:04:17 -0400, Dave Smith
wrote:

On 2018-07-11 5:31 PM,
wrote:
On Wed, 11 Jul 2018 20:21:18 -0000 (UTC), Wayne Boatwright
wrote:


My streaming needs are quite specific at times. Netflix does
not carry Doctor Who in the US, AP does.


Since I don't watch Dr. Who, it doesn't matter a whit to me.
:-)

Kids and I watched the originals in the UK and I haven't
watched it for years but it always surprises me to see how many
teens wear Dr Who related t shirts etc. Back when we watched
it, it sure was way ahead of its time.


I have tried to watch it but just couldn't get into it. A friend
down the road is a big fan. He even built a TARDIS phone booth
in his front yard.

lol - like to see that.


https://www.google.ca/search?q=tardi...rlz=1C1GGGE___
CA558CA558&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=Ycshfedmm jQ85M%253A%252CA6
yVqPVzho_k-M%252C_&usg=__ylvM3eKU0ytBqRdtZLk7lppsWk8%3D&sa=X& ved=2a
hUKEwjJprrZo5jcAhXB5YMKHVFTBxsQ9QEwC3oECAEQZA#imgr c=YcshfedmmjQ85M:

If this link shows up on your screen the way it does on mine it is
the one on the top left and a larger picture below, with the two
of them in the doorway.

They are a funny couple. They are in our kayak club and have a
beautiful tandem kayak that he made. She is quite the
conversationalist and he rarely speaks.



apparently e doesn't need to. :-)


True. He may never get a chance to speak. They remind me a bit o my
parents. My mother was a chatty Cathy and my father rarely spoke.

  #38 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 12-07-2018, 02:38 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 12,822
Default Amazon Prime was Whole Foods

On 7/11/2018 12:59 PM, Cheri wrote:


I use the Amazon Firestick on my TV and they do have some really good
programming. I'm a huge fan of Amazon in all respects.

Cheri


Worth it just to binge watch Bosch.
  #39 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 12-07-2018, 02:42 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 14,275
Default Amazon Prime was Whole Foods

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message
...
On 7/11/2018 12:59 PM, Cheri wrote:


I use the Amazon Firestick on my TV and they do have some really good
programming. I'm a huge fan of Amazon in all respects.

Cheri


Worth it just to binge watch Bosch.



I love Bosch.

Cheri

  #40 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 12-07-2018, 02:44 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 12,822
Default I guess I'll try Whole Foods between 7/14-17

On 7/11/2018 3:13 PM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
On Wed, 11 Jul 2018 18:02:31 -0000 (UTC), Wayne Boatwright
wrote:

snip I
always do comparison shopping online and have found that merchandise
prices on Amazon are frequently more than from other online sources.

snip

that is absolutely true. To me that is a given.


Yes, true, but so is the opposite. We wanted to nut a table of a
particular size and type. My wife found what she wanted at Wayfair. I
looked it up and bought it from Amazon for $20 less and it was shipped
from Wayfair.

Pays to check around for the best deal.


  #41 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 12-07-2018, 02:49 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 12,822
Default I guess I'll try Whole Foods between 7/14-17

On 7/11/2018 10:07 AM, Nancy Young wrote:

I've never thought What's on sale at Whole Foods? and gone there
for that purpose.

nancy


I've not been there since Wegman's opened. We used to go there once in
a while to get things our local stores did not have.
  #42 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 12-07-2018, 02:49 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 3,196
Default I guess I'll try Whole Foods between 7/14-17

On 2018-07-11 7:44 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 7/11/2018 3:13 PM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
On Wed, 11 Jul 2018 18:02:31 -0000 (UTC), Wayne Boatwright
wrote:

snip¬* I
always do comparison shopping online and have found that merchandise
prices on Amazon are frequently more than from other online sources.

snip

that is absolutely true.¬* To me that is a given.


Yes, true, but so is the opposite.¬* We wanted to nut a table of a
particular size and type.¬* My wife found what she wanted at Wayfair.¬* I
looked it up and bought it from Amazon for $20 less and it was shipped
from Wayfair.


And of course, that is why conventional shops and department stores are
struggling.
  #43 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 12-07-2018, 03:04 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 12,822
Default I guess I'll try Whole Foods between 7/14-17

On 7/11/2018 12:48 PM, Cheri wrote:


I like the ads that come in the newspaper on Saturdays where I am, and
the ads that come in the mail on Tuesdays for groceries. Maybe we're
abnormal. ;-)

Cheri


Rarely look at them. Now I get an email on Thursday and it has al the
coupons for the week. I click on them and add them to my card for
automatic price at checkout.
  #44 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 12-07-2018, 03:16 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 1,755
Default I guess I'll try Whole Foods between 7/14-17

On Wed, 11 Jul 2018 19:49:35 -0600, graham wrote:

On 2018-07-11 7:44 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 7/11/2018 3:13 PM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
On Wed, 11 Jul 2018 18:02:31 -0000 (UTC), Wayne Boatwright
wrote:

snip* I
always do comparison shopping online and have found that merchandise
prices on Amazon are frequently more than from other online sources.

snip

that is absolutely true.* To me that is a given.


Yes, true, but so is the opposite.* We wanted to nut a table of a
particular size and type.* My wife found what she wanted at Wayfair.* I
looked it up and bought it from Amazon for $20 less and it was shipped
from Wayfair.


And of course, that is why conventional shops and department stores are
struggling.


The world is changing. They have to change with it.
  #45 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 12-07-2018, 03:51 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 10,104
Default I guess I'll try Whole Foods between 7/14-17

On Wednesday, July 11, 2018 at 6:14:44 AM UTC-10, Gary wrote:

Oh dear....someone is mad at me now, so it seems.
I like store ads to see what might be on sale.
Most normal people do.


Yes, normal people that were born over 50 years ago.


Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Gluten-Free Foods are no Healthier Than Regular Foods, Study Finds graham[_4_] General Cooking 29 10-07-2015 08:32 AM
NICE FOODS,HEALTH FOODS---------It will enable your life is full ofexuberant energy [email protected] General Cooking 0 28-05-2008 05:31 PM
NICE FOODS,HEALTH FOODS---------It will enable your life is full ofexuberant energy kungfuer[_2_] General Cooking 0 28-05-2008 08:23 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:54 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2004-2018 FoodBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Food and drink"

 

Copyright © 2017