Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default U.S. government does it again

U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> On Thu, 12 Jul 2018 17:26:06 -0400, wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 13 Jul 2018 06:29:58 +1000, Druce >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> On Thu, 12 Jul 2018 16:22:45 -0400, Boron Elgar

>>> In the Catholic church, there are members commiting crimes. In the
>>> Church of Scientology, the system is criminal.

>> Who gives a shit, you're all LYING *EVIL* DOUCHEBAGS... no different
>>from any other religion.

> Sheldon, if you are going to reply to something, please read and
> follow so that you understand what is going on and don't make a dumb
> comment

Popeye don't need to comprehend anything. He's da man, da bestest,
strongest spinach-eating sailor *ever*

Popeye humped nuns in the vatican, so he's an expert on all religion and
wild sex. Got it?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>> Who gives a shit, you're all LYING *EVIL* DOUCHEBAGS... no different
>> >from any other religion.

>> Sheldon, if you are going to reply to something, please read and
>> follow so that you understand what is going on and don't make a dumb
>> comment

> Hey Janet if you think you can rationalise with him, or change his
> potty mouth after all this time and vodka, good luck with that

Shit, that ship sailed long ago, whilst Popeye was drowned in a tub of
Crystal Palace.

Too late.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>> Who gives a shit, you're all LYING *EVIL* DOUCHEBAGS... no different
>> >from any other religion.

>> Sheldon, if you are going to reply to something, please read and
>> follow so that you understand what is going on and don't make a dumb
>> comment.

> I've no doubt that you enjoy church for you're getting gang banged by
> the priests and sexually servicing the sisters since you were six
> years old. and still. Amd you'ree

Popeye, pour me a glass of that liquor, I'll jine yoose and toast the navy.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:
> On Fri, 13 Jul 2018 06:21:10 +1000, Druce >
> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 12 Jul 2018 16:17:34 -0400, Boron Elgar
>> > wrote:

>>> Um...may I remind you of various religions' involvement with child
>>> molestation or money scams or what happened to the Rohingya in Myanmar
>>> over the past year or two or Isis or similar horrific dealings in the
>>> name of religious beliefs.
>>>
>>> Ain't no religion that has a monopoly on this.

>> Terrible things happen in far away lands. Scientology is part of our
>> countries.

> Yet another BOGUS belief.

Yoose yam what yoose yam Popeye.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:
> graham wrote:

> Child molestation is NOT celibacy... there's never been a religious
> leader, male and especially female, who hasn't/doesn't practice sexual
> molestation with children... as do many school teachers.

>>> But are they generalizations? There are enough of them that I don't
>>> trust any of them but I'm sure there are some good people that don't
>>> brag or tell others how to live their life while doing the opposite.

>> They certainly appear to enjoy "bigly" the power they have over their
>> congregations! A significant number live high off the hog whilst their
>> followers are persuaded (usually with the threat of "dis-fellowship") to
>> donate more and more of their hard-earned money. Washington doesn't have
>> the guts to tax them properly either.

> AMEN! And the synonym for 'preacher' is 'perjurer'.

Yoose are a sorry SOB Popeye. As low down as a snake's belly. Yoose are
really disgusting.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 12 Jul 2018 17:27:23 -0500, Hank Rogers >
wrote:

>Druce wrote:
>> On Thu, 12 Jul 2018 15:40:13 -0400, Boron Elgar
>> > wrote:

>>> One can hardly criticize Thetans from the vantage of belief in a
>>> resurrected son of a god, advice from someone who listens to a burning
>>> bush or even thinks there is a Cosmic Turtle.
>>>
>>> When you start picking apart most of the world's major religions, a
>>> lot of the myths pretty funny.

>> The problem with Scientology isn't so much that they belief in crazy
>> stuff, but that it's a criminal, sadistic organisation. And their
>> crimes aren't excesses, but part of their belief system.
>>

>L. Ron Hubbard was the jebus of scientology. A truly rotten, low down,
>narcissistic, SOB, just like our Popeye.
>
>The good thing about the scieno cult was that people who were not rich,
>were not pursued by the cult.

True, except if you're happy to join Sea Org, their clergy. Then you
don't need to pay for courses, books etc.

One big difference between religions and the cult of Scientology is
that if you want to leave the Catholic, Protestant, Jewish etc.
church, you're free to do so. Leaving the Church of Scientology is a
different matter. Especially for a member of Sea Org. They'll bully
you, separate you from your relatives, tell lies about you to your
neighbours, send PIs after you. It doesn't stop.

It would be bad for his career if people knew John Travolta's ***, but
it's not bad for his career that he's a member of this cult. Weird.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:
> On Thu, 12 Jul 2018 14:33:44 -0400, Dave Smith
> > wrote:

>>> They certainly appear to enjoy "bigly" the power they have over their
>>> congregations! A significant number live high off the hog whilst their
>>> followers are persuaded (usually with the threat of "dis-fellowship") to
>>> donate more and more of their hard-earned money. Washington doesn't have
>>> the guts to tax them properly either.

>> I am not at all religious, but I can see giving churches a break on
>> taxes. The way I figure it is that they are publicly owned and operated
>> by the people. The offer space for community activities and public
>> support services. However, they have certainly been cases of abuse over
>> the years. They have been used to support and to enrich the already
>> powerful. They have been used to push political agendas. They have also
>> been used to finance the opulent lifestyles of their leaders... like
>> Jimmy and Tammy Faye Bakker.
>>
>> I had to deal with a number of churches when I was working. I was
>> surprised to learn that a lot of the new fundamentalist churches were
>> corporations, usually numbered companies doing business as....
>> I don't mind cutting them slack on the legitimate good work that they
>> do, but there need to be some rules about how the earn, use and invest
>> their money to ensure that the "church" is not just a money making
>> scheme taking advantage of people who are trying to be good.

> I think they should be taxed, or when they sell the profit should be
> taxed. The RC church had a monastery, a convent and a school on what
> became a prime piece of commercial property in the early 80s. When
> they sold it, it went for millions. At that point they should have
> had to pay a levy for all the 'tax' less years.

Didn't Thomas Jefferson want to tax the churches? It seems fair, as they
are just in the Jebus retail bussiness.

Of course, there would be tax exemptions for nuns that sell sex to sailors.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 13 Jul 2018 07:01:34 +1000, Druce >
wrote:

>On Thu, 12 Jul 2018 16:44:42 -0400, Boron Elgar
> wrote:

>>And if you want me to add a whole bunch more to this, I can. There is
>>no diff in the dipshits of COS than the dipshits of the Catholic
>>church or the dipshits like Osteen or dipshits of any other religion,
>>here or overseas.

>You need a lot more information about the Church of Scientology than
>you have at the moment.

On the contrary, I have been studying them for years. Before they
began their "popularity" they had a center around the block from where
I lived in NYC. A friend and I used to engage the their street
recruiters - shall we say - as often as possible.

I find it difficult to make qualitative comparisons once one gets to
baseline evil.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 12 Jul 2018 19:31:24 -0400, Boron Elgar
> wrote:

>On Fri, 13 Jul 2018 07:01:34 +1000, Druce >
>wrote:
>
>>You need a lot more information about the Church of Scientology than
>>you have at the moment.

>On the contrary, I have been studying them for years. Before they
>began their "popularity" they had a center around the block from where
>I lived in NYC. A friend and I used to engage the their street
>recruiters - shall we say - as often as possible.
>
>I find it difficult to make qualitative comparisons once one gets to
>baseline evil.

True.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Druce wrote:
> On Thu, 12 Jul 2018 19:31:24 -0400, Boron Elgar
> > wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 13 Jul 2018 07:01:34 +1000, Druce >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> You need a lot more information about the Church of Scientology than
>>> you have at the moment.

>> On the contrary, I have been studying them for years. Before they
>> began their "popularity" they had a center around the block from where
>> I lived in NYC. A friend and I used to engage the their street
>> recruiters - shall we say - as often as possible.
>>
>> I find it difficult to make qualitative comparisons once one gets to
>> baseline evil.

> True.

I did get a kick out of hubbard auditing a damn tomato. Wonder if he ate
it in a scieno salad afterwards

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/12/2018 6:05 PM, Hank Rogers wrote:

> I did get a kick out of hubbard auditing a damn tomato. Wonder if he ate
> it in a scieno salad afterwards

He wasn't "clear" on that.

nb

Posted to rec.food.cooking

notbob wrote:
> On 7/12/2018 6:05 PM, Hank Rogers wrote:
>
>> I did get a kick out of hubbard auditing a damn tomato. Wonder if he
>> ate it in a scieno salad afterwards

> He wasn't "clear" on that.
>
> nb

Yes. I s'pose he might have roasted it on the wall of fire instead of
making a salad.

Spot a spot.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, July 12, 2018 at 5:02:56 PM UTC-4, dsi1 wrote:
> On Thursday, July 12, 2018 at 10:14:37 AM UTC-10, Sheldon wrote:
> >
> > Every religion without exception is a myth, and that is pretty sad
> > that billions of the world's people faithfully swallow the big lies
> > hook, line, and sinker.

> Believing in something bigger than ourselves is built into our DNA. It is the byproduct of our awareness of self and the passing of time and the knowledge that one day we will die. People may bitch about religion but the alternative would be to live like animals in a savage wilderness. It is a great and wonderful gift that we have received.

Believing in something bigger than ourselves is taught. It's a product
of Homo sapiens' storytelling culture.

I keep hoping the species will outgrow the desire to believe in
Santa Claus (rewarding good behavior, punishing bad behavior),
but it's an uphill slog.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 13 Jul 2018 03:17:30 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Thursday, July 12, 2018 at 5:02:56 PM UTC-4, dsi1 wrote:
>> On Thursday, July 12, 2018 at 10:14:37 AM UTC-10, Sheldon wrote:
>> >
>> > Every religion without exception is a myth, and that is pretty sad
>> > that billions of the world's people faithfully swallow the big lies
>> > hook, line, and sinker.

>> Believing in something bigger than ourselves is built into our DNA. It is the byproduct of our awareness of self and the passing of time and the knowledge that one day we will die. People may bitch about religion but the alternative would be to live like animals in a savage wilderness. It is a great and wonderful gift that we have received.

>Believing in something bigger than ourselves is taught. It's a product
>of Homo sapiens' storytelling culture.
>
>I keep hoping the species will outgrow the desire to believe in
>Santa Claus (rewarding good behavior, punishing bad behavior),
>but it's an uphill slog.

63% of Hawaiians are Christians. That means those stupid rock dwellers
have taken on the religion of the oppressor.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/12/2018 5:49 PM, Cheri wrote:
> In article >, penmart01
> @aol.com Sheldon says...
>> Who gives a shit, you're all LYING *EVIL* DOUCHEBAGS... no different
>> from any other religion.
>>

> You kikes are the worst of the bunch.
>
> https://imgur.com/a/UmggyIG LOL!

Kohen Katz!!!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Druce wrote:

> 63% of Hawaiians are Christians. That means those stupid rock dwellers
> have taken on the religion of the oppressor.

IMO, the stupid people are those that don't keep an open mind
about whether there is a God or not. No one knows for sure (until
you die). Main thing is avoid either extreme.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-07-13 10:17 AM, Gary wrote:
> Druce wrote:
>>
>> 63% of Hawaiians are Christians. That means those stupid rock dwellers
>> have taken on the religion of the oppressor.

> IMO, the stupid people are those that don't keep an open mind
> about whether there is a God or not. No one knows for sure (until
> you die). Main thing is avoid either extreme.

The trouble is that if you keep an open mind, there is a very real
danger that your brains will fall out!!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, July 13, 2018 at 12:17:01 PM UTC-4, Gary wrote:
> Druce wrote:
> >
> > 63% of Hawaiians are Christians. That means those stupid rock dwellers
> > have taken on the religion of the oppressor.

> IMO, the stupid people are those that don't keep an open mind
> about whether there is a God or not. No one knows for sure (until
> you die). Main thing is avoid either extreme.

I don't see why dying would necessarily answer the question. Even
if there is a God, death might just be like snuffing out a candle.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, July 13, 2018 at 12:17:34 AM UTC-10, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> Believing in something bigger than ourselves is taught. It's a product
> of Homo sapiens' storytelling culture.
>
> I keep hoping the species will outgrow the desire to believe in
> Santa Claus (rewarding good behavior, punishing bad behavior),
> but it's an uphill slog.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

Our ability/need to see patterns and fill in the blanks is in our DNA. It is a great gift and part of what makes us human. Don't disdain the gift.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

graham wrote:

> On 2018-07-13 10:17 AM, Gary wrote:
> > Druce wrote:
> >>
> >> 63% of Hawaiians are Christians. That means those stupid rock dwellers
> >> have taken on the religion of the oppressor.

> > IMO, the stupid people are those that don't keep an open mind
> > about whether there is a God or not. No one knows for sure (until
> > you die). Main thing is avoid either extreme.
> >

> The trouble is that if you keep an open mind, there is a very real
> danger that your brains will fall out!!

According to a few here, I have no brains, can't cook, think
McDonald's is "fine dining," and I actually know nothing about
anything. No worries here, I suppose.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> On Friday, July 13, 2018 at 12:17:01 PM UTC-4, Gary wrote:
> > Druce wrote:
> > >
> > > 63% of Hawaiians are Christians. That means those stupid rock dwellers
> > > have taken on the religion of the oppressor.

> > IMO, the stupid people are those that don't keep an open mind
> > about whether there is a God or not. No one knows for sure (until
> > you die). Main thing is avoid either extreme.

> I don't see why dying would necessarily answer the question. Even
> if there is a God, death might just be like snuffing out a candle.

I dated a JW once and we debated the religious thing. She told
me, Gary, you're such a nice guy, I can't believe you wouldn't
want to live forever. They don't believe in Hell, you just cease
to exist if you aren't a JW. I told her just that. If I don't
live forever, I'll just cease to exist and I won't even realize
that I'm not living forever. No worries.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, July 13, 2018 at 12:53:03 PM UTC-4, dsi1 wrote:
> On Friday, July 13, 2018 at 12:17:34 AM UTC-10, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> > Believing in something bigger than ourselves is taught. It's a product
> > of Homo sapiens' storytelling culture.
> >
> > I keep hoping the species will outgrow the desire to believe in
> > Santa Claus (rewarding good behavior, punishing bad behavior),
> > but it's an uphill slog.
> >
> > Cindy Hamilton

> Our ability/need to see patterns and fill in the blanks is in our DNA. It is a great gift and part of what makes us human. Don't disdain the gift.

Our ability to see patterns is a gift from evolution. The ones who
couldn't see patterns (everything from the turn of the seasons to
the tiger in the brush) died early.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 13 Jul 2018 12:17:05 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>Druce wrote:
>>
>> 63% of Hawaiians are Christians. That means those stupid rock dwellers
>> have taken on the religion of the oppressor.

>IMO, the stupid people are those that don't keep an open mind
>about whether there is a God or not. No one knows for sure (until
>you die). Main thing is avoid either extreme.

Believe what you want, but why take on the religion of the oppressor?
Is that Stockholm syndrome?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 13 Jul 2018 13:28:34 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>graham wrote:

>> > IMO, the stupid people are those that don't keep an open mind
>> > about whether there is a God or not. No one knows for sure (until
>> > you die). Main thing is avoid either extreme.
>> >

>> The trouble is that if you keep an open mind, there is a very real
>> danger that your brains will fall out!!

>According to a few here, I have no brains,

not me

>can't cook,

not me

>think McDonald's is "fine dining,"

present!

>and I actually know nothing about
>anything.

not me
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 13 Jul 2018 09:52:58 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
wrote:

>On Friday, July 13, 2018 at 12:17:34 AM UTC-10, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>> Believing in something bigger than ourselves is taught. It's a product
>> of Homo sapiens' storytelling culture.
>>
>> I keep hoping the species will outgrow the desire to believe in
>> Santa Claus (rewarding good behavior, punishing bad behavior),
>> but it's an uphill slog.
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton

>Our ability/need to see patterns and fill in the blanks is in our DNA. It is a great gift and part of what makes us human. Don't disdain the gift.

lol

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 13 Jul 2018 12:18:03 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Friday, July 13, 2018 at 12:53:03 PM UTC-4, dsi1 wrote:
>> On Friday, July 13, 2018 at 12:17:34 AM UTC-10, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>> > Believing in something bigger than ourselves is taught. It's a product
>> > of Homo sapiens' storytelling culture.
>> >
>> > I keep hoping the species will outgrow the desire to believe in
>> > Santa Claus (rewarding good behavior, punishing bad behavior),
>> > but it's an uphill slog.
>> >
>> > Cindy Hamilton

>> Our ability/need to see patterns and fill in the blanks is in our DNA. It is a great gift and part of what makes us human. Don't disdain the gift.

>Our ability to see patterns is a gift from evolution. The ones who
>couldn't see patterns (everything from the turn of the seasons to
>the tiger in the brush) died early.

Why did Trump get elected then?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, July 13, 2018 at 9:18:07 AM UTC-10, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> Our ability to see patterns is a gift from evolution. The ones who
> couldn't see patterns (everything from the turn of the seasons to
> the tiger in the brush) died early.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

As we all know, DNA has an important relationship to evolution. Without DNA, most life on this planet would be low-order plant life - if even that.

The ability to ponder our place in the universe is not really important for the survival of a species. The vast majority of life on Earth give no thought to their mortality or to their future. Most animals have not considered religion nor have they rejected it. It is something not conceivable to them. Religion is the providence known only to man. Bitching about religion is like complaining that we're human.

People think that religion is the cause of all our problems but if you want something truly terrifying, consider a Godless universe. I wonder if you can...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 13 Jul 2018 14:37:44 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
wrote:

>On Friday, July 13, 2018 at 9:18:07 AM UTC-10, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>>
>> Our ability to see patterns is a gift from evolution. The ones who
>> couldn't see patterns (everything from the turn of the seasons to
>> the tiger in the brush) died early.
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton

>As we all know, DNA has an important relationship to evolution. Without DNA, most life on this planet would be low-order plant life - if even that.
>
>The ability to ponder our place in the universe is not really important for the survival of a species. The vast majority of life on Earth give no thought to their mortality or to their future. Most animals have not considered religion nor have they rejected it. It is something not conceivable to them. Religion is the providence known only to man. Bitching about religion is like complaining that we're human.
>
>People think that religion is the cause of all our problems but if you want something truly terrifying, consider a Godless universe. I wonder if you can...

Everything you say about religion also applies to daytime television.

"The ability to watch daytime television is not really important for
the survival of a species. The vast majority of life on Earth give no
thought to daytime television. Most animals have not considered
daytime television nor have they rejected it. It is something not
conceivable to them. Daytime television is the providence known only
to man. Bitching about daytime television is like complaining that
we're human. "
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-07-13 3:37 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> On Friday, July 13, 2018 at 9:18:07 AM UTC-10, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>>
>> Our ability to see patterns is a gift from evolution. The ones who
>> couldn't see patterns (everything from the turn of the seasons to
>> the tiger in the brush) died early.
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton

> As we all know, DNA has an important relationship to evolution. Without DNA, most life on this planet would be low-order plant life - if even that.
>
> The ability to ponder our place in the universe is not really important for the survival of a species. The vast majority of life on Earth give no thought to their mortality or to their future. Most animals have not considered religion nor have they rejected it. It is something not conceivable to them. Religion is the providence known only to man. Bitching about religion is like complaining that we're human.
>
> People think that religion is the cause of all our problems

It is certainly the cause of a very, very large number of problems!

but if you want something truly terrifying, consider a Godless
universe. I wonder if you can...

Yes, I have! Since entering my teens! It's comforting!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 13 Jul 2018 16:51:03 -0600, graham > wrote:

>On 2018-07-13 3:37 PM, dsi1 wrote:
>> On Friday, July 13, 2018 at 9:18:07 AM UTC-10, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>>>
>>> Our ability to see patterns is a gift from evolution. The ones who
>>> couldn't see patterns (everything from the turn of the seasons to
>>> the tiger in the brush) died early.
>>>
>>> Cindy Hamilton

>> As we all know, DNA has an important relationship to evolution. Without DNA, most life on this planet would be low-order plant life - if even that.
>>
>> The ability to ponder our place in the universe is not really important for the survival of a species. The vast majority of life on Earth give no thought to their mortality or to their future. Most animals have not considered religion nor have they rejected it. It is something not conceivable to them. Religion is the providence known only to man. Bitching about religion is like complaining that we're human.
>>
>> People think that religion is the cause of all our problems

>It is certainly the cause of a very, very large number of problems!
>
> but if you want something truly terrifying, consider a Godless
>universe. I wonder if you can...
>>

>Yes, I have! Since entering my teens! It's comforting!

religion was the organization of and impetus for our advancement as a
species,

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, July 13, 2018 at 12:51:05 PM UTC-10, graham wrote:
> On 2018-07-13 3:37 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> > As we all know, DNA has an important relationship to evolution. Without DNA, most life on this planet would be low-order plant life - if even that..
> >
> > The ability to ponder our place in the universe is not really important for the survival of a species. The vast majority of life on Earth give no thought to their mortality or to their future. Most animals have not considered religion nor have they rejected it. It is something not conceivable to them. Religion is the providence known only to man. Bitching about religion is like complaining that we're human.
> >
> > People think that religion is the cause of all our problems

> It is certainly the cause of a very, very large number of problems!
>
> but if you want something truly terrifying, consider a Godless
> universe. I wonder if you can...
> >

> Yes, I have! Since entering my teens! It's comforting!

I won't say that you're wrong in your nihilist view of existence because you could be absolutely right. I prefer not to face what might be the horrible truth. I also believe that you should never go into the kitchen of your favorite Chinese restaurant. Same thing...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 13 Jul 2018 16:37:07 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
wrote:

>On Friday, July 13, 2018 at 12:51:05 PM UTC-10, graham wrote:
>> On 2018-07-13 3:37 PM, dsi1 wrote:
>> > As we all know, DNA has an important relationship to evolution. Without DNA, most life on this planet would be low-order plant life - if even that.
>> >
>> > The ability to ponder our place in the universe is not really important for the survival of a species. The vast majority of life on Earth give no thought to their mortality or to their future. Most animals have not considered religion nor have they rejected it. It is something not conceivable to them. Religion is the providence known only to man. Bitching about religion is like complaining that we're human.
>> >
>> > People think that religion is the cause of all our problems

>> It is certainly the cause of a very, very large number of problems!
>>
>> but if you want something truly terrifying, consider a Godless
>> universe. I wonder if you can...
>> >

>> Yes, I have! Since entering my teens! It's comforting!

>I won't say that you're wrong in your nihilist view of existence because you could be absolutely right. I prefer not to face what might be the horrible truth. I also believe that you should never go into the kitchen of your favorite Chinese restaurant. Same thing...

Nihism includes the idea that life is meaningless/valueless, so you
are either using the word incorrectly, or you're stupid, or both.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/13/2018 6:51 PM, graham wrote:

> Â*but if you want something truly terrifying, consider a Godless
> universe. I wonder if you can...
>>

> Yes, I have! Since entering my teens! It's comforting!

What is needed is respecting each other. Don't need clergy to tell you
that.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 13 Jul 2018 16:51:03 -0600, graham > wrote:

>On 2018-07-13 3:37 PM, dsi1 wrote:
>> On Friday, July 13, 2018 at 9:18:07 AM UTC-10, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>>>
>>> Our ability to see patterns is a gift from evolution. The ones who
>>> couldn't see patterns (everything from the turn of the seasons to
>>> the tiger in the brush) died early.
>>>
>>> Cindy Hamilton

>> As we all know, DNA has an important relationship to evolution. Without DNA, most life on this planet would be low-order plant life - if even that.
>>
>> The ability to ponder our place in the universe is not really important for the survival of a species. The vast majority of life on Earth give no thought to their mortality or to their future. Most animals have not considered religion nor have they rejected it. It is something not conceivable to them. Religion is the providence known only to man. Bitching about religion is like complaining that we're human.
>>
>> People think that religion is the cause of all our problems

>It is certainly the cause of a very, very large number of problems!
>
> but if you want something truly terrifying, consider a Godless
>universe. I wonder if you can...
>>

>Yes, I have! Since entering my teens! It's comforting!

God's only excuse is that he doesn't exist - Stendhal
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 13 Jul 2018 20:52:52 -0300, wrote:

>On Fri, 13 Jul 2018 16:51:03 -0600, graham > wrote:

>>> As we all know, DNA has an important relationship to evolution. Without DNA, most life on this planet would be low-order plant life - if even that.
>>>
>>> The ability to ponder our place in the universe is not really important for the survival of a species. The vast majority of life on Earth give no thought to their mortality or to their future. Most animals have not considered religion nor have they rejected it. It is something not conceivable to them. Religion is the providence known only to man. Bitching about religion is like complaining that we're human.
>>>
>>> People think that religion is the cause of all our problems

>>It is certainly the cause of a very, very large number of problems!
>>
>> but if you want something truly terrifying, consider a Godless
>>universe. I wonder if you can...
>>>

>>Yes, I have! Since entering my teens! It's comforting!

>God's only excuse is that he doesn't exist - Stendhal

You're like an ant that lives in a bucket. It has never been outside
the bucket. It thinks the bucket is the universe. It thinks it knows
everything.

You know nuttin' and neither do I.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-07-13 5:45 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 7/13/2018 6:51 PM, graham wrote:
>

>> Â*Â*but if you want something truly terrifying, consider a Godless
>> universe. I wonder if you can...
>>>

>> Yes, I have! Since entering my teens! It's comforting!

> What is needed is respecting each other.Â* Don't need clergy to tell you
> that.

In respecting a person, one doesn't have to respect his/her beliefs.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, July 13, 2018 at 1:44:18 PM UTC-10, Boron Elgar wrote:

> Nihism includes the idea that life is meaningless/valueless, so you
> are either using the word incorrectly, or you're stupid, or both.

Hey Einstein, I know what nihilism means. I prefer to use words that I understand. Life goes much smoother that way.

I might be stupid but I'm not using the word incorrectly. OTOH, in my book "stupid" is an improvement over "****ing moron" so it looks like your opinion of me has brightened up considerably.

Aloha!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 13 Jul 2018 19:10:42 -0600, graham > wrote:

>On 2018-07-13 5:45 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>> On 7/13/2018 6:51 PM, graham wrote:
>>

>>> **but if you want something truly terrifying, consider a Godless
>>> universe. I wonder if you can...
>>>>
>>> Yes, I have! Since entering my teens! It's comforting!

>> What is needed is respecting each other.* Don't need clergy to tell you
>> that.

>In respecting a person, one doesn't have to respect his/her beliefs.

You can't do one without the other.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, July 13, 2018 at 3:10:45 PM UTC-10, graham wrote:

> In respecting a person, one doesn't have to respect his/her beliefs.

I don't consider a person's religion or lack of religion to be any kind of problem. Conflict arises when people have no respect for each other's beliefs. Of course, that's merely my belief.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-07-13 8:16 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> On Friday, July 13, 2018 at 3:10:45 PM UTC-10, graham wrote:
>>
>> In respecting a person, one doesn't have to respect his/her beliefs.

> I don't consider a person's religion or lack of religion to be any kind of problem. Conflict arises when people have no respect for each other's beliefs. Of course, that's merely my belief.

Let me put it another way. One can respect a person's right to hold
religious beliefs. You don't have to respect (or admire) those beliefs.