Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Again, the best Indian restaurant in STL!

On Tuesday, July 17, 2018 at 9:04:13 PM UTC-5, Druce wrote:
> On Tue, 17 Jul 2018 18:53:56 -0700 (PDT), "
> > wrote:

> >> Should have replaced the floor tile...
> >>

> >Why?

> Why indeed. Maybe the heater can use a coat of paint, but it's a
> detail.

The radiator could use sandblasting and repainting. :-( But it does not leak and works! So until the gas fired "boiler" in the basement keeps supplying hot water for the heat in the Winter...

I'd love to have this whole house off fossil fuels before I die!
WHEN it finally quits, going to all electric!

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

John Kuthe wrote:
> On Tuesday, July 17, 2018 at 6:14:10 PM UTC-5, Alex wrote:
>> Should have replaced the floor tile...

> What, do you think am made of MONERY?
>
> Existing tile floor was fine to pass inspection.
>
> John Kuthe...

And the windows weren't? Priorities...

You often said something along the lines of "I can afford it!!!!!"

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:
> On Tuesday, July 17, 2018 at 6:14:10 PM UTC-5, Alex wrote:

https://images.craigslist.org/00s0s_...8C_600x450.jpg
>> Should have replaced the floor tile...
>>

> Why?

It looks like an old gas station bathroom floor!! The money would have
been better spent on that than the stained glass window(s)!!!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

John Kuthe wrote:
> On Tuesday, July 17, 2018 at 9:04:13 PM UTC-5, Druce wrote:
>> On Tue, 17 Jul 2018 18:53:56 -0700 (PDT), "
>> > wrote:

>>> Why?

>> Why indeed. Maybe the heater can use a coat of paint, but it's a
>> detail.

> The radiator could use sandblasting and repainting. :-( But it does not leak and works! So until the gas fired "boiler" in the basement keeps supplying hot water for the heat in the Winter...
>
> I'd love to have this whole house off fossil fuels before I die!
> WHEN it finally quits, going to all electric!
>
> John Kuthe...

Boilers are very inefficient.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 18 Jul 2018 19:45:09 -0400, Alex > wrote:

wrote:
>>> Should have replaced the floor tile...
>>>

>> Why?
>>

>It looks like an old gas station bathroom floor!! The money would have
>been better spent on that than the stained glass window(s)!!!

Why do you worry so much?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, July 18, 2018 at 6:43:49 PM UTC-5, Alex wrote:
> John Kuthe wrote:
> > On Tuesday, July 17, 2018 at 6:14:10 PM UTC-5, Alex wrote:
> >> Should have replaced the floor tile...

> > What, do you think am made of MONERY?
> >
> > Existing tile floor was fine to pass inspection.
> >
> > John Kuthe...
> >

> And the windows weren't? Priorities...
>
> You often said something along the lines of "I can afford it!!!!!"

I HAD to have at least one of the stained glass windows around my front door repaired. Some numb nuts probably knocked on a stained glass window and broke out one of the panes. All the original stained glass windows all matched with their art themes, and as I HAD a buttload of $$ when I started fixing up this house, I figured I'd go ahead and get a good art glass place to replace ALL the existing stained glass in this house.

Which I did! And they are all gorgeous!

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, July 18, 2018 at 6:45:19 PM UTC-5, Alex wrote:
> wrote:
> > On Tuesday, July 17, 2018 at 6:14:10 PM UTC-5, Alex wrote:

https://images.craigslist.org/00s0s_...8C_600x450.jpg
> >> Should have replaced the floor tile...
> >>

> > Why?
> >

> It looks like an old gas station bathroom floor!! The money would have
> been better spent on that than the stained glass window(s)!!!

Oh **** OFF!

MY house, MY money, etc.

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, July 18, 2018 at 6:46:18 PM UTC-5, Alex wrote:
> John Kuthe wrote:
> > On Tuesday, July 17, 2018 at 9:04:13 PM UTC-5, Druce wrote:
> >> On Tue, 17 Jul 2018 18:53:56 -0700 (PDT), "

> >> Why indeed. Maybe the heater can use a coat of paint, but it's a
> >> detail.

> > The radiator could use sandblasting and repainting. :-( But it does not leak and works! So until the gas fired "boiler" in the basement keeps supplying hot water for the heat in the Winter...
> >
> > I'd love to have this whole house off fossil fuels before I die!
> > WHEN it finally quits, going to all electric!
> >
> > John Kuthe...

> Boilers are very inefficient.

Yep, nothing more efficient than 100% electric heat. Neglecting entropic losses. This house was designed and built while fossil fuels were plentiful and cheap! We are at the tail end of that little soire!

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, July 18, 2018 at 6:45:19 PM UTC-5, Alex wrote:
> wrote:
> > On Tuesday, July 17, 2018 at 6:14:10 PM UTC-5, Alex wrote:

https://images.craigslist.org/00s0s_...8C_600x450.jpg
> >> Should have replaced the floor tile...
> >>

> > Why?
> >

> It looks like an old gas station bathroom floor!! The money would have
> been better spent on that than the stained glass window(s)!!!

**** you! I LIKE my bathroom floor! It's original 1930 and in great shape!!

John Kuthe...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, July 18, 2018 at 6:50:11 PM UTC-5, Druce wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Jul 2018 19:45:09 -0400, Alex > wrote:
>
> wrote:
> >>>

> >> Why?
> >>

> >It looks like an old gas station bathroom floor!! The money would have
> >been better spent on that than the stained glass window(s)!!!

> Why do you worry so much?

Some just cannot resist picking nits! Very egocentric mindset.

John Kuthe...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, July 18, 2018 at 10:00:42 PM UTC-4, John Kuthe wrote:
> On Wednesday, July 18, 2018 at 6:50:11 PM UTC-5, Druce wrote:

> > >It looks like an old gas station bathroom floor!! The money would have
> > >been better spent on that than the stained glass window(s)!!!

> > Why do you worry so much?

> Some just cannot resist picking nits! Very egocentric mindset.
>
> John Kuthe...

If you don't like the comments that you get, you could refrain from
posting personal information.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, July 19, 2018 at 5:17:21 AM UTC-5, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Wednesday, July 18, 2018 at 10:00:42 PM UTC-4, John Kuthe wrote:
> > On Wednesday, July 18, 2018 at 6:50:11 PM UTC-5, Druce wrote:

> > > Why do you worry so much?

> > Some just cannot resist picking nits! Very egocentric mindset.
> >
> > John Kuthe...

> If you don't like the comments that you get, you could refrain from
> posting personal information.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

Excuse me? Personal Information like your first and last names like you and I both do?

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
says...

wrote:
> > > On Tuesday, July 17, 2018 at 6:14:10 PM UTC-5, Alex wrote:

https://images.craigslist.org/00s0s_...8C_600x450.jpg

> > > Why?
> > >

> > It looks like an old gas station bathroom floor!! The money would have
> > been better spent on that than the stained glass window(s)!!!

> Oh **** OFF!
>
> MY house, MY money, etc.

But you're advertising it as "new bathrooms", which very obviously,
they are not.

Janet.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, July 19, 2018 at 8:31:38 AM UTC-4, John Kuthe wrote:
> On Thursday, July 19, 2018 at 5:17:21 AM UTC-5, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> > > Some just cannot resist picking nits! Very egocentric mindset.
> > >
> > > John Kuthe...

> > If you don't like the comments that you get, you could refrain from
> > posting personal information.
> >
> > Cindy Hamilton

> Excuse me? Personal Information like your first and last names like you and I both do?
>
> John Kuthe...

Photos of your bathroom, etc. If negative comments distress you (as
they seem to do), I offered a suggestion for avoiding them.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

https://images.craigslist.org/00s0s_...8C_600x450.jpg

> > > It looks like an old gas station bathroom floor!! The money would have
> > > been better spent on that than the stained glass window(s)!!!

> > Oh **** OFF!
> >
> > MY house, MY money, etc.

> But you're advertising it as "new bathrooms", which very obviously,
> they are not.
>
> Janet.

How new is new? Bah!

New tub/showers, new toilets and vanity sinks. Functional parts of a bathroom. And a new wallboard replacing the ceiling plaster and lathe original ceiling in the 1st floor bathroom. Plus painting. It's quite nice and the bathroom I use a LOT! Almost exclusively.

John Kuthe...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, July 19, 2018 at 8:23:30 AM UTC-5, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Thursday, July 19, 2018 at 8:31:38 AM UTC-4, John Kuthe wrote:

> > > If you don't like the comments that you get, you could refrain from
> > > posting personal information.
> > >
> > > Cindy Hamilton

> > Excuse me? Personal Information like your first and last names like you and I both do?
> >
> > John Kuthe...

> Photos of your bathroom, etc. If negative comments distress you (as
> they seem to do), I offered a suggestion for avoiding them.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

ROFL!! I really don't give a rat's ass what others, especially here, feel about MY 1st floor BATHROOM! I'm just glad most of the old pink bathroom tile was in great shape, floor tile too! Bathfitters enclosure covered more original pink bathroom tile than I wanted to be covered, but oh well. Tradeoffs!

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Alex wrote:
> wrote:
>> On Tuesday, July 17, 2018 at 6:14:10 PM UTC-5, Alex wrote:

https://images.craigslist.org/00s0s_...8C_600x450.jpg
>>> Should have replaced the floor tile...
>>>

>> Why?
>>

> It looks like an old gas station bathroom floor!! The money would have
> been better spent on that than the stained glass window(s)!!!

Maybe he wanted it to look like an old church bathroom. He Probably
should hang a few crosses and other rubbish around the house to give a
complete theme.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, July 19, 2018 at 3:23:21 PM UTC-5, Hank Rogers wrote:
> Alex wrote:
> > wrote:
> >> On Tuesday, July 17, 2018 at 6:14:10 PM UTC-5, Alex wrote:

https://images.craigslist.org/00s0s_...8C_600x450.jpg

> >> Why?
> >>

> > It looks like an old gas station bathroom floor!! The money would have
> > been better spent on that than the stained glass window(s)!!!

> Maybe he wanted it to look like an old church bathroom. He Probably
> should hang a few crosses and other rubbish around the house to give a
> complete theme.

Not exactly but yes! I tried to keep the same 1930's charm this house had when new, ages ago!

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

John Kuthe wrote:
> On Wednesday, July 18, 2018 at 6:43:49 PM UTC-5, Alex wrote:
>> John Kuthe wrote:
>>> What, do you think am made of MONERY?
>>>
>>> Existing tile floor was fine to pass inspection.
>>>
>>> John Kuthe...
>>>

>> And the windows weren't? Priorities...
>>
>> You often said something along the lines of "I can afford it!!!!!"

> I HAD to have at least one of the stained glass windows around my front door repaired. Some numb nuts probably knocked on a stained glass window and broke out one of the panes. All the original stained glass windows all matched with their art themes, and as I HAD a buttload of $$ when I started fixing up this house, I figured I'd go ahead and get a good art glass place to replace ALL the existing stained glass in this house.
>
> Which I did! And they are all gorgeous!
>
> John Kuthe...

Your definition of a butt-load of $$ and mine are two different things
evidently.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, July 19, 2018 at 6:35:39 PM UTC-5, Alex wrote:
> John Kuthe wrote:

> >> And the windows weren't? Priorities...
> >>
> >> You often said something along the lines of "I can afford it!!!!!"

> > I HAD to have at least one of the stained glass windows around my front door repaired. Some numb nuts probably knocked on a stained glass window and broke out one of the panes. All the original stained glass windows all matched with their art themes, and as I HAD a buttload of $$ when I started fixing up this house, I figured I'd go ahead and get a good art glass place to replace ALL the existing stained glass in this house.
> >
> > Which I did! And they are all gorgeous!
> >
> > John Kuthe...

> Your definition of a butt-load of $$ and mine are two different things
> evidently.

Of course! You have a problem with that? One reason I'll always be rich, I'm USED to being POOR! So this place I'm living now ROCKS! It's PAID FOR and pretty! And generates me a small retirement income. I'm retiring in LUXURY!!

John Kuthe...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 19 Jul 2018 19:59:24 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe
> wrote:

>On Thursday, July 19, 2018 at 6:35:39 PM UTC-5, Alex wrote:
>> John Kuthe wrote:

>> > I HAD to have at least one of the stained glass windows around my front door repaired. Some numb nuts probably knocked on a stained glass window and broke out one of the panes. All the original stained glass windows all matched with their art themes, and as I HAD a buttload of $$ when I started fixing up this house, I figured I'd go ahead and get a good art glass place to replace ALL the existing stained glass in this house.
>> >
>> > Which I did! And they are all gorgeous!
>> >
>> > John Kuthe...

>> Your definition of a butt-load of $$ and mine are two different things
>> evidently.

>Of course! You have a problem with that? One reason I'll always be rich, I'm USED to being POOR! So this place I'm living now ROCKS! It's PAID FOR and pretty! And generates me a small retirement income. I'm retiring in LUXURY!!
>
>John Kuthe...

You're poorer now than you were.... you have no friends... people who
pay you to live with them are not your friends, it's strictly a
business arrangement, an arragement they'd like a lot more if they
never had to see your greedy face. They tolerate you because they
know the arrangement is very temporary, until they finish school or
locate a better living facility.

The people who pay Trump for space on his property don't like him
either,,, no one is their landlord's friend.

Julie Bove and her gardener 'tenant'/housemate are true friends, he
pays no rent, she occasionally shares meals with him, they help each
other tending to the property, and they share other benefits to be
sure, but no money is exchanged. Julie has a far better arrangement
than you. Julie is not lonely like you.

And you are not sleeping with your tenants because if you were they'd
not pay rent. I had many female tenants who propositioned me with
their body in lieu of rent, at least half made that offer but I never
took any up on it because I don't shit where I eat, I had bills to pay
and to be honest I found none all that attractive. I always kept my
tenants as strictly a business relationship. I didn't live on the
property they rented and in fact they never knew where I lived other
than a PO Box... if ever we needed to meet it was at a realtor's
office... anytime I needed to go to the property it was always with a
realtor. It was much wiser to never be alone with those female
tenants. Be smart, Kootchie, sooner or later one of those young women
will claim you forced yourself on her, you're a fool to be living
there, don't be surprised if one hasn't already collected samples of
your DNA.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, July 20, 2018 at 10:08:03 AM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:
> You're poorer now than you were.... you have no friends... people who
> pay you to live with them are not your friends, it's strictly a
> business arrangement, an arragement (SIC) they'd like a lot more if they
> never had to see your greedy face. They tolerate you because they
> know the arrangement is very temporary, until they finish school or
> locate a better living facility.
>
> The people who pay Trump for space on his property don't like him
> either,,, no one is their landlord's friend.
>
> Julie Bove and her gardener 'tenant'/housemate are true friends, he
> pays no rent, she occasionally shares meals with him, they help each
> other tending to the property, and they share other benefits to be
> sure, but no money is exchanged. Julie has a far better arrangement
> than you. Julie is not lonely like you.
>
> And you are not sleeping with your tenants because if you were they'd
> not pay rent. I had many female tenants who propositioned me with
> their body in lieu of rent, at least half made that offer but I never
> took any up on it because I don't shit where I eat, I had bills to pay
> and to be honest I found none all that attractive.

ROFL!!! Oh of COURSE you have ShelDUM!! You rent to prostitutes much?

> I always kept my
> tenants as strictly a business relationship. I didn't live on the
> property they rented and in fact they never knew where I lived other
> than a PO Box...

AHA! A SLUMLORD!! ShelDUM The SLUMLORD!!

Won't live in the same place you rent, eh? THAT speaks volumes!!

> if ever we needed to meet it was at a realtor's
> office... anytime I needed to go to the property it was always with a
> realtor. It was much wiser to never be alone with those female
> tenants. Be smart, Kootchie, sooner or later one of those young women
> will claim you forced yourself on her, you're a fool to be living
> there, don't be surprised if one hasn't already collected samples of
> your DNA.

OMG you speak so ILL of MY SISTERS!! Keep your slimy nasty money grubbing CLAWS on your OWN OWNED WIFE if you found a human female to put up with your BS for life! And keep them OFF MY SISTERS!

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Jul 2018 19:59:24 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe
> > wrote:

>>> Your definition of a butt-load of $$ and mine are two different things
>>> evidently.

>> Of course! You have a problem with that? One reason I'll always be rich, I'm USED to being POOR! So this place I'm living now ROCKS! It's PAID FOR and pretty! And generates me a small retirement income. I'm retiring in LUXURY!!
>>
>> John Kuthe...

> You're poorer now than you were.... you have no friends... people who
> pay you to live with them are not your friends, it's strictly a
> business arrangement, an arragement they'd like a lot more if they
> never had to see your greedy face. They tolerate you because they
> know the arrangement is very temporary, until they finish school or
> locate a better living facility.
>
> The people who pay Trump for space on his property don't like him
> either,,, no one is their landlord's friend.
>
> Julie Bove and her gardener 'tenant'/housemate are true friends, he
> pays no rent, she occasionally shares meals with him, they help each
> other tending to the property, and they share other benefits to be
> sure, but no money is exchanged. Julie has a far better arrangement
> than you. Julie is not lonely like you.
>
> And you are not sleeping with your tenants because if you were they'd
> not pay rent. I had many female tenants who propositioned me with
> their body in lieu of rent, at least half made that offer but I never
> took any up on it because I don't shit where I eat, I had bills to pay
> and to be honest I found none all that attractive. I always kept my
> tenants as strictly a business relationship. I didn't live on the
> property they rented and in fact they never knew where I lived other
> than a PO Box... if ever we needed to meet it was at a realtor's
> office... anytime I needed to go to the property it was always with a
> realtor. It was much wiser to never be alone with those female
> tenants. Be smart, Kootchie, sooner or later one of those young women
> will claim you forced yourself on her, you're a fool to be living
> there, don't be surprised if one hasn't already collected samples of
> your DNA.

Aww, how sweet. Good ole Popeye is trying to help his wittle Coochie.

I went and ate at the best Indian restaurant in St Louis MO!! John Kuthe[_3_] General Cooking 31 03-02-2018 02:50 AM
Aryaa's Indian Restaurant aryaas Vegan 1 12-02-2013 03:58 AM
Indian Restaurant Curry leona miller General Cooking 1 22-03-2007 07:27 PM
Best Indian restaurant(s) in Tokyo? Newbie Restaurants 28 31-03-2005 04:15 AM
indian restaurant in Toronto elaine General Cooking 9 06-11-2004 03:43 AM