Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Old Burger King ad

On Saturday, June 30, 2018 at 2:45:30 PM UTC-4, wrote:
> An ad from 1966: BK advertises extensively on TV.
> https://books.google.com/books?id=WF...page&q&f=false
>
> Note the architecture of the era and emphasis on fast service and
> no tipping.
>
> Personally, while I think the food at BK is decent, for some
> reason service quality at the chain is poor (seen at many
> different outlets). The counter help often seems frozen
> or confused. One time a customer had a coupon and the cashier
> spent five minutes trying to enter it, meanwhile a long line
> built up.
>
> To me, it reminds me of the IBM vs others competition. Other
> computer firms, for whatever reason, could never capture IBM's
> excellent customer support/service, even if they stole an
> IBM executive to be in charge of their computer division.
> Burger King has been around for 50 years. Couldn't they see
> McD's handling is so much superior to theirs?
>
> (On page 24 is an ad for the Polaroid 'swinger' a cheap
> little b&w instant camera that turned out to be very popular.)
>
> Here is a McD's ad from 1962:
> https://books.google.com/books?id=eV...page&q&f=false
>
> Here is a 1966 article about the chain and "Hamburger University".
> https://books.google.com/books?id=zk...page&q&f=false
> (On Page 102 is an ad for a Wollensak cassette recorder; note
> the slide rule in the background.)

I sure wish Burger King and McDonalds can clear up their mustard supplier problems !!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, June 30, 2018 at 5:03:48 PM UTC-5, wrote:
> On Saturday, June 30, 2018 at 2:45:30 PM UTC-4, wrote:
> > An ad from 1966: BK advertises extensively on TV.
> > https://books.google.com/books?id=WF...page&q&f=false
> >
> > Note the architecture of the era and emphasis on fast service and
> > no tipping.
> >
> > Personally, while I think the food at BK is decent, for some
> > reason service quality at the chain is poor (seen at many
> > different outlets). The counter help often seems frozen
> > or confused. One time a customer had a coupon and the cashier
> > spent five minutes trying to enter it, meanwhile a long line
> > built up.
> >
> > To me, it reminds me of the IBM vs others competition. Other
> > computer firms, for whatever reason, could never capture IBM's
> > excellent customer support/service, even if they stole an
> > IBM executive to be in charge of their computer division.
> > Burger King has been around for 50 years. Couldn't they see
> > McD's handling is so much superior to theirs?
> >
> > (On page 24 is an ad for the Polaroid 'swinger' a cheap
> > little b&w instant camera that turned out to be very popular.)
> >
> > Here is a McD's ad from 1962:
> > https://books.google.com/books?id=eV...page&q&f=false
> >
> > Here is a 1966 article about the chain and "Hamburger University".
> > https://books.google.com/books?id=zk...page&q&f=false
> > (On Page 102 is an ad for a Wollensak cassette recorder; note
> > the slide rule in the background.)

> I sure wish Burger King and McDonalds can clear up their mustard supplier problems !!

I remember when Bryan loved going there and stuffing those little plastic bags the served the Whopper in with all the toppings he could stuff in one, then eat it like a taco out of the little plastic bag! Thinking that he got a REALLY GREAT DEAL on them!! CrapFood! :-(

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, June 30, 2018 at 7:22:34 PM UTC-5, John Kuthe wrote:
> On Saturday, June 30, 2018 at 5:03:48 PM UTC-5, wrote:
> > On Saturday, June 30, 2018 at 2:45:30 PM UTC-4, wrote:
> > > An ad from 1966: BK advertises extensively on TV.
> > > https://books.google.com/books?id=WF...page&q&f=false
> > >
> > > Note the architecture of the era and emphasis on fast service and
> > > no tipping.
> > >
> > > Personally, while I think the food at BK is decent, for some
> > > reason service quality at the chain is poor (seen at many
> > > different outlets). The counter help often seems frozen
> > > or confused. One time a customer had a coupon and the cashier
> > > spent five minutes trying to enter it, meanwhile a long line
> > > built up.
> > >
> > > To me, it reminds me of the IBM vs others competition. Other
> > > computer firms, for whatever reason, could never capture IBM's
> > > excellent customer support/service, even if they stole an
> > > IBM executive to be in charge of their computer division.
> > > Burger King has been around for 50 years. Couldn't they see
> > > McD's handling is so much superior to theirs?
> > >
> > > (On page 24 is an ad for the Polaroid 'swinger' a cheap
> > > little b&w instant camera that turned out to be very popular.)
> > >
> > > Here is a McD's ad from 1962:
> > > https://books.google.com/books?id=eV...page&q&f=false
> > >
> > > Here is a 1966 article about the chain and "Hamburger University".
> > > https://books.google.com/books?id=zk...page&q&f=false
> > > (On Page 102 is an ad for a Wollensak cassette recorder; note
> > > the slide rule in the background.)

> > I sure wish Burger King and McDonalds can clear up their mustard supplier problems !!

> I remember when Bryan loved going there and stuffing those little plastic bags the served the Whopper in with all the toppings he could stuff in one, then eat it like a taco out of the little plastic bag! Thinking that he got a REALLY GREAT DEAL on them!! CrapFood! :-(

You fool. Still obsessing on me. That wasn't Burger King, you failure. You've failed at being a man, so you want to see if you can succeed as a woman, but the problem is that you are a failure as a person. You're icky, and smarmy, and creepy. From what I've heard, you were recently seen in a purple dress in the parking lot in front of Bed, Bath and Beyond, in Brentwood, obviously tripping on acid. The person who told me was pretty sure it was you, and I thought, who else?

> John Kuthe...

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, July 3, 2018 at 6:20:08 AM UTC-5, MisterDiddyWahDiddy wrote:

> You fool. Still obsessing on me. That wasn't Burger King, you failure.

Burger Chef, Burger KING, whatever. It's still CrapFood! I make MUCH BETTER BURGERS!! Straubs ground beef, etc.

>You've failed at being a man, so you want to see if you can succeed as a woman, but the problem is that you are a failure as a person.

Oh no, not at all! I'm doing QUITE WELL! Bought me a BEAUTIFUL HOUSE which has the three most important things about real estate: LOCATION, LOCATION and LOCATION!! 5 min walk to UMSL one way, 5 min walk to the Metrolink South the other way, and a 5 min drive to/from St Louis International Airport. Plus I have not purchased ANY gasoline in MONTHS!! Bought a Nissan Leaf, 2013 fresh off a 3 year lease for just under $10,000 CASH! I have NO MORTGAGES, NO DEBTS and a more and more beautiful house just across Natural Bridge from UMSL.

Man? Woman? ROFL!! Bryan, I am Two Spirit! BOTH, all in one package.

>You're icky, and smarmy, and creepy. From what I've heard, you were recently seen in a purple dress in the parking lot in front of Bed, Bath and Beyond, in Brentwood, obviously tripping on acid. The person who told me was pretty sure it was you, and I thought, who else?
>

> > John Kuthe...

> --Bryan

That was NOT A DRESS although it feels and appears to be somewhat of a skirt, with tassels. The are called Djembe PANTS! I have several pairs! And TWO Djembes, an AWESOME SOUND SYSTEM in my Hippie Pad in my basement! And I am learning to play too! So much fun to have ways of making LOUD NOISES in my basement and not having anyone to "yell at me" about it either! Oh and I bought a Teac Tascam A-2340 4 channel reel to reel TAPE RECORDER and a refurbished Pioneer CTf-1000 cassette tape machine the ORIGINAL Cheep Effects machine, and am thinking of interfacing them together for Cheep Effects PLUS! 21st Century Cheep Effects!

I still don't know exactly and precisely WHY you seem to hate me so much recently, other than the fact that I correctly "pegged" you and OUTED you as Narcissistic Personality Disorder, very similar to that Drumpf ****er which the Worship Of Mammon INSTALLED in the U.S. White House for U.S.!

I miss ya Bryan. I really do, Not many Yumans I have found in my life who seem to really be able to UNDERSTAND things the way WE DO!!

I'm beginning to start a NOT FOR PROFIT business too! Thinking of a website CooperativeCorporationsSTL.ORG with the world SAVING intent of real estate acquisition, repair, restoration, MODERNIZATION and humans resource work too! International student Yuman Services too! After all, I'm still living in International Shared Student Living! I've basically traveled the WORLD vicariously as this is my NEW LIFESTYLE for over 30 years now

https://stlouis.craigslist.org/roo/d...612290095.html

A LOT prettier than either of YOUR HOUSES! And plenty of real estate becoming available in Bel Nor and elsewhere too! Lots of retirees, aging, moving, dying, etc. Everywhere in the U.S. actually!

Want in, or do you still want to maintain BEING A LONELY NPD ASSHOLE?

Namaste

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, July 3, 2018 at 8:43:10 AM UTC-5, John Kuthe wrote:
> On Tuesday, July 3, 2018 at 6:20:08 AM UTC-5, MisterDiddyWahDiddy wrote:

Oh and Bryan! I'm basically RETIRED NOW! I have not worked my home care pediatric nursing job since last Oct 2017 and while I may have to pick it back up part time, I may never have to WORK again!

:-)

Me and Retirement get along just fine!

Namaste

John Kuthe...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"John Kuthe" > wrote in message
> On Tuesday, July 3, 2018 at 8:43:10 AM UTC-5, John Kuthe wrote:
>> On Tuesday, July 3, 2018 at 6:20:08 AM UTC-5, MisterDiddyWahDiddy wrote:

> Oh and Bryan! I'm basically RETIRED NOW! I have not worked my home care
> pediatric nursing job since last Oct 2017 and while I may have to pick it
> back up part time, I may never have to WORK again!

I think that's a great thing.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, July 3, 2018 at 9:35:10 AM UTC-5, Cheri wrote:
> "John Kuthe" > wrote in message

> > Oh and Bryan! I'm basically RETIRED NOW! I have not worked my home care
> > pediatric nursing job since last Oct 2017 and while I may have to pick it
> > back up part time, I may never have to WORK again!

> I think that's a great thing.
>
> Cheri

Yeah, me and Retirement get along JUST FINE! :-)

Always more housework, more home improvement to do!

Namaste

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

MisterPlaysWithHisDiddyWahDiddy wrote:
> You fool. Still obsessing on me.

In John K's defense, he hasn't mentioned you in forever. Are you
feeling left out?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, July 4, 2018 at 8:34:00 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:
> MisterPlaysWithHisDiddyWahDiddy wrote:
> > You fool. Still obsessing on me.

> In John K's defense, he hasn't mentioned you in forever. Are you
> feeling left out?

True. I'm not obsessing on Bryan Simmons, he was just a relatively YUGE part of my life adolescents to adulthood for a LOT of adult years, and we shared many great life experiences. And I miss him in many ways, not so much in other ways of course. But I tend to try and remember the GREAT things and leave out the not so great ones.

Oh well! I've flitted into and out of many social circles in my life, and will in my future too! By DESIGN! :-)

Namaste

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" > wrote in message ...
> MisterPlaysWithHisDiddyWahDiddy wrote:
>> You fool. Still obsessing on me.

> In John K's defense, he hasn't mentioned you in forever. Are you
> feeling left out?

Well, he just posted a lengthy post about him a couple of days ago which is
why Bryan answered. Just sayin.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, July 4, 2018 at 9:29:56 AM UTC-5, Cheri wrote:
> "Gary" > wrote in message ...
> > MisterPlaysWithHisDiddyWahDiddy wrote:
> >> You fool. Still obsessing on me.

> > In John K's defense, he hasn't mentioned you in forever. Are you
> > feeling left out?

> Well, he just posted a lengthy post about him a couple of days ago which is
> why Bryan answered. Just sayin.
>
> Cheri

I have a nursing intuitive feeling that Bryan's wife told him to stop obsessing with ME on RFC. Which he kinda was with his vitriol here towards me. Very extreme, violent and intended to be scary IMHO.

John Kuthe...

KING BURGER brooklyn1 General Cooking 14 25-11-2009 01:21 PM
World's most expensive ($200) Burger King burger Corey Richardson General Cooking 7 31-07-2008 12:53 PM
Burger King Tacos Name Mexican Cooking 13 10-02-2005 10:06 AM
Who's the ass in the Burger King ads? Doug Norris Barbecue 18 13-11-2003 09:41 PM
Rachael Ray for Burger King Joanie General Cooking 21 20-10-2003 04:59 AM