Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default roast beef sunday

https://s22.postimg.cc/y05mup3b5/IMG_2409.jpg

I served it with roasted spuds, parsnips, carrots, Yorkshire puds and
cauliflower. For dessert it was Pavlova (we were celebrating my
daughters hip replacement and she chose that) with various fresh
fruits and cream. Sorry the pic is not more glamorous but I was busy.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, June 25, 2018 at 6:37:34 AM UTC-4, wrote:
> https://s22.postimg.cc/y05mup3b5/IMG_2409.jpg
>
> I served it with roasted spuds, parsnips, carrots, Yorkshire puds and
> cauliflower. For dessert it was Pavlova (we were celebrating my
> daughters hip replacement and she chose that) with various fresh
> fruits and cream. Sorry the pic is not more glamorous but I was busy.

It looks very good.

It's a too warm to run the oven here (yesterday wasn't too bad at 21 C,
but next Sunday will be 32 C). I grilled some fish (salmon for me,
swordfish for him) and made salad. My salad was dressed with lemon juice
and olive oil. The leftover salmon marinating is in the fridge with the
leftover salad dressing. That will be today's lunch.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

https://s22.postimg.cc/y05mup3b5/IMG_2409.jpg

> I served it with roasted spuds, parsnips, carrots, Yorkshire puds and
> cauliflower. For dessert it was Pavlova (we were celebrating my
> daughters hip replacement and she chose that) with various fresh
> fruits and cream. Sorry the pic is not more glamorous but I was busy.

The pic looks good.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 25 Jun 2018 11:35:27 GMT, "l not -l" > wrote:

>The gingered plums were plum wedges, sprinkled with a little freshly grated
>ginger. As they cooked, they released some of their liquid, which was
>flavored with the ginger. At the end, the butter was added to the
>ginger-plum liquid, reduced just a bit, to make a sauce.

Good heavens! How to turn innocent ingredients into a complete
nightmare.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 25 Jun 2018 03:53:01 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Monday, June 25, 2018 at 6:37:34 AM UTC-4, wrote:
>> https://s22.postimg.cc/y05mup3b5/IMG_2409.jpg
>>
>> I served it with roasted spuds, parsnips, carrots, Yorkshire puds and
>> cauliflower. For dessert it was Pavlova (we were celebrating my
>> daughters hip replacement and she chose that) with various fresh
>> fruits and cream. Sorry the pic is not more glamorous but I was busy.

>It looks very good.
>
>It's a too warm to run the oven here (yesterday wasn't too bad at 21 C,
>but next Sunday will be 32 C). I grilled some fish (salmon for me,
>swordfish for him) and made salad. My salad was dressed with lemon juice
>and olive oil. The leftover salmon marinating is in the fridge with the
>leftover salad dressing. That will be today's lunch.
>
>Cindy Hamilton

It was a bit warm here too but that's what they wanted and I opened
all the windows to create a through draft, I live at the top of a hill

I haven't had swordfish in eons, next time I go to my yarn shop must
go into the fish shop, want some now

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 25 Jun 2018 11:35:27 GMT, "l not -l" > wrote:

>On 25-Jun-2018, Cindy Hamilton > wrote:
>
>> On Monday, June 25, 2018 at 6:37:34 AM UTC-4, wrote:
>> > https://s22.postimg.cc/y05mup3b5/IMG_2409.jpg
>> >
>> > I served it with roasted spuds, parsnips, carrots, Yorkshire puds and
>> > cauliflower. For dessert it was Pavlova (we were celebrating my
>> > daughters hip replacement and she chose that) with various fresh
>> > fruits and cream. Sorry the pic is not more glamorous but I was busy.

>> It looks very good.
>>
>> It's a too warm to run the oven here (yesterday wasn't too bad at 21 C,
>> but next Sunday will be 32 C). I grilled some fish (salmon for me,
>> swordfish for him) and made salad. My salad was dressed with lemon juice
>> and olive oil. The leftover salmon marinating is in the fridge with the
>> leftover salad dressing. That will be today's lunch.

>Both of the above meals sound delicious; never having had swordfish, I'd
>prefer it, if I felt adventurous.
>
>My Sunday dinner was stovetop pork chops with gingered plums, finished with
>a little butter. Green beans with one-bite potato medley, braised with a
>little minced garlic.
>
>The gingered plums were plum wedges, sprinkled with a little freshly grated
>ginger. As they cooked, they released some of their liquid, which was
>flavored with the ginger. At the end, the butter was added to the
>ginger-plum liquid, reduced just a bit, to make a sauce.

Love ginger but I have never tried that, sounds great, must try it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 25 Jun 2018 21:37:53 +1000, Druce >
wrote:

>On Mon, 25 Jun 2018 11:35:27 GMT, "l not -l" > wrote:
>
>>The gingered plums were plum wedges, sprinkled with a little freshly grated
>>ginger. As they cooked, they released some of their liquid, which was
>>flavored with the ginger. At the end, the butter was added to the
>>ginger-plum liquid, reduced just a bit, to make a sauce.

>Good heavens! How to turn innocent ingredients into a complete
>nightmare.

Each to their own, to me, perhaps because I love both plums and
ginger, it's a combo that sounds like manna.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Am Montag, 25. Juni 2018 13:37:57 UTC+2 schrieb Druce:
> On Mon, 25 Jun 2018 11:35:27 GMT, "l not -l" > wrote:
>
> >The gingered plums were plum wedges, sprinkled with a little freshly grated
> >ginger. As they cooked, they released some of their liquid, which was
> >flavored with the ginger. At the end, the butter was added to the
> >ginger-plum liquid, reduced just a bit, to make a sauce.

> Good heavens! How to turn innocent ingredients into a complete
> nightmare.

Why? Butter? Leave it out or substitute it then.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-06-25 6:36 AM, wrote:

https://s22.postimg.cc/y05mup3b5/IMG_2409.jpg

> I served it with roasted spuds, parsnips, carrots, Yorkshire puds and
> cauliflower. For dessert it was Pavlova (we were celebrating my
> daughters hip replacement and she chose that) with various fresh
> fruits and cream. Sorry the pic is not more glamorous but I was busy.

Nice. We had New York strip steaks,steamed local asparagus and a salad
with blue cheese dressing. Dessert was fresh local strawberries.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 25 Jun 2018 08:46:46 -0400, Gary > wrote:

wrote:

>> I haven't had swordfish in eons, next time I go to my yarn shop must
>> go into the fish shop, want some now

>Those large fish contain lots of mercury though. Still want some?
>That said, I never worry about ingredients for things that I
>rarely eat.

I'll take my chances, one piece of swordfish every few years is not
going to make a difference.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 25 Jun 2018 09:07:27 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2018-06-25 6:36 AM, wrote:

https://s22.postimg.cc/y05mup3b5/IMG_2409.jpg

>> I served it with roasted spuds, parsnips, carrots, Yorkshire puds and
>> cauliflower. For dessert it was Pavlova (we were celebrating my
>> daughters hip replacement and she chose that) with various fresh
>> fruits and cream. Sorry the pic is not more glamorous but I was busy.
>>

>Nice. We had New York strip steaks,steamed local asparagus and a salad
>with blue cheese dressing. Dessert was fresh local strawberries.

I like the NY cut but oddly we haven't really had bargain asparagus
yet, must be soon.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> https://s22.postimg.cc/y05mup3b5/IMG_2409.jpg
>
> I served it with roasted spuds, parsnips, carrots, Yorkshire puds and
> cauliflower. For dessert it was Pavlova (we were celebrating my
> daughters hip replacement and she chose that) with various fresh
> fruits and cream. Sorry the pic is not more glamorous but I was busy.

Looks and sounds wonderful!

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 25 Jun 2018 07:36:36 -0300, wrote:

https://s22.postimg.cc/y05mup3b5/IMG_2409.jpg

>I served it with roasted spuds, parsnips, carrots, Yorkshire puds and
>cauliflower. For dessert it was Pavlova (we were celebrating my
>daughters hip replacement and she chose that) with various fresh
>fruits and cream. Sorry the pic is not more glamorous but I was busy.

I'll have some of that, please
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, June 25, 2018 at 5:37:34 AM UTC-5, wrote:

> https://s22.postimg.cc/y05mup3b5/IMG_2409.jpg
>
> I served it with roasted spuds, parsnips, carrots, Yorkshire puds and
> cauliflower. For dessert it was Pavlova (we were celebrating my
> daughters hip replacement and she chose that) with various fresh
> fruits and cream. Sorry the pic is not more glamorous but I was busy.

Gimme a slice!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 25 Jun 2018 07:36:36 -0300, wrote:

https://s22.postimg.cc/y05mup3b5/IMG_2409.jpg

<*Graphic image warning*>

>I served it with roasted spuds, parsnips, carrots, Yorkshire puds and
>cauliflower. For dessert it was Pavlova (we were celebrating my
>daughters hip replacement and she chose that) with various fresh
>fruits and cream. Sorry the pic is not more glamorous but I was busy.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 25 Jun 2018 10:26:01 -0600, U.S. Janet B. >
wrote:

>On Mon, 25 Jun 2018 07:36:36 -0300, wrote:

https://s22.postimg.cc/y05mup3b5/IMG_2409.jpg

>>I served it with roasted spuds, parsnips, carrots, Yorkshire puds and
>>cauliflower. For dessert it was Pavlova (we were celebrating my
>>daughters hip replacement and she chose that) with various fresh
>>fruits and cream. Sorry the pic is not more glamorous but I was busy.

>I'll have some of that, please
>Janet US

It really was a lovely piece of beef, we all loved it and ate it, done
very rare a la Julia Childs method.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 25 Jun 2018 09:54:00 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Monday, June 25, 2018 at 5:37:34 AM UTC-5, wrote:
>>
>> https://s22.postimg.cc/y05mup3b5/IMG_2409.jpg
>>
>> I served it with roasted spuds, parsnips, carrots, Yorkshire puds and
>> cauliflower. For dessert it was Pavlova (we were celebrating my
>> daughters hip replacement and she chose that) with various fresh
>> fruits and cream. Sorry the pic is not more glamorous but I was busy.
>>

>Gimme a slice!

Welcome, we'd fight you for it
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 25 Jun 2018 17:43:18 -0000 (UTC), Wayne Boatwright
> wrote:

>On Mon 25 Jun 2018 03:36:36a, told us...
>
>> https://s22.postimg.cc/y05mup3b5/IMG_2409.jpg
>>
>> I served it with roasted spuds, parsnips, carrots, Yorkshire puds
>> and cauliflower. For dessert it was Pavlova (we were celebrating
>> my daughters hip replacement and she chose that) with various
>> fresh fruits and cream. Sorry the pic is not more glamorous but I
>> was busy.
>>

>Your Sunday meal sounds delicious, and your roast looks really
>delicious! I hope your daughter's hip replcemenet is progresing well.

She had a wobbly not long after she was home, twisted it, but it's
okay now and she works at the physio. The VON who comes in says she
is doing very well. Rarely uses the walker now, only a cane and it's
just over two weeks since the op.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 25 Jun 2018 07:00:37 -0400, Gary > wrote:

wrote:

>> https://s22.postimg.cc/y05mup3b5/IMG_2409.jpg
>>
>> I served it with roasted spuds, parsnips, carrots, Yorkshire puds and
>> cauliflower. For dessert it was Pavlova (we were celebrating my
>> daughters hip replacement and she chose that) with various fresh
>> fruits and cream. Sorry the pic is not more glamorous but I was busy.

>The pic looks good.

Might look a lot more appetizing sliced and garnished, otherwise it
looks exzactly like a freshly excised malignant tumor.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>> I haven't had swordfish in eons, next time I go to my yarn shop must
>> go into the fish shop, want some now

>Those large fish contain lots of mercury though. Still want some?
>That said, I never worry about ingredients for things that I
>rarely eat.

Be careful or Lil Duh'Wayne may want to use you for a rectal
thermometer! LOL
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

https://s22.postimg.cc/y05mup3b5/IMG_2409.jpg

>>> I served it with roasted spuds, parsnips, carrots, Yorkshire puds and
>>> cauliflower. For dessert it was Pavlova (we were celebrating my
>>> daughters hip replacement and she chose that) with various fresh
>>> fruits and cream. Sorry the pic is not more glamorous but I was busy.

>> The pic looks good.

> Might look a lot more appetizing sliced and garnished, otherwise it
> looks exzactly like a freshly excised malignant tumor.

Yoose must had seen many of them popeye. Are yoose an oncologist?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

https://s22.postimg.cc/y05mup3b5/IMG_2409.jpg

>>> I served it with roasted spuds, parsnips, carrots, Yorkshire puds and
>>> cauliflower. For dessert it was Pavlova (we were celebrating my
>>> daughters hip replacement and she chose that) with various fresh
>>> fruits and cream. Sorry the pic is not more glamorous but I was busy.

>>The pic looks good.

>Might look a lot more appetizing sliced and garnished, otherwise it
>looks exzactly like a freshly excised malignant tumor.

Of course you can't say I am lying because the proof is there, I'd
probably have a heart attack if you said anything nice.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

https://s22.postimg.cc/y05mup3b5/IMG_2409.jpg

>>> The pic looks good.

>> Might look a lot more appetizing sliced and garnished, otherwise it
>> looks exzactly like a freshly excised malignant tumor.

> Of course you can't say I am lying because the proof is there, I'd
> probably have a heart attack if you said anything nice.

Yes, but I noticed he also forgot to call you *faggot* as he routinely
does to everyone.

This Popeye post is actually flattering you.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, June 25, 2018 at 9:29:51 AM UTC-10, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> Well some here would deem that poor progress. His wife was playing
> volleyball the day after the operation and spent the weekend summiting
> Mt. Everest.
>
> The beef looks good though.

On Friday, we had dinner with a woman that had both knees replaced. I asked her if they replaced her kneecaps with titanium ones but she wasn't able to answer or she deflected the question. She was doing ballet on the Cattle Company Steakhouse dining room. I'm lying, of course.

There was also a couple whose son killed himself in December. We let the mother do all the talking. Suicide is not painless - subject-wise, at least.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 25 Jun 2018 15:56:48 -0500, Hank Rogers >

wrote:

https://s22.postimg.cc/y05mup3b5/IMG_2409.jpg

>>> Might look a lot more appetizing sliced and garnished, otherwise it
>>> looks exzactly like a freshly excised malignant tumor.

>> Of course you can't say I am lying because the proof is there, I'd
>> probably have a heart attack if you said anything nice.
>>

>Yes, but I noticed he also forgot to call you *faggot* as he routinely
>does to everyone.
>
>This Popeye post is actually flattering you.

I can do without that thanks
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 25 Jun 2018 14:09:44 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
wrote:

>On Monday, June 25, 2018 at 9:29:51 AM UTC-10, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>>
>> Well some here would deem that poor progress. His wife was playing
>> volleyball the day after the operation and spent the weekend summiting
>> Mt. Everest.
>>
>> The beef looks good though.

>On Friday, we had dinner with a woman that had both knees replaced. I asked her if they replaced her kneecaps with titanium ones but she wasn't able to answer or she deflected the question. She was doing ballet on the Cattle Company Steakhouse dining room. I'm lying, of course.

They replace the joints, not the knee caps, and they are all done with
titanium now.