Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Deceased

On Thursday, June 14, 2018 at 10:55:37 PM UTC-5, Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> I know that Janet Wilder passed away during a period when I was not
> postng on RFC. Can anyone tell me the circumstances. This is not just
> idle curiosity. Janet and I used to exchanage e-mails and recipes
> periodically. The last time I e-mailed her recipe it bounced back.
>
> I also wonder about the status of Margaret Suran and Dora.

Crash passed away after a long and devastating illness the morning of December 17, 2017, at the age of 53.

Okay, back to looking for my potato salad recipe.

Dams
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Damsel" wrote in message

On Thursday, June 14, 2018 at 10:55:37 PM UTC-5, Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> I know that Janet Wilder passed away during a period when I was not
> postng on RFC. Can anyone tell me the circumstances. This is not just
> idle curiosity. Janet and I used to exchanage e-mails and recipes
> periodically. The last time I e-mailed her recipe it bounced back.
>
> I also wonder about the status of Margaret Suran and Dora.

Crash passed away after a long and devastating illness the morning of
December 17, 2017, at the age of 53.

Okay, back to looking for my potato salad recipe.

Dams

==

Oh, I am so sorry(( It is good to see you posting but such very sad
news

Please don't stop posting!!!

Best O

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, June 16, 2018 at 2:48:02 PM UTC-5, Ophelia wrote:
> "Damsel" wrote in message
>
> On Thursday, June 14, 2018 at 10:55:37 PM UTC-5, Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> > I know that Janet Wilder passed away during a period when I was not
> > postng on RFC. Can anyone tell me the circumstances. This is not just
> > idle curiosity. Janet and I used to exchanage e-mails and recipes
> > periodically. The last time I e-mailed her recipe it bounced back.
> >
> > I also wonder about the status of Margaret Suran and Dora.

> Crash passed away after a long and devastating illness the morning of
> December 17, 2017, at the age of 53.
>
> Okay, back to looking for my potato salad recipe.
>
> Dams
>
> ==
>
> Oh, I am so sorry(( It is good to see you posting but such very sad
> news
>
> Please don't stop posting!!!
>
> Best O

Ophelia! So good to see you! I am locked out of the Crashman's computer (I gave away his keyboard and mouse), so I've been bopping in here for the past couple of days, searching for my recipes. It'll be another week before the replacements are here. Then, I have to see if I remember his password.. LOL!

Most of my online time is spent on Ancestry.com and Find-a-Grave. I have a 7,000 person family tree that I am cultivating. Facebook comes in second. I will see if I have the time and the emotional strength to hang out here, too.

I wouldn't be the same Damsel. My shrink hooked me up with a medication that calms my brain, so I'm not a raging bitch on-and-off anymore. Just a nice lady who likes to cook.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, June 16, 2018 at 3:00:17 PM UTC-5, Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> On Sat 16 Jun 2018 12:33:52p, Damsel told us...
>
> > On Thursday, June 14, 2018 at 10:55:37 PM UTC-5, Wayne Boatwright
> > wrote:
> >> I know that Janet Wilder passed away during a period when I was
> >> not postng on RFC. Can anyone tell me the circumstances. This
> >> is not just idle curiosity. Janet and I used to exchanage
> >> e-mails and recipes periodically. The last time I e-mailed her
> >> recipe it bounced back.
> >>
> >> I also wonder about the status of Margaret Suran and Dora.

> > Crash passed away after a long and devastating illness the morning
> > of December 17, 2017, at the age of 53.
> >
> > Okay, back to looking for my potato salad recipe.
> >
> > Dams
> >

> Dams, I'm so very sorry to hear that, and especially at such a
> relatively young age. I hope things are looking up for you. You are
> very missed on RFC.
>
> I have 100 of your mom's recipes that ou once sent me, but no potato
> salad.

Thank you. He had a leaky bowel with terrible infections in 2014-15. He slowly died over a three year period.

I did find the potato salad!

Dilled Potato Salad

Recipe By : Damsel in dis Dress
Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : side dishes

8 medium russet potatoes -- diced
4 large eggs -- hard cooked
1 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon prepared mustard
3 tablespoon dill pickle juice -- *
1/2 cup dill pickles -- minced
1/2 teaspoon dill weed
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1 salt and pepper -- to taste

* If red potatoes are used, reduce pickle juice to 2 tbsp.

1. Hard cook the eggs; chill, remove shells, and cut in half. Remove yolks
and dice the whites. Set aside
2. Cook potatoes in water until desired tenderness. Drain; rinse under
cold, running water to stop the cooking process.
3. While potatoes are cooking, combine mashed egg yolks with remaining
ingredients.
4. Combine chilled potatoes and the sauce mixture. Add egg whites.
5. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight, to allow flavors to blend.
6. Check for moisture. If too dry, add more pickle juice or milk until
desired consistency is achieved.
7. Sprinkle paprika on top just prior to serving, if desired.

VARIATIONS:
- Use dill pickle relish instead of chopped pickles.
- Use fresh minced onions in place of onion powder.
- Add finely chopped celery for crunchiness.
- Add a dash of tabasco sauce for a little extra zing.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Damsel" wrote in message

On Saturday, June 16, 2018 at 2:48:02 PM UTC-5, Ophelia wrote:
> "Damsel" wrote in message
>
> On Thursday, June 14, 2018 at 10:55:37 PM UTC-5, Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> > I know that Janet Wilder passed away during a period when I was not
> > postng on RFC. Can anyone tell me the circumstances. This is not just
> > idle curiosity. Janet and I used to exchanage e-mails and recipes
> > periodically. The last time I e-mailed her recipe it bounced back.
> >
> > I also wonder about the status of Margaret Suran and Dora.

> Crash passed away after a long and devastating illness the morning of
> December 17, 2017, at the age of 53.
>
> Okay, back to looking for my potato salad recipe.
>
> Dams
>
> ==
>
> Oh, I am so sorry(( It is good to see you posting but such very sad
> news
>
> Please don't stop posting!!!
>
> Best O

Ophelia! So good to see you! I am locked out of the Crashman's computer (I
gave away his keyboard and mouse), so I've been bopping in here for the past
couple of days, searching for my recipes. It'll be another week before the
replacements are here. Then, I have to see if I remember his password. LOL!

Most of my online time is spent on Ancestry.com and Find-a-Grave. I have a
7,000 person family tree that I am cultivating. Facebook comes in second. I
will see if I have the time and the emotional strength to hang out here,
too.

I wouldn't be the same Damsel. My shrink hooked me up with a medication
that calms my brain, so I'm not a raging bitch on-and-off anymore. Just a
nice lady who likes to cook.

==

Damsel I will be happy to see you however you are) A nice lady who likes
to cook? That too)

So, please keep bopping in <g>

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, June 16, 2018 at 3:25:33 PM UTC-5, Ophelia wrote:
> "Damsel" wrote in message
>
> On Saturday, June 16, 2018 at 2:48:02 PM UTC-5, Ophelia wrote:
> > "Damsel" wrote in message
> >
> > On Thursday, June 14, 2018 at 10:55:37 PM UTC-5, Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> > > I know that Janet Wilder passed away during a period when I was not
> > > postng on RFC. Can anyone tell me the circumstances. This is not just
> > > idle curiosity. Janet and I used to exchanage e-mails and recipes
> > > periodically. The last time I e-mailed her recipe it bounced back.
> > >
> > > I also wonder about the status of Margaret Suran and Dora.

> > Crash passed away after a long and devastating illness the morning of
> > December 17, 2017, at the age of 53.
> >
> > Okay, back to looking for my potato salad recipe.
> >
> > Dams
> >
> > ==
> >
> > Oh, I am so sorry(( It is good to see you posting but such very sad
> > news
> >
> > Please don't stop posting!!!
> >
> > Best O

> Ophelia! So good to see you! I am locked out of the Crashman's computer (I
> gave away his keyboard and mouse), so I've been bopping in here for the past
> couple of days, searching for my recipes. It'll be another week before the
> replacements are here. Then, I have to see if I remember his password. LOL!
>
> Most of my online time is spent on Ancestry.com and Find-a-Grave. I have a
> 7,000 person family tree that I am cultivating. Facebook comes in second. I
> will see if I have the time and the emotional strength to hang out here,
> too.
>
> I wouldn't be the same Damsel. My shrink hooked me up with a medication
> that calms my brain, so I'm not a raging bitch on-and-off anymore. Just a
> nice lady who likes to cook.
>
> ==
>
> Damsel I will be happy to see you however you are) A nice lady who likes
> to cook? That too)
>
> So, please keep bopping in <g>

Oh, you don't want that bitch again. I call my medication my "anti-heinous-bitch" pills. I didn't like her, either.

If I'm gonna hang around here, it'll take awhile to get used to the set-up here again. I'm on Google Groups. When I was here before, I used a separate program.

Bop!
Damsel
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/16/2018 3:58 PM, Damsel wrote:

> I wouldn't be the same Damsel. My shrink hooked me up with a medication that calms my brain, so I'm not a raging bitch on-and-off anymore. Just a nice lady who likes to cook.

The way this group has evolved (or devolved) you may enjoy it better
without the meds.

Good to hear you are getting along though.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Damsel" wrote in message

On Saturday, June 16, 2018 at 3:25:33 PM UTC-5, Ophelia wrote:
> "Damsel" wrote in message
>
> On Saturday, June 16, 2018 at 2:48:02 PM UTC-5, Ophelia wrote:
> > "Damsel" wrote in message
> >
> > On Thursday, June 14, 2018 at 10:55:37 PM UTC-5, Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> > > I know that Janet Wilder passed away during a period when I was not
> > > postng on RFC. Can anyone tell me the circumstances. This is not
> > > just
> > > idle curiosity. Janet and I used to exchanage e-mails and recipes
> > > periodically. The last time I e-mailed her recipe it bounced back.
> > >
> > > I also wonder about the status of Margaret Suran and Dora.

> > Crash passed away after a long and devastating illness the morning of
> > December 17, 2017, at the age of 53.
> >
> > Okay, back to looking for my potato salad recipe.
> >
> > Dams
> >
> > ==
> >
> > Oh, I am so sorry(( It is good to see you posting but such very sad
> > news
> >
> > Please don't stop posting!!!
> >
> > Best O

> Ophelia! So good to see you! I am locked out of the Crashman's computer
> (I
> gave away his keyboard and mouse), so I've been bopping in here for the
> past
> couple of days, searching for my recipes. It'll be another week before
> the
> replacements are here. Then, I have to see if I remember his password.
> LOL!
>
> Most of my online time is spent on Ancestry.com and Find-a-Grave. I have a
> 7,000 person family tree that I am cultivating. Facebook comes in second.
> will see if I have the time and the emotional strength to hang out here,
> too.
>
> I wouldn't be the same Damsel. My shrink hooked me up with a medication
> that calms my brain, so I'm not a raging bitch on-and-off anymore. Just a
> nice lady who likes to cook.
>
> ==
>
> Damsel I will be happy to see you however you are) A nice lady who
> likes
> to cook? That too)
>
> So, please keep bopping in <g>

Oh, you don't want that bitch again. I call my medication my
"anti-heinous-bitch" pills. I didn't like her, either.

If I'm gonna hang around here, it'll take awhile to get used to the set-up
here again. I'm on Google Groups. When I was here before, I used a
separate program.

Bop!
Damsel
=

Whatever, it is still good to see Damsel posting So ... Bop backatcha)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, June 16, 2018 at 3:46:55 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 6/16/2018 3:58 PM, Damsel wrote:
>
> > I wouldn't be the same Damsel. My shrink hooked me up with a medication that calms my brain, so I'm not a raging bitch on-and-off anymore. Just a nice lady who likes to cook.
> >

> The way this group has evolved (or devolved) you may enjoy it better
> without the meds.
>
> Good to hear you are getting along though.

Thanks, Ed. Nope, T-Rex Damsel is gone now. Thanks for the welcome. I appreciate it!

Dams
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, June 16, 2018 at 3:52:34 PM UTC-5, Ophelia wrote:
> "Damsel" wrote in message
>
> On Saturday, June 16, 2018 at 3:25:33 PM UTC-5, Ophelia wrote:
> > "Damsel" wrote in message
> >
> > On Saturday, June 16, 2018 at 2:48:02 PM UTC-5, Ophelia wrote:

> > > Crash passed away after a long and devastating illness the morning of
> > > December 17, 2017, at the age of 53.
> > >
> > > Okay, back to looking for my potato salad recipe.
> > >
> > > Dams
> > >
> > > ==
> > >
> > > Oh, I am so sorry(( It is good to see you posting but such very sad
> > > news
> > >
> > > Please don't stop posting!!!
> > >
> > > Best O

> > Ophelia! So good to see you! I am locked out of the Crashman's computer
> > (I
> > gave away his keyboard and mouse), so I've been bopping in here for the
> > past
> > couple of days, searching for my recipes. It'll be another week before
> > the
> > replacements are here. Then, I have to see if I remember his password.
> > LOL!
> >
> > Most of my online time is spent on Ancestry.com and Find-a-Grave. I have a
> > 7,000 person family tree that I am cultivating. Facebook comes in second.
> > will see if I have the time and the emotional strength to hang out here,
> > too.
> >
> > I wouldn't be the same Damsel. My shrink hooked me up with a medication
> > that calms my brain, so I'm not a raging bitch on-and-off anymore. Just a
> > nice lady who likes to cook.
> >
> > ==
> >
> > Damsel I will be happy to see you however you are) A nice lady who
> > likes
> > to cook? That too)
> >
> > So, please keep bopping in <g>

> Oh, you don't want that bitch again. I call my medication my
> "anti-heinous-bitch" pills. I didn't like her, either.
>
> If I'm gonna hang around here, it'll take awhile to get used to the set-up
> here again. I'm on Google Groups. When I was here before, I used a
> separate program.
>
> Bop!
> Damsel
> =
>
> Whatever, it is still good to see Damsel posting So ... Bop backatcha)

There could still be the occasional Thwack! LOL!

Dams

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/16/2018 3:58 PM, Damsel wrote:

> I wouldn't be the same Damsel. My shrink hooked me up with
>a medication that calms my brain, so I'm not a raging bitch
>on-and-off anymore. Just a nice lady who likes to cook.

Hey you! So nice to see you here. I hope you're doing well.
I really like the looks of your potato salad, I'm setting a
reminder for next week to make it. Thanks!

nancy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/16/2018 3:33 PM, Damsel wrote:
> On Thursday, June 14, 2018 at 10:55:37 PM UTC-5, Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>> I know that Janet Wilder passed away during a period when I was not
>> postng on RFC. Can anyone tell me the circumstances. This is not just
>> idle curiosity. Janet and I used to exchanage e-mails and recipes
>> periodically. The last time I e-mailed her recipe it bounced back.
>>
>> I also wonder about the status of Margaret Suran and Dora.

> Crash passed away after a long and devastating illness the morning of December 17, 2017, at the age of 53.

I heard about that, Damsel. I'm sorry for your loss.

> Okay, back to looking for my potato salad recipe.
>
> Dams

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, June 16, 2018 at 10:14:00 AM UTC-10, Damsel in dis Dress wrote:

> Thank you. He had a leaky bowel with terrible infections in 2014-15. He slowly died over a three year period.
>
> I did find the potato salad!
>

> Dilled Potato Salad
>
> Recipe By : Damsel in dis Dress
> Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
> Categories : side dishes

> 8 medium russet potatoes -- diced
> 4 large eggs -- hard cooked
> 1 cup mayonnaise
> 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
> 3 tablespoon dill pickle juice -- *
> 1/2 cup dill pickles -- minced
> 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
> 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
> 1 salt and pepper -- to taste
>
> * If red potatoes are used, reduce pickle juice to 2 tbsp.
>
> 1. Hard cook the eggs; chill, remove shells, and cut in half. Remove yolks
> and dice the whites. Set aside
> 2. Cook potatoes in water until desired tenderness. Drain; rinse under
> cold, running water to stop the cooking process.
> 3. While potatoes are cooking, combine mashed egg yolks with remaining
> ingredients.
> 4. Combine chilled potatoes and the sauce mixture. Add egg whites.
> 5. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight, to allow flavors to blend.
> 6. Check for moisture. If too dry, add more pickle juice or milk until
> desired consistency is achieved.
> 7. Sprinkle paprika on top just prior to serving, if desired.
>
> VARIATIONS:
> - Use dill pickle relish instead of chopped pickles.
> - Use fresh minced onions in place of onion powder.
> - Add finely chopped celery for crunchiness.
> - Add a dash of tabasco sauce for a little extra zing.

Here's my potato salad

Japanese Potato Salad

Peel and cube potatoes and boil in water until soft and mashable, drain and cool.

Slice cucumber thinly and lightly salt, let sit for 20 minutes.

Slice carrots thinly and boil in water until slightly tender.

Mash potatoes until slightly chunky.

Add Japanese mayo or American mayo to potato. If using American mayo, add a good amount of MSG. You can add add a little vinegar, if desired.

Squeeze cucumber in hand to get rid of excess water, add to salad.

Drain carrots well and dry on paper towel, add to salad.

Salt and pepper to taste.

Additionally, you can add chopped hard boiled egg, ham, and corn(!) if desired. I don't but you can.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

dsi1 wrote:

> On Saturday, June 16, 2018 at 10:14:00 AM UTC-10, Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
> >
> > Thank you. He had a leaky bowel with terrible infections in 2014-15. He slowly died over a three year period.
> >
> > I did find the potato salad!
> >

> > Dilled Potato Salad
> >
> > Recipe By : Damsel in dis Dress
> > Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
> > Categories : side dishes
> >
> > Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
> > -------- ------------ --------------------------------
> > 8 medium russet potatoes -- diced
> > 4 large eggs -- hard cooked
> > 1 cup mayonnaise
> > 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
> > 3 tablespoon dill pickle juice -- *
> > 1/2 cup dill pickles -- minced
> > 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
> > 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
> > 1 salt and pepper -- to taste
> >
> > * If red potatoes are used, reduce pickle juice to 2 tbsp.
> >
> > 1. Hard cook the eggs; chill, remove shells, and cut in half. Remove yolks
> > and dice the whites. Set aside
> > 2. Cook potatoes in water until desired tenderness. Drain; rinse under
> > cold, running water to stop the cooking process.
> > 3. While potatoes are cooking, combine mashed egg yolks with remaining
> > ingredients.
> > 4. Combine chilled potatoes and the sauce mixture. Add egg whites.
> > 5. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight, to allow flavors to blend.
> > 6. Check for moisture. If too dry, add more pickle juice or milk until
> > desired consistency is achieved.
> > 7. Sprinkle paprika on top just prior to serving, if desired.
> >
> > VARIATIONS:
> > - Use dill pickle relish instead of chopped pickles.
> > - Use fresh minced onions in place of onion powder.
> > - Add finely chopped celery for crunchiness.
> > - Add a dash of tabasco sauce for a little extra zing.

> Here's my potato salad
>
> Japanese Potato Salad
>
> Peel and cube potatoes and boil in water until soft and mashable, drain and cool.
>
> Slice cucumber thinly and lightly salt, let sit for 20 minutes.
>
> Slice carrots thinly and boil in water until slightly tender.
>
> Mash potatoes until slightly chunky.
>
> Add Japanese mayo or American mayo to potato. If using American mayo, add a good amount of MSG. You can add add a little vinegar, if desired.
>
> Squeeze cucumber in hand to get rid of excess water, add to salad.
>
> Drain carrots well and dry on paper towel, add to salad.
>
> Salt and pepper to taste.
>
> Additionally, you can add chopped hard boiled egg, ham, and corn(!) if desired. I don't but you can.

I like it...I like cukes n' carrots in potato salad...before serving I'll throw in a few frozen peas, too...

--
Best
Greg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/16/2018 5:51 PM, Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
> On Saturday, June 16, 2018 at 3:52:34 PM UTC-5, Ophelia wrote:
>> "Damsel" wrote in message
>>
>> On Saturday, June 16, 2018 at 3:25:33 PM UTC-5, Ophelia wrote:

>>> Ophelia! So good to see you! I am locked out of the Crashman's computer
>>> (I
>>> gave away his keyboard and mouse), so I've been bopping in here for the
>>> past
>>> couple of days, searching for my recipes. It'll be another week before
>>> the
>>> replacements are here. Then, I have to see if I remember his password.
>>> LOL!
>>>
>>> Most of my online time is spent on Ancestry.com and Find-a-Grave. I have a
>>> 7,000 person family tree that I am cultivating. Facebook comes in second.
>>> will see if I have the time and the emotional strength to hang out here,
>>> too.
>>>
>>> I wouldn't be the same Damsel. My shrink hooked me up with a medication
>>> that calms my brain, so I'm not a raging bitch on-and-off anymore. Just a
>>> nice lady who likes to cook.
>>>
>>> ==
>>>
>>> Damsel I will be happy to see you however you are) A nice lady who
>>> likes
>>> to cook? That too)
>>>
>>> So, please keep bopping in <g>

>> Oh, you don't want that bitch again. I call my medication my
>> "anti-heinous-bitch" pills. I didn't like her, either.
>>
>> If I'm gonna hang around here, it'll take awhile to get used to the set-up
>> here again. I'm on Google Groups. When I was here before, I used a
>> separate program.
>>
>> Bop!
>> Damsel
>> =
>>
>> Whatever, it is still good to see Damsel posting So ... Bop backatcha)

> There could still be the occasional Thwack! LOL!
>
> Dams

Only a few people here will still remember the thwacks! LOL

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, June 16, 2018 at 2:50:31 PM UTC-10, GM wrote:

> I like it...I like cukes n' carrots in potato salad...before serving I'll throw in a few frozen peas, too...
>
> --
> Best
> Greg

It's a strange thing that something so simple can be so sublime with the addition of a few things. Frozen peas would be good too.

I got some Japanese potato salad from Safeway yesterday. I was very pleased to see it in deli case. However, it turned out to be just plain bad. The potatoes were undercooked and not mashed and it was made with just plain mayo. It was a salty, greasy, mass of sadness. That was almost 10 bucks down the drain. Sorry to bitch about a salad but it made me really sad.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Damsel in dis Dress" wrote in message

On Saturday, June 16, 2018 at 3:52:34 PM UTC-5, Ophelia wrote:
> "Damsel" wrote in message
>
> On Saturday, June 16, 2018 at 3:25:33 PM UTC-5, Ophelia wrote:
> > "Damsel" wrote in message
> >
> > On Saturday, June 16, 2018 at 2:48:02 PM UTC-5, Ophelia wrote:
> > > "Damsel" wrote in message

> > > Crash passed away after a long and devastating illness the morning of
> > > December 17, 2017, at the age of 53.
> > >
> > > Okay, back to looking for my potato salad recipe.
> > >
> > > Dams
> > >
> > > ==
> > >
> > > Oh, I am so sorry(( It is good to see you posting but such very
> > > sad
> > > news
> > >
> > > Please don't stop posting!!!
> > >
> > > Best O

> > Ophelia! So good to see you! I am locked out of the Crashman's
> > computer
> > (I
> > gave away his keyboard and mouse), so I've been bopping in here for the
> > past
> > couple of days, searching for my recipes. It'll be another week before
> > the
> > replacements are here. Then, I have to see if I remember his password.
> > LOL!
> >
> > Most of my online time is spent on Ancestry.com and Find-a-Grave. I have
> > 7,000 person family tree that I am cultivating. Facebook comes in
> > second.
> > will see if I have the time and the emotional strength to hang out here,
> > too.
> >
> > I wouldn't be the same Damsel. My shrink hooked me up with a medication
> > that calms my brain, so I'm not a raging bitch on-and-off anymore. Just
> > nice lady who likes to cook.
> >
> > ==
> >
> > Damsel I will be happy to see you however you are) A nice lady who
> > likes
> > to cook? That too)
> >
> > So, please keep bopping in <g>

> Oh, you don't want that bitch again. I call my medication my
> "anti-heinous-bitch" pills. I didn't like her, either.
>
> If I'm gonna hang around here, it'll take awhile to get used to the set-up
> here again. I'm on Google Groups. When I was here before, I used a
> separate program.
>
> Bop!
> Damsel
> =
>
> Whatever, it is still good to see Damsel posting So ... Bop
> backatcha)

There could still be the occasional Thwack! LOL!

Dams

==

LOL That's Our Damsel) Incidentally, and I am not kidding now, you may
need to get some of that Thwacking back and don't worry about it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message ...

On 6/16/2018 3:58 PM, Damsel wrote:

> I wouldn't be the same Damsel. My shrink hooked me up with a medication
> that calms my brain, so I'm not a raging bitch on-and-off anymore. Just a
> nice lady who likes to cook.

The way this group has evolved (or devolved) you may enjoy it better
without the meds.

Good to hear you are getting along though.

==

Ain't that the truth!!!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 17 Jun 2018 08:16:30 +0100, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message ...
>
>On 6/16/2018 3:58 PM, Damsel wrote:
>
>> I wouldn't be the same Damsel. My shrink hooked me up with a medication
>> that calms my brain, so I'm not a raging bitch on-and-off anymore. Just a
>> nice lady who likes to cook.
>>

>The way this group has evolved (or devolved) you may enjoy it better
>without the meds.
>
>Good to hear you are getting along though.
>
>==
>
>Ain't that the truth!!!

True, for instance, there's this woman called Ophelia who keeps making
these snide remarks lately. Uncalled for and out of the blue. Good
heavens!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Saturday, June 16, 2018 at 2:50:31 PM UTC-10, GM wrote:

> I like it...I like cukes n' carrots in potato salad...before serving I'll
> throw in a few frozen peas, too...
>
> --
> Best
> Greg

It's a strange thing that something so simple can be so sublime with the
addition of a few things. Frozen peas would be good too.

I got some Japanese potato salad from Safeway yesterday. I was very pleased
to see it in deli case. However, it turned out to be just plain bad. The
potatoes were undercooked and not mashed and it was made with just plain
mayo. It was a salty, greasy, mass of sadness. That was almost 10 bucks down
the drain. Sorry to bitch about a salad but it made me really sad.

==

I am sorry to hear that. Just one thing, you mash potato for a potato
salad?

That is new to me!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, June 16, 2018 at 4:58:36 PM UTC-5, Nancy Young wrote:
> On 6/16/2018 3:58 PM, Damsel wrote:
>
> > I wouldn't be the same Damsel. My shrink hooked me up with
> >a medication that calms my brain, so I'm not a raging bitch
> >on-and-off anymore. Just a nice lady who likes to cook.

> Hey you! So nice to see you here. I hope you're doing well.
> I really like the looks of your potato salad, I'm setting a
> reminder for next week to make it. Thanks!
>
> nancy

Hey lady!

I hope you like the tater salad!

Behave,
Dams

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, June 16, 2018 at 7:43:57 PM UTC-5, Jill McQuown wrote:
> On 6/16/2018 3:33 PM, Damsel wrote:
> > On Thursday, June 14, 2018 at 10:55:37 PM UTC-5, Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> >> I know that Janet Wilder passed away during a period when I was not
> >> postng on RFC. Can anyone tell me the circumstances. This is not just
> >> idle curiosity. Janet and I used to exchanage e-mails and recipes
> >> periodically. The last time I e-mailed her recipe it bounced back.
> >>
> >> I also wonder about the status of Margaret Suran and Dora.

> > Crash passed away after a long and devastating illness the morning of December 17, 2017, at the age of 53.
> >

> I heard about that, Damsel. I'm sorry for your loss.

Thank you, Jill. I appreciate it.

Dams

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote:

> On Sun, 17 Jun 2018 08:16:30 +0100, "Ophelia" >
> wrote:
>

> >"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message ...
> >
> >On 6/16/2018 3:58 PM, Damsel wrote:
> >
> >> I wouldn't be the same Damsel. My shrink hooked me up with a medication
> >> that calms my brain, so I'm not a raging bitch on-and-off anymore. Just a
> >> nice lady who likes to cook.
> >>

> >The way this group has evolved (or devolved) you may enjoy it better
> >without the meds.
> >
> >Good to hear you are getting along though.
> >
> >==
> >
> >Ain't that the truth!!!

> True, for instance, there's this woman called Ophelia who keeps making
> these snide remarks lately. Uncalled for and out of the blue. Good
> heavens!

Evidently even the OPH has a dark side. We all do though.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Damsel in dis Dress wrote:

> On Saturday, June 16, 2018 at 3:46:55 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> > On 6/16/2018 3:58 PM, Damsel wrote:
> >
> > > I wouldn't be the same Damsel. My shrink hooked me up with a
> > > medication that calms my brain, so I'm not a raging bitch
> > > on-and-off anymore. Just a nice lady who likes to cook.
> > >

> > The way this group has evolved (or devolved) you may enjoy it
> > better without the meds.
> >
> > Good to hear you are getting along though.

> Thanks, Ed. Nope, T-Rex Damsel is gone now. Thanks for the welcome.
> I appreciate it!
>
> Dams

Don't worry, we love you!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-06-17 9:54 AM, Gary wrote:
> Bruce wrote:

Ain't that the truth!!!

>> True, for instance, there's this woman called Ophelia who keeps making
>> these snide remarks lately. Uncalled for and out of the blue. Good
>> heavens!

> Evidently even the OPH has a dark side. We all do though.

She is like the evil creature on a horror movie who keeps escaping from
the filter.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia wrote:

> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Saturday, June 16, 2018 at 2:50:31 PM UTC-10, GM wrote:
> >

> > I like it...I like cukes n' carrots in potato salad...before
> > serving I'll throw in a few frozen peas, too...
> >
> > -- Best
> > Greg

> It's a strange thing that something so simple can be so sublime with
> the addition of a few things. Frozen peas would be good too.
>
> I got some Japanese potato salad from Safeway yesterday. I was very
> pleased to see it in deli case. However, it turned out to be just
> plain bad. The potatoes were undercooked and not mashed and it was
> made with just plain mayo. It was a salty, greasy, mass of sadness.
> That was almost 10 bucks down the drain. Sorry to bitch about a salad
> but it made me really sad.
>
> ==
>
> I am sorry to hear that. Just one thing, you mash potato for a potato
> salad?
>
> That is new to me!

There are several types and not all are distinct chunks of potato.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"cshenk" wrote in message

Ophelia wrote:

> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Saturday, June 16, 2018 at 2:50:31 PM UTC-10, GM wrote:
> >

> > I like it...I like cukes n' carrots in potato salad...before
> > serving I'll throw in a few frozen peas, too...
> >
> > -- Best
> > Greg

> It's a strange thing that something so simple can be so sublime with
> the addition of a few things. Frozen peas would be good too.
>
> I got some Japanese potato salad from Safeway yesterday. I was very
> pleased to see it in deli case. However, it turned out to be just
> plain bad. The potatoes were undercooked and not mashed and it was
> made with just plain mayo. It was a salty, greasy, mass of sadness.
> That was almost 10 bucks down the drain. Sorry to bitch about a salad
> but it made me really sad.
>
> ==
>
> I am sorry to hear that. Just one thing, you mash potato for a potato
> salad?
>
> That is new to me!

There are several types and not all are distinct chunks of potato.

==

I gathered that Not something I've ever seen)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, June 16, 2018 at 10:35:37 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

> I am sorry to hear that. Just one thing, you mash potato for a potato
> salad?
>
> That is new to me!

Yes, I know it sounds a bit bizarre.

https://www.chopstickchronicles.com/...-potato-salad/
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia wrote:

> "cshenk" wrote in message
>
> Ophelia wrote:
>

> > "dsi1" wrote in message
> >
> > On Saturday, June 16, 2018 at 2:50:31 PM UTC-10, GM wrote:
> > >

> >> I like it...I like cukes n' carrots in potato salad...before
> >> serving I'll throw in a few frozen peas, too...
> > >
> >> -- Best
> >> Greg

> > It's a strange thing that something so simple can be so sublime with
> > the addition of a few things. Frozen peas would be good too.
> >
> > I got some Japanese potato salad from Safeway yesterday. I was very
> > pleased to see it in deli case. However, it turned out to be just
> > plain bad. The potatoes were undercooked and not mashed and it was
> > made with just plain mayo. It was a salty, greasy, mass of sadness.
> > That was almost 10 bucks down the drain. Sorry to bitch about a
> > salad but it made me really sad.
> >
> > ==
> >
> > I am sorry to hear that. Just one thing, you mash potato for a
> > potato salad?
> >
> > That is new to me!

> There are several types and not all are distinct chunks of potato.
>
> ==
>
> I gathered that Not something I've ever seen)

I think it was a German version when I first saw it. More like lumpy
mustardly 'salad'. Worked really well.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/17/2018 2:30 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> On Saturday, June 16, 2018 at 10:35:37 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
>>
>> I am sorry to hear that. Just one thing, you mash potato for a potato
>> salad?
>>
>> That is new to me!

> Yes, I know it sounds a bit bizarre.
>
> https://www.chopstickchronicles.com/...-potato-salad/

Where but in RFC would you look for potato salad recipes in a thread
named "Deceased"? Talk about thread drift!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in message

> Where but in RFC would you look for potato salad recipes in a thread named
> "Deceased"? Talk about thread drift!

Potato salad is a staple at funeral gatherings.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cheri wrote:
>Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>> Where but in RFC would you look for potato salad recipes in a thread named
>> "Deceased"? Talk about thread drift!

>Potato salad is a staple at funeral gatherings.

Not in my world.
Viands are typically hard liquor and rich cake... Slivervitz and Honey
cake with almonds. One thing I know is Jews know how to orchistrate a
funeral. I grew up in a predominately Jewish neigborhood in Brooklyn
and Jews know all about great foods for every occasion, especially
funerals; pickled herrings and fresh baked breads
are a must. Growing up in Brooklyn during the 40s-50s there was no
such thing as foreign foods.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, June 17, 2018 at 7:35:37 PM UTC-5, Cheri wrote:

> "Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in message
>
> > Where but in RFC would you look for potato salad recipes in a thread named
> > "Deceased"? Talk about thread drift!

> Potato salad is a staple at funeral gatherings.
>
> Cheri

Don't forget fried chicken.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, June 17, 2018 at 8:21:23 PM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:

> Cheri wrote:
>
> >Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> >> Where but in RFC would you look for potato salad recipes in a thread named
> >> "Deceased"? Talk about thread drift!

> >Potato salad is a staple at funeral gatherings.

> Not in my world.
> Viands are typically hard liquor and rich cake... Slivervitz and Honey
> cake with almonds. One thing I know is Jews know how to orchistrate a
> funeral. I grew up in a predominately Jewish neigborhood in Brooklyn
> and Jews know all about great foods for every occasion, especially
> funerals; pickled herrings and fresh baked breads
> are a must. Growing up in Brooklyn during the 40s-50s there was no
> such thing as foreign foods.

It all depends on your culture.

Your culture said hard liquor and cake. My culture says fried chicken,
potato salad, deviled eggs, and pecan pies.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> On Sunday, June 17, 2018 at 7:35:37 PM UTC-5, Cheri wrote:
>>
>> "Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in message
>>
>> > Where but in RFC would you look for potato salad recipes in a thread
>> > named
>> > "Deceased"? Talk about thread drift!

>> Potato salad is a staple at funeral gatherings.
>>
>> Cheri
>>

> Don't forget fried chicken.

That too, but put it on a nice platter so nobody sees the bucket. ;-)

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> On Sunday, June 17, 2018 at 8:21:23 PM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:
>>
>> Cheri wrote:

>> >Potato salad is a staple at funeral gatherings.

>> Not in my world.
>> Viands are typically hard liquor and rich cake... Slivervitz and Honey
>> cake with almonds. One thing I know is Jews know how to orchistrate a
>> funeral. I grew up in a predominately Jewish neigborhood in Brooklyn
>> and Jews know all about great foods for every occasion, especially
>> funerals; pickled herrings and fresh baked breads
>> are a must. Growing up in Brooklyn during the 40s-50s there was no
>> such thing as foreign foods.
>>

> It all depends on your culture.
>
> Your culture said hard liquor and cake. My culture says fried chicken,
> potato salad, deviled eggs, and pecan pies.

Sounds like my culture, except beer and hard liquor, cake instead of pie.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, June 17, 2018 at 3:49:32 PM UTC-10, wrote:

> Your culture said hard liquor and cake. My culture says fried chicken,
> potato salad, deviled eggs, and pecan pies.

My culture has fried chicken and potato salad. I sure wish it had pecan pies. I can take or leave the deviled eggs.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, June 17, 2018 at 9:49:32 PM UTC-4, wrote:
> On Sunday, June 17, 2018 at 8:21:23 PM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:
> >
> > Cheri wrote:

> > >Potato salad is a staple at funeral gatherings.

> > Not in my world.
> > Viands are typically hard liquor and rich cake... Slivervitz and Honey
> > cake with almonds. One thing I know is Jews know how to orchistrate a
> > funeral. I grew up in a predominately Jewish neigborhood in Brooklyn
> > and Jews know all about great foods for every occasion, especially
> > funerals; pickled herrings and fresh baked breads
> > are a must. Growing up in Brooklyn during the 40s-50s there was no
> > such thing as foreign foods.
> >

> It all depends on your culture.
>
> Your culture said hard liquor and cake. My culture says fried chicken,
> potato salad, deviled eggs, and pecan pies.

Ham. Always a ham at a funeral.

Actually, I haven't been to a good, old-fashioned funeral in years.
We don't have 'em in my family anymore, and my husband's family lets
the church ladies do the catering. They buy some cheap-ass stuff
from the grocery store deli. Nasty. At least we're done with that;
now that his father is gone he won't have any reason to go to his
remaining brothers' funerals.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 17 Jun 2018 dsi1 wrote:

>On June 17, 2018 itsjoan wrote:
>>
>> Your culture said hard liquor and cake. My culture says fried chicken,
>> potato salad, deviled eggs, and pecan pies.

>My culture has fried chicken and potato salad. I sure wish it had pecan pies.
>I can take or leave the deviled eggs.

I detest deviled eggs, I think they are an abomination, the very worst
of all possible ways to serve eggs. At Upstate NY funerals the church
ladies put out deviled eggs and cheap bologna on cheap white with
yallow mustard... and buckets of beer. Not long before the VFW hall
is cleared out by tear gas farting.