Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default iDinner Tonight

Luscious pork chops with ziti rigotti and homemade sauce:
https://postimg.cc/image/wrqx6p1xn/
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, June 10, 2018 at 6:38:32 PM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:

> Luscious pork chops with ziti rigotti and homemade sauce:
> https://postimg.cc/image/wrqx6p1xn/

I'll take the pork chops and you can keep the ziti rigotti.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 10 Jun 2018 17:49:41 -0700 (PDT), "
<itsjoannotjoann wrote:
> June 10, 2018 penmsrt wrote:
>>
>> Luscious pork chops with ziti rigotti and homemade sauce:
>> https://postimg.cc/image/wrqx6p1xn/
>>

>I'll take the pork chops and you can keep the ziti rigotti.

No luscious sauce either?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 11 Jun 2018 07:04:33 -0400, wrote:

>On Sun, 10 Jun 2018 17:49:41 -0700 (PDT), "
><itsjoannotjoann wrote:
>> June 10, 2018 penmsrt wrote:
>>>
>>> Luscious pork chops with ziti rigotti and homemade sauce:

https://postimg.cc/image/wrqx6p1xn/

>>I'll take the pork chops and you can keep the ziti rigotti.

>No luscious sauce either?

You cook 50s food. Even Anglos are over that.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 11 Jun 2018 21:11:39 +1000, Bruce >
wrote:

>On Mon, 11 Jun 2018 07:04:33 -0400, wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 10 Jun 2018 17:49:41 -0700 (PDT), "
>><itsjoannotjoann wrote:

https://postimg.cc/image/wrqx6p1xn/

>>>I'll take the pork chops and you can keep the ziti rigotti.

>>No luscious sauce either?

>You cook 50s food. Even Anglos are over that.

Those pork chops were fresh, never frozen.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, June 11, 2018 at 6:04:37 AM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:

> On Sun, 10 Jun 2018 17:49:41 -0700 (PDT), "
> <itsjoannotjoann wrote:
> > June 10, 2018 penmsrt wrote:
> >>
> >> Luscious pork chops with ziti rigotti and homemade sauce:
> >> https://postimg.cc/image/wrqx6p1xn/
> >>

> >I'll take the pork chops and you can keep the ziti rigotti.

> No luscious sauce either?

Naw, just give me the pork chops. Well, maybe a spoonful of sauce.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 11 Jun 2018 06:31:42 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Monday, June 11, 2018 at 6:04:37 AM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:
>>
>> On Sun, 10 Jun 2018 17:49:41 -0700 (PDT), "
>> <itsjoannotjoann wrote:

>> >I'll take the pork chops and you can keep the ziti rigotti.

>> No luscious sauce either?
>>

>Naw, just give me the pork chops. Well, maybe a spoonful of sauce.

Are you allergic to pasta? If on a diet pork chops contain many more
calories than pasta. Can't be you don't like pasta, if so to me you
are a first.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, June 11, 2018 at 9:52:32 AM UTC-4, Sheldon wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Jun 2018 06:31:42 -0700 (PDT), "
> > wrote:
>
> >On Monday, June 11, 2018 at 6:04:37 AM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:

> >> No luscious sauce either?
> >>

> >Naw, just give me the pork chops. Well, maybe a spoonful of sauce.

> Are you allergic to pasta? If on a diet pork chops contain many more
> calories than pasta.

Pasta is empty calories. At least the calories in pork chops
are useful.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

https://postimg.cc/image/wrqx6p1xn/

>>>No luscious sauce either?

>>You cook 50s food. Even Anglos are over that.

>Those pork chops were fresh, never frozen.

I'm pretty sure they had fresh pork chops in the '50s

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, June 11, 2018 at 8:52:32 AM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:

> On Mon, 11 Jun 2018 06:31:42 -0700 (PDT), "
> > wrote:
>
> >Naw, just give me the pork chops. Well, maybe a spoonful of sauce.

> Are you allergic to pasta? If on a diet pork chops contain many more
> calories than pasta. Can't be you don't like pasta, if so to me you
> are a first.

No, I love pasta just not those huge size varieties of pasta.
Rigatoni and lasagna just induce the gag reflex.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

https://postimg.cc/image/wrqx6p1xn/

> >>No luscious sauce either?

> >You cook 50s food. Even Anglos are over that.

> Those pork chops were fresh, never frozen.

So you ruined fresh chops with that crappy red sauce.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

> On Sun, 10 Jun 2018 17:49:41 -0700 (PDT), "
> <itsjoannotjoann wrote:
> > June 10, 2018 penmsrt wrote:
> >>
> >> Luscious pork chops with ziti rigotti and homemade sauce:

https://postimg.cc/image/wrqx6p1xn/

> >I'll take the pork chops and you can keep the ziti rigotti.

> No luscious sauce either?

Personally, I certainly would NOT have put that spaghetti sauce
(homemade or not) on a good pork chop. Total TIAD!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gary wrote:
> wrote:
>>
>> On Sun, 10 Jun 2018 17:49:41 -0700 (PDT), "
>> <itsjoannotjoann wrote:

https://postimg.cc/image/wrqx6p1xn/

>>> I'll take the pork chops and you can keep the ziti rigotti.

>> No luscious sauce either?

> Personally, I certainly would NOT have put that spaghetti sauce
> (homemade or not) on a good pork chop. Total TIAD!

There's no accounting for Popeye's preferences.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
>
> Luscious pork chops with ziti rigotti and homemade sauce:
> https://postimg.cc/image/wrqx6p1xn/

Pork chops here too, with brown Jasmine rice and stir fry veg.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, June 10, 2018 at 1:38:32 PM UTC-10, Sheldon wrote:
> Luscious pork chops with ziti rigotti and homemade sauce:
> https://postimg.cc/image/wrqx6p1xn/

I had a rib steak.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...KEX2ItY1SWnHrI

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" > wrote in message
> On Sunday, June 10, 2018 at 1:38:32 PM UTC-10, Sheldon wrote:
>> Luscious pork chops with ziti rigotti and homemade sauce:
>> https://postimg.cc/image/wrqx6p1xn/

> I had a rib steak.
>
> https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...KEX2ItY1SWnHrI

Looks good, and cooked to the doneness I like.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 12 Jun 2018 04:07:06 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
wrote:

>On Sunday, June 10, 2018 at 1:38:32 PM UTC-10, Sheldon wrote:
>> Luscious pork chops with ziti rigotti and homemade sauce:
>> https://postimg.cc/image/wrqx6p1xn/

>I had a rib steak.
>
>https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...KEX2ItY1SWnHrI

Looks nicely cooked, just the doneness I prefer, but why did you cut
it all up in advance? I would have cut a steak as I'm eating it so it
stays hot and the juices don't all run out. I serve steak on a wooden
board (trencher), wood wont draw the heat out and won't dull your
steak knives. I hope you don't use serrated steak knives like they
serve at most steak houses, they don't slice, they tear the meat. I
have a set of steak knives with a sharp scalloped edge like a quality
bread knife... excellent for slicing ripe tomatoes too. My steak
knives look like they put a handle on a Cusinart food processor blade,
made by Sabatier. I'm sure I posted pictures of these steak knives
but I don't feel like searching.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gary wrote:
>> wrote:

https://postimg.cc/image/wrqx6p1xn/

>>> No luscious sauce either?

>> Personally, I certainly would NOT have put that spaghetti sauce
>> (homemade or not) on a good pork chop. Total TIAD!

First off that sauce was made by browning and braising a whole lot of
shoulder pork chops, a twelve quart potful, portioned in quart
containers and frozen... the meat frozen seperately and the bones
tossed.
But these are center cut rib chops, seared and then braised in that
sauce until practically falling off the bone, unctiously delish. I
have the leftovers for tonight's dinner.

Pork chops are relatively inexpensive and chops browned and braised in
homemade sauce are the furthest from TIAD as it gets. And family
packs of shoulder chops go on sale often, about $1.39/lb, and after
braising to make the sauce that meat is like the best pork ever, much
better than that TIAD stringy pulled pork all douched in sickly sweet
bbq sauce that gives rebels orgasms.

I've tried a few brands of jarred pasta sauce, all AWFUL...

And this week Tops Market is having a big meat sale, about 20
different cuts of beef and pork BOGO.

TopsMarket.com
"BUY ONE GET ONE FREE SALE! MIX OR MATCH! OVER 20 CUTS TO CHOOSE FROM!
Tops Premium All Natural Pork
Tops Pork Chop Sale
Boneless Pork Loin, Roasts, Country Style Ribs
Buy One, Get One FREE Save with your TOPS BonusPlus"

I only bought pork as I have plenty of beef roasts in my freezer, and
they have this same meat sale a few times a year. I spotted two nice
boneless beef chuck steaks, put them in my cart and then remembered
the last time I ground them for burgers that were too fatty, put those
steaks back.

Tops carries the best pork, chops are nicely marbled.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, June 12, 2018 at 3:11:06 AM UTC-10, Sheldon wrote:

> Looks nicely cooked, just the doneness I prefer, but why did you cut
> it all up in advance? I would have cut a steak as I'm eating it so it
> stays hot and the juices don't all run out. I serve steak on a wooden
> board (trencher), wood wont draw the heat out and won't dull your
> steak knives. I hope you don't use serrated steak knives like they
> serve at most steak houses, they don't slice, they tear the meat. I
> have a set of steak knives with a sharp scalloped edge like a quality
> bread knife... excellent for slicing ripe tomatoes too. My steak
> knives look like they put a handle on a Cusinart food processor blade,
> made by Sabatier. I'm sure I posted pictures of these steak knives
> but I don't feel like searching.

American style is to serve a steak whole. Cutting up a steak would be Japan style. Here's the steak as served by Morimoto Asia. We took my daddy there on his birthday.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...VuWYF7QEqrTv5f

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/11/2018 3:22 PM, Gary wrote:
> wrote:
>>
>> On Sun, 10 Jun 2018 17:49:41 -0700 (PDT), "
>> <itsjoannotjoann wrote:

https://postimg.cc/image/wrqx6p1xn/

>>> I'll take the pork chops and you can keep the ziti rigotti.

>> No luscious sauce either?

> Personally, I certainly would NOT have put that spaghetti sauce
> (homemade or not) on a good pork chop. Total TIAD!

He does it all the time. <shrug>

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/12/2018 9:11 AM, wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Jun 2018 04:07:06 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
> wrote:
>
>> On Sunday, June 10, 2018 at 1:38:32 PM UTC-10, Sheldon wrote:
>>> Luscious pork chops with ziti rigotti and homemade sauce:

https://postimg.cc/image/wrqx6p1xn/

>> I had a rib steak.
>>
>> https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...KEX2ItY1SWnHrI

> Looks nicely cooked, just the doneness I prefer, but why did you cut
> it all up in advance?

I'm sure he did it so the doneness of the steak was obvious. Or maybe
he just did it to bug you.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 12 Jun 2018 10:06:15 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
wrote:

>On Tuesday, June 12, 2018 at 3:11:06 AM UTC-10, Sheldon wrote:
>>
>> Looks nicely cooked, just the doneness I prefer, but why did you cut
>> it all up in advance? I would have cut a steak as I'm eating it so it
>> stays hot and the juices don't all run out. I serve steak on a wooden
>> board (trencher), wood wont draw the heat out and won't dull your
>> steak knives. I hope you don't use serrated steak knives like they
>> serve at most steak houses, they don't slice, they tear the meat. I
>> have a set of steak knives with a sharp scalloped edge like a quality
>> bread knife... excellent for slicing ripe tomatoes too. My steak
>> knives look like they put a handle on a Cusinart food processor blade,
>> made by Sabatier. I'm sure I posted pictures of these steak knives
>> but I don't feel like searching.

>American style is to serve a steak whole. Cutting up a steak would be Japan style. Here's the steak as served by Morimoto Asia. We took my daddy there on his birthday.
>
>https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...VuWYF7QEqrTv5f

That steak looks well done, cutting it into bits matters not... not a
very good looking steak.
Amazon takes a long time to download images, and then even enlarged by
clicking on them they are small.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/12/2018 2:55 PM, wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Jun 2018 10:06:15 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
> wrote:
>
>> On Tuesday, June 12, 2018 at 3:11:06 AM UTC-10, Sheldon wrote:
>>>
>>> Looks nicely cooked, just the doneness I prefer, but why did you cut
>>> it all up in advance? I would have cut a steak as I'm eating it so it
>>> stays hot and the juices don't all run out. I serve steak on a wooden
>>> board (trencher), wood wont draw the heat out and won't dull your
>>> steak knives. I hope you don't use serrated steak knives like they
>>> serve at most steak houses, they don't slice, they tear the meat. I
>>> have a set of steak knives with a sharp scalloped edge like a quality
>>> bread knife... excellent for slicing ripe tomatoes too. My steak
>>> knives look like they put a handle on a Cusinart food processor blade,
>>> made by Sabatier. I'm sure I posted pictures of these steak knives
>>> but I don't feel like searching.

>> American style is to serve a steak whole. Cutting up a steak would be Japan style. Here's the steak as served by Morimoto Asia. We took my daddy there on his birthday.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...VuWYF7QEqrTv5f

> That steak looks well done, cutting it into bits matters not... not a
> very good looking steak.
> Amazon takes a long time to download images, and then even enlarged by
> clicking on them they are small.

It's a thumbnail image.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> On Tue 12 Jun 2018 10:00:23a, John Granade told us...
>
>> On 6/12/2018 10:36 AM, Sheldon Kikey Katz wrote:
>>> I have plenty of beef roasts in my freezer
>>>

>> But...but you K-Lame that you *never* freeze your beef roasts,
>>

> but he also K-Lames that he has always kept (snipped a bunch of stuff)

Wayne, please don't jump on the troll bandwagon. I know you know how to
ignore or k/f him.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/12/2018 3:25 PM, jmcquown wrote:
> On 6/12/2018 1:46 PM, Wayne Boatwright wrote:

>>> But...but you K-Lame that you *never* freeze your beef roasts,
>>>

>> but he also K-Lames that he has always kept (snipped a bunch of stuff)

> Wayne, please don't jump on the troll bandwagon.Â* I know you know how to
> ignore or k/f him.
>
> Jill

STFU, stupid ****.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/12/2018 3:21 PM, jmcquown wrote:
> On 6/12/2018 2:55 PM, wrote:
>> On Tue, 12 Jun 2018 10:06:15 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
>> wrote:

>>> American style is to serve a steak whole. Cutting up a steak would be
>>> Japan style. Here's the steak as served by Morimoto Asia. We took my
>>> daddy there on his birthday.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...VuWYF7QEqrTv5f

>> That steak looks well done, cutting it into bits matters not... not a
>> very good looking steak.
>> Amazon takes a long time to download images, and then even enlarged by
>> clicking on them they are small.
>>

> It's a thumbnail image.
>
> Jill

Yes, and it loads fast and enlarges about instantly.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 12 Jun 2018 17:51:00 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>On 6/12/2018 3:21 PM, jmcquown wrote:
>> On 6/12/2018 2:55 PM, wrote:

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...VuWYF7QEqrTv5f

>>> That steak looks well done, cutting it into bits matters not... not a
>>> very good looking steak.
>>> Amazon takes a long time to download images, and then even enlarged by
>>> clicking on them they are small.
>>>

>> It's a thumbnail image.
>>
>> Jill

>Yes, and it loads fast and enlarges about instantly.

Is that what they had left over after an operation?

FYI: Jay Leno's last tonight show, tonight. Becca General Cooking 4 31-05-2009 12:46 AM
FYI: Jay Leno's last tonight show, tonight. Andy[_15_] General Cooking 3 30-05-2009 05:38 PM
FYI: Jay Leno's last tonight show, tonight. cybercat General Cooking 0 29-05-2009 06:27 PM
UK only Ch4 tonight John T Wine 3 16-09-2008 07:58 AM
Big hit tonight. :-) Kevin Craig Barbecue 0 26-09-2004 03:08 AM