Old 12-06-2018, 10:13 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Anthony Bourdain RIP

On Tuesday, June 12, 2018 at 11:05:32 AM UTC-10, Paul M. Cook wrote:

Why wait? Other than relieving pain it has no affect. You can drive and
even run a bulldozer while taking it. You have to get over the taste. It
does not taste very good.

---

My friend has been using that hemp oil. He fell down on the job and has been using it for his injuries. I shall inquire on it's effectiveness.

I fell down in the kitchen yesterday. It created a big knot in my ankle a bump on my knee. I took a couple of ibuprofens and sprayed my leg down with some very hot water and went to bed. I was surprised when I woke up a short time later and found that the big lumps had gone down dramatically. This morning when I woke up the bumps were gone. It is most remarkable. I have some pain in the ankle but that will take a while to heal.

Old 12-06-2018, 10:50 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, June 12, 2018 at 11:09:14 AM UTC-10, Cheri wrote:
https://tinyurl.com/yb5es76c

Culturally, he's only slightly blacker than I am. You or I could have moved to Chicago or NY in our late teens but that won't make us black - or would it?
Old 13-06-2018, 12:44 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message
On Tuesday, June 12, 2018 at 11:09:14 AM UTC-10, Cheri wrote:
https://tinyurl.com/yb5es76c

Culturally, he's only slightly blacker than I am. You or I could have
moved to Chicago or NY in our late teens but that won't make us black - or
would it?

Of course I did not write that, so "you" doesn't apply. I have no idea what
the link is because I don't ever click them on.

Cheri

Old 13-06-2018, 12:50 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, June 12, 2018 at 1:44:51 PM UTC-10, Cheri wrote:

Of course I did not write that, so "you" doesn't apply. I have no idea what
the link is because I don't ever click them on.

Cheri

Believe me, you don't want to know!
Old 13-06-2018, 01:28 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message
On Tuesday, June 12, 2018 at 1:44:51 PM UTC-10, Cheri wrote:

Of course I did not write that, so "you" doesn't apply. I have no idea
what
the link is because I don't ever click them on.

Cheri

Believe me, you don't want to know!

I'm pretty sure of that. LOL

Cheri

Old 13-06-2018, 02:01 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, June 12, 2018 at 2:30:04 PM UTC-10, Cheri wrote:

I'm pretty sure of that. LOL

Cheri

You are a wiser person than I.
Old 13-06-2018, 08:49 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Tuesday, June 12, 2018 at 11:05:32 AM UTC-10, Paul M. Cook wrote:

Why wait? Other than relieving pain it has no affect. You can drive and
even run a bulldozer while taking it. You have to get over the taste. It
does not taste very good.

---

My friend has been using that hemp oil. He fell down on the job and has been
using it for his injuries. I shall inquire on it's effectiveness.

I fell down in the kitchen yesterday. It created a big knot in my ankle a
bump on my knee. I took a couple of ibuprofens and sprayed my leg down with
some very hot water and went to bed. I was surprised when I woke up a short
time later and found that the big lumps had gone down dramatically. This
morning when I woke up the bumps were gone. It is most remarkable. I have
some pain in the ankle but that will take a while to heal.

==

Surprise indeed! I would never have thought of spraying it with hot water!

Old 13-06-2018, 11:17 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, June 12, 2018 at 5:05:32 PM UTC-4, Paul M. Cook wrote:
"Cindy Hamilton" wrote in message
On Sunday, June 10, 2018 at 10:38:08 AM UTC-4, Paul M. Cook wrote:
"Cindy Hamilton" wrote in message
On Friday, June 8, 2018 at 5:00:35 PM UTC-4, Sheldon wrote:
On Fri, 08 Jun 2018 15:36:25 -0400, Gary wrote:

"U.S. Janet B." wrote:

On Fri, 8 Jun 2018 09:32:27 -0400, Dave Smith
wrote:

I had a late start this morning and was surprised that no one else
had
posted about the death of Anthony Bourdain.... by suicide. What a
tragedy. He was a very interesting guy.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/08/us/an...bit/index.html

That is unexpected. From an outsider's perspective, it seemed he
had
it all figured out.
Janet US

It wasn't on this morning's news but will probably be on this
evening's news. That is a shock to me. I suspect though that this
probably wasn't a "depression suicide." I suspect he might have
had some terminal health problem and he decided to end it quickly
rather than some lingering death. If that's the case, I'm with
him. Quality of life over quantity.

Charles Krauthammer's doctors gave him three weeks to live (an
agressive form ofcancer), Charles, a Psychiatrist, MD) likely thinks
Anthony is a stupid douchebag and I have to agree. Life is too short
as it is, only an uncaring shallow brained moroon makes it shorter.
I have no pity for anyone who commits suicide, and they deserve no
pity for leaving their family and friends with that horrendous burdon.
Anthony Bourdain lived his life as a sspineless coward and deserves an
unmarked grave. If only there was some way that Krauthammer could
have claimed Burdain's unlived life. . . .
Let's all erase Anthony Burdain's name from our memory... the useless
putz left a young child to suffer the rest of her life with a heart
breaking memory. I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO PITY FOR "WHAT'S HIS NAME".

My husband is in chronic pain, and opioids don't help much.
He's talked about committing suicide should the pain increase.
I said, "Do what you have to do." He's neither a coward nor
a wimp.

CBD oil is a miracle and it has no addictive properties or hallucinogenic
effects.

Thanks for the recommendation. He'll probably try it after he retires.

Why wait? Other than relieving pain it has no affect. You can drive and
even run a bulldozer while taking it. You have to get over the taste. It
does not taste very good.

He has a security clearance. DoD is very weird about these things.

Cindy Hamilton
Old 13-06-2018, 12:40 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/13/2018 6:28 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

You'd be surprised. U.S. natives almost universally use tines up
and switch from left to right. Granted, it can be foolish to
generalize over a country of 300 million, but the numbers really
are overwhelming.

I thought this was interesting:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifes...3125 4912d5ba

or

https://tinyurl.com/y6v6vn8a

nancy
Old 13-06-2018, 02:49 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-06-13, Nancy Young wrote:

I thought this was interesting:

It is.

I never even knew that some Europeans used that particular fork/knife
combination (left/right, respectively). OTOH, I am always left with
that image from the film, Sexy Beast, where Ray Winestone holds his
fork/knife while cautiously conversing with Ian McShane (Teddy Bass)
and continually "crossing" (?) his kife/fork with each other. Now,
it's been explained. Thnx, Nancy.

nb

Old 13-06-2018, 03:04 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/13/2018 6:28 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

I'm a little odd: tines up but no switching. I'm a southpaw, so
everything I do is a little weird. Fork in the left hand and
knife in the right.

Cindy Hamilton

Not odd at all. Wide and I are both lefties and do the same. Seem
silly to switch hands.
Old 13-06-2018, 03:07 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, June 13, 2018 at 10:04:55 AM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 6/13/2018 6:28 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

I'm a little odd: tines up but no switching. I'm a southpaw, so
everything I do is a little weird. Fork in the left hand and
knife in the right.

Cindy Hamilton

Not odd at all. Wide and I are both lefties and do the same. Seem
silly to switch hands.

Yet everybody else in my family switches, so I didn't learn it
from them.

I suspect it's because most lefties are somewhat ambidextrous
from living in a right-handed world, so it's comfortable to
use the knife with the off hand.

Cindy Hamilton
Old 13-06-2018, 03:29 PM posted to rec.food.cooking,soc.culture.african.american,rec.arts.tv.soaps.cbs

In article ,
says...
On Tuesday, June 12, 2018 at 11:09:14 AM UTC-10, Cheri wrote:

https://tinyurl.com/yb5es76c

Culturally, he's only slightly blacker than I am. You or I could have moved to Chicago or NY in our late teens but that won't make us black - or would it?

I'm pretty sure of that. LOL

Cheri

You are a wiser person than I.

Are you an NAACP member?

(National Association of Apes Called People)
Old 13-06-2018, 03:33 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-06-13, Nancy Young wrote:

I thought this was interesting:

It is.

I never even knew that some Europeans used that particular fork/knife
combination (left/right, respectively). OTOH, I am always left with
that image from the film, Sexy Beast, where Ray Winestone holds his
fork/knife while cautiously conversing with Ian McShane (Teddy Bass)
and continually "crossing" (?) his kife/fork with each other. Now,
it's been explained. Thnx, Nancy.

I remember seeing a WWII movie where someone is on the run from the
Germans and someone points out that he is switching his fork back and
forth. Maybe it was Counterfeit Traitor.

Old 13-06-2018, 03:38 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-06-13 10:07 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

I suspect it's because most lefties are somewhat ambidextrous
from living in a right-handed world, so it's comfortable to
use the knife with the off hand.

I wonder how many people pick up their table manners from the celebrity
chefs they see on Food Network Shows. Guy Fieri seems to be flustered
if he is eating something that cannot be wrapped up in some form of a
bun and crammed into his mouth. He has developed enough dexterity to
be able to push the food onto his fork with his fingers.