Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Anthony Bourdain RIP

On Friday, June 15, 2018 at 1:55:48 PM UTC-5, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> Did you miss the part where you turn the sticks around and use the
> end that wasn't in your mouth to ferry food out of the common
> bowl?

And then you've got residue food you picked up with the 'clean' end of
the chopsticks on your hand when you turn them around to shove food into
your mouth. Let's hope that hand was washed after a trip to the privy.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 15 Jun 2018 14:35:17 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Friday, June 15, 2018 at 1:55:48 PM UTC-5, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>>
>> Did you miss the part where you turn the sticks around and use the
>> end that wasn't in your mouth to ferry food out of the common
>> bowl?
>>

>And then you've got residue food you picked up with the 'clean' end of
>the chopsticks on your hand when you turn them around to shove food into
>your mouth. Let's hope that hand was washed after a trip to the privy.

Careful, we have a few trigger happy racism card pullers here.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, June 15, 2018 at 3:40:47 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:

> Jesus, this is like talking to a
> Jehovah's witness. Political correctness is a crippling religion.

Ever heard the phrase "picking up a turd by the clean end"? Makes as
much sense as political correctness.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 15 Jun 2018 14:40:09 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Friday, June 15, 2018 at 3:40:47 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
>>
>> Jesus, this is like talking to a
>> Jehovah's witness. Political correctness is a crippling religion.
>>

>Ever heard the phrase "picking up a turd by the clean end"? Makes as
>much sense as political correctness.

lol, I only knew that "you can't polish a turd".
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>>Of course. And when they die their hair pink it'll be pink. But it's
>>>always naturally dark. True or not?

>>Young Japanese girls have hair of many colours, just like their NA
>>counterparts.

>Yes, because they dye it, silly. Jesus, this is like talking to a
>Jehovah's witness. Political correctness is a crippling religion.

No, you are incorrect. I regard anyone as my equal, regardless of
what origin or religion they are - I go to the dental school at the
university, today it was a student from Kuwait, what a nice young man.
He eventually said to me 'where are you from?' and I laughed and
responded 'now I can ask you the same question' - but otherwise I
would not ask that question.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>>Young Japanese girls have hair of many colours, just like their NA
>>>counterparts.

>>Yes, because they dye it, silly. Jesus, this is like talking to a
>>Jehovah's witness. Political correctness is a crippling religion.

>No, you are incorrect. I regard anyone as my equal, regardless of
>what origin or religion they are

You make that sound like a revolutionary new idea, but I feel the same
way and I think most people here do.

By the way, the things you've said here about religion and religious
people, proves that you don't regard them as equal at all.

>- I go to the dental school at the
>university, today it was a student from Kuwait, what a nice young man.
>He eventually said to me 'where are you from?' and I laughed and
>responded 'now I can ask you the same question' - but otherwise I
>would not ask that question.

So he can ask you that, but you can't ask him that, unless he asks you
first. You're never going to understand this, but that's very
patronising.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>>Yes, because they dye it, silly. Jesus, this is like talking to a
>>>Jehovah's witness. Political correctness is a crippling religion.

>>No, you are incorrect. I regard anyone as my equal, regardless of
>>what origin or religion they are

>You make that sound like a revolutionary new idea, but I feel the same
>way and I think most people here do.
>
>By the way, the things you've said here about religion and religious
>people, proves that you don't regard them as equal at all.
>
>>- I go to the dental school at the
>>university, today it was a student from Kuwait, what a nice young man.
>>He eventually said to me 'where are you from?' and I laughed and
>>responded 'now I can ask you the same question' - but otherwise I
>>would not ask that question.

>So he can ask you that, but you can't ask him that, unless he asks you
>first. You're never going to understand this, but that's very
>patronising.

That's where you are completely wrong. I worked with Immigrant
Settlement for a few years, an association that placed a worker like
me with a new immigrant family to help them get over the first steps -
such as greedy cell phone salesmen. We were all agreed, the worst
phrase was 'Where are you from?"

A friend, of Chinese ancestry (her great grandfather came here to work
on the cross Canada railroad and did not move west) and I have great
fun with it. We go out together and almost inevitably someone will
ask her, 'where are you from', at which point I say 'you're asking the
wrong one, I'm from away, only been here 50 years' she is usually more
Haligonian than the person asking the question.

So yes, although I was curious 'Meeza' didn't really indicate to me
where he was from, suffice to say he laughed because he picked up on
exactly what I meant.

I would have thought as an immigrant to Oz you would have more
understanding of a loaded question.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 15 Jun 2018 21:05:44 -0300, wrote:

>That's where you are completely wrong. I worked with Immigrant
>Settlement for a few years, an association that placed a worker like
>me with a new immigrant family to help them get over the first steps -
>such as greedy cell phone salesmen. We were all agreed, the worst
>phrase was 'Where are you from?"
>
>A friend, of Chinese ancestry (her great grandfather came here to work
>on the cross Canada railroad and did not move west) and I have great
>fun with it. We go out together and almost inevitably someone will
>ask her, 'where are you from', at which point I say 'you're asking the
>wrong one, I'm from away, only been here 50 years' she is usually more
>Haligonian than the person asking the question.
>
>So yes, although I was curious 'Meeza' didn't really indicate to me
>where he was from, suffice to say he laughed because he picked up on
>exactly what I meant.
>
>I would have thought as an immigrant to Oz you would have more
>understanding of a loaded question.

I don't mind if people ask me where I am from, although it rarely
happens because there are so many non-Anglos here, that no one raises
an eyebrow when they hear an accent. What I find discriminating is
that you pussyfoot around non-white people. You treat them differently
than whites. That's patronising and racist, even if your intentions
are good.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, June 14, 2018 at 10:10:32 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

> lol I have noticed that Asians using chopsticks hold their mouth close over
> the bowl while the 'haole' lifts the food all the way up <g>
> (psst did I get that right?)
>
> They kind of, scoop the food rather than lift it.
>
> Having said that, what is the point of chopsticks if you have a fork?

I haven't seen people shovel food into their gaping mauls on this rock. I suppose that people will do that elsewhere. The Chinese or some really hungry Asians might do that. Mostly the rice here is the sticky kind so it's easy to pick up with chopsticks. The foods served here are usually on plates so it's a good thing that we don't have to do that.

Rice shoveling is more common when eating long grain rice because the grains don't stick together. When I'm in a Chinese restaurant and have a hard time picking up the rice, I'll either use a fork or not even eat the rice. Eating Chinese style rice with chopsticks is tough even if you know how to handle the sticks. The next time I go to a Chinese restaurant, I shall try shoveling - even if it's just to have a laugh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upm444PAxyo
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 15 Jun 2018 20:54:09 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
wrote:

>On Thursday, June 14, 2018 at 10:10:32 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
>>
>> lol I have noticed that Asians using chopsticks hold their mouth close over
>> the bowl while the 'haole' lifts the food all the way up <g>
>> (psst did I get that right?)
>>
>> They kind of, scoop the food rather than lift it.
>>
>> Having said that, what is the point of chopsticks if you have a fork?

>I haven't seen people shovel food into their gaping mauls on this rock. I suppose that people will do that elsewhere. The Chinese or some really hungry Asians might do that. Mostly the rice here is the sticky kind so it's easy to pick up with chopsticks. The foods served here are usually on plates so it's a good thing that we don't have to do that.
>
>Rice shoveling is more common when eating long grain rice because the grains don't stick together. When I'm in a Chinese restaurant and have a hard time picking up the rice, I'll either use a fork or not even eat the rice. Eating Chinese style rice with chopsticks is tough even if you know how to handle the sticks. The next time I go to a Chinese restaurant, I shall try shoveling - even if it's just to have a laugh.

dsi1 is very protective of everything Asian. I bet he can even tell
some of them apart.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, June 15, 2018 at 1:56:31 AM UTC-10, sanne wrote:
> Am Freitag, 15. Juni 2018 13:39:53 UTC+2 schrieb Bruce:

> > >As I said - tweezers. No double dipping there since the rest of the food
> > >isn't touched with it.

> > I wouldn't bet on it.

> Your choice. Your loss.

> > >The elders have white hair, the younger ones often color theirs.

> > Triple duh. Politically correct dodging of the question.

> No. Just proving you wrong.
>
> > >Shape of faces, stature, age,... - Haven't you noticed?
> > >We have no difficulties telling Koreans apart (or identifying them as such,
> > >for that matter) - practice. And willingness.

> No answer to that?

> > >That's what you said: "Maybe Asians all look so alike because they share
> > >germs all the time."

> > Yes, a little joke.

> A joke is supposed to be funny. That remark isn't.
> And claiming it being a joke now? Come on.
>
> > But you're politically correct, so you can't handle it.

> (Lol) Trying to insult me now? You lost.
>
> There's a difference between political correctness and honestly trying to
> get along.

When I was going to college, I met two girls that I enjoyed talking to. The trouble was that I couldn't tell them apart. This was quite worrisome to me because I couldn't use their name when I saw them. This was a level worse than not knowing the name of a girl you'd like to get to know better. In the end, I just married one of them. Problem solved. I never was able to find out which one I married though...

As it goes, humans generally look all the same. Most of them generally have two eyes, a nose, and a mouth. My wife recently told me that all haoles look the same to her. This was rather discouraging to hear. She's a haole and if she has problems with that, what chance do I have?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Thursday, June 14, 2018 at 10:10:32 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

> lol I have noticed that Asians using chopsticks hold their mouth close
> over
> the bowl while the 'haole' lifts the food all the way up <g>
> (psst did I get that right?)
>
> They kind of, scoop the food rather than lift it.
>
> Having said that, what is the point of chopsticks if you have a fork?

I haven't seen people shovel food into their gaping mauls on this rock. I
suppose that people will do that elsewhere. The Chinese or some really
hungry Asians might do that. Mostly the rice here is the sticky kind so it's
easy to pick up with chopsticks. The foods served here are usually on plates
so it's a good thing that we don't have to do that.

Rice shoveling is more common when eating long grain rice because the grains
don't stick together. When I'm in a Chinese restaurant and have a hard time
picking up the rice, I'll either use a fork or not even eat the rice. Eating
Chinese style rice with chopsticks is tough even if you know how to handle
the sticks. The next time I go to a Chinese restaurant, I shall try
shoveling - even if it's just to have a laugh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upm444PAxyo

==

Hmmm I didn't say 'shovelling' ! What I meant was what was in your (?)
vid. They don't 'shovel' but they hold the bowl near their mouths. A few
inches rather than 6 or 7 inches. This is beginning to sound as though I
think they eat like pigs!!! NO!!! That is not what I mean at all (((

I am really sorry if that is how it came across.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, June 15, 2018 at 9:48:44 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

> Hmmm I didn't say 'shovelling' ! What I meant was what was in your (?)
> vid. They don't 'shovel' but they hold the bowl near their mouths. A few
> inches rather than 6 or 7 inches. This is beginning to sound as though I
> think they eat like pigs!!! NO!!! That is not what I mean at all (((
>
> I am really sorry if that is how it came across.

I have seen shoveling. Mostly in Japanese movies. It's important that rice be shoveled when certain characters eat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBOCs7QXoho&t=271
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Friday, June 15, 2018 at 9:48:44 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

> Hmmm I didn't say 'shovelling' ! What I meant was what was in your (?)
> vid. They don't 'shovel' but they hold the bowl near their mouths. A few
> inches rather than 6 or 7 inches. This is beginning to sound as though I
> think they eat like pigs!!! NO!!! That is not what I mean at all (((
>
> I am really sorry if that is how it came across.

I have seen shoveling. Mostly in Japanese movies. It's important that rice
be shoveled when certain characters eat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBOCs7QXoho&t=271

==

Yes, I noticed that 'certain character' <g> What is 'oden'?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, June 15, 2018 at 5:35:20 PM UTC-4, wrote:
> On Friday, June 15, 2018 at 1:55:48 PM UTC-5, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> >
> > Did you miss the part where you turn the sticks around and use the
> > end that wasn't in your mouth to ferry food out of the common
> > bowl?
> >

> And then you've got residue food you picked up with the 'clean' end of
> the chopsticks on your hand when you turn them around to shove food into
> your mouth. Let's hope that hand was washed after a trip to the privy.

You don't hold the chopsticks by the end. You hold them somewhere between
the middle and the "business end".

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, June 16, 2018 at 12:47:26 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Friday, June 15, 2018 at 9:48:44 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> >
> > Hmmm I didn't say 'shovelling' ! What I meant was what was in your (?)
> > vid. They don't 'shovel' but they hold the bowl near their mouths. A few
> > inches rather than 6 or 7 inches. This is beginning to sound as though I
> > think they eat like pigs!!! NO!!! That is not what I mean at all (((
> >
> > I am really sorry if that is how it came across.

> I have seen shoveling. Mostly in Japanese movies. It's important that rice
> be shoveled when certain characters eat.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBOCs7QXoho&t=271
>
> ==
>
> Yes, I noticed that 'certain character' <g> What is 'oden'?

Oden is a stew made with mostly fishcake, fried tofu, and root vegetables. Looks like he was eating some fishcake. I don't eat that kind of stuff but it seems strange putting mustard on fishcake.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Saturday, June 16, 2018 at 12:47:26 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Friday, June 15, 2018 at 9:48:44 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> >
> > Hmmm I didn't say 'shovelling' ! What I meant was what was in your (?)
> > vid. They don't 'shovel' but they hold the bowl near their mouths. A
> > few
> > inches rather than 6 or 7 inches. This is beginning to sound as though
> > think they eat like pigs!!! NO!!! That is not what I mean at all (((
> >
> > I am really sorry if that is how it came across.

> I have seen shoveling. Mostly in Japanese movies. It's important that rice
> be shoveled when certain characters eat.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBOCs7QXoho&t=271
>
> ==
>
> Yes, I noticed that 'certain character' <g> What is 'oden'?

Oden is a stew made with mostly fishcake, fried tofu, and root vegetables.
Looks like he was eating some fishcake. I don't eat that kind of stuff but
it seems strange putting mustard on fishcake.

==

I think it was just meant to be a funny 'show' It made me giggle
anyway)

Posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

wrote:

> >>No, you are incorrect. I regard anyone as my equal, regardless of
> >>what origin or religion they are

> >You make that sound like a revolutionary new idea, but I feel the same
> >way and I think most people here do.
> >
> >By the way, the things you've said here about religion and religious
> >people, proves that you don't regard them as equal at all.
> >
> >>- I go to the dental school at the
> >>university, today it was a student from Kuwait, what a nice young man.
> >>He eventually said to me 'where are you from?' and I laughed and
> >>responded 'now I can ask you the same question' - but otherwise I
> >>would not ask that question.

> >So he can ask you that, but you can't ask him that, unless he asks you
> >first. You're never going to understand this, but that's very
> >patronising.

> That's where you are completely wrong. I worked with Immigrant
> Settlement for a few years, an association that placed a worker like
> me with a new immigrant family to help them get over the first steps -
> such as greedy cell phone salesmen. We were all agreed, the worst
> phrase was 'Where are you from?"
>
> A friend, of Chinese ancestry (her great grandfather came here to work
> on the cross Canada railroad and did not move west) and I have great
> fun with it. We go out together and almost inevitably someone will
> ask her, 'where are you from', at which point I say 'you're asking the
> wrong one, I'm from away, only been here 50 years' she is usually more
> Haligonian than the person asking the question.
>
> So yes, although I was curious 'Meeza' didn't really indicate to me
> where he was from, suffice to say he laughed because he picked up on
> exactly what I meant.
>
> I would have thought as an immigrant to Oz you would have more
> understanding of a loaded question.

Then explain to us why you once referred to Bruce here as a "wog"...

--
Best
Greg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 16 Jun 2018 07:00:07 -0700 (PDT), GM

wrote:

>> >You make that sound like a revolutionary new idea, but I feel the same
>> >way and I think most people here do.
>> >
>> >By the way, the things you've said here about religion and religious
>> >people, proves that you don't regard them as equal at all.

>> >So he can ask you that, but you can't ask him that, unless he asks you
>> >first. You're never going to understand this, but that's very
>> >patronising.

>> That's where you are completely wrong. I worked with Immigrant
>> Settlement for a few years, an association that placed a worker like
>> me with a new immigrant family to help them get over the first steps -
>> such as greedy cell phone salesmen. We were all agreed, the worst
>> phrase was 'Where are you from?"
>>
>> A friend, of Chinese ancestry (her great grandfather came here to work
>> on the cross Canada railroad and did not move west) and I have great
>> fun with it. We go out together and almost inevitably someone will
>> ask her, 'where are you from', at which point I say 'you're asking the
>> wrong one, I'm from away, only been here 50 years' she is usually more
>> Haligonian than the person asking the question.
>>
>> So yes, although I was curious 'Meeza' didn't really indicate to me
>> where he was from, suffice to say he laughed because he picked up on
>> exactly what I meant.
>>
>> I would have thought as an immigrant to Oz you would have more
>> understanding of a loaded question.

>Then explain to us why you once referred to Bruce here as a "wog"...

That would be incorrect, not a word I use, please show me the post.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>On Thursday, June 14, 2018 at 10:10:32 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
>>
>> lol I have noticed that Asians using chopsticks hold their mouth close over
>> the bowl while the 'haole' lifts the food all the way up <g>
>> (psst did I get that right?)
>>
>> They kind of, scoop the food rather than lift it.
>>
>> Having said that, what is the point of chopsticks if you have a fork?

>I haven't seen people shovel food into their gaping mauls on this rock.

I've seen many orientals raise the bowl to their mouth and ramrod it
into their gaping maws with their sticks at warp speed... especially
the women... nothing ladylike with how they eat. And from the moment
they sit down they yak, yak,yak, even with mouthfuls of food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> You don't hold the chopsticks by the end. You hold them somewhere between
> the middle and the "business end".

http://www.furrytalk.com/wp-content/...010/01/121.jpg

:-D

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, June 16, 2018 at 5:30:52 AM UTC-10, Sheldon wrote:

> I've seen many orientals raise the bowl to their mouth and ramrod it
> into their gaping maws with their sticks at warp speed... especially
> the women... nothing ladylike with how they eat. And from the moment
> they sit down they yak, yak,yak, even with mouthfuls of food.

I haven't seen it being done on this rock. You live on a different rock.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, June 16, 2018 at 4:41:10 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

> ==
>
> I think it was just meant to be a funny 'show' It made me giggle
> anyway)

That guy was a very funny guy - he makes me giggle too. He was arrested at Honolulu Airport for trying to bring in some dope. He claimed to have no idea how it got in his underwear.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Saturday, June 16, 2018 at 4:41:10 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

> ==
>
> I think it was just meant to be a funny 'show' It made me giggle
> anyway)

That guy was a very funny guy - he makes me giggle too. He was arrested at
Honolulu Airport for trying to bring in some dope. He claimed to have no
idea how it got in his underwear.

==

lol I expect they all say that)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, June 16, 2018 at 10:38:24 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> ==
>
> lol I expect they all say that)

I would have said "You didn't know that you had cocaine and marijuana in your underwear? Well okay, just don't let it happen again - Aloha!"

http://articles.latimes.com/1990-03-..._samurai-films
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia wrote:

> "cshenk" wrote in message
>
> Ophelia wrote:
>

> > "notbob" wrote in message ...
> >
> > On 6/13/2018 6:21 PM, cshenk wrote:
> >
> >> In Korea they as squared.
> > >
> >> Yours in plastic are not disposables. They may be inexpensive, but
> >> meant to the washed and reused.

> > Here's a breakdown on various chopsticks:
> >
> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyevVQ1Dubc
> >
> > This has nothing to do with how they are used.
> >
> > nb
> >
> > ==
> >
> > What is that on the end of the chopsticks at 3.08? That makes it
> > seem as it might make it easier.

> Actually not sure but I bet they make them harder to use. Then again,
> I learned to use them fairly back towards the end and that would get
> in my way.
>
> It might be (looking again) a sliding chopstick rest? You rest the
> eating end up on them when not in use.
>
> ==
>
> I don't know but it is on the end of the chopsticks he is using.

Yes and it doesnt make sense at all, nor is it something i have seen.
Must have been outside my area (grin).

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gary wrote:

> Bruce wrote:
> >
> > sanne wrote:
> > > And with properly used chopsticks you pick up your bites of food
> > > without polluting the rest.

> > So one hopes.

> That theory is total BS and any normal person knows it.
>
> You sit at a table sharing a common bowl, just put a large
> serving spoon in the bowl. Anyone wants more, use the serving
> spoon to put more on your plate.
>
> Alternatively, everyone at the table give each other a big sloppy
> kiss...pass the saliva...then proceed to share the common food
> without worry.

Are you realy that much of an idiot on asian table manners? Wow...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> On Friday, June 15, 2018 at 11:43:24 AM UTC-4, Gary wrote:
> > sanne wrote:
> > >
> > > And with properly used chopsticks you pick up your bites of food
> > > without polluting the rest.

> > Other than eating with a pair of sticks yourself, don't be stupid
> > here. Once you put any utensil into your mouth, it should NEVER
> > serving spoon in the common bowl of food. Take some more and put
> > it on your plate. Don't pollute the rest with your nasty saliva
> > on a pair of sticks. or a fork or a spoon. get real.

> Did you miss the part where you turn the sticks around and use the
> end that wasn't in your mouth to ferry food out of the common
> bowl?
>
> Cindy Hamilton

Yes, as did many.

In Asia (generic, no specific part of it), if they serve 'group style'
then they almost always have a special set of serving tongs just like
western folks will have a big spoon or such. It's rare to not see that.

Any other situation, you reverse the sticks so only the 'clean end'
touches the communal bowl if they didnt have serving tongs.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

> > > Of course. And when they die their hair pink it'll be pink. But
> > > it's always naturally dark. True or not?

> > Young Japanese girls have hair of many colours, just like their NA
> > counterparts.

> Yes, because they dye it, silly. Jesus, this is like talking to a
> Jehovah's witness. Political correctness is a crippling religion.

You seem to be insisting all asians look alike because they mostly all
have dark hair. Sanne is right. You are being racist. But then, you
knew that and are just looking for a rise.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote:

> On Fri, 15 Jun 2018 20:54:09 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
> wrote:
>
> > On Thursday, June 14, 2018 at 10:10:32 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> >>
> >> lol I have noticed that Asians using chopsticks hold their mouth

> close over >> the bowl while the 'haole' lifts the food all the way
> up <g> >> (psst did I get that right?)
> >>
> >> They kind of, scoop the food rather than lift it.
> >>
> >> Having said that, what is the point of chopsticks if you have a

> fork?
> >
> > I haven't seen people shovel food into their gaping mauls on this
> > rock. I suppose that people will do that elsewhere. The Chinese or
> > some really hungry Asians might do that. Mostly the rice here is
> > the sticky kind so it's easy to pick up with chopsticks. The foods
> > served here are usually on plates so it's a good thing that we
> > don't have to do that.
> >
> > Rice shoveling is more common when eating long grain rice because
> > the grains don't stick together. When I'm in a Chinese restaurant
> > and have a hard time picking up the rice, I'll either use a fork or
> > not even eat the rice. Eating Chinese style rice with chopsticks is
> > tough even if you know how to handle the sticks. The next time I go
> > to a Chinese restaurant, I shall try shoveling - even if it's just
> > to have a laugh.

> dsi1 is very protective of everything Asian. I bet he can even tell
> some of them apart.

He's not the only one who can tell people apart instead of your racist
stance.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, June 16, 2018 at 3:04:28 PM UTC-10, cshenk wrote:

> He's not the only one who can tell people apart instead of your racist
> stance.

My guess is that the 21st Century is going to be where Asia gains pre-eminence in the world. This is not wishful thinking, it just seems to be the direction we're headed in.

China already has it's grips on our movie industry because they have the cash and are interested in funding big blockbuster movies that will do well in the US and Asian market. I was watching "Baywatch" the other day and it panders to an Asian audience - a big movie where things don't have to make any sense at all and lots of jokes about bodily functions. Corny too. China is going to change everything. That's the breaks.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 16 Jun 2018 20:04:19 -0500, "cshenk" > wrote:

>Bruce wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 15 Jun 2018 20:54:09 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
>> wrote:

>> close over >> the bowl while the 'haole' lifts the food all the way
>> up <g> >> (psst did I get that right?)

>> fork?
>> >
>> > I haven't seen people shovel food into their gaping mauls on this
>> > rock. I suppose that people will do that elsewhere. The Chinese or
>> > some really hungry Asians might do that. Mostly the rice here is
>> > the sticky kind so it's easy to pick up with chopsticks. The foods
>> > served here are usually on plates so it's a good thing that we
>> > don't have to do that.
>> >
>> > Rice shoveling is more common when eating long grain rice because
>> > the grains don't stick together. When I'm in a Chinese restaurant
>> > and have a hard time picking up the rice, I'll either use a fork or
>> > not even eat the rice. Eating Chinese style rice with chopsticks is
>> > tough even if you know how to handle the sticks. The next time I go
>> > to a Chinese restaurant, I shall try shoveling - even if it's just
>> > to have a laugh.

>> dsi1 is very protective of everything Asian. I bet he can even tell
>> some of them apart.

>He's not the only one who can tell people apart instead of your racist
>stance.

I can tell Asians apart. Apart (haha) from the female jury members on
Iron Chef. They're all pretty and identical.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Saturday, June 16, 2018 at 10:38:24 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> ==
>
> lol I expect they all say that)

I would have said "You didn't know that you had cocaine and marijuana in
your underwear? Well okay, just don't let it happen again - Aloha!"

http://articles.latimes.com/1990-03-..._samurai-films

==

Of that I have no doubt - Aloha <g>
Posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:

> On Saturday, June 16, 2018 at 10:38:24 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> > ==
> >
> > lol I expect they all say that)

> I would have said "You didn't know that you had cocaine and marijuana in your underwear? Well okay, just don't let it happen again - Aloha!"

LOL! Funny! You would make a good cop. Let that person off and it
might scare them into never trying that again. Much better Hawaii
response than, "Book him, Dano."
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-06-17 9:53 AM, Gary wrote:
> dsi1 wrote:

>> I would have said "You didn't know that you had cocaine and
>> marijuana in your underwear? Well okay, just don't let it happen
>> again - Aloha!"

> LOL! Funny! You would make a good cop. Let that person off and it
> might scare them into never trying that again. Much better Hawaii
> response than, "Book him, Dano."

You think? They would be more likely to try it again and they would go
around telling their friends what a fool you were for believing them.