Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Gold Coin

My wife treated me to dinner at The Gold Coin for my birthday. She
had General Tso's Chicken* (she likes spicy), I had Shrimp w Lobster
Sauce... came with soup, egg rolls, and Fly Lice... for an appetizer
we shared steamed dumplings. We had no room for dessert. We even
brought about 1/3 of our dinner home, they serve huge portions and the
food was superb. Very nice Oriental style dinnerware, no stchinkin
black plates, and the service was exquisite. This was the first time
we actually ate there, in the past we always did take-out. We will
eat in house often... we only wish it was closer, it's a 50 mile round
trip. We've always done take-out when we had to be there otherwise
(our doctors are a 1/4 mile away on the same road), but we will eat
there again more often, much nicer than containers. Anyone ever finds
themselves in upstate NY in the Albany area The Gold Coin is a must...
as good as any NYC Chinese... and being a big fan of Chinese cusine
I've tried them all. My wife likes Chinese too, being from Belize
there's a large Chinese population there and many Chinese restaurants,
only her father always told her to only order the shrimp, other meats
you never know, could be rat... actually in Belize a popular meat is
Gibnut, was even served to the Queen of England... Belize was British
Honduras. I'll let yoose look up gibnut. My wife had chicken, I had
shrimp, no gibnut... but then can't be sure of the pork fly lice.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:

> On Sat, 19 May 2018 05:12:34 -0400, Gary wrote:
>
> > Sqwertz wrote:
> >
> >> The Yelp reviews declare it the highly Americanized Chinese food
> >> typical of 95% of American Chinese restaurants. You've never had
> >> real Chinese cuisines such as Cantonese, Fujian, or Sichuan. Just
> >> that American stuff for the masses.

> > Chances are that's all I've eaten too but I do love sichuan
> > dishes (and sweet and sour pork). If they make it differently to
> > please americans, they sure do please this american.
> >
> > My typical take-out order is:
> > - a sichuan dish like General Tso's chicken

> Not only is there not and never was a "General Tso" in any part of
> China, there's no such thing as a dish resembling General Tso's
> Chicken in any part of China. This dish is a purely American
> invention. It's often thought that it refers to a military leader
> named Zuo Zongtang, and he is from Hunan, not Sichuan. But you
> won't find anything resembling this dish in Hunan province, either.
>
> If you don't see a few dishes swimming in chile oil (it covers the
> top of the bowl by 1/4"), plates of cold and fatty mystery
> lunchmeat, FRESH whole sichuan peppers (green, not brown), AND
> several lamb dishes, then it's not a Sichuan restaurant regardless
> of what it claims to be.

I agree with all you said, Steve. I've probably never had
authentic Chinese food. But I do like what I can buy here. I live
in a tourist town that caters to americans. If I lived near a
large city that has a "china town" I could probably experience
some real chinese cuisine.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, May 24, 2018 at 9:14:17 AM UTC-4, Gary wrote:
> Sqwertz wrote:

> > > Chances are that's all I've eaten too but I do love sichuan
> > > dishes (and sweet and sour pork). If they make it differently to
> > > please americans, they sure do please this american.
> > >
> > > My typical take-out order is:
> > > - a sichuan dish like General Tso's chicken

> > Not only is there not and never was a "General Tso" in any part of
> > China, there's no such thing as a dish resembling General Tso's
> > Chicken in any part of China. This dish is a purely American
> > invention. It's often thought that it refers to a military leader
> > named Zuo Zongtang, and he is from Hunan, not Sichuan. But you
> > won't find anything resembling this dish in Hunan province, either.
> >
> > If you don't see a few dishes swimming in chile oil (it covers the
> > top of the bowl by 1/4"), plates of cold and fatty mystery
> > lunchmeat, FRESH whole sichuan peppers (green, not brown), AND
> > several lamb dishes, then it's not a Sichuan restaurant regardless
> > of what it claims to be.

> I agree with all you said, Steve. I've probably never had
> authentic Chinese food. But I do like what I can buy here. I live
> in a tourist town that caters to americans. If I lived near a
> large city that has a "china town" I could probably experience
> some real chinese cuisine.

I'm quite happy with Americanized Chinese food. My tolerance
for fat and gristle is nil.

There's an interesting documentary on Chinese food in America
called "The Search for General Tso":

<https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3576038/>

I streamed it from Netflix a couple of years ago.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 24 May 2018 09:15:05 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>Sqwertz wrote:

>> > Chances are that's all I've eaten too but I do love sichuan
>> > dishes (and sweet and sour pork). If they make it differently to
>> > please americans, they sure do please this american.
>> >
>> > My typical take-out order is:
>> > - a sichuan dish like General Tso's chicken

>> Not only is there not and never was a "General Tso" in any part of
>> China, there's no such thing as a dish resembling General Tso's
>> Chicken in any part of China. This dish is a purely American
>> invention. It's often thought that it refers to a military leader
>> named Zuo Zongtang, and he is from Hunan, not Sichuan. But you
>> won't find anything resembling this dish in Hunan province, either.
>>
>> If you don't see a few dishes swimming in chile oil (it covers the
>> top of the bowl by 1/4"), plates of cold and fatty mystery
>> lunchmeat, FRESH whole sichuan peppers (green, not brown), AND
>> several lamb dishes, then it's not a Sichuan restaurant regardless
>> of what it claims to be.

>I agree with all you said, Steve. I've probably never had
>authentic Chinese food. But I do like what I can buy here. I live
>in a tourist town that caters to americans. If I lived near a
>large city that has a "china town" I could probably experience
>some real chinese cuisine.

I've been to the Chinatown in NYC often when I was much younger but
learned to steer clear of the restaurants where the Chinese people
eat, you won't be able to read the menu or even place your order
unless you can read and speak Chinese. I had a Chinese friend who
would interpret but to be honest very few of those authentic Chinese
dishes appealed to me, and the few I tried tasted nothing like the
American style Chinese foods. My Chinese friend didn't care much for
authentic Chinese food either, he prefered the Americanized versions.
Mostly when we went to Chinatown we window shopped and then a few
streets over was Little Italy and that's where we ate because there we
could get authentic Italian food that we both enjoyed... most Italian
restaurants in the US cook Americanized Italian dishes, not authentic
Italian food... even in Italy you won't find authentic Italian
restaurants in the touristy areas.
The dwarf has very likely never been to a Chinatown or eaten authentic
Chinese food... he finds those recipes on the net and then Tex-Mexs
them.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:
> On Thu, 24 May 2018 09:15:05 -0400, Gary > wrote:
>
>> Sqwertz wrote:

>>> Not only is there not and never was a "General Tso" in any part of
>>> China, there's no such thing as a dish resembling General Tso's
>>> Chicken in any part of China. This dish is a purely American
>>> invention. It's often thought that it refers to a military leader
>>> named Zuo Zongtang, and he is from Hunan, not Sichuan. But you
>>> won't find anything resembling this dish in Hunan province, either.
>>>
>>> If you don't see a few dishes swimming in chile oil (it covers the
>>> top of the bowl by 1/4"), plates of cold and fatty mystery
>>> lunchmeat, FRESH whole sichuan peppers (green, not brown), AND
>>> several lamb dishes, then it's not a Sichuan restaurant regardless
>>> of what it claims to be.

>> I agree with all you said, Steve. I've probably never had
>> authentic Chinese food. But I do like what I can buy here. I live
>> in a tourist town that caters to americans. If I lived near a
>> large city that has a "china town" I could probably experience
>> some real chinese cuisine.

> I've been to the Chinatown in NYC often ...

*LIAR!*

No pic means yoose never ate food in chinatown, and yoose never had a
chinese friend.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 24 May 2018 14:40:09 -0500, Hank Rogers >

>>> I agree with all you said, Steve. I've probably never had
>>> authentic Chinese food. But I do like what I can buy here. I live
>>> in a tourist town that caters to americans. If I lived near a
>>> large city that has a "china town" I could probably experience
>>> some real chinese cuisine.

>> I've been to the Chinatown in NYC often ...

>*LIAR!*
>
>No pic means yoose never ate food in chinatown, and yoose never had a
>chinese friend.

Besides, Chinese women don't tend to have big bazookas, so why would
Popeye go to Chinatown?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, May 24, 2018 at 3:14:17 AM UTC-10, Gary wrote:

> I agree with all you said, Steve. I've probably never had
> authentic Chinese food. But I do like what I can buy here. I live
> in a tourist town that caters to americans. If I lived near a
> large city that has a "china town" I could probably experience
> some real chinese cuisine.

The good news is that you have had real Chinese food. The only thing is that in China, it's called "food."

https://www.samaa.tv/wp-content/uplo...nald-China.jpg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 24 May 2018 14:14:58 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
wrote:

>On Thursday, May 24, 2018 at 3:14:17 AM UTC-10, Gary wrote:
>>

>> I agree with all you said, Steve. I've probably never had
>> authentic Chinese food. But I do like what I can buy here. I live
>> in a tourist town that caters to americans. If I lived near a
>> large city that has a "china town" I could probably experience
>> some real chinese cuisine.

>The good news is that you have had real Chinese food. The only thing is that in China, it's called "food."

If it wasn't for dsi1, we wouldn't know all these things.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote:
> On Thu, 24 May 2018 14:40:09 -0500, Hank Rogers >
> wrote:
>
>> wrote:

>>> I've been to the Chinatown in NYC often ...

>> *LIAR!*
>>
>> No pic means yoose never ate food in chinatown, and yoose never had a
>> chinese friend.

> Besides, Chinese women don't tend to have big bazookas, so why would
> Popeye go to Chinatown?

Exactly! Cap'n PenFart is just making stuff up. He Yam what he Yam.

BTW, it's about time for him to regale us with another wild sex story. I
haven't seen one this week yet.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>> I've been to the Chinatown in NYC often ...

>>*LIAR!*
>>
>>No pic means yoose never ate food in chinatown, and yoose never had a
>>chinese friend.

>Besides, Chinese women don't tend to have big bazookas, so why would
>Popeye go to Chinatown?

You erectile disfunctional imbecile. I already told yoose that
Chinese women may have smallish boobs but they are firm and high set
with large, long, and very sensitive nipples. In my experience most
large breasted white women have very small and insensitive nipples...
Oriental women have large long organismic nipples... nurse for ten
minutes and their vaginas are squirting like erupting volcanos. Most
white women are dysfuntionally organismic, powerful vibraters can't
get them off. It's only in Europe and America that there's a large
market for sex toys.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>> *LIAR!*
>>>
>>> No pic means yoose never ate food in chinatown, and yoose never had a
>>> chinese friend.

>> Besides, Chinese women don't tend to have big bazookas, so why would
>> Popeye go to Chinatown?

> You erectile disfunctional imbecile. I already told yoose that
> Chinese women may have smallish boobs but they are firm and high set
> with large, long, and very sensitive nipples. In my experience most
> large breasted white women have very small and insensitive nipples...
> Oriental women have large long organismic nipples... nurse for ten
> minutes and their vaginas are squirting like erupting volcanos. Most
> white women are dysfuntionally organismic, powerful vibraters can't
> get them off. It's only in Europe and America that there's a large
> market for sex toys.

Dat's mo' like it Popeye! Yoose crystal palace sho nuff be aworkin now!

Is yoose gonna tell us some mo sex stories 'bout dem wite wimmenz?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, May 24, 2018 at 8:08:33 PM UTC-4, Sheldon wrote:
> On Fri, 25 May 2018 06:30:33 +1000, Bruce >
> wrote:
>
> >On Thu, 24 May 2018 14:40:09 -0500, Hank Rogers >
> >wrote:

> >>*LIAR!*
> >>
> >>No pic means yoose never ate food in chinatown, and yoose never had a
> >>chinese friend.

> >Besides, Chinese women don't tend to have big bazookas, so why would
> >Popeye go to Chinatown?

> You erectile disfunctional imbecile. I already told yoose that
> Chinese women may have smallish boobs but they are firm and high set
> with large, long, and very sensitive nipples. In my experience most
> large breasted white women have very small and insensitive nipples...
> Oriental women have large long organismic nipples... nurse for ten
> minutes and their vaginas are squirting like erupting volcanos. Most
> white women are dysfuntionally organismic, powerful vibraters can't
> get them off. It's only in Europe and America that there's a large
> market for sex toys.

"organismic"?

And you rolled up in Kuthe's grill over "El Dente". Shame on you.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> There's an interesting documentary on Chinese food in America
> called "The Search for General Tso":
>
> <https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3576038/>

That sounds good and I see it was made as a movie.
Thanks for that, I'll look out for it. Sounds interesting.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>> Besides, Chinese women don't tend to have big bazookas, so why would
>>> Popeye go to Chinatown?

>> You erectile disfunctional imbecile. I already told yoose that
>> Chinese women may have smallish boobs but they are firm and high set
>> with large, long, and very sensitive nipples. In my experience most
>> large breasted white women have very small and insensitive nipples...

.... nurse for ten
>> minutes and their vaginas are squirting like erupting volcanos. Most
>> white women are dysfuntionally organismic, powerful vibraters can't
>> get them off. It's only in Europe and America that there's a large
>> market for sex toys.

> Lol, thanks for the explanation, Popeye.

LOL, we are now learning the finer points from the world famous titty
sailor. I never knew the intricate differences in nipples between the
different races.

Now we know "Oriental women have large long organismic nipples". And
they have volcano vaginas.

Hmmm, I wonder if african women have even longer and more organismic
nipples? I bet they do.

And the poor white women? ... hell, they may as well go to Popeye's
garage and get a cut rate mastectomy

I'll add my thanks also, Popeye. I guess it's true that we learn
something every day.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, May 24, 2018 at 2:08:33 PM UTC-10, Sheldon wrote:

> You erectile disfunctional imbecile. I already told yoose that
> Chinese women may have smallish boobs but they are firm and high set
> with large, long, and very sensitive nipples. In my experience most
> large breasted white women have very small and insensitive nipples...
> Oriental women have large long organismic nipples... nurse for ten
> minutes and their vaginas are squirting like erupting volcanos. Most
> white women are dysfuntionally organismic, powerful vibraters can't
> get them off. It's only in Europe and America that there's a large
> market for sex toys.

Taday is your lucky day!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90rHFreKjvs
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 25 May 2018 19:53:45 -0500, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Fri, 25 May 2018 06:54:27 -0400, Gary wrote:
>
>> Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>>>
>>> There's an interesting documentary on Chinese food in America
>>> called "The Search for General Tso":
>>>
>>> <https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3576038/>

>> That sounds good and I see it was made as a movie.
>> Thanks for that, I'll look out for it. Sounds interesting.

>You can download it here using a torrent client.
>https://thepiratebay.org/torrent/143...L_500MB_Ganool

Gary will have to spend a fair bit of time on the parking lot of
McDonald's.

>-sw

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/25/2018 8:59 PM, Bruce wrote:
> On Fri, 25 May 2018 19:53:45 -0500, Sqwertz >
> wrote:

>>> That sounds good and I see it was made as a movie.
>>> Thanks for that, I'll look out for it. Sounds interesting.

>> You can download it here using a torrent client.
>> https://thepiratebay.org/torrent/143...L_500MB_Ganool

> Gary will have to spend a fair bit of time on the parking lot of
> McDonald's.

Lol. I sure do NOT miss those days...library or McDonald's.

Guess you missed it though. I've had high-speed wifi here at home since
last October. Compare the headers on this email to my other headers.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:

> Gary wrote:
> > That sounds good and I see it was made as a movie.
> > Thanks for that, I'll look out for it. Sounds interesting.

> You can download it here using a torrent client.
> https://thepiratebay.org/torrent/143...L_500MB_Ganool

Thank you for that, sir!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 26 May 2018 04:42:03 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>On 5/25/2018 8:59 PM, Bruce wrote:
>> On Fri, 25 May 2018 19:53:45 -0500, Sqwertz >
>> wrote:

>>> You can download it here using a torrent client.
>>> https://thepiratebay.org/torrent/143...L_500MB_Ganool

>> Gary will have to spend a fair bit of time on the parking lot of
>> McDonald's.

>Lol. I sure do NOT miss those days...library or McDonald's.
>
>Guess you missed it though. I've had high-speed wifi here at home since
>last October. Compare the headers on this email to my other headers.

Yes, I sort of knew
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, May 18, 2018 at 11:11:48 PM UTC-10, Gary wrote:

> Chances are that's all I've eaten too but I do love sichuan
> dishes (and sweet and sour pork). If they make it differently to
> please americans, they sure do please this american.
>
> My typical take-out order is:
> - a sichuan dish like General Tso's chicken
> - also an order of sweet and sour pork
> - both served with fried rice
> - couple of spring rolls
> - pint or quart of Hot & Sour soup
>
> Note: this is for more than one meal. These kind of leftovers
> rule.

I know what everything is on your list except the General Tso's Chicken. I have not seen that on the menus here. My guess is that it's called something else in Hawaii. If I ever see it, I'll have to order it. I have seen it a lot in the frozen meals section of supermarkets. It must be quite popular on the mainland.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:

> On Friday, May 18, 2018 at 11:11:48 PM UTC-10, Gary wrote:
> >
> > Chances are that's all I've eaten too but I do love sichuan
> > dishes (and sweet and sour pork). If they make it differently to
> > please americans, they sure do please this american.
> >
> > My typical take-out order is:
> > - a sichuan dish like General Tso's chicken
> > - also an order of sweet and sour pork
> > - both served with fried rice
> > - couple of spring rolls
> > - pint or quart of Hot & Sour soup
> >
> > Note: this is for more than one meal. These kind of leftovers
> > rule.

> I know what everything is on your list except the General Tso's Chicken. I have not seen that on the menus here. My guess is that it's called something else in Hawaii. If I ever see it, I'll have to order it. I have seen it a lot in the frozen meals section of supermarkets. It must be quite popular on the mainland.

It's a sechuan semi-hot meal.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gary > wrote:
>dsi1 wrote:
>> On Friday, May 18, 2018 at 11:11:48 PM UTC-10, Gary wrote:
>> >
>> > Chances are that's all I've eaten too but I do love sichuan
>> > dishes (and sweet and sour pork). If they make it differently to
>> > please americans, they sure do please this american.
>> >
>> > My typical take-out order is:
>> > - a sichuan dish like General Tso's chicken
>> > - also an order of sweet and sour pork
>> > - both served with fried rice
>> > - couple of spring rolls
>> > - pint or quart of Hot & Sour soup
>> >
>> > Note: this is for more than one meal. These kind of leftovers
>> > rule.

>> I know what everything is on your list except the General Tso's Chicken. I have not seen that on the menus here. My guess is that it's called something else in Hawaii. If I ever see it, I'll have to order it. I have seen it a lot in the frozen meals section of supermarkets. It must be quite popular on the mainland.

>It's a sechuan semi-hot meal.

Most any Chinese restaurant will prepare any dish "hot", simply say
you want your sub gum chow mein *spicy*... just be careful as every
Chinese cook's idea of spicy is different... I once ordered my sub gum
and asked for a little spicy, well it arrived loaded with rittle
paquin/bird peppers, I couldn't eat it so I took it home to give to my
neighbor who could practically eat glowing briquettes, he loved it.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pequin_pepper
https://www.burpee.com/vegetables/pe...rod001945.html
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, May 26, 2018 at 12:40:16 AM UTC-10, Gary wrote:

> It's a sechuan semi-hot meal.

It looks like a Cantonese style sweet-sour chicken similar to the Orange Chicken served at Panda Express restaurants. My understanding is that it's their most popular menu item.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fo59LlkTDe4