Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Dinner Tonight 5/16/18

Spinach & Feta quiche. I make this particular combo as quiche a couple
of times a year. It's so easy (especially since I don't screw it up
making my own pie crust). Quite tasty. The great thing about quiche is
it works for any meal. Breakfast, lunch, dinner. I also like broccoli
quiche (works with a bunch of different cheeses). Quiche lorraine or
even just a simple egg & cheese quiche. I just happen to love quiche.

Got anything planned for dinner this Wednesday evening?

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/16/2018 4:25 PM, jmcquown wrote:
> Spinach & Feta quiche.Â* I make this particular combo as quiche a
> couple of times a year.Â* It's so easy (especially since I don't screw
> it up making my own pie crust).Â* Quite tasty.Â* The great thing about
> quiche is it works for any meal.Â* Breakfast, lunch, dinner.Â* I also
> like broccoli quiche (works with a bunch of different cheeses).Â*
> Quiche lorraine or even just a simple egg & cheese quiche.Â* I just
> happen to love quiche.
>
> Got anything planned for dinner this Wednesday evening?
>
> Jill

Â* I put a bigass chunk of top round in the slow cooker at 1:30 . Just
added the taters and carrots a few minutes ago . The missus will be home
from another shitty day (I visited with her at work earlier , picked up
a few things so she wouldn't have to) at Walmart around 7:20 . I still
have time to make some dinner rolls ... from scratch . Or I could get
some rolls out of the freezer . They just won't be fresh baked .

--
Snag
Ain't no dollar sign on

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, May 16, 2018 at 12:16:45 PM UTC-10, Terry Coombs wrote:

> Â* I put a bigass chunk of top round in the slow cooker at 1:30 . Just
> added the taters and carrots a few minutes ago . The missus will be home
> from another shitty day (I visited with her at work earlier , picked up
> a few things so she wouldn't have to) at Walmart around 7:20 . I still
> have time to make some dinner rolls ... from scratch . Or I could get
> some rolls out of the freezer . They just won't be fresh baked .
>
> --
> Snag
> Ain't no dollar sign on
> peace of mind - Zac Brown

At the risk of seeming presumptuous, I'd say that the possibility exists that you are a good and supportive husband.

You could always make some butter dipped biscuits. It's stupidly fast and simple. They're damn tasty.

https://www.thecountrycook.net/butter-dip-biscuits/
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/16/2018 6:30 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> On Wednesday, May 16, 2018 at 12:16:45 PM UTC-10, Terry Coombs wrote:
>> Â* I put a bigass chunk of top round in the slow cooker at 1:30 . Just
>> added the taters and carrots a few minutes ago . The missus will be home
>> from another shitty day (I visited with her at work earlier , picked up
>> a few things so she wouldn't have to) at Walmart around 7:20 . I still
>> have time to make some dinner rolls ... from scratch . Or I could get
>> some rolls out of the freezer . They just won't be fresh baked .
>>
>> --
>> Snag
>> Ain't no dollar sign on
>> peace of mind - Zac Brown

> At the risk of seeming presumptuous, I'd say that the possibility exists that you are a good and supportive husband.
>
> You could always make some butter dipped biscuits. It's stupidly fast and simple. They're damn tasty.
>
> https://www.thecountrycook.net/butter-dip-biscuits/

Â* Actually , she's trying to shed a few avoirdupois , a better choice
would be a nice green salad . With 350 calories of salad dressing on it
.... I'll slice her some bread if she wants . She's stood by me thru
thick and (very) thin for 45 years , the least I can do is take as good
care of her as I can . Oh shit , I'm drunk and maudlin ...

--
Snag
Ain't no dollar sign on

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, May 16, 2018 at 1:52:09 PM UTC-10, Terry Coombs wrote:

> Â* Actually , she's trying to shed a few avoirdupois , a better choice
> would be a nice green salad . With 350 calories of salad dressing on it
> ... I'll slice her some bread if she wants . She's stood by me thru
> thick and (very) thin for 45 years , the least I can do is take as good
> care of her as I can . Oh shit , I'm drunk and maudlin ...
>
> --
> Snag
> Ain't no dollar sign on
> peace of mind - Zac Brown

You'll never find these biscuits on any weight watchers menu anywhere in the world. That's for sure. OTOH, they are just wonderful and possess the power to bring happiness and joy into one's life. What harm could just one piece do?

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...upFqGE6wReaDg6

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/16/2018 5:25 PM, jmcquown wrote:
> Spinach & Feta quiche. I make this particular combo as quiche a couple
> of times a year. It's so easy (especially since I don't screw it up
> making my own pie crust). Quite tasty. The great thing about quiche is
> it works for any meal. Breakfast, lunch, dinner. I also like broccoli
> quiche (works with a bunch of different cheeses). Quiche lorraine or
> even just a simple egg & cheese quiche. I just happen to love quiche.
>
> Got anything planned for dinner this Wednesday evening?
>
> Jill

I love quiche! I asked my daughter to make her ham and broccoli quiche for
Mother's day brunch. Even thought rain made it a dinner, I'm glad she did
not change the menu and had quiche with salad and a wonderful strawberry
trifle that my grand daughter made for dinner. A perfect day!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, May 16, 2018 at 4:25:40 PM UTC-5, Jill McQuown wrote:

> Spinach & Feta quiche. I make this particular combo as quiche a couple
> of times a year. It's so easy (especially since I don't screw it up
> making my own pie crust). Quite tasty.
>
> Jill

Share your spinach and feta quiche recipe, please.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Terry Coombs" wrote in message news
On 5/16/2018 6:30 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> On Wednesday, May 16, 2018 at 12:16:45 PM UTC-10, Terry Coombs wrote:
>> I put a bigass chunk of top round in the slow cooker at 1:30 . Just
>> added the taters and carrots a few minutes ago . The missus will be home
>> from another shitty day (I visited with her at work earlier , picked up
>> a few things so she wouldn't have to) at Walmart around 7:20 . I still
>> have time to make some dinner rolls ... from scratch . Or I could get
>> some rolls out of the freezer . They just won't be fresh baked .
>>
>> --
>> Snag
>> Ain't no dollar sign on
>> peace of mind - Zac Brown

> At the risk of seeming presumptuous, I'd say that the possibility exists
> that you are a good and supportive husband.
>
> You could always make some butter dipped biscuits. It's stupidly fast and
> simple. They're damn tasty.
>
> https://www.thecountrycook.net/butter-dip-biscuits/

Actually , she's trying to shed a few avoirdupois , a better choice
would be a nice green salad . With 350 calories of salad dressing on it
.... I'll slice her some bread if she wants . She's stood by me thru
thick and (very) thin for 45 years , the least I can do is take as good
care of her as I can . Oh shit , I'm drunk and maudlin ...

===

Nothing wrong with what you are saying. You sound just as loving and caring
as my husband

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/16/2018 7:13 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> On Wednesday, May 16, 2018 at 1:52:09 PM UTC-10, Terry Coombs wrote:
>> Â* Actually , she's trying to shed a few avoirdupois , a better choice
>> would be a nice green salad . With 350 calories of salad dressing on it
>> ... I'll slice her some bread if she wants . She's stood by me thru
>> thick and (very) thin for 45 years , the least I can do is take as good
>> care of her as I can . Oh shit , I'm drunk and maudlin ...
>>
>> --
>> Snag
>> Ain't no dollar sign on
>> peace of mind - Zac Brown

> You'll never find these biscuits on any weight watchers menu anywhere in the world. That's for sure. OTOH, they are just wonderful and possess the power to bring happiness and joy into one's life. What harm could just one piece do?
>
> https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...upFqGE6wReaDg6

Â* Tell me , were you ever a "pusher" ? " The first one;s free ! " <grins>

--
Snag
Ain't no dollar sign on

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default REC: Spinach & Feta Quiche (WAS: Dinner Tonight 5/16/18)

On 5/16/2018 8:41 PM, wrote:
> On Wednesday, May 16, 2018 at 4:25:40 PM UTC-5, Jill McQuown wrote:
>>
>> Spinach & Feta quiche. I make this particular combo as quiche a couple
>> of times a year. It's so easy (especially since I don't screw it up
>> making my own pie crust). Quite tasty.
>>
>> Jill
>>

> Share your spinach and feta quiche recipe, please.

It's a recipe from The Frugal Gourmet's first book. I've been making
this for years.

Spinach and Feta Quiche

1 (10 oz.) pkg. frozen chopped spinach, defrosted
4 eggs, beaten
3/4 c. cream
1-1/4 c. milk
salt & pepper to taste
2 Tbs. lemon juice
2 Tbs. parsley, chopped
1/4 lb. feta cheese, crumbled
1 quiche crust (I use a pre-prepared frozen deep dish pie crust)
3 Tbs. freshly grated parmesan or romano cheese

Drain the spinach and squeeze out as much moisture as possible; it
should be fairly dry. Mix the eggs, cream and milk. Add the salt,
pepper, lemon juice and parsley. Stir in the spinach and feta cheese.
Fill the crust and sprinkle the parmesan or romano on top. Bake at 375F
for 30-40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out dry.
Cool for 10 minutes before serving. May be served at room temp.
Serves 6.

MY NOTES: I use a collapsible veggie steamer to squeeze the excess
moisture from the defrosted spinach. I don't bother adding the mere 2
Tbs. of parsley. I use slightly less cream and milk.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/16/2018 10:34 PM, l not -l wrote:
> On 16-May-2018, jmcquown > wrote:
>
>> Spinach & Feta quiche. I make this particular combo as quiche a couple
>> of times a year. It's so easy (especially since I don't screw it up
>> making my own pie crust). Quite tasty. The great thing about quiche is
>> it works for any meal. Breakfast, lunch, dinner. I also like broccoli
>> quiche (works with a bunch of different cheeses). Quiche lorraine or
>> even just a simple egg & cheese quiche. I just happen to love quiche.
>>
>> Got anything planned for dinner this Wednesday evening?
>>
>> Jill

> I have never made a quiche and only rarely have eaten quiche. I'm not sure
> why that is; I love eggs and egg dishes. Maybe because I eat omelets for
> breakfast so often, I just don't think to eat an egg dish for other meals.
> I will have to rectify that soon.

You sound like my SO. He eats eggs nearly every morning for breakfast.
I like eggs but not well enough to eat them every day or even a few
times a week, regardless of ingredient variations.

> Dinner for me was a pattymelt and coleslaw with a couple of tangerines for
> dessert.

Sounds good but you may have my share of the coleslaw.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Terry Coombs wrote:

> dsi1 wrote:
> > You'll never find these biscuits on any weight watchers menu anywhere in the world. That's for sure. OTOH, they are just wonderful and possess the power to bring happiness and joy into one's life. What harm could just one piece do?
> >
> > https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...upFqGE6wReaDg6

> Â Tell me , were you ever a "pusher" ? " The first one;s free ! " <grins>

McDonald's make a pretty tasty sausage biscuit. That and one hash
brown only costs $2.00. For that price, I suspect you'll never
get a better tasting treat.

If you want some killer dinner rolls, try this and you'll never
want a different roll. Takes longer to make but well worth the
time.

https://newengland.com/today/food/parker-house-rolls/
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/17/2018 10:17 AM, l not -l wrote:
> On 17-May-2018, jmcquown > wrote:

>>> I have never made a quiche and only rarely have eaten quiche. I'm not
>>> sure
>>> why that is; I love eggs and egg dishes. Maybe because I eat omelets
>>> for
>>> breakfast so often, I just don't think to eat an egg dish for other
>>> meals.
>>> I will have to rectify that soon.
>>>

>> You sound like my SO. He eats eggs nearly every morning for breakfast.
>> I like eggs but not well enough to eat them every day or even a few
>> times a week, regardless of ingredient variations.
>>
>>> Dinner for me was a pattymelt and coleslaw with a couple of tangerines
>>> for
>>> dessert.
>>>

>> Sounds good but you may have my share of the coleslaw.

> Sadly, I did; I ate much more slaw than I should have, not because I needed
> it to be full, but because it was very tasty. 8-)

I've never met a coleslaw [recipe] I liked. I love cabbage, just can't
stand coleslaw. I'm glad you and many others enjoy it. More for you!

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/17/2018 12:03 PM, l not -l wrote:

>>> Sadly, I did; I ate much more slaw than I should have, not because I
>>> needed
>>> it to be full, but because it was very tasty. 8-)
>>>

>> I've never met a coleslaw [recipe] I liked. I love cabbage, just can't
>> stand coleslaw. I'm glad you and many others enjoy it. More for you!
>>
>> Jill

> I may encounter a slaw I don't like this evening; but, maybe I will like it
> - we'll see. I'm making jicama slaw to go with dinner tonight. Jicama,
> carrot, lime juice and a couple of things I'm not remembering off the top of
> my head.

Ah, but you have an interesting and convenient Asian market nearby. You
probably walk by a market that sells jicama nearly every day. I'd have
to go looking for it and so far, no reason.

I've always had the impression jicama is similar in taste and texture to
water chestnuts. Am I at all close?

I do like water chestnuts, although they aren't something I think about
often. Just so happens I have a can of them in the pantry. I cannot
remember when I bought them.

I've got a recipe for "Oriental Hamburgers" written out by my mother.
She likely picked this up from another O-Wife when we were in Thailand.
It calls for canned, drained and chopped water chestnuts. Add to ground
beef along with ginger, garlic, chopped mushrooms, soy sauce. It's been
a long time since I made them so this is off the top of my head.

It's actually a very moist mixture so cornstarch is added to hold the
patties together. They were patted out by hand, then left to chill on
waxed paper before grilling. Absolutely delicious.

If anyone would like I'll dig up the recipe for "Oriental Burgers" and
post it again. They really are very tasty. It's definitely a lot of
work for hamburgers. But maybe worth it.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message news:UYiLC.176036

> I've always had the impression jicama is similar in taste and texture to
> water chestnuts. Am I at all close?

To me it's more like a potato texture wise.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> On Thu 17 May 2018 06:25:45a, jmcquown told us...
>
>> On 5/16/2018 8:41 PM, wrote:

>>> Share your spinach and feta quiche recipe, please.
>>>

>> It's a recipe from The Frugal Gourmet's first book. I've been
>> making this for years.
>>
>> Spinach and Feta Quiche
>>
>> 1 (10 oz.) pkg. frozen chopped spinach, defrosted
>> 4 eggs, beaten
>> 3/4 c. cream
>> 1-1/4 c. milk
>> salt & pepper to taste
>> 2 Tbs. lemon juice
>> 2 Tbs. parsley, chopped
>> 1/4 lb. feta cheese, crumbled
>> 1 quiche crust (I use a pre-prepared frozen deep dish pie crust)
>> 3 Tbs. freshly grated parmesan or romano cheese
>>
>> Drain the spinach and squeeze out as much moisture as possible; it
>> should be fairly dry. Mix the eggs, cream and milk. Add the
>> salt, pepper, lemon juice and parsley. Stir in the spinach and
>> feta cheese. Fill the crust and sprinkle the parmesan or romano on
>> top. Bake at 375F for 30-40 minutes or until a knife inserted in
>> the center comes out dry.
>> Cool for 10 minutes before serving. May be served at room temp.
>> Serves 6.
>>
>> MY NOTES: I use a collapsible veggie steamer to squeeze the excess
>> moisture from the defrosted spinach. I don't bother adding the
>> mere 2 Tbs. of parsley. I use slightly less cream and milk.
>>
>> Jill
>>

> Sounds really good, Jill!
>
> Saved

It's delicious. Do give it a try sometime. Feel free to make your own
pie/quiche crust. I'm simply not inclined to do it. I do love the
spinach and feta combo.

Jill

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-05-17, jmcquown > wrote:

> I've always had the impression jicama is similar in taste and texture to
> water chestnuts. Am I at all close?

Similar in texture, but not in taste.

> I do like water chestnuts, although they aren't something I think about
> often. Just so happens I have a can of them in the pantry. I cannot
> remember when I bought them.

Prolly from yer mom. I'm still finding half cans of water chestnuts,
left here by my late mother. I have no idea what she did with them,
as she seldom prepared anything except processed foods ....at least
until I got here.

BTW, I think I got part of my mom's lamb kebobs figured out.

nb

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, May 17, 2018 at 1:23:51 AM UTC-10, Terry Coombs wrote:

> Â* Tell me , were you ever a "pusher" ? " The first one;s free ! " <grins>
>
> --
> Snag
> Ain't no dollar sign on
> peace of mind - Zac Brown

No, I never got into that business. I'm pretty sure that I'm an evil person though.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/17/2018 11:05 AM, jmcquown wrote:

> I've never met a coleslaw [recipe] I liked.Â* I love cabbage, just can't
> stand coleslaw.Â* I'm glad you and many others enjoy it.Â* More for you!
>
> Jill

I'm not crazy about cabbage, but I do like an occasional slaw. I like a
fine chop for starters. The one I make has mayo, salt sugar, cider
vinegar, Dijon mustard, white pepper, celery seed.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/16/2018 9:34 PM, l not -l wrote:
> On 16-May-2018, jmcquown > wrote:
>
>> Spinach & Feta quiche. I make this particular combo as quiche a couple
>> of times a year. It's so easy (especially since I don't screw it up
>> making my own pie crust). Quite tasty. The great thing about quiche is
>> it works for any meal. Breakfast, lunch, dinner. I also like broccoli
>> quiche (works with a bunch of different cheeses). Quiche lorraine or
>> even just a simple egg & cheese quiche. I just happen to love quiche.
>>
>> Got anything planned for dinner this Wednesday evening?
>>
>> Jill

> I have never made a quiche and only rarely have eaten quiche. I'm not sure
> why that is; I love eggs and egg dishes. Maybe because I eat omelets for
> breakfast so often, I just don't think to eat an egg dish for other meals.
> I will have to rectify that soon.

Â* As will we , I made a deal on 8 Buff Orpington chickens , and they
will produce way more eggs that we've been eating . Picked up materials
this morning for a hen yard - it must have a top or the hawks will get
fat on my chickens .

--
Snag
Ain't no dollar sign on

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/17/2018 1:43 PM, notbob wrote:
> On 2018-05-17, jmcquown > wrote:
>
>> I've always had the impression jicama is similar in taste and texture to
>> water chestnuts. Am I at all close?

> Similar in texture, but not in taste.
>
>> I do like water chestnuts, although they aren't something I think about
>> often. Just so happens I have a can of them in the pantry. I cannot
>> remember when I bought them.

> Prolly from yer mom. I'm still finding half cans of water chestnuts,
> left here by my late mother. I have no idea what she did with them,
> as she seldom prepared anything except processed foods ....at least
> until I got here.
>
> BTW, I think I got part of my mom's lamb kebobs figured out.
>
> nb

Good about the lamb kabobs.

My mom never actually cooked lamb. I didn't grow up eating lamb which
is kinda weird given the Scottish connection. One assumes...

Along with a can of sliced water chestnuts I also found a can of bamboo
shoots. Sure, my mom bought them. Can't think of a thing to do with them.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, May 17, 2018 at 7:49:59 AM UTC-10, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> I'm not crazy about cabbage, but I do like an occasional slaw. I like a
> fine chop for starters. The one I make has mayo, salt sugar, cider
> vinegar, Dijon mustard, white pepper, celery seed.

I've been using a very large peeler to make coleslaw. It makes for a very fine slaw. I can also peel potatoes and slice cheese with this gizmo. It's great!

https://www.dhresource.com/0x0s/f2-a...-stainless.jpg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, May 17, 2018 at 3:56:52 AM UTC-10, Gary wrote:

> McDonald's make a pretty tasty sausage biscuit. That and one hash
> brown only costs $2.00. For that price, I suspect you'll never
> get a better tasting treat.
>
> If you want some killer dinner rolls, try this and you'll never
> want a different roll. Takes longer to make but well worth the
> time.
>
> https://newengland.com/today/food/parker-house-rolls/

We eat breakfast and McDonald's occasionally. I'll get a couple of sausage biscuits and a drink and a coffee and a pie. The bill will be under six bucks. I figure the nice lady made a mistake but she didn't. That's a very good thing.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 17 May 2018 14:18:18 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
wrote:

>On Thursday, May 17, 2018 at 3:56:52 AM UTC-10, Gary wrote:
>>
>> McDonald's make a pretty tasty sausage biscuit. That and one hash
>> brown only costs $2.00. For that price, I suspect you'll never
>> get a better tasting treat.
>>
>> If you want some killer dinner rolls, try this and you'll never
>> want a different roll. Takes longer to make but well worth the
>> time.
>>
>> https://newengland.com/today/food/parker-house-rolls/

>We eat breakfast and McDonald's occasionally. I'll get a couple of sausage biscuits and a drink and a coffee and a pie. The bill will be under six bucks. I figure the nice lady made a mistake but she didn't. That's a very good thing.

Oh the humble little joys of the common man. I feel a poem coming up.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 17 May 2018 13:49:53 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>On 5/17/2018 11:05 AM, jmcquown wrote:
>
>> I've never met a coleslaw [recipe] I liked.* I love cabbage, just can't
>> stand coleslaw.* I'm glad you and many others enjoy it.* More for you!
>>
>> Jill

>I'm not crazy about cabbage, but I do like an occasional slaw. I like a
>fine chop for starters. The one I make has mayo, salt sugar, cider
>vinegar, Dijon mustard, white pepper, celery seed.

Didn't you say a few weeks ago that champagne and cabbage was a
celebratory feast for you and your wife?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> On Thu 17 May 2018 11:25:54a, jmcquown told us...

>>> Similar in texture, but not in taste.

>>> Prolly from yer mom. I'm still finding half cans of water
>>> chestnuts, left here by my late mother. I have no idea what she
>>> did with them, as she seldom prepared anything except processed
>>> foods ....at least until I got here.
>>>
>>> BTW, I think I got part of my mom's lamb kebobs figured out.
>>>
>>> nb
>>>

>> Good about the lamb kabobs.
>>
>> My mom never actually cooked lamb. I didn't grow up eating lamb
>> which is kinda weird given the Scottish connection. One
>> assumes...
>>
>> Along with a can of sliced water chestnuts I also found a can of
>> bamboo shoots. Sure, my mom bought them. Can't think of a thing
>> to do with them.
>>
>> Jill
>>

> Bamboo shoots would work well in most any stirfry.

Yeah... except I don't do a lot of stir-fry type cooking. I'm really
not into "asian" cuisine.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> On Thu 17 May 2018 04:10:00p, jmcquown told us...
>
>> On 5/17/2018 5:16 PM, Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>>> On Thu 17 May 2018 11:25:54a, jmcquown told us...

>>> Bamboo shoots would work well in most any stirfry.
>>>

>> Yeah... except I don't do a lot of stir-fry type cooking. I'm
>> really not into "asian" cuisine.
>>
>> Jill
>>

> Okay, then... You might try adding them to fresh green beans with a
> mild garlic and ginger sauce. Maybe even sprinkle with some toasted
> sesame seeds. Bamboo shoots don't have much flavor on their own, but
> they do add a nice texture.

There ya' go with the Asian thing again. Are you related to cshenk?
<teasing>

I will still dig up my mom's recipe for the so called "Oriental Burgers"
with water chestnuts and mushrooms for you. Quite tasty.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> On Thu 17 May 2018 10:31:39a, jmcquown told us...
>
>> On 5/17/2018 12:37 PM, Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>>> On Thu 17 May 2018 06:25:45a, jmcquown told us...

>>> Sounds really good, Jill!
>>>
>>> Saved
>>>

>> It's delicious. Do give it a try sometime. Feel free to make
>> your own pie/quiche crust. I'm simply not inclined to do it. I
>> do love the spinach and feta combo.
>>
>> Jill
>>

> Thanks, Jill. I generally make my own crust, as I've been doing that
> sincee I was about 8 year old, so it's no real effort on my part.

Kudos! I've tried and truly suck at making pie crust. Since I rarely
make anything requiring crust I won't waste my time (or flour and mess
up the kitchen) when I can buy the crust.

> There's really only one tweak I will probably make and that is
> reversing the amounts of milk and cream. I like a very rich custard.
> Also, as you pointed out, I will probably reduce both amounts
> somewhat as I see how the consistency comes together.

Yes, consistency is important. The best I can describe it, it needs to
be cohesive. Too much milk/cream (regardless of order) could result it
too much liquid. That's why I reduced the amounts. It's up to you to
figure out the desired texture.

> The spinach
> and feta combo is a winner in my book.
>
> Thanks again!

You're welcome! I love this taste combination. I've got some left for
lunch tomorrow.

Jill