Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default A Snack 4/22/18

Pre-prepared frozen food! Baked.

About six Sea-Pak brand butterflied breaded shrimp. They're currently
in the oven on a baking sheet (425F) sprayed with a little cooking oil.
Baking alongside, some frozen hush puppies. Savannah is the brand.
Takes about 20 minutes. I don't have much of an appetite tonight so
this will be a tasty snack. And yes, they come out quite nicely done in
the oven. Ya'll know I don't deep fry stuff.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" wrote in message ...

Pre-prepared frozen food! Baked.

About six Sea-Pak brand butterflied breaded shrimp. They're currently
in the oven on a baking sheet (425F) sprayed with a little cooking oil.
Baking alongside, some frozen hush puppies. Savannah is the brand.
Takes about 20 minutes. I don't have much of an appetite tonight so
this will be a tasty snack. And yes, they come out quite nicely done in
the oven. Ya'll know I don't deep fry stuff.

Jill

==

Sounds good I love breadcrumbed shrimp

Ohhh now what have you done .....
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/24/2018 12:45 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Sun, 22 Apr 2018 20:59:19 -0400, jmcquown wrote:
>
>> Pre-prepared frozen food! Baked.
>>
>> About six Sea-Pak brand butterflied breaded shrimp. They're currently
>> in the oven on a baking sheet (425F) sprayed with a little cooking oil.
>> Baking alongside, some frozen hush puppies. Savannah is the brand.
>> Takes about 20 minutes. I don't have much of an appetite tonight so
>> this will be a tasty snack. And yes, they come out quite nicely done in
>> the oven. Ya'll know I don't deep fry stuff.

> 20 minutes to bake individual breaded shrimp sure seems excessive.
> Overcooking is "necessary" to protect them from liability of any
> cooties.
>
> -sw

They turn out just fine. Crispy breading outside, moist tender shrimp
inside.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/25/2018 12:54 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Wed, 25 Apr 2018 11:47:12 -0400, jmcquown wrote:

>>> 20 minutes to bake individual breaded shrimp sure seems excessive.
>>> Overcooking is "necessary" to protect them from liability of any
>>> cooties.
>>>

>> They turn out just fine. Crispy breading outside, moist tender shrimp
>> inside.

> Package directions on the web say 425F for 11-12 minutes for a final
> temp of 165F.

The package directions for don't know my ancient electric oven as well
as I do. Also, I never pre-heat the oven. I know exactly how long it
takes to bake stuff that is listed on the package at 11-12 minutes.
I've been using this oven for years. The company who wrote the
directions hasn't.

Just like I know the small front right burner on my stove will boil
water faster than the large front burner beside it, I know the quirks of
my oven.

> Even the USDA recommends only 145F for shellfish.

Sorry, but I don't stop to take their temp with a thermometer. I do
what has worked for me in the past.

> Anyway, I thoguht 20 minutes at 425 sounded too high. That's how long
> I cook raw breaded chicken tenders.
>
> -sw

Apples and oranges.

Jill

BBQ snack Nick Cramer Diabetic 0 16-04-2008 11:28 PM
Snack Paula General Cooking 0 24-04-2005 03:50 PM
ko- Nabisco Snack Well's Banana Snack Bars ~*~ Bunny ~*~ Recipes 0 13-11-2004 04:14 PM