Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Tractor

Today was the first day of decent weather, no rain, no snow, no below
freezing temps... actually awas a sunny day and reached 48º, So we
removed the plow and front loader and attached the mower. We did
good, only took two hours.. Probably Monday both tractors will
get picked up for service... will be another summer of mowing... I
don't mind, gets me out and keeps me young.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, April 21, 2018 at 8:23:03 PM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:

> Today was the first day of decent weather, no rain, no snow, no below
> freezing temps... actually awas a sunny day and reached 48º, So we
> removed the plow and front loader and attached the mower. We did
> good, only took two hours.. Probably Monday both tractors will
> get picked up for service... will be another summer of mowing... I
> don't mind, gets me out and keeps me young.

It was in the mid 70's here today and my yard was mowed yesterday for
the second time this Spring. Japonica and forsythia bushes were trimmed
yesterday, too.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 21 Apr 2018 18:35:57 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Saturday, April 21, 2018 at 8:23:03 PM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:
>>
>> Today was the first day of decent weather, no rain, no snow, no below
>> freezing temps... actually awas a sunny day and reached 48º, So we
>> removed the plow and front loader and attached the mower. We did
>> good, only took two hours.. Probably Monday both tractors will
>> get picked up for service... will be another summer of mowing... I
>> don't mind, gets me out and keeps me young.
>>

>It was in the mid 70's here today and my yard was mowed yesterday for
>the second time this Spring. Japonica and forsythia bushes were trimmed
>yesterday, too.

I don't have forsythia but neighbors do... still not flowering here.
I'm waiting to see how the two mulberry trees I planted last fall will
do.... I son't expect berries yet, I'll be happy for leaves. Drove to
the local plant nursery today, bought two large bags of potting soil
for our vegetable seeds. It was a long hard winter here, I'm happy
that spring has arrived.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/21/2018 8:58 PM, wrote:
> On Sat, 21 Apr 2018 18:35:57 -0700 (PDT), "
> > wrote:
>
>> On Saturday, April 21, 2018 at 8:23:03 PM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:
>>> Today was the first day of decent weather, no rain, no snow, no below
>>> freezing temps... actually awas a sunny day and reached 48º, So we
>>> removed the plow and front loader and attached the mower. We did
>>> good, only took two hours.. Probably Monday both tractors will
>>> get picked up for service... will be another summer of mowing... I
>>> don't mind, gets me out and keeps me young.
>>>

>> It was in the mid 70's here today and my yard was mowed yesterday for
>> the second time this Spring. Japonica and forsythia bushes were trimmed
>> yesterday, too.

> I don't have forsythia but neighbors do... still not flowering here.
> I'm waiting to see how the two mulberry trees I planted last fall will
> do.... I son't expect berries yet, I'll be happy for leaves. Drove to
> the local plant nursery today, bought two large bags of potting soil
> for our vegetable seeds. It was a long hard winter here, I'm happy
> that spring has arrived.

Â* I took the chains off Rusty the Tractor about a week ago , been using
him to tow trailer loads of firewood out of the woods . I'll mount the
mower deck probably around the first of May - we don't have a lawn , but
there are some wild grasses/weeds/wildflowers that need to be mowed
periodically . Last frost here was a few days ago , I felt safe in
planting all my tomatoes today . Still have peppers and vine stuff to
put out , plus some stuff that I will direct seed when the soil gets a
little warmer . I finished amending my soil and final tilling earlier
this week , just been waiting for the dirt to dry out some so I could
plant .

--
Snag
Ain't no dollar sign on

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, penmart01
@aol.com says...

> Today was the first day of decent weather, no rain, no snow, no below
> freezing temps... actually awas a sunny day and reached 48º, So we
> removed the plow and front loader and attached the mower. We did
> good, only took two hours.. Probably Monday both tractors will
> get picked up for service... will be another summer of mowing... I
> don't mind, gets me out and keeps me young.

My camellias and star magnolias are in full flower, the pond fish are
hungry, birds are nesting, lambs skipping in the field over the hedge.
Rhubarb is ready for first pick (today's lunch).

Yesterday was a lovely day here, sunny and breezy, 19 C. Two loads of
laundry dried on the line. J mowed our lawn, first cut of the season and
heavy going because autumn and winter were too sodden for the final cut
it needed last season. It's still very damp and mossy, evidence of local
climate getting wetter in past few years.

He also took out an old hawthorn from the boundary hedge, giving access
to replace a rotted gate post on the boundary stockfence. I was going to
burn it all but a rowing friend wants the trunk for woodturning.

I did a lot more pruning of dead stuff and overgrpwth on bamboos and
tall grasses, raked moss out of the courtyard gravel, and potted up a
few hebe seedlings that had self-sown into it. Cleared off all last
years dead stalks in the herb garden; the new marjoram fennel and chives
are all up but no mints yet. Haystack of dead stuff was taller than me
so I burned it; good thing I did because today is grey and drizzly.

Janet UK

---
http://www.avg.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, April 21, 2018 at 9:36:00 PM UTC-4, wrote:
> On Saturday, April 21, 2018 at 8:23:03 PM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:
> >
> > Today was the first day of decent weather, no rain, no snow, no below
> > freezing temps... actually awas a sunny day and reached 48º, So we
> > removed the plow and front loader and attached the mower. We did
> > good, only took two hours.. Probably Monday both tractors will
> > get picked up for service... will be another summer of mowing... I
> > don't mind, gets me out and keeps me young.
> >

> It was in the mid 70's here today and my yard was mowed yesterday for
> the second time this Spring. Japonica and forsythia bushes were trimmed
> yesterday, too.

Spring is quite late here this year. High near 60 today, but snow is
forecast for next Saturday. That's a long way off for a weather forecast,
and I doubt it'll happen.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 21 Apr 2018 21:35:08 -0500, Terry Coombs >
wrote:

>On 4/21/2018 8:58 PM, wrote:
>> On Sat, 21 Apr 2018 18:35:57 -0700 (PDT), "
>> > wrote:

>>> It was in the mid 70's here today and my yard was mowed yesterday for
>>> the second time this Spring. Japonica and forsythia bushes were trimmed
>>> yesterday, too.

>> I don't have forsythia but neighbors do... still not flowering here.
>> I'm waiting to see how the two mulberry trees I planted last fall will
>> do.... I son't expect berries yet, I'll be happy for leaves. Drove to
>> the local plant nursery today, bought two large bags of potting soil
>> for our vegetable seeds. It was a long hard winter here, I'm happy
>> that spring has arrived.

> * I took the chains off Rusty the Tractor about a week ago , been using
>him to tow trailer loads of firewood out of the woods . I'll mount the
>mower deck probably around the first of May - we don't have a lawn , but
>there are some wild grasses/weeds/wildflowers that need to be mowed
>periodically . Last frost here was a few days ago , I felt safe in
>planting all my tomatoes today . Still have peppers and vine stuff to
>put out , plus some stuff that I will direct seed when the soil gets a
>little warmer . I finished amending my soil and final tilling earlier
>this week , just been waiting for the dirt to dry out some so I could
>plant .

It'll likely be two more weeks before we can do anything in the
vegetable garden, soil is much too wet. Because of the extra long
winter we'll be getting a late start so it'll likely be a shorter
growing season. Any kind of farming is at the mercy of the weather.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, April 21, 2018 at 8:58:08 PM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:

> On Sat, 21 Apr 2018 18:35:57 -0700 (PDT), "
> > wrote:
>
> >It was in the mid 70's here today and my yard was mowed yesterday for
> >the second time this Spring. Japonica and forsythia bushes were trimmed
> >yesterday, too.

> I don't have forsythia but neighbors do... still not flowering here.

Several years ago I was watching the Weather Channel and they stated that
Spring weather travels north about 16 miles per day. Neighbors bushes
will be bursting forth soon.

My azalea bushes will be blooming within the week.