Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default cooking rice in the fridge?

Cheri wrote:

> "cshenk" > wrote in message
> > Bruze wrote:

> to >>>>>> make, and it always tastes better than the commercial stuff.

> hummus.

> > > It's not and I've never bought bad hummus yet. I prefer to make my
> > > own, but sometimes life gets in the way. I might not have time to
> > > make it, because I have to reply to Cshenkie or Dave Smith, for
> > > instance.

> > Morfed again just to avoid the holes you've dug for yourself eh?

> Troll behavior.
>
> Cheri

Yes, and I'm tired of the sexual harassment. He just tried to define
it as a term of 'endearment' as if that makes it ok after I have told
him to cease for many months. It's not 'endearing' at all. It is
sexual harassment at this stage.

He's killfile material because neither I, nor anyone else has to put up
with that in their lives. It's just wrong.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 21 Apr 2018 14:45:20 -0500, "cshenk" > wrote:

>Cheri wrote:

>> to >>>>>> make, and it always tastes better than the commercial stuff.

>> hummus.

>> > Morfed again just to avoid the holes you've dug for yourself eh?

>> Troll behavior.
>>
>> Cheri

>Yes, and I'm tired of the sexual harassment. He just tried to define
>it as a term of 'endearment' as if that makes it ok after I have told
>him to cease for many months. It's not 'endearing' at all. It is
>sexual harassment at this stage.

Lol, you wish! I wouldn't sexually harass you if you begged me to.

>He's killfile material because neither I, nor anyone else has to put up
>with that in their lives. It's just wrong.

And do people have to put up with "Now begone you pestulant bit of
pus"? Or is that "just wrong"?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-04-21 2:53 PM, Bruze wrote:
> On Sat, 21 Apr 2018 10:38:23 -0700, "Cheri" >

>>> Morfed again just to avoid the holes you've dug for yourself eh?

>> Troll behavior.

> When people killfile me and then bitch about me, I'll change my name
> so I can say something back. Otherwise I'll stay Bruce.

Heaven forbid you change the behaviour that makes people filter you. I
have said before and will say again that changing your user name to get
past filters is a matter of throwing in the towel and admitting that you
are an asshole.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 21 Apr 2018 19:07:36 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2018-04-21 2:53 PM, Bruze wrote:

>> When people killfile me and then bitch about me, I'll change my name
>> so I can say something back. Otherwise I'll stay Bruce.

>Heaven forbid you change the behaviour that makes people filter you.

The ones who filter me are pompous people who take themselves too
seriously. They should change their behaviour, not me

>have said before and will say again that changing your user name to get
>past filters is a matter of throwing in the towel and admitting that you
>are an asshole.

People who call other people names, should also change their
behaviour.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-04-21 7:28 PM, Brouce wrote:
> On Sat, 21 Apr 2018 19:07:36 -0400, Dave Smith
> > wrote:
>
>> On 2018-04-21 2:53 PM, Bruze wrote:

>>> When people killfile me and then bitch about me, I'll change my name
>>> so I can say something back. Otherwise I'll stay Bruce.

>> Heaven forbid you change the behaviour that makes people filter you.

> The ones who filter me are pompous people who take themselves too
> seriously. They should change their behaviour, not me

It would appear otherwise, and you are the one who insists on being heard.

>> have said before and will say again that changing your user name to get
>> past filters is a matter of throwing in the towel and admitting that you
>> are an asshole.

> People who call other people names, should also change their
> behaviour.

Did someone call you a name? Oh.... you saw yourself in that descriptor?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 21 Apr 2018 20:11:25 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2018-04-21 7:28 PM, Brouce wrote:
>> On Sat, 21 Apr 2018 19:07:36 -0400, Dave Smith
>> > wrote:

>>> Heaven forbid you change the behaviour that makes people filter you.

>> The ones who filter me are pompous people who take themselves too
>> seriously. They should change their behaviour, not me

>It would appear otherwise, and you are the one who insists on being heard.

Only when they bitch about me. Otherwise, I accept that they felt the
need to killfile me

>>> have said before and will say again that changing your user name to get
>>> past filters is a matter of throwing in the towel and admitting that you
>>> are an asshole.

>> People who call other people names, should also change their
>> behaviour.

>Did someone call you a name? Oh.... you saw yourself in that descriptor?

Of course, since that's what you meant. lol @ descriptor
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"cshenk" > wrote in message
news
> Julie Bove wrote:

>> > I've never found a commerical hummus that tasted good, and as
>> > pointed out, very easy to make.

>> If you have the ingredients perhaps. Tahini is pretty expensive and I
>> don't want to store it. I don't eat hummus often so when I want it, I
>> buy it. Just not the Sabra. That's disgusting.
>> >

> Tahini is just roasted sesame seeds and olive oil, tossed in the
> blender then you add the beans. Not all hummus types use tahini.

I never have sesame seeds.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 20 Apr 2018 23:26:06 -0700, Julie Bove wrote:

>>> There you go again - implying something to get somebody to respond,
>>> and then denying it. That's just one of your pathetic MO's that
>>> you've used a half dozen times in this thread already.

>> I'm denying what you said, yeah. I'd say that most adults smoked it at
>> least
>> once during the time frame that I mentioned. Smoking it a few times
>> doesn't
>> make you a pothead.

> "We have a very nice weed shop near here. Best in the area."

It's true. They are always busy and everyone I know and people on FB say
they are the best. I don't use the stuff so have never been in there.

> You imply, and then you deny. Just like you imply you're ****ing your
> gardener with those innuendoes, then deny it.
>
> Anyway, I'm done here. You can masturbate yourself from now on.

That's generally how it works.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:

> "cshenk" > wrote in message
> news
> > Julie Bove wrote:

> stuff. >>> >

> > > If you have the ingredients perhaps. Tahini is pretty expensive
> > > and I don't want to store it. I don't eat hummus often so when I
> > > want it, I buy it. Just not the Sabra. That's disgusting.
> > > >

> > Tahini is just roasted sesame seeds and olive oil, tossed in the
> > blender then you add the beans. Not all hummus types use tahini.

> I never have sesame seeds.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 22 Apr 2018 19:15:17 -0500, "cshenk" > wrote:

>Julie Bove wrote:
>

>> "cshenk" > wrote in message
>> news

>> stuff. >>> >

>> > Tahini is just roasted sesame seeds and olive oil, tossed in the
>> > blender then you add the beans. Not all hummus types use tahini.

>> I never have sesame seeds.

Cshenk is speechless.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:

> "cshenk" > wrote in message
> news
> > Julie Bove wrote:

> stuff. >>> >

> > > If you have the ingredients perhaps. Tahini is pretty expensive
> > > and I don't want to store it. I don't eat hummus often so when I
> > > want it, I buy it. Just not the Sabra. That's disgusting.
> > > >

> > Tahini is just roasted sesame seeds and olive oil, tossed in the
> > blender then you add the beans. Not all hummus types use tahini.

> I never have sesame seeds.

Not to worry. I like them in my lentil version, but not in the black
bean version. Sesame seeds are pretty cheap in bulk at most Asian type
grocery stores. No refridgeration required and they will hold a long
time in an airtight jar.

I have about 1 cup left of a 16oz container here.

https://www.savoryspiceshop.com/spices/ssmewhtsd.html

Put your cursor over the 'select size' and I'll get a 16oz bag (90cents
per oz right now) for $14.35 to refill my jar shortly. Sometimes I do
a little extra toasting to them in a dry pan but they work fine as they
are to me.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, cshenk1
@cox.net says...

> Julie Bove wrote:
>

> > "cshenk" > wrote in message
> > news

> > stuff. >>> >

> > > Tahini is just roasted sesame seeds and olive oil, tossed in the
> > > blender then you add the beans. Not all hummus types use tahini.

> > I never have sesame seeds.

> Not to worry. I like them in my lentil version, but not in the black
> bean version. Sesame seeds are pretty cheap in bulk at most Asian type
> grocery stores. No refridgeration required and they will hold a long
> time in an airtight jar.

They have many health benefits. We like sesame seeds sprinkled on
bread rolls and cheese scones before baking; and in traybakes biscuits
and salads etc.

Janet UK

---
http://www.avg.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Janet wrote:

> They have many health benefits. We like sesame seeds sprinkled on
> bread rolls and cheese scones before baking; and in traybakes biscuits
> and salads etc.

For many years, my only sesame seed experience was when eating
a McDonald's big mac. They use a sesame seed bun - just seeds
decorating the tops. Many will fall off while eating too.

You didn't notice the taste when combined with the entire
sandwich. I figured they were just for decoration.

Then I discovered sesame oil and liked it very much.
A fizzling light bulb appeared over my dim head one day
and I thought, "Hmmm...sesame oil...sesame seeds?"

Next time I bought a Big Mac, I ate it over a plate and
collected a pile of the seeds. I ate a small pile just
by themselves and carefully minced them with teeth to
see how they tasted on their own. I was surprised just
how much flavor they had.

Ever since, I always keep sesame oil and also a cute
little jar of sesame seeds. I normally will toast them
a bit in a dry frying pan before use.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Janet wrote:

> In article >, cshenk1
> @cox.net says...
> >
> > Julie Bove wrote:

> > > easy >>> > > to make, and it always tastes better than the
> > > commercial stuff. >>> >
> > > highly >>> > recommended from someone here. Nasty stuff and a
> > > waste of money.

> > > I never have sesame seeds.

> > Not to worry. I like them in my lentil version, but not in the
> > black bean version. Sesame seeds are pretty cheap in bulk at most
> > Asian type grocery stores. No refridgeration required and they will
> > hold a long time in an airtight jar.

> They have many health benefits. We like sesame seeds sprinkled on
> bread rolls and cheese scones before baking; and in traybakes
> biscuits and salads etc.
>
> Janet UK
>
> ---
> http://www.avg.com

That works for me too! While Kale just doesn't work for me, I do try
to eat healthy overall. I sprinkle them on lots of things and enjoy
them.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sesame-Snap.../dp/B005AWAZPI

> Janet