Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Dinner Tonight 2/24/2018

More catfish fillets... this time baked, brushed with oil and sprinkled
with S&P, dried dill weed and garlic & herb Mrs. Dash seasoning.

https://s13.postimg.org/gkykbm2wn/baked_catfish.jpg

Nicely moist and fork tender.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> On Sat 24 Feb 2018 04:29:42p, jmcquown told us...
>
>> More catfish fillets... this time baked, brushed with oil and
>> sprinkled with S&P, dried dill weed and garlic & herb Mrs. Dash
>> seasoning.
>>
>> https://s13.postimg.org/gkykbm2wn/baked_catfish.jpg
>>
>> Nicely moist and fork tender.
>>
>> Jill
>>

> While I'm not oveerly fond of baked fish, this looks delicious!

I love most fish, any way but raw. Baked, fried, grilled. I cooked
some wild rice in chicken broth to go with it and butter beans. I
gather "butter beans" is a southernism for large yellow-ish brown lima
beans.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, February 24, 2018 at 5:55:20 PM UTC-6, Jill McQuown wrote:

> >> More catfish fillets... this time baked, brushed with oil and
> >> sprinkled with S&P, dried dill weed and garlic & herb Mrs. Dash
> >> seasoning.
> >>
> >> https://s13.postimg.org/gkykbm2wn/baked_catfish.jpg
> >>
> >> Nicely moist and fork tender.

> I love most fish, any way but raw. Baked, fried, grilled. I cooked
> some wild rice in chicken broth to go with it and butter beans. I
> gather "butter beans" is a southernism for large yellow-ish brown lima
> beans.
>
> Jill

Oh, those do look mighty fine to me!

About a hundred years ago I bought a can of 'large lima beans' and
cooked them. I was sorely disappointed they weren't green like I
was used to seeing. Darn can should have said 'large butter beans'
and I wouldn't have gotten into such a snit. But I like both.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/24/2018 7:29 PM, wrote:

https://s13.postimg.org/gkykbm2wn/baked_catfish.jpg

>> I love most fish, any way but raw. Baked, fried, grilled. I cooked
>> some wild rice in chicken broth to go with it and butter beans. I
>> gather "butter beans" is a southernism for large yellow-ish brown lima
>> beans.
>>
>> Jill
>>

> Oh, those do look mighty fine to me!
>
> About a hundred years ago I bought a can of 'large lima beans' and
> cooked them. I was sorely disappointed they weren't green like I
> was used to seeing. Darn can should have said 'large butter beans'
> and I wouldn't have gotten into such a snit. But I like both.

LOL They really are different, those beans.

The catfish was nicely fork tender and very tasty. Just the right
amount of garlic in the Mrs. Dash seasoning.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 24 Feb 2018 18:29:42 -0500, jmcquown >
wrote:

>More catfish fillets... this time baked, brushed with oil and sprinkled
>with S&P, dried dill weed and garlic & herb Mrs. Dash seasoning.
>
>https://s13.postimg.org/gkykbm2wn/baked_catfish.jpg
>
>Nicely moist and fork tender.
>
>Jill

I do really like catfish! It's so expensive around here.
Janet US

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 24 Feb 2018 20:06:11 -0500, jmcquown >
wrote:

Jill I tried your recipe for slices of chicken with the sesame seeds.
I didn't do it exactly as your recipe said, wasn't going to get peanut
oil when I had more than enough duck fat on hand, and realised when I
went for the sherry I had given what I had to somebody, so subbed
white wine. However, although it probably didn't taste the same,
tasted okay to me and really wasn't a whole heap of bother to do. I
enjoyed it , thanks. Another time, I would add salt rather than
adding it later.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> More catfish fillets... this time baked, brushed with oil and sprinkled
> with S&P, dried dill weed and garlic & herb Mrs. Dash seasoning.
>
> https://s13.postimg.org/gkykbm2wn/baked_catfish.jpg
>
> Nicely moist and fork tender.

What? No steamed veggies?

We're having pot roast with onions, carrots and Yukon Gold potatoes.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 24 Feb 2018 17:53:49 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"jmcquown" > wrote in message
>> More catfish fillets... this time baked, brushed with oil and sprinkled
>> with S&P, dried dill weed and garlic & herb Mrs. Dash seasoning.
>>
>> https://s13.postimg.org/gkykbm2wn/baked_catfish.jpg
>>
>> Nicely moist and fork tender.

>What? No steamed veggies?
>
>We're having pot roast with onions, carrots and Yukon Gold potatoes.

I roasted an eye round to med. rare sliced onion skin thin, sauted
slivered garlic with green beans, and roasted small white potatoes,
smashed n' buttered.
Someone gifted us a bottle of Platinum Series Brut from Sonoma
County's Windsor Vinyards, Hopland CA, very nice domestic bubbly
went well w/dindin.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" wrote in message ...

On 2/24/2018 7:29 PM, wrote:

https://s13.postimg.org/gkykbm2wn/baked_catfish.jpg

>> I love most fish, any way but raw. Baked, fried, grilled. I cooked
>> some wild rice in chicken broth to go with it and butter beans. I
>> gather "butter beans" is a southernism for large yellow-ish brown lima
>> beans.
>>
>> Jill
>>

> Oh, those do look mighty fine to me!
>
> About a hundred years ago I bought a can of 'large lima beans' and
> cooked them. I was sorely disappointed they weren't green like I
> was used to seeing. Darn can should have said 'large butter beans'
> and I wouldn't have gotten into such a snit. But I like both.

LOL They really are different, those beans.

The catfish was nicely fork tender and very tasty. Just the right
amount of garlic in the Mrs. Dash seasoning.

Jill

==

I am not sure why you say they are 'fork tender'. Can those fish be tough?
That is something new. I've never found any fish to be tough, unless we are
talking about overcooked shellfish. Interesting.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, February 24, 2018 at 6:55:20 PM UTC-5, Jill McQuown wrote:
> On 2/24/2018 6:39 PM, Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> > On Sat 24 Feb 2018 04:29:42p, jmcquown told us...
> >
> >> More catfish fillets... this time baked, brushed with oil and
> >> sprinkled with S&P, dried dill weed and garlic & herb Mrs. Dash
> >> seasoning.
> >>
> >> https://s13.postimg.org/gkykbm2wn/baked_catfish.jpg
> >>
> >> Nicely moist and fork tender.
> >>
> >> Jill
> >>

> > While I'm not oveerly fond of baked fish, this looks delicious!
> >

> I love most fish, any way but raw. Baked, fried, grilled.

We had take-out sushi. We were both tired from working on our
latest home-improvement projects. He wasn't too tired to make
carrot-ginger salad dressing, and I wasn't too tired to throw
together a couple of salads.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> More catfish fillets... this time baked, brushed with oil and sprinkled
> with S&P, dried dill weed and garlic & herb Mrs. Dash seasoning.
>
> https://s13.postimg.org/gkykbm2wn/baked_catfish.jpg

Looks very nice and tasty, Jill.

Does your grocery store sell catfish? I've never seen it here but
then I've never specifically looked for it either. I'm not a big
fish eater so most of mine comes to me fresh caught by friends
and that's always sal****er fish. I did buy talapia once.
Despite it's rep, I liked it. Nice mild taste. Oh.. bought shark
meat once...good fried nuggets...and also salmon once just to try
as I had never had it.

I do love all shellfish muchly though prepared any way but raw.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia wrote:

> "jmcquown" wrote in message ...
>
> On 2/24/2018 7:29 PM, wrote:

https://s13.postimg.org/gkykbm2wn/baked_catfish.jpg

> > > I love most fish, any way but raw. Baked, fried, grilled. I
> > > cooked some wild rice in chicken broth to go with it and butter
> > > beans. I gather "butter beans" is a southernism for large
> > > yellow-ish brown lima beans.
> > >
> > > Jill
> > >

> > Oh, those do look mighty fine to me!
> >
> > About a hundred years ago I bought a can of 'large lima beans' and
> > cooked them. I was sorely disappointed they weren't green like I
> > was used to seeing. Darn can should have said 'large butter beans'
> > and I wouldn't have gotten into such a snit. But I like both.
> >

> LOL They really are different, those beans.
>
> The catfish was nicely fork tender and very tasty. Just the right
> amount of garlic in the Mrs. Dash seasoning.
>
> Jill
>
> ==
>
> I am not sure why you say they are 'fork tender'. Can those fish be
> tough? That is something new. I've never found any fish to be tough,
> unless we are talking about overcooked shellfish. Interesting.

MahiMahi can be quite tough if overcooked. I think swordfish was the
other one I noticed.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/25/2018 3:10 AM, Ophelia wrote:

> "jmcquown"Â* wrote in message ...

https://s13.postimg.org/gkykbm2wn/baked_catfish.jpg

>>> I love most fish, any way but raw.Â* Baked, fried, grilled.Â* I cooked
>>> some wild rice in chicken broth to go with it and butter beans.Â* I
>>> gather "butter beans" is a southernism for large yellow-ish brown lima
>>> beans.
>>>
>>> Jill
>>>

>> Oh, those do look mighty fine to me!
>>
>> About a hundred years ago I bought a can of 'large lima beans' and
>> cooked them.Â* I was sorely disappointed they weren't green like I
>> was used to seeing.Â* Darn can should have said 'large butter beans'
>> and I wouldn't have gotten into such a snit.Â* But I like both.
>>

> LOL They really are different, those beans.
>
> The catfish was nicely fork tender and very tasty.Â* Just the right
> amount of garlic in the Mrs. Dash seasoning.
>
> Jill
>
> ==
>
> I am not sure why you say they are 'fork tender'.Â* Can those fish be
> tough? That is something new.Â* I've never found any fish to be tough,
> unless we are talking about overcooked shellfish.Â* Interesting.

If you cook fish too long it can get tough. I guess I mean it was firm
but still flaky.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/24/2018 8:13 PM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> On Sat, 24 Feb 2018 18:29:42 -0500, jmcquown >
> wrote:
>
>> More catfish fillets... this time baked, brushed with oil and sprinkled
>> with S&P, dried dill weed and garlic & herb Mrs. Dash seasoning.
>>
>> https://s13.postimg.org/gkykbm2wn/baked_catfish.jpg
>>
>> Nicely moist and fork tender.
>>
>> Jill

> I do really like catfish! It's so expensive around here.
> Janet US

It was quite easy to find when I lived in the Memphis area. Lots of
catfish farms around there. Here in SC here it's all about seafood so
when I find catfish on sale for $6.99/lb (not previously frozen,
according to Publix Supermarket) I snap it up and into the freezer it
goes.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/24/2018 8:53 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

> "jmcquown" > wrote in message
>> More catfish fillets... this time baked, brushed with oil and
>> sprinkled with S&P, dried dill weed and garlic & herb Mrs. Dash
>> seasoning.
>>
>> https://s13.postimg.org/gkykbm2wn/baked_catfish.jpg
>>
>> Nicely moist and fork tender.

> What? No steamed veggies?

You act like I'm the only person on the planet who steams anything.
Tell that to the companies that package frozen vegetables in the
"steam-in-bag" packaging.

> We're having pot roast with onions, carrots and Yukon Gold potatoes.

How thrilling.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"cshenk" wrote in message

Ophelia wrote:

> "jmcquown" wrote in message ...
>
> On 2/24/2018 7:29 PM, wrote:

https://s13.postimg.org/gkykbm2wn/baked_catfish.jpg

> > > I love most fish, any way but raw. Baked, fried, grilled. I
> > > cooked some wild rice in chicken broth to go with it and butter
> > > beans. I gather "butter beans" is a southernism for large
> > > yellow-ish brown lima beans.
> > >
> > > Jill
> > >

> > Oh, those do look mighty fine to me!
> >
> > About a hundred years ago I bought a can of 'large lima beans' and
> > cooked them. I was sorely disappointed they weren't green like I
> > was used to seeing. Darn can should have said 'large butter beans'
> > and I wouldn't have gotten into such a snit. But I like both.
> >

> LOL They really are different, those beans.
>
> The catfish was nicely fork tender and very tasty. Just the right
> amount of garlic in the Mrs. Dash seasoning.
>
> Jill
>
> ==
>
> I am not sure why you say they are 'fork tender'. Can those fish be
> tough? That is something new. I've never found any fish to be tough,
> unless we are talking about overcooked shellfish. Interesting.

MahiMahi can be quite tough if overcooked. I think swordfish was the
other one I noticed.

==

Interesting, thanks.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" wrote in message ...

On 2/25/2018 3:10 AM, Ophelia wrote:

> "jmcquown" wrote in message ...

https://s13.postimg.org/gkykbm2wn/baked_catfish.jpg

>>> I love most fish, any way but raw. Baked, fried, grilled. I cooked
>>> some wild rice in chicken broth to go with it and butter beans. I
>>> gather "butter beans" is a southernism for large yellow-ish brown lima
>>> beans.
>>>
>>> Jill
>>>

>> Oh, those do look mighty fine to me!
>>
>> About a hundred years ago I bought a can of 'large lima beans' and
>> cooked them. I was sorely disappointed they weren't green like I
>> was used to seeing. Darn can should have said 'large butter beans'
>> and I wouldn't have gotten into such a snit. But I like both.
>>

> LOL They really are different, those beans.
>
> The catfish was nicely fork tender and very tasty. Just the right
> amount of garlic in the Mrs. Dash seasoning.
>
> Jill
>
> ==
>
> I am not sure why you say they are 'fork tender'. Can those fish be
> tough? That is something new. I've never found any fish to be tough,
> unless we are talking about overcooked shellfish. Interesting.

If you cook fish too long it can get tough. I guess I mean it was firm
but still flaky.

Jill

==

Ok thanks. I've never had tough fish so it is new to me.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/25/2018 7:48 AM, Gary wrote:
> jmcquown wrote:
>>
>> More catfish fillets... this time baked, brushed with oil and sprinkled
>> with S&P, dried dill weed and garlic & herb Mrs. Dash seasoning.
>>
>> https://s13.postimg.org/gkykbm2wn/baked_catfish.jpg

> Looks very nice and tasty, Jill.
>
> Does your grocery store sell catfish?

Where do you think I got it, dearie? I buy it when Publix has it on
sale, which is a couple of times a year. It was a lot easier to find
(and cost less) when I lived in the Memphis area. Catfish farms are
common around there. Here, not so much.

> I've never seen it here but
> then I've never specifically looked for it either. I'm not a big
> fish eater so most of mine comes to me fresh caught by friends
> and that's always sal****er fish. I did buy talapia once.
> Despite it's rep, I liked it. Nice mild taste. Oh.. bought shark
> meat once...good fried nuggets...and also salmon once just to try
> as I had never had it.

I'm not a huge fan of salmon (except for yes, salmon patties). I've
eaten tilapia (catfish is mild, too) and had no complaints.

> I do love all shellfish muchly though prepared any way but raw.

I like most shellfish but I don't buy a lot of it. I could do my own
crabbing but picking the meat out of freshly cooked blue crab isn't as
much fun as catching them.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 25 Feb 2018 17:44:15 -0000, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>"jmcquown" wrote in message ...

snip

>> The catfish was nicely fork tender and very tasty. Just the right
>> amount of garlic in the Mrs. Dash seasoning.
>>
>> Jill
>>
>> ==
>>
>> I am not sure why you say they are 'fork tender'. Can those fish be
>> tough? That is something new. I've never found any fish to be tough,
>> unless we are talking about overcooked shellfish. Interesting.
>>

>If you cook fish too long it can get tough. I guess I mean it was firm
>but still flaky.
>
>Jill
>
>==
>
>Ok thanks. I've never had tough fish so it is new to me.

I think it is a matter of mouth feel. It isn't like you have to chew
like you do on a piece of tough meat.,
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 25 Feb 2018 09:42:50 -0600, "cshenk" > wrote:

>Ophelia wrote:
>

>> "jmcquown" wrote in message ...
>>
>> On 2/24/2018 7:29 PM, wrote:

https://s13.postimg.org/gkykbm2wn/baked_catfish.jpg

>> > Oh, those do look mighty fine to me!
>> >
>> > About a hundred years ago I bought a can of 'large lima beans' and
>> > cooked them. I was sorely disappointed they weren't green like I
>> > was used to seeing. Darn can should have said 'large butter beans'
>> > and I wouldn't have gotten into such a snit. But I like both.
>> >

>> LOL They really are different, those beans.
>>
>> The catfish was nicely fork tender and very tasty. Just the right
>> amount of garlic in the Mrs. Dash seasoning.
>>
>> Jill
>>
>> ==
>>
>> I am not sure why you say they are 'fork tender'. Can those fish be
>> tough? That is something new. I've never found any fish to be tough,
>> unless we are talking about overcooked shellfish. Interesting.

>MahiMahi can be quite tough if overcooked. I think swordfish was the
>other one I noticed.

So is shark and halibut.
Generally non oily fish toughen when over cooked.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

https://s13.postimg.org/gkykbm2wn/baked_catfish.jpg

>>> LOL They really are different, those beans.
>>>
>>> The catfish was nicely fork tender and very tasty. Just the right
>>> amount of garlic in the Mrs. Dash seasoning.
>>>
>>> Jill
>>>
>>> ==
>>>
>>> I am not sure why you say they are 'fork tender'. Can those fish be
>>> tough? That is something new. I've never found any fish to be tough,
>>> unless we are talking about overcooked shellfish. Interesting.

>> MahiMahi can be quite tough if overcooked. I think swordfish was the
>> other one I noticed.

> So is shark and halibut.
> Generally non oily fish toughen when over cooked.

True, and IMNSHO, any fish will get tough if you cook it too long. I
think that's why some people who *like* fish don't often prepare it at home.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, February 25, 2018 at 7:44:26 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

> Ok thanks. I've never had tough fish so it is new to me.

We no like da tough fish too. That's why we eat 'em raw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJNAA03a7H4
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 25 Feb 2018 08:51:23 -0500, Gary > wrote:

wrote:

>> That combo for the batter made it really adhere to the chicken well -

>There was no batter in Jill's recipe...just oiled and seasoned.

Oh really ????

May I quote

" Partially freeze chicken about 30 minutes. Slice diagnonally into
1/4" thin strips; cut into 2" pieces. Blend nuts and sesame seed.
In a small bowl, combine egg whites, cornstarch, milk, MSG and
sugar to make a stiff batter. Stir in sherry. Dip chicken
strips in batter then roll them in sesame-nut mix"

>For future use though, to ensure a real batter will stick to meat
>- pat the meat very dry, coat with flour, then dip in batter. It
>will stick.

As I said, good batter for sticking to chicken!!

>Funny scenario to me: somehow drop an empty Twinkie wrapper on
>your floor while you are out shopping. Maybe I can pay your
>resident maintenance guy to do that? LOL

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

https://s13.postimg.org/gkykbm2wn/baked_catfish.jpg

>>> LOL They really are different, those beans.
>>>
>>> The catfish was nicely fork tender and very tasty. Just the right
>>> amount of garlic in the Mrs. Dash seasoning.
>>>
>>> Jill
>>>
>>> ==
>>>
>>> I am not sure why you say they are 'fork tender'. Can those fish be
>>> tough? That is something new. I've never found any fish to be tough,
>>> unless we are talking about overcooked shellfish. Interesting.

>>MahiMahi can be quite tough if overcooked. I think swordfish was the
>>other one I noticed.

>So is shark and halibut.
>Generally non oily fish toughen when over cooked.

I can't imagine tough halibut, you do talk nonsense!! All a bad cook
can do to halibut is over cook it like my DIL but it still wasn't
tough.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

--

In my case it is very rare that I don't prepare it at home)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Sunday, February 25, 2018 at 7:44:26 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

> Ok thanks. I've never had tough fish so it is new to me.

We no like da tough fish too. That's why we eat 'em raw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJNAA03a7H4

-------

I love that lassie)) How do I find more of her vids? )))

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>"jmcquown" wrote in message ...

snip

>> The catfish was nicely fork tender and very tasty. Just the right
>> amount of garlic in the Mrs. Dash seasoning.
>>
>> Jill
>>
>> ==
>>
>> I am not sure why you say they are 'fork tender'. Can those fish be
>> tough? That is something new. I've never found any fish to be tough,
>> unless we are talking about overcooked shellfish. Interesting.
>>

>If you cook fish too long it can get tough. I guess I mean it was firm
>but still flaky.
>
>Jill
>
>==
>
>Ok thanks. I've never had tough fish so it is new to me.

I think it is a matter of mouth feel. It isn't like you have to chew
like you do on a piece of tough meat.,
Janet US
==

Ok, thanks. I was just a bit confused with the 'fork tender' comment.

I haven't met a fish yet that you couldn't 'cut' with a fork, so ....

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, February 25, 2018 at 2:40:17 PM UTC-6, wrote:

> I can't imagine tough halibut, you do talk nonsense!! All a bad cook
> can do to halibut is over cook it like my DIL but it still wasn't
> tough.

I think the main thing that happens when fish is overcooked is it gets
dry as a bone.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 25 Feb 2018 14:43:43 -0800 (PST), "
> wrote:

>On Sunday, February 25, 2018 at 2:40:17 PM UTC-6, wrote:
>>
>> I can't imagine tough halibut, you do talk nonsense!! All a bad cook
>> can do to halibut is over cook it like my DIL but it still wasn't
>> tough.
>>

>I think the main thing that happens when fish is overcooked is it gets
>dry as a bone.

And usually flavourless too
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/25/2018 4:38 PM, Ophelia wrote:

>>> MahiMahi can be quite tough if overcooked.Â* I think swordfish was the
>>> other one I noticed.

>> So is shark and halibut.
>> Generally non oily fish toughen when over cooked.
>>

> True, and IMNSHO, any fish will get tough if you cook it too long.Â* I
> think that's why some people who *like* fish don't often prepare it at
> home.
>
> Jill
>
> --
>
> In my case it is very rare that I don't prepare it at home)

Same here, but then I don't seem to have any trouble with it!

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" wrote in message ...

>>> MahiMahi can be quite tough if overcooked. I think swordfish was the
>>> other one I noticed.

>> So is shark and halibut.
>> Generally non oily fish toughen when over cooked.
>>

> True, and IMNSHO, any fish will get tough if you cook it too long. I
> think that's why some people who *like* fish don't often prepare it at
> home.
>
> Jill
>
> --
>
> In my case it is very rare that I don't prepare it at home)

Same here, but then I don't seem to have any trouble with it!

Jill

==

I never have any trouble with it but since I've never had any that had been
tough, I was interested in your comment.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

I have 104 calico fillets, no kidding. Thoughts running thru my head with no good ones. I would ship half. These are tiny. I may wait until famished.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Thomas" wrote in message

I have 104 calico fillets, no kidding. Thoughts running thru my head with no
good ones. I would ship half. These are tiny. I may wait until famished.

==

I had to Google those Loads of recipes on there though

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 26 Feb 2018 14:16:43 -0600, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Sun, 25 Feb 2018 12:35:31 -0500, jmcquown wrote:
>
>> It was quite easy to find when I lived in the Memphis area. Lots of
>> catfish farms around there. Here in SC here it's all about seafood so
>> when I find catfish on sale for $6.99/lb (not previously frozen,
>> according to Publix Supermarket) I snap it up and into the freezer it
>> goes.

>Fresh catfish is normally $6.97/lb here. Almost always on sale for
>much less than that. $4.77/lb this month.
>
>https://www.heb.com/product-detail/f...-raised/373281
>
>Catfish "nuggets" are always under $2.50/lb.
>
>https://www.heb.com/product-detail/h...uggets/1439700
>
>-sw

you don't want nuggets. You want nice big side slabs. Season them,
slip them in egg/milk then flour and then drop them in the deep fryer.
When done the juice is bursting from the meat and will burn your
tongue something awful if you aren't careful. It's the best but for
me it is a special treat because to get the cuts I want is expensive
and not often available.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, February 25, 2018 at 11:39:00 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

> I love that lassie)) How do I find more of her vids? )))

That's a pretty good idea. She gives representation to the crazy-ass food we eat over here.

https://www.youtube.com/user/JaniceKOREA/videos
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Sunday, February 25, 2018 at 11:39:00 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

> I love that lassie)) How do I find more of her vids? )))

That's a pretty good idea. She gives representation to the crazy-ass food we
eat over here.

https://www.youtube.com/user/JaniceKOREA/videos

==

Thanks very much)