Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default The dinner that almost wasn't.

I am having one of those days where nothing goes right. Woke up to email not
working. Just now started working again. Couldn't even come to the NG.

Won a small amount on a lottery ticket so decided to take a trip to the
store and spend the money on food. Began to snow (wasn't supposed to) as I
left. Discovered that I hadn't looked at the tickets correctly and (I think
I turned in 3 or 4) they were worth a little more money than I expected.
That's always nice!

Only bought a few things. Mainly stuff to add to the pasta fagioli that I
made for dinner and a pot roast and potatoes for tomorrow.

Got home and couldn't open the car trunk. Tried everything and repeatedly. I
think what happened was a reusable bag got caught somehow in the mechanism
or something. I remember looking at the bag as I shut the trunk and thinking
it would be a problem.

I didn't want to waste the food because it is so very cold. I had salad that
would wilt and soda pop that could explode.

AAA was no help. She walked me through everything I'd already tried. Then by
some miracle, the trunk flew open. Dinner was delayed but very good! Am
cooking the roast now as I won't have time to cook it tomorrow. Might also
do the veggies and reheat them tomorrow.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, February 24, 2018 at 1:40:13 AM UTC-5, Julie Bove wrote:
> I am having one of those days where nothing goes right.

I wonder if Domino's Pizza would cover this scenario? Love the one where the tree crushes the car.