Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Casserole foer dinner

It's still below freezing and I want the oven on for heat. Might even make a
small, flourless chocolate cake if I have the needed ingredients.

The casserole is akin to a Tater Tot one but I am using Kroger brand Tater
Crowns. Under those is a mix of lean, grass fed ground beef, carrots,
celery, onion, green beans, creamed corn, cream of mushroom soup, salt,
pepper and parsley. Also sharp cheddar cheese. The dog has his own little
casserole, minus the onion.

Dog is finally eating and loving jerky for dogs. I guess that's a start.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:
> It's still below freezing and I want the oven on for heat. Might even
> make a small, flourless chocolate cake if I have the needed ingredients.
>
> The casserole is akin to a Tater Tot one but I am using Kroger brand
> Tater Crowns. Under those is a mix of lean, grass fed ground beef,
> carrots, celery, onion, green beans, creamed corn, cream of mushroom
> soup, salt, pepper and parsley. Also sharp cheddar cheese. The dog has
> his own little casserole, minus the onion.
>
> Dog is finally eating and loving jerky for dogs. I guess that's a start.

You make jerky? I haven't made any in many years. A lucky dog there, but
I wonder if it is good to give him stuff like that?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Hank, she said, "jerky FOR DOGS." Did you not see that?
;-))

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Hank Rogers" > wrote in message
news
> Julie Bove wrote:
>> It's still below freezing and I want the oven on for heat. Might even
>> make a small, flourless chocolate cake if I have the needed ingredients.
>>
>> The casserole is akin to a Tater Tot one but I am using Kroger brand
>> Tater Crowns. Under those is a mix of lean, grass fed ground beef,
>> carrots, celery, onion, green beans, creamed corn, cream of mushroom
>> soup, salt, pepper and parsley. Also sharp cheddar cheese. The dog has
>> his own little casserole, minus the onion.
>>
>> Dog is finally eating and loving jerky for dogs. I guess that's a start.

> You make jerky? I haven't made any in many years. A lucky dog there, but I
> wonder if it is good to give him stuff like that?

I didn't make it. I used to have a dehydrator. I no longer do. I know Alton
Brown uses the oven. Never tried that.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy2" > wrote in message
> Hank, she said, "jerky FOR DOGS." Did you not see that?
> ;-))
>
> N.

That doesn't mean I couldn't have made it. I didn't, but there are recipes.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/22/2018 11:07 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

> "Nancy2" > wrote in message
>> Hank, she said, "jerky FOR DOGS."Â* Did you not see that?
>> ;-))
>>
>> N.

> That doesn't mean I couldn't have made it. I didn't, but there are recipes.

The jerky for the dog is a weird thing to focus on since the post isn't
about the dog. It's about the casserole... which was described as:

"akin to a Tater Tot one but I am using Kroger brand Tater Crowns. Under
those is a mix of lean, grass fed ground beef, carrots, celery, onion,
green beans, creamed corn, cream of mushroom soup, salt, pepper and
parsley. Also sharp cheddar cheese."

I don't think the brand of frozen shredded formed potatoes really
matters. Nor does the brand of cream of mushroom soup. I'd still call
it a tater tot casserole, but only because I've heard about it here.

As for actual jerky for dogs, I wouldn't bother making it from scratch.
Any pet store aisle will have lots of it for much less money and effort
than making it.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/23/2018 6:56 PM, jmcquown wrote:
> On 2/22/2018 11:07 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> "Nancy2" > wrote in message
>>> Hank, she said, "jerky FOR DOGS."Â* Did you not see that?
>>> ;-))
>>>
>>> N.

>> That doesn't mean I couldn't have made it. I didn't, but there are
>> recipes.

> The jerky for the dog is a weird thing to focus on since the post
> isn't about the dog.Â* It's about the casserole... which was described as:
>
> "akin to a Tater Tot one but I am using Kroger brand Tater Crowns.
> Under those is a mix of lean, grass fed ground beef, carrots, celery,
> onion, green beans, creamed corn, cream of mushroom soup, salt, pepper
> and parsley. Also sharp cheddar cheese."
>
> I don't think the brand of frozen shredded formed potatoes really
> matters.Â* Nor does the brand of cream of mushroom soup.Â* I'd still
> call it a tater tot casserole, but only because I've heard about it here.
>
> As for actual jerky for dogs, I wouldn't bother making it from
> scratch. Any pet store aisle will have lots of it for much less money
> and effort than making it.
>
> Jill

Â* My dog will eat just about anything he sees me eat . We limit how
much "people food" he gets , mostly just little bits of fat/bones from
dinner or the like . Too much is not good for dogs - Max does drink a
little coffee with milk with me in the morning , but his main diet is
dog food . And I sure don't cook specifically for him , unless you want
to count tossing the giblets in to cook with the rest of the chicken .

--
Snag
Ain't no dollar sign on

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 24 Feb 2018 09:06:42 -0600, Terry Coombs >
wrote:

>On 2/23/2018 6:56 PM, jmcquown wrote:

>>> That doesn't mean I couldn't have made it. I didn't, but there are
>>> recipes.

>> The jerky for the dog is a weird thing to focus on since the post
>> isn't about the dog.* It's about the casserole... which was described as:
>>
>> "akin to a Tater Tot one but I am using Kroger brand Tater Crowns.
>> Under those is a mix of lean, grass fed ground beef, carrots, celery,
>> onion, green beans, creamed corn, cream of mushroom soup, salt, pepper
>> and parsley. Also sharp cheddar cheese."
>>
>> I don't think the brand of frozen shredded formed potatoes really
>> matters.* Nor does the brand of cream of mushroom soup.* I'd still
>> call it a tater tot casserole, but only because I've heard about it here.
>>
>> As for actual jerky for dogs, I wouldn't bother making it from
>> scratch. Any pet store aisle will have lots of it for much less money
>> and effort than making it.
>>
>> Jill

> * My dog will eat just about anything he sees me eat . We limit how
>much "people food" he gets , mostly just little bits of fat/bones from
>dinner or the like . Too much is not good for dogs - Max does drink a
>little coffee with milk with me in the morning

lol, who gets the newspaper?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/24/2018 2:19 PM, Bruce wrote:
> On Sat, 24 Feb 2018 09:06:42 -0600, Terry Coombs >
> wrote:

>>> The jerky for the dog is a weird thing to focus on since the post
>>> isn't about the dog.Â* It's about the casserole... which was described as:
>>>
>>> "akin to a Tater Tot one but I am using Kroger brand Tater Crowns.
>>> Under those is a mix of lean, grass fed ground beef, carrots, celery,
>>> onion, green beans, creamed corn, cream of mushroom soup, salt, pepper
>>> and parsley. Also sharp cheddar cheese."
>>>
>>> I don't think the brand of frozen shredded formed potatoes really
>>> matters.Â* Nor does the brand of cream of mushroom soup.Â* I'd still
>>> call it a tater tot casserole, but only because I've heard about it here.
>>>
>>> As for actual jerky for dogs, I wouldn't bother making it from
>>> scratch. Any pet store aisle will have lots of it for much less money
>>> and effort than making it.
>>>
>>> Jill

>> Â* My dog will eat just about anything he sees me eat . We limit how
>> much "people food" he gets , mostly just little bits of fat/bones from
>> dinner or the like . Too much is not good for dogs - Max does drink a
>> little coffee with milk with me in the morning

> lol, who gets the newspaper?

Â* Max hasn't learned to read yet , he's only 19 months old fer cryin'
out loud !

--
Snag
Ain't no dollar sign on

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Terry Coombs wrote:
> On 2/24/2018 2:19 PM, Bruce wrote:
>> On Sat, 24 Feb 2018 09:06:42 -0600, Terry Coombs >
>> wrote:

>>> My dog will eat just about anything he sees me eat . We limit how
>>> much "people food" he gets , mostly just little bits of fat/bones from
>>> dinner or the like . Too much is not good for dogs - Max does drink a
>>> little coffee with milk with me in the morning

>> lol, who gets the newspaper?

> Max hasn't learned to read yet , he's only 19 months old fer cryin'
> out loud !

I hear ya. I had an extremely intelligent german shepard (died about 5
yrs ago). In his elderly days, a young siamese cat came here (dumped or
abandoned?). At first, he was simply going to kill the cat, but my wife
ordered him to stop. This dog took ALL her orders seriously, and without
question.

The animals became friends, and he trained that damn cat! She is still
with me, and she still thinks like a dog, and she still does the same
dog things he taught her years ago.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, February 24, 2018 at 11:16:59 AM UTC-10, Terry Coombs wrote:

> Â* Max hasn't learned to read yet , he's only 19 months old fer cryin'
> out loud !
>
> --
> Snag
> Ain't no dollar sign on
> peace of mind - Zac Brown

Congrats on your new dog. I fear that your expectations might be a wee bit too high though...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-02-24 3:28 PM, Hank Rogers wrote:

> The animals became friends, and he trained that damn cat! She is still
> with me, and she still thinks like a dog, and she still does the same
> dog things he taught her years ago.

You mean it shits on other people's front lawns? :-)
Graham

Posted to rec.food.cooking

graham wrote:
> On 2018-02-24 3:28 PM, Hank Rogers wrote:
>

>> The animals became friends, and he trained that damn cat! She is still
>> with me, and she still thinks like a dog, and she still does the same
>> dog things he taught her years ago.
>>

> You mean it shits on other people's front lawns? :-)
> Graham

Well, there are no lawns for miles here (very rural). But yes, she would
shit right in the middle of any fancy, expensively maintained patch of
"lawn". She wouldn't know any better.

She has been shitting here wherever the mood strikes her.

I'll let her continue.

But if a cat should defecate on your "lawn", just send me a bill, dear,
and I'll get Julie's gardener to fix you up!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Terry Coombs wrote:

> On 2/23/2018 6:56 PM, jmcquown wrote:

> > > That doesn't mean I couldn't have made it. I didn't, but there
> > > are recipes.

> > The jerky for the dog is a weird thing to focus on since the post
> > isn't about the dog.Â* It's about the casserole... which was
> > described as:
> >
> > "akin to a Tater Tot one but I am using Kroger brand Tater Crowns.
> > Under those is a mix of lean, grass fed ground beef, carrots,
> > celery, onion, green beans, creamed corn, cream of mushroom soup,
> > salt, pepper and parsley. Also sharp cheddar cheese."
> >
> > I don't think the brand of frozen shredded formed potatoes really
> > matters.Â* Nor does the brand of cream of mushroom soup.Â* I'd still
> > call it a tater tot casserole, but only because I've heard about it
> > here.
> >
> > As for actual jerky for dogs, I wouldn't bother making it from
> > scratch. Any pet store aisle will have lots of it for much less
> > money and effort than making it.
> >
> > Jill

> Â* My dog will eat just about anything he sees me eat . We limit how
> much "people food" he gets , mostly just little bits of fat/bones
> from dinner or the like . Too much is not good for dogs - Max does
> drink a little coffee with milk with me in the morning , but his main
> diet is dog food . And I sure don't cook specifically for him ,
> unless you want to count tossing the giblets in to cook with the rest
> of the chicken .

I know many who reliably cook for their dogs (with proper undersating
of nutitional additives they need). It is however somewhat time
intensive if you work outside the home.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 24 Feb 2018 15:17:46 -0600, Terry Coombs >
wrote:

>On 2/24/2018 2:19 PM, Bruce wrote:
>> On Sat, 24 Feb 2018 09:06:42 -0600, Terry Coombs >
>> wrote:

>>> * My dog will eat just about anything he sees me eat . We limit how
>>> much "people food" he gets , mostly just little bits of fat/bones from
>>> dinner or the like . Too much is not good for dogs - Max does drink a
>>> little coffee with milk with me in the morning

>> lol, who gets the newspaper?

> * Max hasn't learned to read yet , he's only 19 months old fer cryin'
>out loud !

Not to mention Max is only a dog... cats can read at college level at
one year old. LOL

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, February 24, 2018 at 5:06:43 AM UTC-10, Terry Coombs wrote:
> On 2/23/2018 6:56 PM, jmcquown wrote:

> >> That doesn't mean I couldn't have made it. I didn't, but there are
> >> recipes.

> > The jerky for the dog is a weird thing to focus on since the post
> > isn't about the dog.Â* It's about the casserole... which was described as:
> >
> > "akin to a Tater Tot one but I am using Kroger brand Tater Crowns.
> > Under those is a mix of lean, grass fed ground beef, carrots, celery,
> > onion, green beans, creamed corn, cream of mushroom soup, salt, pepper
> > and parsley. Also sharp cheddar cheese."
> >
> > I don't think the brand of frozen shredded formed potatoes really
> > matters.Â* Nor does the brand of cream of mushroom soup.Â* I'd still
> > call it a tater tot casserole, but only because I've heard about it here.
> >
> > As for actual jerky for dogs, I wouldn't bother making it from
> > scratch. Any pet store aisle will have lots of it for much less money
> > and effort than making it.
> >
> > Jill

> Â* My dog will eat just about anything he sees me eat . We limit how
> much "people food" he gets , mostly just little bits of fat/bones from
> dinner or the like . Too much is not good for dogs - Max does drink a
> little coffee with milk with me in the morning , but his main diet is
> dog food . And I sure don't cook specifically for him , unless you want
> to count tossing the giblets in to cook with the rest of the chicken .
>
> --
> Snag
> Ain't no dollar sign on
> peace of mind - Zac Brown

My brother will feed his dogs deer heads that he gets from the local hunters. The whole head - raw. In a couple of days, the head is consumed, antlers and all. He raises these dogs for show so I guess he knows a thing or two about dogs. He showed me a picture of one of his dog and said it was the best of its breed in the United States. To me, it looked like a dog.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Saturday, February 24, 2018 at 5:06:43 AM UTC-10, Terry Coombs wrote:
> On 2/23/2018 6:56 PM, jmcquown wrote:

> >> That doesn't mean I couldn't have made it. I didn't, but there are
> >> recipes.

> > The jerky for the dog is a weird thing to focus on since the post
> > isn't about the dog. It's about the casserole... which was described
> > as:
> >
> > "akin to a Tater Tot one but I am using Kroger brand Tater Crowns.
> > Under those is a mix of lean, grass fed ground beef, carrots, celery,
> > onion, green beans, creamed corn, cream of mushroom soup, salt, pepper
> > and parsley. Also sharp cheddar cheese."
> >
> > I don't think the brand of frozen shredded formed potatoes really
> > matters. Nor does the brand of cream of mushroom soup. I'd still
> > call it a tater tot casserole, but only because I've heard about it
> > here.
> >
> > As for actual jerky for dogs, I wouldn't bother making it from
> > scratch. Any pet store aisle will have lots of it for much less money
> > and effort than making it.
> >
> > Jill

> My dog will eat just about anything he sees me eat . We limit how
> much "people food" he gets , mostly just little bits of fat/bones from
> dinner or the like . Too much is not good for dogs - Max does drink a
> little coffee with milk with me in the morning , but his main diet is
> dog food . And I sure don't cook specifically for him , unless you want
> to count tossing the giblets in to cook with the rest of the chicken .
>
> --
> Snag
> Ain't no dollar sign on
> peace of mind - Zac Brown

My brother will feed his dogs deer heads that he gets from the local
hunters. The whole head - raw. In a couple of days, the head is consumed,
antlers and all. He raises these dogs for show so I guess he knows a thing
or two about dogs. He showed me a picture of one of his dog and said it was
the best of its breed in the United States. To me, it looked like a dog.

=

They must be big dogs

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 25 Feb 2018 08:31:28 -0000, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>"dsi1" wrote in message
>
>On Saturday, February 24, 2018 at 5:06:43 AM UTC-10, Terry Coombs wrote:

>> > The jerky for the dog is a weird thing to focus on since the post
>> > isn't about the dog. It's about the casserole... which was described
>> > as:
>> >
>> > "akin to a Tater Tot one but I am using Kroger brand Tater Crowns.
>> > Under those is a mix of lean, grass fed ground beef, carrots, celery,
>> > onion, green beans, creamed corn, cream of mushroom soup, salt, pepper
>> > and parsley. Also sharp cheddar cheese."
>> >
>> > I don't think the brand of frozen shredded formed potatoes really
>> > matters. Nor does the brand of cream of mushroom soup. I'd still
>> > call it a tater tot casserole, but only because I've heard about it
>> > here.
>> >
>> > As for actual jerky for dogs, I wouldn't bother making it from
>> > scratch. Any pet store aisle will have lots of it for much less money
>> > and effort than making it.
>> >
>> > Jill

>> My dog will eat just about anything he sees me eat . We limit how
>> much "people food" he gets , mostly just little bits of fat/bones from
>> dinner or the like . Too much is not good for dogs - Max does drink a
>> little coffee with milk with me in the morning , but his main diet is
>> dog food . And I sure don't cook specifically for him , unless you want
>> to count tossing the giblets in to cook with the rest of the chicken .
>>
>> --
>> Snag
>> Ain't no dollar sign on
>> peace of mind - Zac Brown

>My brother will feed his dogs deer heads that he gets from the local
>hunters. The whole head - raw. In a couple of days, the head is consumed,
>antlers and all. He raises these dogs for show so I guess he knows a thing
>or two about dogs. He showed me a picture of one of his dog and said it was
>the best of its breed in the United States. To me, it looked like a dog.
>
>=
>
>They must be big dogs

Or:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peromyscus
Posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:

> On Saturday, February 24, 2018 at 5:06:43 AM UTC-10, Terry Coombs
> wrote:

> > are >> recipes.
> > >
> > > The jerky for the dog is a weird thing to focus on since the post
> > > isn't about the dog.Â* It's about the casserole... which was
> > > described as:
> > >
> > > "akin to a Tater Tot one but I am using Kroger brand Tater
> > > Crowns. Under those is a mix of lean, grass fed ground beef,
> > > carrots, celery, onion, green beans, creamed corn, cream of
> > > mushroom soup, salt, pepper and parsley. Also sharp cheddar
> > > cheese."
> > >
> > > I don't think the brand of frozen shredded formed potatoes really
> > > matters.Â* Nor does the brand of cream of mushroom soup.Â* I'd
> > > still call it a tater tot casserole, but only because I've heard
> > > about it here.
> > >
> > > As for actual jerky for dogs, I wouldn't bother making it from
> > > scratch. Any pet store aisle will have lots of it for much less
> > > money and effort than making it.
> > >
> > > Jill

> > Â* My dog will eat just about anything he sees me eat . We limit
> > how much "people food" he gets , mostly just little bits of
> > fat/bones from dinner or the like . Too much is not good for dogs -
> > Max does drink a little coffee with milk with me in the morning ,
> > but his main diet is dog food . And I sure don't cook specifically
> > for him , unless you want to count tossing the giblets in to cook
> > with the rest of the chicken .
> >
> > --
> > Snag
> > Ain't no dollar sign on
> > peace of mind - Zac Brown

> My brother will feed his dogs deer heads that he gets from the local
> hunters. The whole head - raw. In a couple of days, the head is
> consumed, antlers and all. He raises these dogs for show so I guess
> he knows a thing or two about dogs. He showed me a picture of one of
> his dog and said it was the best of its breed in the United States.
> To me, it looked like a dog.

He probably adds other things to the diet but that's fairly close to
raw feeding. I do a mix-n-match here with 60% a quality kibble and 20%
raw and 20% cooked. Cash gets green bean filler (he's a little
overweight now at 58lbs).
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia wrote:

> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Saturday, February 24, 2018 at 5:06:43 AM UTC-10, Terry Coombs
> wrote:

> >> The jerky for the dog is a weird thing to focus on since the post
> >> isn't about the dog. It's about the casserole... which was

> described > as:
> > >
> >> "akin to a Tater Tot one but I am using Kroger brand Tater Crowns.
> >> Under those is a mix of lean, grass fed ground beef, carrots,

> celery, >> onion, green beans, creamed corn, cream of mushroom soup,
> salt, pepper >> and parsley. Also sharp cheddar cheese."
> > >
> >> I don't think the brand of frozen shredded formed potatoes really
> >> matters. Nor does the brand of cream of mushroom soup. I'd still
> >> call it a tater tot casserole, but only because I've heard about

> it > here.
> > >
> >> As for actual jerky for dogs, I wouldn't bother making it from
> >> scratch. Any pet store aisle will have lots of it for much less

> money >> and effort than making it.
> > >
> >> Jill

> > My dog will eat just about anything he sees me eat . We limit how
> > much "people food" he gets , mostly just little bits of fat/bones
> > from dinner or the like . Too much is not good for dogs - Max does
> > drink a little coffee with milk with me in the morning , but his
> > main diet is dog food . And I sure don't cook specifically for him
> > , unless you want to count tossing the giblets in to cook with the
> > rest of the chicken .
> >
> > -- Snag
> > Ain't no dollar sign on
> > peace of mind - Zac Brown

> My brother will feed his dogs deer heads that he gets from the local
> hunters. The whole head - raw. In a couple of days, the head is
> consumed, antlers and all. He raises these dogs for show so I guess
> he knows a thing or two about dogs. He showed me a picture of one of
> his dog and said it was the best of its breed in the United States.
> To me, it looked like a dog.
>
> =
>
> They must be big dogs

Depends on the type of deer. Some types are pretty small.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>"dsi1" wrote in message
>
>On Saturday, February 24, 2018 at 5:06:43 AM UTC-10, Terry Coombs wrote:

>> > The jerky for the dog is a weird thing to focus on since the post
>> > isn't about the dog. It's about the casserole... which was described
>> > as:
>> >
>> > "akin to a Tater Tot one but I am using Kroger brand Tater Crowns.
>> > Under those is a mix of lean, grass fed ground beef, carrots, celery,
>> > onion, green beans, creamed corn, cream of mushroom soup, salt, pepper
>> > and parsley. Also sharp cheddar cheese."
>> >
>> > I don't think the brand of frozen shredded formed potatoes really
>> > matters. Nor does the brand of cream of mushroom soup. I'd still
>> > call it a tater tot casserole, but only because I've heard about it
>> > here.
>> >
>> > As for actual jerky for dogs, I wouldn't bother making it from
>> > scratch. Any pet store aisle will have lots of it for much less money
>> > and effort than making it.
>> >
>> > Jill

>> My dog will eat just about anything he sees me eat . We limit how
>> much "people food" he gets , mostly just little bits of fat/bones from
>> dinner or the like . Too much is not good for dogs - Max does drink a
>> little coffee with milk with me in the morning , but his main diet is
>> dog food . And I sure don't cook specifically for him , unless you want
>> to count tossing the giblets in to cook with the rest of the chicken .
>>
>> --
>> Snag
>> Ain't no dollar sign on
>> peace of mind - Zac Brown

>My brother will feed his dogs deer heads that he gets from the local
>hunters. The whole head - raw. In a couple of days, the head is consumed,
>antlers and all. He raises these dogs for show so I guess he knows a thing
>or two about dogs. He showed me a picture of one of his dog and said it was
>the best of its breed in the United States. To me, it looked like a dog.
>
>=
>
>They must be big dogs

Or:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peromyscus

==

That doesn't look like any dog I have ever seen <g>

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, February 24, 2018 at 10:32:39 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

> They must be big dogs

They raise dalmations. I have not seen them nor have I heard of such a thing as feeding a dog a deer's head. OTOH, my guess is that entire head would be packed with nutrients - builds healthy bodies 12 different ways!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/24/2018 8:04 PM, wrote:
> On Sat, 24 Feb 2018 15:17:46 -0600, Terry Coombs >
> wrote:
>
>> On 2/24/2018 2:19 PM, Bruce wrote:

>>> lol, who gets the newspaper?

>> Â* Max hasn't learned to read yet , he's only 19 months old fer cryin'
>> out loud !

> Not to mention Max is only a dog... cats can read at college level at
> one year old. LOL

Â* Bullshit , the last cat we had never did learn to read ! Kept hangin'
out on the street corner sellin' crack when he was supposed to be in
school but then what did I expect , he WAS after all a black cat .

--
Snag
Ain't no dollar sign on

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/24/2018 8:38 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> On Saturday, February 24, 2018 at 5:06:43 AM UTC-10, Terry Coombs wrote:

>>> The jerky for the dog is a weird thing to focus on since the post
>>> isn't about the dog.Â* It's about the casserole... which was described as:
>>>
>>> "akin to a Tater Tot one but I am using Kroger brand Tater Crowns.
>>> Under those is a mix of lean, grass fed ground beef, carrots, celery,
>>> onion, green beans, creamed corn, cream of mushroom soup, salt, pepper
>>> and parsley. Also sharp cheddar cheese."
>>>
>>> I don't think the brand of frozen shredded formed potatoes really
>>> matters.Â* Nor does the brand of cream of mushroom soup.Â* I'd still
>>> call it a tater tot casserole, but only because I've heard about it here.
>>>
>>> As for actual jerky for dogs, I wouldn't bother making it from
>>> scratch. Any pet store aisle will have lots of it for much less money
>>> and effort than making it.
>>>
>>> Jill

>> Â* My dog will eat just about anything he sees me eat . We limit how
>> much "people food" he gets , mostly just little bits of fat/bones from
>> dinner or the like . Too much is not good for dogs - Max does drink a
>> little coffee with milk with me in the morning , but his main diet is
>> dog food . And I sure don't cook specifically for him , unless you want
>> to count tossing the giblets in to cook with the rest of the chicken .
>>
>> --
>> Snag
>> Ain't no dollar sign on
>> peace of mind - Zac Brown

> My brother will feed his dogs deer heads that he gets from the local hunters. The whole head - raw. In a couple of days, the head is consumed, antlers and all. He raises these dogs for show so I guess he knows a thing or two about dogs. He showed me a picture of one of his dog and said it was the best of its breed in the United States. To me, it looked like a dog.

Â* Max is NOT allowed to eat raw wild game of any kind . Too many
parasites , and worm medicine isn't free .

--
Snag
Ain't no dollar sign on

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, February 26, 2018 at 12:18:25 PM UTC-10, Terry Coombs wrote:

> Â* Max is NOT allowed to eat raw wild game of any kind . Too many
> parasites , and worm medicine isn't free .
>
> --
> Snag
> Ain't no dollar sign on
> peace of mind - Zac Brown

What you say makes a lot of sense. OTOH, my brother and his wife and all the people associated with these show dogs should know a thing or two about dogs. I'll ask him about that if I see him again.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/26/2018 5:05 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> On Monday, February 26, 2018 at 12:18:25 PM UTC-10, Terry Coombs wrote:
>> Â* Max is NOT allowed to eat raw wild game of any kind . Too many
>> parasites , and worm medicine isn't free .
>>
>> --
>> Snag
>> Ain't no dollar sign on
>> peace of mind - Zac Brown

> What you say makes a lot of sense. OTOH, my brother and his wife and all the people associated with these show dogs should know a thing or two about dogs. I'll ask him about that if I see him again.

Â* Please do ! Out here we have a problem with tapeworms . Fleas from
squirrel or bird can carry the eggs , dog chews flea , dog has tapeworms
.. I check Max' stool occasionally for the segments they shed , if I see
them I have medication on hand .

--
Snag
Ain't no dollar sign on

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, February 26, 2018 at 1:33:18 PM UTC-10, Terry Coombs wrote:

> Â* Please do ! Out here we have a problem with tapeworms . Fleas from
> squirrel or bird can carry the eggs , dog chews flea , dog has tapeworms
> . I check Max' stool occasionally for the segments they shed , if I see
> them I have medication on hand .
>
> --
> Snag
> Ain't no dollar sign on
> peace of mind - Zac Brown

What's probably a bad idea is people on the mainland eating raw fish i.e., poke. I'm just waiting for the shit to hit the fan because that shit might contain worms.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, February 26, 2018 at 6:39:58 PM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:
> On Monday, February 26, 2018 at 1:33:18 PM UTC-10, Terry Coombs wrote:
> >
> > Â* Please do ! Out here we have a problem with tapeworms . Fleas from
> > squirrel or bird can carry the eggs , dog chews flea , dog has tapeworms
> > . I check Max' stool occasionally for the segments they shed , if I see
> > them I have medication on hand .
> >
> > --
> > Snag
> > Ain't no dollar sign on
> > peace of mind - Zac Brown

> What's probably a bad idea is people on the mainland eating raw fish i.e., poke. I'm just waiting for the shit to hit the fan because that shit might contain worms.

We've been eating sushi for decades. Why should poke be any different?

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Thursday, February 22, 2018 at 5:42:52 PM UTC-8, Julie Bove wrote:
> It's still below freezing and I want the oven on for heat. Might even make a
> small, flourless chocolate cake if I have the needed ingredients.
>
> The casserole is akin to a Tater Tot one but I am using Kroger brand Tater
> Crowns. Under those is a mix of lean, grass fed ground beef, carrots,
> celery, onion, green beans, creamed corn, cream of mushroom soup, salt,
> pepper and parsley. Also sharp cheddar cheese. The dog has his own little
> casserole, minus the onion.
>
> Dog is finally eating and loving jerky for dogs. I guess that's a start.

do you feed your dog regular "dog food". If not you should really grab one of the better brands of dog food as his main diet and feed people food only as a treat. The better brands of dog food, especially grain free, are more suited to a dogs system and also have vitamins and minerals he won't get from your people food. You will have a healthier dog.