Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default What's for dinner?

"cshenk" > wrote in message
> Ophelia wrote:
>

>> "U.S. Janet B." wrote in message
>> I make 12 gallons (+/-) of spaghetti sauce at a time. I fill each
>> quart Ziploc freezer bag with 16 ounces of sauce. I lay them flat,
>> overlapping on a couple of half sheet pans. I put the pans in the
>> deep freeze until everything is frozen solid. Then I use a 2 or 3
>> three gallon zip bags to corral all the bags of spaghetti sauce.
>> Everything is flat, everything is frozen and kept together. Once
>> years ago I had a couple of bags from the same box leak immediately as
>> I filled them. I called the company and they sent me coupons for a
>> couple of free boxes of bags.
>> Janet US
>>
>> ==
>>
>> Blimey, what pan are you using???

> Sheldon's that mounts to the floor and is on gimbales of course!

Made of the finest materials available, so fine in fact that his is the only
one in the world.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bruce" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 13 Jan 2018 16:13:04 -0500, wrote:
>
>>I don't use Zip-Locs for liquids either, sometimes they do leak, how
>>do I know this, I use them for marinating but always in a bowl....
>>they do save on the quantity of marinade needed.
>> I mostly use them for freezing fresh meats like roasts that I first
>>wrap with Saran to prevent freezer burn and then into the Zip-Lock.
>>Everytime I use Zip-Locs it ****es me off that they don't make and
>>refuse to make a two quart size. It's gotten to the point that I'm
>>ready to boycot Zip-Loc... the plastic bags at the produce section
>>work as well if not better and they are free... after wraping in Saran
>>place the item in a produce bag, squeeze out the air twist the open
>>end and tie a knot in it, voila... screw you, Zip-Loc! In fact the
>>produce manager knows me and gave me an entire roll of bags. Zip-Loc
>>really should make a two quart and a three quart size, the gallon size
>>is the least useful. a lot of wasted space. The typical 2-3 pound
>>piece of meat really needs a 2 qt size, the 1 qt is two small but the
>>gallon size is way too big. I've phoned Zip-Loc on this issue,
>>however their people who answer their phone are rudest know nothings
>>of any company I've ever contacted, and I contact lots. The vast
>>majority of major companys are very receptive to comments and most all
>>send me a stack of coupons, even for items 'll never use. Last time
>>Lays sent me a dozen coupons for free chips, kept one and gave the
>>rest to the grands. Zip-Loc wouldn't give the perspiration from their
>>crotch, the snotnosed young imbecile was not at all interested in
>>relaying my comment about making 2 qt bags... shoulda told the ****
>>that zip-lock couldn't make proper sized condoms and their one quart
>>was too small for me... perhaps the Zip-Loc gals all take the
>>prolapsed gallon size.

> Can you freeze vodka in ziploc bags? Then you could attach a bag to a
> drip system over your head when you go to sleep.

Gotta laugh at that.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gary wrote:

>"U.S. Janet B." wrote:
>>
>> I make 12 gallons (+/-) of spaghetti sauce at a time.

> :-o

Even I don't make 12 gallons of anything at a time... this coming week
I'm planning to make pea soup, 12 quarts.
12 gallons is 48 quarts... I need to see her 50 qt. pot.
12 gallons weighs over 100 pounds, most residential stoves won't
safely support 100 pounds.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cheri wrote:
> "Bruce" > wrote in message
>> On Sat, 13 Jan 2018 16:13:04 -0500, wrote:
>>
>>> I don't use Zip-Locs for liquids either, sometimes they do leak, how
>>> do I know this, I use them for marinating but always in a bowl....
>>> they do save on the quantity of marinade needed.
>>> I mostly use them for freezing fresh meats like roasts that I first
>>> wrap with Saran to prevent freezer burn and then into the Zip-Lock.
>>> Everytime I use Zip-Locs it ****es me off that they don't make and
>>> refuse to make a two quart size. It's gotten to the point that I'm
>>> ready to boycot Zip-Loc... the plastic bags at the produce section
>>> work as well if not better and they are free... after wraping in Saran
>>> place the item in a produce bag, squeeze out the air twist the open
>>> end and tie a knot in it, voila... screw you, Zip-Loc! In fact the
>>> produce manager knows me and gave me an entire roll of bags. Zip-Loc
>>> really should make a two quart and a three quart size, the gallon size
>>> is the least useful. a lot of wasted space. The typical 2-3 pound
>>> piece of meat really needs a 2 qt size, the 1 qt is two small but the
>>> gallon size is way too big. I've phoned Zip-Loc on this issue,
>>> however their people who answer their phone are rudest know nothings
>>> of any company I've ever contacted, and I contact lots. The vast
>>> majority of major companys are very receptive to comments and most all
>>> send me a stack of coupons, even for items 'll never use. Last time
>>> Lays sent me a dozen coupons for free chips, kept one and gave the
>>> rest to the grands. Zip-Loc wouldn't give the perspiration from their
>>> crotch, the snotnosed young imbecile was not at all interested in
>>> relaying my comment about making 2 qt bags... shoulda told the ****
>>> that zip-lock couldn't make proper sized condoms and their one quart
>>> was too small for me... perhaps the Zip-Loc gals all take the
>>> prolapsed gallon size.

>> Can you freeze vodka in ziploc bags? Then you could attach a bag to a
>> drip system over your head when you go to sleep.

> Gotta laugh at that.
>
> Cheri

First, he would have to clean all the *** off his headboard to hang the
booze bag!

Yep, pretty accurate too! Penfart even managed to alienate a poor
customer service person (phone answerer) at a plastic bag company!

He probably insulted her with 100 of his best Lung Guyland bullshit
diatribes

Good work, Popeye! "toot toot" "I yam what I yam"

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>> The one gallon size suck. They are too large for most items. The one
>>> quart size is very often too small. However they don't make a two
>>> quart size. I find Zip-Locs a big rip off. I'll change my mind when
>>> they make a two quart size... but they never will. They get you to
>>> waste money buying the expensive too large gallon size.

>> Let me send you $20 so you can afford them for the next ten years.
>> What's your address so I can mail a check?

> What a big sport you are... $20 won't buy me one year's worth and I'm
> stingy about using Zip-Locs... I even wash those I've used for dry
> items like crackers.

The $20 is so you can afford the gallon vs the quart. It's to cover the
price difference, not the pay for them.

Washing and reusing zip-locks is bizarre.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cheri wrote:

> "cshenk" > wrote in message
> > Ophelia wrote:
> >

> > > "U.S. Janet B." wrote in message
> > > I make 12 gallons (+/-) of spaghetti sauce at a time. I fill each
> > > quart Ziploc freezer bag with 16 ounces of sauce. I lay them
> > > flat, overlapping on a couple of half sheet pans. I put the pans
> > > in the deep freeze until everything is frozen solid. Then I use
> > > a 2 or 3 three gallon zip bags to corral all the bags of
> > > spaghetti sauce. Everything is flat, everything is frozen and
> > > kept together. Once years ago I had a couple of bags from the
> > > same box leak immediately as I filled them. I called the company
> > > and they sent me coupons for a couple of free boxes of bags.
> > > Janet US
> > >
> > > ==
> > >
> > > Blimey, what pan are you using???

> > Sheldon's that mounts to the floor and is on gimbales of course!

> Made of the finest materials available, so fine in fact that his is
> the only one in the world.
>
> Cheri

Hope this link works!

https://www.bing.com/images/search?v...lwHaE8&iss=VSI

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"cshenk" > wrote in message
> Cheri wrote:

>> > Sheldon's that mounts to the floor and is on gimbales of course!

>> Made of the finest materials available, so fine in fact that his is
>> the only one in the world.
>>
>> Cheri

> Hope this link works!
>
> https://www.bing.com/images/search?v...lwHaE8&iss=VSI

Yes, it works.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Hank FAGGOT Rogers was: What's for dinner?

Hank FAGGOT Rogers wrote:
>penmart wrote:
>> Gary wrote:

>>> :-o

>> Even I don't make 12 gallons of anything at a time... this coming week
>> I'm planning to make pea soup, 12 quarts.
>> 12 gallons is 48 quarts... I need to see her 50 qt. pot.
>> 12 gallons weighs over 100 pounds, most residential stoves won't
>> safely support 100 pounds.

>Why didn't you say "LIAR!" ? That's what you usually say.

Nope, FAGGOT... and Hank is the FAGGIEST of FAGGOT names... Hankipoo
Rogers of the prolapsed anal sphincter _( ! )_
Ahahahahahahahahahahahaqhahahahahahahahahahahahaha ha. . .
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/13/2018 12:25 PM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> On Sat, 13 Jan 2018 03:52:43 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>

>> "Sqwertz" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> Grilled Monterey Jack cheese and pickled jalapeno sandwich and a
>>> mustgovian tossed salad.

>> What is a mustgovian tossed salad? And will I regret asking that? Probably.
>> See? I done did it again.

> Items in the fridge that Must Go

A term that has a long history of use on RFC.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/13/2018 7:31 AM, S Viemeister wrote:
> On 1/13/2018 5:52 AM, Ophelia wrote:
>> "U.S. Janet B."Â* wrote in message I make 12 gallons (+/-) of spaghetti
>> sauce at a time.Â* I fill each
>> quart Ziploc freezer bag with 16 ounces of sauce.Â* I lay them flat,
>> overlapping on a couple of half sheet pans.Â* I put the pans in the
>> deep freeze until everything is frozen solid.Â* Then I use a 2 or 3
>> three gallon zip bags to corral all the bags of spaghetti sauce.
>> Everything is flat, everything is frozen and kept together.Â* Once
>> years ago I had a couple of bags from the same box leak immediately as
>> I filled them.Â* I called the company and they sent me coupons for a
>> couple of free boxes of bags.
>> ==
>>
>> Blimey, what pan are you using???
>>

> Not a s much as it sounds like - US gallons are smaller than Imperial ones.

A gallon of sauce is still a heck of a lot of sauce. I can't imagine
making 12 gallons of sauce. I doubt I could use that much in several years.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/13/2018 12:29 PM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> On Sat, 13 Jan 2018 07:45:59 -0500, Gary > wrote:
>
>> S Viemeister wrote:

>>> Not a s much as it sounds like - US gallons are smaller than Imperial ones.

>> I suspect she meant to say 12 quarts, not gallons. 12 gallons of
>> spaghetti sauce at a time would even put Sheldon to shame.

> thank you Gary.. You're right. I didn't catch on until you pointed
> it out.
> Janet US

I was having fun with this, trying to figure out why you would make 12
gallons of sauce (even if you do freeze it flat) at a time!

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 1/13/2018 12:25 PM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>> On Sat, 13 Jan 2018 03:52:43 -0800, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:

>>> What is a mustgovian tossed salad? And will I regret asking that?
>>> Probably.
>>> See? I done did it again.

>> Items in the fridge that Must Go
>>

> A term that has a long history of use on RFC.

Ohhhh. I call that "clean out the refrigerator".

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> On 1/13/2018 7:31 AM, S Viemeister wrote:
> > On 1/13/2018 5:52 AM, Ophelia wrote:
> > > "U.S. Janet B."Â* wrote in message I make 12 gallons (+/-) of
> > > spaghetti sauce at a time.Â* I fill each quart Ziploc freezer bag
> > > with 16 ounces of sauce.Â* I lay them flat, overlapping on a
> > > couple of half sheet pans.Â* I put the pans in the deep freeze
> > > until everything is frozen solid.Â* Then I use a 2 or 3 three
> > > gallon zip bags to corral all the bags of spaghetti sauce.
> > > Everything is flat, everything is frozen and kept together.Â* Once
> > > years ago I had a couple of bags from the same box leak
> > > immediately as I filled them.Â* I called the company and they sent
> > > me coupons for a couple of free boxes of bags. ==
> > >
> > > Blimey, what pan are you using???
> > >

> > Not a s much as it sounds like - US gallons are smaller than
> > Imperial ones.
> >

> A gallon of sauce is still a heck of a lot of sauce. I can't imagine
> making 12 gallons of sauce. I doubt I could use that much in several
> years.
>
> Jill

I can make a gallon here but not more. Thats about 4 weeks of
spagetti/red sauce for our usage.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:

> "jmcquown" wrote: (about mogovian)
> > A term that has a long history of use on RFC.

> Ohhhh. I call that "clean out the refrigerator".

You usually say "using up things". And none of those descriptions
sound very appealing although resulting meals can sometimes turn
out very well.

Imagine a restaurant menu describing "left-overs stew"
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gary wrote:

> Julie Bove wrote:
> >
> > "jmcquown" wrote: (about mogovian)
> > > A term that has a long history of use on RFC.

> > Ohhhh. I call that "clean out the refrigerator".

> You usually say "using up things". And none of those descriptions
> sound very appealing although resulting meals can sometimes turn
> out very well.
>
> Imagine a restaurant menu describing "left-overs stew"

I actually call it 'outta-stuff-cooking' meaning just before a trip to
the store but not ready to bother yet.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/15/2018 3:14 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> Restaurants do something similar and call it the "catch of the day".
>
> -sw

>> Omelet wrote:

>> He hates me 'cause I never slept with him...

> He hates himself because he is all he has to sleep with
> I don't know, sometimes he used to seem normal, then he went petty
> trough vindictive and now I just shun contact. I have enough crazies to
> deal with in my world without encouraging those who refuse to take their
> meds.

For the record, I never once even considered sleeping with you. And
you know that. You're the one who somehow got the idea that I was
going to move in with you - and you posted that to RFC just out of the
total blue.

After having met you twice at casual austin.food gatherings 2 or 3
years ago and not giving you any indication that there was any sort of
romantic interest in the least, you somehow twisted that into MY
MOVING IN WITH YOU?

That was just way too Psycho for me. I sat there at stared at the
screen for at least 15 minutes wondering, WTF? That was just way too
spooky. I've met weird, semi-psycho women before but you win, hands
down. Mapi of austin.general still holds the male title, but at least
he announced his psychosis right there lying on the floor of the bar
at B.D. Reilly's rather than romantically obsessing over me for 2
years.

Needless to say, you need to come to terms with what happened and why
your mind works that way and stop making up excuses for your fixation
and disappointment before we become the next Yoli and Michael. I'd
prefer you use a sniper rifle on me from a few hundred yards away.
There you go - a reason for you to buy yet another gun and ammo.

And Jeremy, I was just tired of your decade of bullshit and visions of
grandeur about all these things you're "working on" or have not done
in the past. Even posting a call for meetings with imaginary people
about imaginary projects of yours at "the normal time and place", as
if you are somebody important with a life. I'm pretty sure you're
manic depressive mixed with habitual liar.

Sorry I don't fit either of your Ideal Psycho Pal Profiles.

-sw

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 15 Jan 2018 16:14:35 -0600, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Mon, 15 Jan 2018 11:08:49 -0500, Gary wrote:
>
>> Julie Bove wrote:
>>>
>>> "jmcquown" wrote: (about mogovian)
>>>
>>> Ohhhh. I call that "clean out the refrigerator".

>> You usually say "using up things". And none of those descriptions
>> sound very appealing although resulting meals can sometimes turn
>> out very well.
>>
>> Imagine a restaurant menu describing "left-overs stew"

>These aren't leftovers, but fresh vegetables that need to used up.
>Restaurants do something similar and call it the "catch of the day".

Soup du jour.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> On Mon, 15 Jan 2018 16:14:35 -0600, Sqwertz >
> wrote:

>>> You usually say "using up things". And none of those descriptions
>>> sound very appealing although resulting meals can sometimes turn
>>> out very well.
>>>
>>> Imagine a restaurant menu describing "left-overs stew"

>>These aren't leftovers, but fresh vegetables that need to used up.
>>Restaurants do something similar and call it the "catch of the day".

> Soup du jour.

Yep. Most restaurants here seem to use premade, often Campbell's, but Family
Pancake House makes from scratch. It's always good but sometimes really
good. And it's often some kind of vegetable that will vary dramatically from
time to time. One time thick, one time thin, different veggies, etc.